PDA

View Full Version : Sox vs. Giants at AT&T Park, May 16-18 roll call

RadioheadRocks
04-13-2008, 04:25 AM
Just ordered my ticket. Will only be able to go Friday night (the 16th), will be in lower box, section L107R, row 27, seat 12. :bandance:

skobabe8
04-13-2008, 10:12 AM
Converted and I will be there, but havent decided which games we will be at. Right now Im thinking Friday and Sunday, leaving saturday open for sightseeing.

I have not bought tickets yet. I dont know if i should wait or get them asap.

kninchicago
04-13-2008, 11:33 AM
I have tickets w/Elephant on Friday along with a bunch of other people like SABRSox and Kojak and I'm not even sure who else to be honest.

Saturday the day is reserved to tour wine country in a convertible :gulp:

04-13-2008, 11:45 AM
My wife, daughter and I will be at the Sunday game.

It will be my daughter Adyson's first baseball game!

DrGiggles
04-13-2008, 12:02 PM
My wife, daughter and I will be at the Sunday game.

It will be my daughter Adyson's first baseball game!

That's awesome. We will be bringing my nephew to his first game soon.

TDog
04-13-2008, 12:31 PM
I plan to go to the Saturday and Sunday games. I don't know about Friday. I'm two hours from the park, so I'm looking at staying in the city Saturday night

SaltyPretzel
04-13-2008, 09:16 PM
I'll be there Friday and Saturday. :bandance:

SOX LA Mikey
04-13-2008, 09:24 PM
You can bet the Farm(io) I'll make the road trip up
for my first Baseball game at (Phone Company) Park
after going to at least two of the Angels series.
.:bandance:

whitesoxwilkes
04-13-2008, 09:26 PM
We were planning on going, but now we probably aren't because we're moving the week before.

I reserved tickets using FF miles, so no harm no foul.

If anyone needs winery/stuff to do suggestions PM me.

Sockinchisox
04-13-2008, 09:29 PM
Me and my family were going to go to this but we have a wedding to go to on that Saturday so we're going to try to go to the Dodgers game instead.

Soxman219
04-13-2008, 09:35 PM
I'll be there for Friday. I'll see the Sox-Angels at Anaheim on May 12th and 13th, then travel to SF to watch Sox-Giants.:smile:

gogosox16
04-13-2008, 09:37 PM
I'll be there for Friday. I'll see the Sox-Angels at Anaheim on May 12th and 13th, then travel to SF to watch Sox-Giants.:smile:
That will be a good time, I really need to get out of all this cold weather that I travel to for sports and go somewhere nice for once:cool:

chisoxmike
04-13-2008, 10:22 PM
I'll be at the Friday game. :gulp:

LauraJ14
04-14-2008, 10:06 AM
My sister and I are going to Monday and Wednesday in Anaheim and Friday/Saturday in SF.

ChiSox Fan 68
04-14-2008, 01:43 PM
We'll be in Anaheim Wednesday and San Fran Friday and Saturday!

WagMan
04-14-2008, 09:34 PM
The wife and I will be at Saturday's game. WooHoo!!!!

skobabe8
04-16-2008, 04:53 PM
Anyone have any BART or CalTrain experiences?

kninchicago
04-16-2008, 04:56 PM

I've taken BART as well as the buses there, and I will be taking Caltrain this time. Are you staying near the airport?

TDog
04-16-2008, 05:25 PM

The Muni stops in front of AT&T. I take the BART from Dublin/Plaasonton into San Francisco/Oakland/Berkley, whatever. The BART will stop at A's games, but you have to be in San Francisco to catch the Muni to get to a Giants game.

The people who work at the BART stations are quite helpful in explaining what you need to do and where you need to go to get to a Giants game. For me, it's an easy transfer and another couple of dollars at the Embarcadaro station.

I don't know where people park when they drive to Giants games. I didn't see any parking around the ballpark.

Hendu
04-16-2008, 05:32 PM
Wish I could go. I was at AT&T last Friday to watch the Giants / Cards game and it's a beautiful ballpark.

We parked at the ballpark, there's a parking lot right next to it pretty much (down the street that runs down the 1st base side of the stadium, and across a small bridge) which costs $30.

