PDA

View Full Version : Jacque Jones on Sunday

comet2k
04-14-2008, 12:49 PM
In his last two at bats Jones looked like he was swinging at everything and didn't care if he didn't make contact. At that point, the game was out of reach, but he looked like he was just going through the motions. I thought it was unprofessional and disrespectful to his team and the game.

spiffie
04-14-2008, 12:51 PM
In his last two at bats Jones looked like he was swinging at everything and didn't care if he didn't make contact. At that point, the game was out of reach, but he looked like he was just going through the motions. I thought it was unprofessional and disrespectful to his team and the game.
This is not different than most Jacque Jones at-bats.

Tragg
04-14-2008, 01:41 PM
This is not different than most Jacque Jones at-bats.
Indeed.
The Tigers made some strange moves. Didn't they trade basically what we traded for Swisher for Renteria? The same guy that Boston got one pass-around prospect for?

Hokiesox
04-14-2008, 02:26 PM
Indeed.
The Tigers made some strange moves. Didn't they trade basically what we traded for Swisher for Renteria? The same guy that Boston got one pass-around prospect for?

Yeah, but he also played for the Cubs. So he's obviously REALLY good.

jabrch
04-14-2008, 02:27 PM
In his last two at bats Jones looked like he was swinging at everything and didn't care if he didn't make contact.

That's been his approach for his entire career. Yesterday was no different.

kittle42
04-14-2008, 02:45 PM
If players are going to start getting into "unprofessional" labels for sucking, I can name several present and past Sox who are quite unprofessional.

VeeckAsInWreck
04-14-2008, 02:54 PM
Dave Dombrowski is getting closer and closer to reuniting the 1997 Florida Marlins. I'm sure he's on the phone trying to swing deals to land Craig Counsell and Moises Alou.

chaerulez
04-14-2008, 03:05 PM
Dave Dombrowski is getting closer and closer to reuniting the 1997 Florida Marlins. I'm sure he's on the phone trying to swing deals to land Craig Counsell and Moises Alou.

By my count they have two members of that '97 Marlins team. That's like saying if we got Trot Nixon we're trying to reunite the '04 Red Sox.

VeeckAsInWreck
04-14-2008, 03:18 PM
By my count they have two members of that '97 Marlins team. That's like saying if we got Trot Nixon we're trying to reunite the '04 Red Sox.

Jim Leyland managed that team.

comet2k
04-14-2008, 03:49 PM
If players are going to start getting into "unprofessional" labels for sucking, I can name several present and past Sox who are quite unprofessional.

To make mistakes is human. Jones looked like he wasn't trying, just swinging at everything to get it over with. To me that's unprofessional.

Most of the Tigers team is playing poorly, and a lot of them were swinging for the fences at the end. Jones was just waving at pitches, and his body language on the way back to the dugout said he didn't care how bad he looked. Ever see Ivan Rodriguez do that? Paul Konerko? Thome?

Maybe Jones was playing his heart out and that's just his persona. It sure didn't look that way.

FedEx227
04-14-2008, 03:53 PM
To make mistakes is human. Jones looked like he wasn't trying, just swinging at everything to get it over with. To me that's unprofessional.

Most of the Tigers team is playing poorly, and a lot of them were swinging for the fences at the end. Jones was just waving at pitches, and his body language on the way back to the dugout said he didn't care how bad he looked. Ever see Ivan Rodriguez do that? Paul Konerko? Thome?

Maybe Jones was playing his heart out and that's just his persona. It sure didn't look that way.

Don't confuse unprofessional with bad.

Jones has always swung at everything his entire career, I didn't think yesterday was any different then the Jacque Jones I've seen over the past 9 years.

cws05champ
04-14-2008, 04:45 PM

Down 11-0 in a cold environment on get away day. No doubt he was going through the motions. It happens more than people probably realize on the last game of a series. I'm not making excuses or saying it's right....just saying it happens.