PDA

View Full Version : Some Interesting White Sox-Tigers Conversation Going On At Motownsports.

Thome25
04-11-2008, 12:51 PM
Here's a thread I started over there. Some pretty interesting yet mostly civil conversation going on with Tigers fans. Imagine that. :D:

Check it out:

http://www.motownsports.com/forums/showthread.php?t=58721

See? you CAN be pretty civil with another teams fans!! What do you think about Tigers fans after reading some of these posts? What do you think about the idea of being civil and talking baseball?

DumpJerry
04-11-2008, 01:02 PM
Interesting read. Why the hate for Crede? This makes me want to keep him. Also, why the hate for HAwk? Don't they watch the Tigers' broadcast of the games? How is it that they see/hear Hawk all the time?

Do they know Disco Demolition took place in the 1970's? They hate the Sox for it today? Do they realize Disco Demolition gave the Tigers a "free" win that season?

hi im skot
04-11-2008, 01:05 PM
I didn't read the thread, but Oblong is awesome.

Thome25
04-11-2008, 01:06 PM
Interesting read. Why the hate for Crede? This makes me want to keep him. Also, why the hate for HAwk? Don't they watch the Tigers' broadcast of the games? How is it that they see/hear Hawk all the time?

Do they know Disco Demolition took place in the 1970's? They hate the Sox for it today? Do they realize Disco Demolition gave the Tigers a "free" win that season?

You should jump in and ask them about hawk.

Thome25
04-11-2008, 01:14 PM
The last 3 posts just got a little outta hand. But a majority of them have been interesting.

Iwritecode
04-11-2008, 01:34 PM
Interesting read. Why the hate for Crede? This makes me want to keep him.

I *think* I heard on the ESPN broadcast on Sunday that Crede has the highest batting average at Comerica Park among all opposing players.

Don't quote me on it though...

RedHeadPaleHoser
04-11-2008, 01:39 PM
I *think* I heard on the ESPN broadcast on Sunday that Crede has the highest batting average at Comerica Park among all opposing players.

Don't quote me on it though...

I think you're right.....over .400 or something with RISP.

Thome25
04-11-2008, 02:14 PM
Leave it to the Twins fan to get my thread all fired up.:angry:

RTI_SoxFan
04-11-2008, 02:29 PM
Leave it to the Twins fan to get my thread all fired up.:angry:

It's an entertaining thread...

RTI_SoxFan
04-11-2008, 02:30 PM
Oh sorry, forgot this: :popcorn:

hi im skot
04-11-2008, 02:33 PM
Ah, our old buddy Timberwolf...

Oblong
04-11-2008, 02:52 PM
I didn't read the thread, but Oblong is awesome.

Why thank you sir!

We had an issue with another, presumably, Sox fan. If that person is reading this and wishes to stay on, shoot me a PM.

I personally think it enhances a MB when other team's fans are welcomed. Obviously there's an element of having to turn the other cheek, it is after all a fan site. But some outside perspective is always welcome.

In most cases it's the behavior of a few idiots ruining the perception for everybody. "Bring up Rick Porcello"???? Somebody else also strung these words together "foolish Dombrowski worried about his job security".

That's not Tiger fans any more than the dark cloud threads represent Sox fans.

MarySwiss
04-11-2008, 02:55 PM
Ah, our old buddy Timberwolf...Given the fact that the thread's title had the phrase "White Sox" in it, it was a sure bet that he'd show up. Note how he conveniently ignored the part that asked what TIGER fans thought. Typical.

hawkjt
04-11-2008, 03:06 PM
Timberwolf speaks for the entire fan base of the AL Central besides the sox it seems..says they all hate sox fans...ok..obsessed much?

Hawk constantly gives the Twins organization kudos..calling them the best in MLB...what the heck do they want him to say?

It is weird...sox beat the tigers, twins beat the sox and tigers beat the twins. Indians beat everybody last year,including the sox. And KC beats the sox some..and twins.

What a happy little family we have in the AL Central.
Now, go out an beat the Tigers...please ..

jdm2662
04-11-2008, 03:09 PM
Given the fact that the thread's title had the phrase "White Sox" in it, it was a sure bet that he'd show up. Note how he conveniently ignored the part that asked what TIGER fans thought. Typical.

Any worshiper of Jay Marrioti loses all credibility right there...

