PDA

View Full Version : A Doubles Machine...

jabrch
04-12-2008, 01:50 PM
AJ has 5 now in his 8th game. He usually plays about 140 games. His career high is 35 and he has had 24 in back to back years.

Anyone see anything different about him this year? Or is he just flat out hot?

Chilli Palmer
04-12-2008, 01:51 PM
He is seeing the ball really well.

Sockinchisox
04-12-2008, 01:58 PM
AJ has 5 now in his 8th game. He usually plays about 140 games. His career high is 35 and he has had 24 in back to back years.

Nintendo DS makes the world of difference.

Funny thing is, that isn't a joke.

Elephant
04-12-2008, 01:59 PM
He also dropped some weight over the offseason, so he's primed for a big year by his standards. It's good to see that kind of dedication from a veteran.

SoxandtheCityTee
04-12-2008, 02:22 PM
He also owns Verlander, so it's nice to see him twice early on.

AL Player of the Week is a hot start; I'd like to see AJ get it a couple more times this season, and I think he can.

And as I type, he picks one out of the dirt. I love AJ.

scarsofthumper
04-12-2008, 02:30 PM
AJ is just flat out awesome.

fquaye149
04-12-2008, 03:18 PM
If we can get some production out of AJ this year, our lineup should be in real good shape

whitem0nkey
04-12-2008, 03:19 PM
5-0

soxfanreggie
04-12-2008, 04:19 PM
Very happy with AJ at catcher. Out of all the catchers I've seen play, he's my favorite. He's a guy that you love when he's on your team, he's produced for us, and he does a good job behind the plate.

btrain929
04-12-2008, 04:28 PM
1) Came into the year in way better shape/dropped some unnecessary pounds.
2) Nintendo DS for vision training or something.

**** Mauer, bring home your own batting title AJ.

JB98
04-12-2008, 04:28 PM

He using more of a gap-to-gap approach this year. When A.J. was with the Twins, he hit for a high average because he used the whole field. That hasn't always been the case during his time with the Sox, especially last year.

When the Sox dug themselves a hole last season, some of the veterans hitters were trying to get us out of that hole by hitting a five-run homer in each AB. As a result, the hole got deeper and deeper. A.J. was one of the veterans who was guilty of that, IMO. Konerko was another.

A.J. was embarrassed by last season. I think he recommitted himself over the offseason. He's in the best shape of his career. He's going back to the basics of hitting that have made him successful through the years. He's going to hit some home runs, but he's not a home run hitter. He's a guy who can hit .280 or .290, and if he stays with his current approach, that's what we are going to see this season.

Stringer
04-12-2008, 05:21 PM
AJ is just been flat out killing it

Who would have thunk it

soxinem1
04-12-2008, 06:05 PM
He also dropped some weight over the offseason, so he's primed for a big year by his standards. It's good to see that kind of dedication from a veteran.

AJ, Thome, PK, and Contreras all look like they have lost weight.

Uribe and Jenks look no different to me, though some say they look a bit smaller too.

The entire team seems to be a little more athletic.

Foulke You
04-13-2008, 03:34 AM
The entire team seems to be a little more athletic.
Absolutely. In addition to the returning guys like AJ who are in better shape this year, the newcomers Quentin, Cabrera, and Swisher all look like they are in fantastic shape as well.

SBSoxFan
04-13-2008, 07:45 AM
Wasn't he a .300 hitter with the Twins? It would be nice to see him get back to that for the Sox!