Elephant
04-16-2008, 05:36 PM
I have tickets w/Elephant on Friday along with a bunch of other people like SABRSox and Kojak and I'm not even sure who else to be honest.

Saturday the day is reserved to tour wine country in a convertible :gulp:

Don't forget BeerCanChicken and Hangar.

05-12-2008, 01:06 AM
I will be there Sunday. :bandance:

Friday: Floyd - Sanchez
Saturday: Buehrle - Zito (unless he is booted back to the pen)
Sunday: Danks - Cain

skobabe8
05-12-2008, 01:15 AM
I've taken BART as well as the buses there, and I will be taking Caltrain this time. Are you staying near the airport?

We are staying at a Comfort Suites near the airport and taking the Caltrain to the game.

Is Fishermans Wharf worth it? Alcatraz?

Most importantly......any bars with a good happy hour???? :gulp:

Nellie_Fox
05-12-2008, 01:19 AM
Is Fishermans Wharf worth it? Alcatraz?Fisherman's Wharf is okay, the Alcatraz trip definitely worthwhile.

05-12-2008, 01:31 AM
We are staying at a Comfort Suites near the airport and taking the Caltrain to the game.

Is Fishermans Wharf worth it? Alcatraz?

Most importantly......any bars with a good happy hour???? :gulp:

I've been to Alcatraz 5 times in the 2 years I lived there. It just so happened everytime I had a guest in town they wanted to go.

Honestly it is pretty cool and I would recommend it along with the audio tour if your looking to fill some time and something to your trip. If the weather is looking nice than it is a much better experience because the boatride and views will be awesome on the bay. Another tip is to buy the tickets on-line (theres a handful of different online vendors) and pick the tickets up at the automated will call machine. You'll see why I say that when you see the gigantic line of people.

Good happy hour bars? Theres tons. Which neighborhood or area are you looking for? If your thinking about the wharf I have to warn you it is a big tourist area boardwalk. It is an experience but don't get sucked into too much time there. Hit it on offpeak hours.

Columbus St. is a good area for restaurants and happy hour bars. There is a block near Washington Square with a ton of stuff. Union St. in The Marina District is also good. The list can get pretty endless, theres a whole group of stuff on the Ocean as well.

If you are just looking for a place right by AT&T for happy hour than this is a great place: Momo's (http://sanfrancisco.citysearch.com/profile/880054/san_francisco_ca/momo_s.html)

This place is around the corner and kind of unknown. It is also dedicated mostly to out of town teams: Zeke's Diamond Bar (http://sanfrancisco.citysearch.com/profile/880064/san_francisco_ca/zeke_s_diamond_bar.html)

Hitmenof77
05-12-2008, 02:41 AM

BART is the only subway I've been on that charges you when you EXIT.

CalTrain is an easy way to get to the game. You'll even pass by their old park, Candlestick or whatever coporate name they called it.

Go to Fisherman's Wharf to look around and say you've been there. But don't buy anything there. It's a tourist trap and prices are out of line.

See the man standing behind the bush, though. For some reason people love this guy and actually give him more money and attention than the other street performers.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/World_Famous_Bushman

Lefty O'Douls is a must see for baseball fans. Tons of great pics. O' Doul was an player for the SF Seals of the old PCL.

05-12-2008, 08:52 AM
Go to Fisherman's Wharf to look around and say you've been there. But don't buy anything there. It's a tourist trap and prices are out of line.

Lefty O'Douls is a must see for baseball fans. Tons of great pics. O' Doul was an player for the SF Seals of the old PCL.

Actually buying a t-shirt or clothing or souvenirs at the Wharf won't put you back too much $. It is the restaurants that are way out of line.

If you also go to the wharf, make sure you take a walk down Pier 39

http://www.sidholland.com/Travels/images/'03_09_04_01/Pier%2039%20Sea%20Lions%201%20Medium.JPG

skobabe8
05-12-2008, 08:56 AM
^^^^^^^^^^ Thanks!

I found some tickets under face value on stubhub for Sundays game. How is everyone else buying tickets?

Also, I really want to go to a bar/restaurant that has a really good raw bar and seafood, but not fine dining expensive. Is Fishermans Wharf not a good idea b/c it is so touristy?

05-12-2008, 08:59 AM
^^^^^^^^^^ Thanks!

I found some tickets under face value on stubhub for Sundays game. How is everyone else buying tickets?

