PDA

View Full Version : Kosuke Fukudome: What do we expect?

Billy Ashley
04-11-2008, 02:55 PM
OK, so Fukudome has been on fire thus far into the young season. Going into this year, most experts were predicting solid defense, a decent average, lots of walks, and 15-20 home runs with some steals out of the right fielder.

So what are your impressions thus far of the Japanese import? So far, he looks just like what most of the experts expected of him: Patient with some gap power. He's clearly going to regress as the season continues onward, my prediction:

.290/.380/.460 with 15 home runs and 10 SBs. This line would make him one of the better right fielders in baseball but likely, given his hot start disappoint many Cubs fans.

RedHeadPaleHoser
04-11-2008, 03:02 PM
Let's see his #'s on June 1, after the entire NL has seen and/or scouted him. Wasn't ready to anoint Iguchi after 2 weeks in the majors, so let's not this guy, ok?

Billy Ashley
04-11-2008, 03:06 PM
Let's see his #'s on June 1, after the entire NL has seen and/or scouted him. Wasn't ready to anoint Iguchi after 2 weeks in the majors, so let's not this guy, ok?

Fair enough, but beyond them both being Japanese, there's not much in common between Fukudome and Iguchi. *Fukudome was one of the best players in Japan over the past 5 or so years, Iguchi was merely very good.*

*And I'd argue Iguchi was has had a pretty solid MLB career thus far anyway.

EndemicSox
04-11-2008, 03:34 PM
http://www.baseballprospectus.com/unfiltered/?p=699

I think PECOTA's projections were spot-on...

.285-.295, around .400 obp, 15-20 HR's...

Jurr
04-11-2008, 03:36 PM
I'll tell you what...I had a live look at him last night, and the guy's bat is quick. Even when he grounds out to second, you can definitely hear the contact. He's not missing by much when he does miss.

FarWestChicago
04-11-2008, 05:37 PM
No offense, Billy. But, all Flubs stuff goes in WTS.

Billy Ashley
04-11-2008, 08:16 PM
No offense, Billy. But, all Flubs stuff goes in WTS.

Not aware and now noted.