PDA

View Full Version : Baltimore roll call

DSpivack
04-13-2008, 08:36 PM
There were a couple threads about the upcoming series at Camden Yards this week, but they were months old.

Just wanted to know if anyone wanted to meet up at the game or something; I haven't got a ticket yet (not too worried about a weeknight april game at Camden Yards these days). Not sure which day I want to go, if not both.

Anyone else going?

Chicken Dinner
04-13-2008, 08:44 PM
I still don't understand these 2 game series. :scratch:

DSpivack
04-13-2008, 08:45 PM
I still don't understand these 2 game series. :scratch:

Neither do I, and yet they changed the schedule makers why?

DSpivack
04-13-2008, 08:47 PM
Wednesday: Jose Contreras vs. Adam Loewen.
Thursday: Gavin Floyd vs. Jeremy Guthrie.

Both games are 7:05 ET/ 6:05 CT starts.

BRDSR
04-13-2008, 08:49 PM
I really want to go to one of them, but I'm just getting into law finals and I already blew off a weekend of studying to fly back to Chicago for the home opener.

We'll see. It will be, as they say, a game time decision.

Chicken Dinner
04-13-2008, 08:50 PM
I really want to go to one of them, but I'm just getting into law finals and I already blew off a weekend of studying to fly back to Chicago for the home opener.

We'll see. It will be, as they say, a game time decision.

The home opener was last week. :scratch:

Sorry about that.:redface:

Elephant
04-13-2008, 08:53 PM
I'd like to go out drinking with Nick Markakis.

Cavahoo
04-15-2008, 09:16 PM
I will be there..cant make Wednesday game, but will find my way to Pickles Pub and Camden on Thursday...anybody else going??

whitesoxwilkes
04-15-2008, 09:20 PM
I will be there..cant make Wednesday game, but will find my way to Pickles Pub and Camden on Thursday...anybody else going??

Not this go around, but I'll see you at Pickles in August!

Gonna catch the Sox at the Yards and the Nats and Dodgers in the same trip. Anyone else making the trip later this summer?

asindc
04-15-2008, 09:25 PM
I'll be there Thursday. Maybe I'll get there early enough for Pickles pub.

I plan to make at least one of the August games as well.

DSpivack
04-15-2008, 09:25 PM

I'll be there tomorrow, probably thursday as well.

areilly
04-15-2008, 09:29 PM
I'll be there Thursday, and am pretty excited to finally see a game at that gorgeous, gorgeous park.

NDSox12
04-15-2008, 10:04 PM
My sister and I will be there tomorrow night. I have class on Thursday night, so I can't make that one. I'll definitely be at a couple of the games in August too.

We don't have tickets yet, but that is of no concern whatsoever. We almost always try to get tickets in left field, so hopefully some Sox home run balls will be headed in our direction.

Cavahoo
04-15-2008, 10:11 PM
if you dont have tickets I suggest you try the "scalp free zone" located behind the outfield wall and directly across the street from Pickles Pub...anyone can direct you there and tickets must be sold below face value. My guess is it will be a buyers market and you should be able to get really good seats for half price...and before the game, stop by Pickles and have a few Yuengling's with me!

Cavahoo
04-15-2008, 10:15 PM
Not this go around, but I'll see you at Pickles in August!

Gonna catch the Sox at the Yards and the Nats and Dodgers in the same trip. Anyone else making the trip later this summer?

You know I'll be at all 3 August games...and for the record, my 30TH ANNUAL trip to Comiskey will be sometime in the July 17-22 home stand vs KC and Texas.

DSpivack
04-15-2008, 10:28 PM
if you dont have tickets I suggest you try the "scalp free zone" located behind the outfield wall and directly across the street from Pickles Pub...anyone can direct you there and tickets must be sold below face value. My guess is it will be a buyers market and you should be able to get really good seats for half price...and before the game, stop by Pickles and have a few Yuengling's with me!

I won't be able to get on the beltway until 5:30 or so, so just hoping I'll make it in before the first pitch.

NDSox12
04-15-2008, 10:56 PM
I won't be able to get on the beltway until 5:30 or so, so just hoping I'll make it in before the first pitch.

Just be glad it isn't a Friday game. A few years ago, I missed the first inning of a Sox/O's game on a Friday night because it took me over three hours to get to Baltimore from NoVa. I'm leaving early tomorrow just to be safe.

DSpivack
04-15-2008, 11:22 PM

Just be glad it isn't a Friday game. A few years ago, I missed the first inning of a Sox/O's game on a Friday night because it took me over three hours to get to Baltimore from NoVa. I'm leaving early tomorrow just to be safe.

Yeah, I'm glad I don't live in NoVa (for now, anyway). I'm just a couple miles down Connecticut Ave. from 495; I was thinking of driving and parking in Silver Spring, but the Metro would take a little longer (I work a block from Metro Center) that way, so not quite worth it.

ChiTownTrojan
04-16-2008, 07:38 AM
I can't make it this time around. Sucks, because I really wanted to see Camden. But I'll definitely make it out in August. I might even make it to the Yankees series this weekend (my girlfriend is from New York).

soxjim
04-16-2008, 08:36 AM
I sure was looking forward to attending Thursdays game. We had 2 lower deck tickets waiting for us at the will call area. Do to the airline situation my battalion is still in Kuwait. Hope you all have a good time.

asindc
04-17-2008, 09:56 AM

I will try to get to Pickles pub before the game. Hopefully, I can avoid the Popemobile traffic getting out of DC!