I got my tickets for Sundays game off Stubhub because we specifically had to have aisle seats since I am bringing my daughter to her first game. It may make for some unplanned quick exits from our seats to the concourse. :tongue:

Hitmenof77
05-12-2008, 11:51 AM
^^^^^^^^^^ Thanks!

Also, I really want to go to a bar/restaurant that has a really good raw bar and seafood, but not fine dining expensive. Is Fishermans Wharf not a good idea b/c it is so touristy?

It's OK and if you've never been there it is nice to see. But there are many other places that have better food at much better prices.

05-12-2008, 12:16 PM

Dining out anywhere in the city is unfortunately fairly expensive. There are so many different sushi places to choose from. We always kept trying different places so its hard to name a favorite. Some of them are made out into a fine dining, trendy type, swanky sushi restaurant bar experience. I suggest looking around and trying a good looking place nearby wherever your staying. I'm sure you'll find a good place within a few blocks (unless your staying in the Tenderloin area :o:).

TDog
05-12-2008, 03:41 PM
Actually buying a t-shirt or clothing or souvenirs at the Wharf won't put you back too much $. It is the restaurants that are way out of line. ...

On the Wharf, I generally go to Nick's Lighthouse, which is not far from Alioto's. It's small and reasonably priced for the location, but it doesn't have the Alioto's view. The food has never disappointed.

I was surprised to see so many really good seats available for this weekend's games. I don't have my tickets yet. I generally get them at the gate. The $85 seats may be gone by the time I get to the park, but I wouldn't be paying $85 to see a baseball game in May anyway.

Beer Can Chicken
05-12-2008, 03:45 PM
On the Wharf, I generally go to Nick's Lighthouse, which is not far from Alioto's. It's small and reasonably priced for the location, but it doesn't have the Alioto's view. The food has never disappointed.

I was surprised to see so many really good seats available for this weekend's games. I don't have my tickets yet. I generally get them at the gate. The $85 seats may be gone by the time I get to the park, but I wouldn't be paying $85 to see a baseball game in May anyway.

I was also surprised to find so many cheap seats available.

kninchicago
05-12-2008, 03:50 PM
Can anyone recommend any restaurants in Berkeley or Napa? For after the wineries close/before I have to head to the airport.

skobabe8
05-12-2008, 04:28 PM
I was also surprised to find so many cheap seats available.

Like I said, I got 2 UD tix on stubhub for half off their face value (fv=$26 each), but the fees and other charges brought the total for 2 tix to around $34 total. I want to wait until I get to the park for the other games, but stubhub might be cheaper.

The fiance wants to sit in dead center to be close to you-know-who. (hint: ex grinder) :rolleyes:

Soxman219
05-12-2008, 05:13 PM
Friday Night!

:bandance::bandance:

Frontman
05-12-2008, 05:14 PM
A co-worker of mine is going Friday and Saturday; hence I will be working. :D:

05-13-2008, 09:45 AM
The fiance wants to sit in dead center to be close to you-know-who. (hint: ex grinder) :rolleyes:

The OF seats are pretty decent. The Outfield concourse is pretty cool as well.

I got:

Sunday
AR 146 - Row 7 - Seats 1,2

skobabe8
05-13-2008, 01:45 PM
The OF seats are pretty decent. The Outfield concourse is pretty cool as well.

I got:

Sunday
AR 146 - Row 7 - Seats 1,2

And the fiance wins:

Friday: 142, row 1. :cool:

Hitmenof77
05-13-2008, 02:11 PM
And the fiance wins:

Friday: 142, row 1. :cool:

If she likes that ex grinder so much, you can visit his old HS where they have a shrine to him. It's not that far from Anaheim.

skobabe8
05-13-2008, 03:49 PM
If she likes that ex grinder so much, you can visit his old HS where they have a shrine to him. It's not that far from Anaheim.

Are you serious? Would that be Glendora HS? What kind of shrine?

Hitmenof77
05-13-2008, 06:24 PM
Are you serious? Would that be Glendora HS? What kind of shrine?

They have a picture of him in HS, with the Sox and Phils, a bat, and a jersey. Not really a "shrine" but it's in a enclosed case.

I've actually never been there, too far from where I live. But not far from Anaheim. Actually an easy drive south in the 57 freeway.

