PDA

View Full Version : Ventura removed from game

Paulwny
04-28-2002, 05:26 PM
He took a knee to the head trying to break up a double play. No report as to any possible injury.

doublem23
04-28-2002, 06:56 PM
I hope he's all right...

Cheryl
04-29-2002, 11:52 AM
An update:

Yankees 3B Robin Ventura left in the second inning after colliding with Mariners SS Carlos Guillen while attempting to break up a double play. Ventura has a sore jaw and a bruised neck. Ventura, who was still groggy after the game, said he thought he was knocked out. "It's just all kind of foggy," he said. "The last thing I remember going into second was that I thought I was going to be safe." ...

Paulwny
04-30-2002, 12:04 PM
From the AP:

Yankees third baseman Robin Ventura, who had a sore jaw and bruised neck after colliding Sunday with Seattle shortstop Carlos Guillen, had X-rays and a CT scan Monday in New York, and both were negative.

Cashman said Ventura is unlikely to start Tuesday, when the Yankees open a homestand against Oakland. David Wells (3-0) is to start for New York against Barry Zito (1-1).

"I don't think he'll play tomorrow night, just from the fact that one of the premier left-handers in the game is going," Cashman said. "He's just day to day."