PDA

View Full Version : I'll just say this

Viva Magglio
04-28-2002, 05:19 PM
We are playing with our heads stuck up our rectal ducts.

Paulwny
04-28-2002, 05:27 PM
Originally posted by ˇViva Mágglio!

Agree, another looooooong day.

HawkDJ
04-28-2002, 05:43 PM
Some things:
-We, especially Manos, have no idea how to play defense this series. 7 errors in this series already and this game isn't even over yet.

-We have lost that thing we like to call offense in a matter of 3 days. I'm counting 11 hits in the first 2 games of the series and just 1 so far. Thats an impressive .204 batting average.

-Have we just gone from the hottest team in the AL to the crappiest team in the AL in a matter of 3 days or am I just imagining that?

- Next game against a non-west team: May 20.

- We've seen the best of times and the worst of times from this team so far. Of course we could always blame this on the A's curse and/or this is our 17th straight game.

-Obviously no time to panic when you are in first but this was as ugly as it gets.

-Thank god for the Tigers.

CerberusWG
04-28-2002, 06:15 PM
Down 10-0.

Getting outscored 32-5 in this series.

Hitting around .200

7 Errors

Jerry manuel isn't doing his ****ing job. Any other manager would have reamed his club out, telling them that this is flat out unacceptable. What did Jerry do last night? Presumably nothing, this showing is absolute ****, and everyone knows it. There is no drive for win, and there is one man to blame for that: Jerry Manuel. I don't care if it's just one series, but if Jerry doesn't get in his player's grills soon, I'll be calling for his head.

I don't care if you act like Gandhi or not, just letting this **** pass by as acceptable isn't managing. Jerry doesn't have the balls to yell at his players, for some reason or another.

I expect a lengthy speech today, and if it doesn't happen, it just makes the player's think that failure IS an option.

bc2k
04-28-2002, 06:37 PM
Originally posted by ˇViva Mágglio!

I wish they had their heads stuck up their respective brown eyes, but I'm getting the feeling that they just can't beat the top teams (Seattle and Oakland). And Minnesota just owns us. I wish the Sox did have their heads in their ass because that means it was just a one-time occurance. But series after series against these teams just proves this Sox team cannot play with the big guns. Minnesota isn't as good as those two west coast teams, but we play more games against them, so that is even more frustrating.

The Sox can win back my confidence in them by owning Minnesota this year. If they dominate the Twins, I can live with the west coast losses, well, at least regular season west coast losses.

Bmr31
04-28-2002, 06:53 PM
Originally posted by bc2k

I wish they had their heads stuck up their respective brown eyes, but I'm getting the feeling that they just can't beat the top teams (Seattle and Oakland). And Minnesota just owns us. I wish the Sox did have their heads in their ass because that means it was just a one-time occurance. But series after series against these teams just proves this Sox team cannot play with the big guns. Minnesota isn't as good as those two west coast teams, but we play more games against them, so that is even more frustrating.

The Sox can win back my confidence in them by owning Minnesota this year. If they dominate the Twins, I can live with the west coast losses, well, at least regular season west coast losses.

guys ive been saying this all season. The sox have AWFUL starting pitching. Ups and downs are going to happen all season. If we make the playoffs, expect another sweep. You cant win against good teams with buehrle, an average pitcher, and 3 minor leaguers....

bc2k
04-28-2002, 07:38 PM
Originally posted by Bmr31

guys ive been saying this all season. The sox have AWFUL starting pitching. Ups and downs are going to happen all season. If we make the playoffs, expect another sweep. You cant win against good teams with buehrle, an average pitcher, and 3 minor leaguers....

I agree. It would be a treat to get one win in this years playoffs.

GASHWOUND
04-28-2002, 07:39 PM

AWFUL starting pitching is the wrong word to use. If we had AWFUL starting pitching we'd be in last. We have average starting pitching. And Buehrle is an above-avergae pitcher, not average.

doublem23
04-28-2002, 07:59 PM
Yeah, that was a brutal series...

Thank God they get a day off!

You know I'll be there Tuesday! :D:

Just keep saying, "Still in first place, still in first place, still in first place, still in first place..."

SOXSINCE'70
04-28-2002, 08:22 PM
:angry: Originally posted by ˇViva Mágglio!

:angry: :angry: :angry:
Why are the Sox so scared of the A's??They aren't the Mariners or Yankees,for God's sake.They are playing with their heads up their anuses,no question.Couldn't watch much past the third.To me,it was kind of like sticking around to tell Andy Sipowicz of "NYPD Blue" I just witnessed a murder.I can take the good,I can take the bad,but this is fugly.Really,really,fugly. F***ing ugly!!

:von

"Glad i'm not the team hitting coach anymore.When does the Gary Ward watch start??"

:firenardi

"As soon as my ass gets fired".

Bmr31
04-28-2002, 09:04 PM
Originally posted by GASHWOUND

AWFUL starting pitching is the wrong word to use. If we had AWFUL starting pitching we'd be in last. We have average starting pitching. And Buehrle is an above-avergae pitcher, not average.

uh, i didnt say buehrle was average.

Nellie_Fox
04-29-2002, 01:05 AM
You cant win against good teams with buehrle, an average pitcher, and 3 minor leaguers....
See, I misread your post too, until I went back and read it again. I thought that "an average pitcher" was a parenthetical phrase referring to Buehrle. What you really did was post a list of the five man rotation: 1: Buehrle. 2: an average pitcher (Ritchie.) 3,4,5: minor leaguers.

Bmr31
04-29-2002, 01:30 AM
Originally posted by Nellie_Fox

See, I misread your post too, until I went back and read it again. I thought that "an average pitcher" was a parenthetical phrase referring to Buehrle. What you really did was post a list of the five man rotation: 1: Buehrle. 2: an average pitcher (Ritchie.) 3,4,5: minor leaguers.

yeah, sorry for the confusion......

Bmr31
04-29-2002, 01:32 AM

uh, i didnt say buehrle was average.

and awful is overboard, but it was in the heat of my frustration. What i meant was, compared to real world series contenders, they have awful starting pitching. I realize that sometimes i am not clear....