Beer Can Chicken
05-14-2008, 02:21 PM
Dining out anywhere in the city is unfortunately fairly expensive. There are so many different sushi places to choose from. We always kept trying different places so its hard to name a favorite. Some of them are made out into a fine dining, trendy type, swanky sushi restaurant bar experience. I suggest looking around and trying a good looking place nearby wherever your staying. I'm sure you'll find a good place within a few blocks (unless your staying in the Tenderloin area :o:).

Tenderloin has to be one of the greatest neighborhood names of all time.

05-19-2008, 11:10 AM
I hope everyone that went to SF had a great weekend. My daughter enjoyed her 1st White Sox game on Sunday and we came home with a winner.

Thanks to Jose Contreras for tossing us a ball during batting practice too!

Maybe I will get some pics up later today.

skobabe8
05-19-2008, 11:22 AM
I hope everyone that went to SF had a great weekend. My daughter enjoyed her 1st White Sox game on Sunday and we came home with a winner.

I think we were right next to you during bp! I saw Jose signaling to someone standing by me in the crowd to keep the ball. Nick Masset saw my Sox jersey and tossed me one right around the same time.

05-19-2008, 11:53 AM
I think we were right next to you during bp! I saw Jose signaling to someone standing by me in the crowd to keep the ball. Nick Masset saw my Sox jersey and tossed me one right around the same time.

Thats crazy. I was wearing a Buehrle white home pinstripe jersey and also looking like a fool because I forgot to pack my White Sox hat and still wore my vintage 1980 Padres hat. My wife was with me a few rows back holding our 11 month old daughter who was wearing a pink White Sox outfit :smile:. Our seats were actually in that Arcade section where Jose was near but we ended up moving during BP and grabbed some seats down the LF line because the wind was too much for my young one.

TDog
05-19-2008, 11:57 AM

I was near the Sox dugout during batting practice Sunday. (Unfortunately they didn't have batting practice Saturday because it was Adobe Photo Night with people on the field, and then there was a rather strange parade.)

One of the few problems I have with the ballpark (possibly the only other being the overpriced tickets -- fortunately I was surprised to get a half price view reserved ticket from the ticket window for Saturday night's game, though) is that they don't let people go down to the field level between the bases before the game. You have to pay for an $85 ticket in order to hang out at the inside of the dugouts or behind home plate during batting practice an hour before the game. Maybe that is a trend now.

WagMan
05-19-2008, 04:18 PM
Made it to the game Saturday night and had a great time! We were able to get on the field during the photo taking session and talked with Rowand for a second and Ray Durham a bit longer. Since we were at the park so early, we left the field and went to hang out by the Sox bullpen where Contreras was throwing a side session. Talked to Coop for a minute, which was cool. But, because of the on field photos, there was no BP (as previously mentioned) so that was kinda lame.

After the game, we ended up in Zeke's sports bar to get out of the chilly night air before catching a cab and, shortly after we walked in, it turned into a Sox bar. Good times! Great Sweep!

Elephant
05-19-2008, 05:16 PM
I went to Friday and hung out at Zeke's afterws.ards. It was every bit as hopping with Sox fans as Mitchell's.

mrfourni
05-19-2008, 07:52 PM
I went to Friday and hung out at Zeke's afterws.ards. It was every bit as hopping with Sox fans as Mitchell's.

I was at zekes friday, saturday, and before the game sunday. does anyone know who the ******* was who squirted mustard all over the floor saturday night? Seriously, why would someone do that?

skobabe8
05-20-2008, 09:06 AM
Thats crazy. I was wearing a Buehrle white home pinstripe jersey and also looking like a fool because I forgot to pack my White Sox hat and still wore my vintage 1980 Padres hat. My wife was with me a few rows back holding our 11 month old daughter who was wearing a pink White Sox outfit :smile:. Our seats were actually in that Arcade section where Jose was near but we ended up moving during BP and grabbed some seats down the LF line because the wind was too much for my young one.

I think I saw you. My gf and I wer standing in the first row closer to those dugout suites. I had a home AJ jersey, she had a 1983 style tshirt.

Did anyone else try the garlic fries? Wow! :redneck

kninchicago
05-20-2008, 09:17 AM
I had them, and now I must figure out a replica to make here at home. Yowza.

Hitmenof77
05-20-2008, 10:34 AM
I think I saw you. My gf and I wer standing in the first row closer to those dugout suites. I had a home AJ jersey, she had a 1983 style tshirt.

Did anyone else try the garlic fries? Wow! :redneck

Those garlic fries are nasty. What's worse is the smell when they're cooking.

Did you go to the Price is Right?

skobabe8
05-20-2008, 10:44 AM
Those garlic fries are nasty. What's worse is the smell when they're cooking.

Did you go to the Price is Right?

Decided not to go to TPIR. We didnt want to spend the majority of our day waiting in line. Plus, I wasnt sure if we were even guaranteed to get in.

I liked the garlic fries, personally. Tons of garlic, but if you like garlic you'll be fine. I couldnt eat them all the time, but I was happy to try them.

2 things about AT&T that stuck out to me:
#1. As soon as you walk in the main gate (Willie Mays Plaza) you are greeted by an escalator or walking up ramps just like USCF. I thought that was very interesting since most newer parks dont do that and Ive read bad reviews of USCF because of that feature.
#2. Our concourses are way better I think. The outfield concourse at USCF is alot more lively/active/fun than the outfield concourse at AT&T. Same goes for the upeer deck concourse.

kninchicago
05-20-2008, 11:38 AM
I like everything about the park but I think the giant coke bottle and baseball mitt looks really cheesy. I too loved the garlic fries. I bought them for a friend but he couldn't finish them all and gave me the rest--and like 1/3rd a serving was enough for me though! They are filling.

ChiSox Fan 68
05-20-2008, 02:21 PM
We had a blast on our California road trip last week. We went to the game in Anaheim on Wednesday night. We met Joe Crede's cousin by the dugout, he was super nice. And of course Quentin's grand slam was the highlight of the game.

Thursday we drove up the coast to San Francisco, stopping in Carmel for the sunset and dinner. That drive is amazing - a bit long but well worth it with the incredible scenery.

We went to the games Friday and Saturday nights. We had garlic fries for dinner both nights which, in retrospect, was probably not the best idea...but they say garlic is healthy, right?? We couldn't believe all the Sox fans, especially Saturday night. After the game, we went to a few of the bars around the park and the Sox fans definitely took over. The bouncer at the door of one of the bars said "I've seen a hundred of these things tonight" when I showed him my Illinois drivers license.

Wish we could have gone to Sunday's game as well...but we sure were lucky to have seen three winning games with some exciting moments (aforementioned grand slam, Konerko's steal, Buehrle's bunt and hit to right field, etc., etc.!).

Hitmenof77
05-20-2008, 02:30 PM
I was surprised to see so many Sox fans in Anaheim. Hopefully the same amount of fans will come out in June when the Sox play the Dodgers.

Beer Can Chicken
05-20-2008, 03:36 PM
Decided not to go to TPIR. We didnt want to spend the majority of our day waiting in line. Plus, I wasnt sure if we were even guaranteed to get in.

I liked the garlic fries, personally. Tons of garlic, but if you like garlic you'll be fine. I couldnt eat them all the time, but I was happy to try them.

2 things about AT&T that stuck out to me:
#1. As soon as you walk in the main gate (Willie Mays Plaza) you are greeted by an escalator or walking up ramps just like USCF. I thought that was very interesting since most newer parks dont do that and Ive read bad reviews of USCF because of that feature.
#2. Our concourses are way better I think. The outfield concourse at USCF is alot more lively/active/fun than the outfield concourse at AT&T. Same goes for the upeer deck concourse.

The only thing I disliked about the concourse was that the scoreboard blocked the view from the game if you were at the concessions in CF. Other that, that stadium is the cream of the crop. The beer prices were a bit steep but the selection was amazing and the lines were minimal.

We were at Zeke's for a beer after the game on Saturday night for a brew then we went to the North Beach neighborhood; it was bedlam.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/North_Beach%2C_San_Francisco%2C_California

SaltyPretzel
05-20-2008, 04:49 PM
The only thing I disliked about the concourse was that the scoreboard blocked the view from the game if you were at the concessions in CF. Other that, that stadium is the cream of the crop.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/North_Beach%2C_San_Francisco%2C_California

The only thing I didn't like were the ramps. They weren't steep enough. It seemed like you had to walk a mile to get to the next level.