And, as a Sox fan, the day Hawk retires from the broadcast booth, will be a joyous day for me.

I'm all for having intelligent sports talk with other fan bases (like Oblong and Fenway) especially about football. Problem is, it's very hard to find objectivity and civil discussions. I'm about as objective as they get, and don't get pissy when someone doesn't like my team for what ever reason. The majority of people aren't like that. A case in point was the tool Timberwolf, who just ruined a decent discussion in the thread.

Rocky Soprano
04-11-2008, 03:11 PM
I just registered, just waiting for approval.

I've been to Comerica once and I LOVED the park. I have a really good friend who is a Tigers fan and I truly enjoy his baseball insight. The Tiger fans I sat nearby were actually very friendly.

TDog
04-11-2008, 03:42 PM
... Why the hate for Crede? ...

Joe Crede is one of the all-time Tiger killers and has been since the start of his career. In his first trip to Detroit in 2002, he hit two home runs. He not only has hit well against the Tigers in Detroit, but has won games with big hits, including a three-run homer to win an 12-inning game in Chicago in 2003. It was his second home run of the weekend series. I bought outfield seats for the game, but on that Sunday afternoon, the crowd had thinned, and I was standing on the concourse behind home plate when Crede hit it. It was a great ending. After a two-out-none-on error, they walked Konerko to get to Crede.

Coming into the season, Crede had only hit .288 in 44 games in Detroit, but he had hit 15 home runs. Overall, in 77 games against the Tigers, he has hit .281 with 21 home runs. But it hasn't been so much his hitting totals as when he gets many of his hits.

twsoxfan5
04-11-2008, 03:45 PM
That was a good read and I enjoy going to other sites like that to see what other fans are saying about our team. I think a lot of it has to do with the fact that we are the big market team in the division and everyone else hates us out of jealousy (maybe not Detriot recently with their $135 mil payroll). It is like all of the little guys ganging up to pick on the big guy in the division. One guy on that site says Crede seems like a jerk. Crede does kill them but has anyone ever heard Crede say something bad about anyone? I mean does anyone on this site lose sleep over other teams like it seems that guy Timberwolf does? I mean I don't really like any of the other teams in our division, but I don't think about them unless we are playing them.

WhiteSox5187
04-11-2008, 03:45 PM
Guys like that Buddha and T-Wolf are really why I don't post on other teams message boards. Yes, there are a lot of great fans there who can post intelligently, but really it's the people who shout loudest and are usually the wrongest that just gets under neath my skin.

RTI_SoxFan
04-11-2008, 03:48 PM
Iwritecode got a nice shout out in their thread. Assuming that's the same as ours...

You just had to think that post would get out of hand though.

goon
04-11-2008, 03:49 PM
There were a couple of cool heads in the thread, Oblong had some good, non-biased things to say about the organization. I didn't know IWRITECODE was a member, but good to see him sticking up for the Sox. Chasfh and Monkeytargets seemed to be good guys.

What was with that Buddha douchebag? Did a Sox fan steal his girlfriend or something? Anyway, after reading his rant I learned that I'll never put down a franchise like he did, just a bunch of bitter, stereotypical reasons not to like a team, most of which aren't even true.

RTI_SoxFan
04-11-2008, 03:55 PM
There were a couple of cool heads in the thread, Oblong had some good, non-biased things to say about the organization. I didn't know IWRITECODE was a member, but good to see him sticking up for the Sox. Chasfh and Monkeytargets seemed to be good guys.

What was with that Buddha douchebag? Did a Sox fan steal his girlfriend or something? Anyway, after reading his rant I learned that I'll never put down a franchise like he did, just a bunch of bitter, stereotypical reasons not to like a team, most of which aren't even true.

In Buddha's latest rant, he ended it by saying something along the lines of drunk sorority girls can get up in front of him at Wrigley anytime so he can look at their asses...

And he calls the White Sox classless?!?!?!

spawn
04-11-2008, 04:03 PM
I mean does anyone on this site lose sleep over other teams like it seems that guy Timberwolf does?
Timberwolf's hatred is reserved for all things Chicago. It's not just the White Sox he hates. He hates the Cubs, Bulls, Blackhawks, the Illini (although they aren't a Chicago team). I saw I think last year he was ripping the city of Chicago itself, only to have some astute and intelligent Tiger fans take him to task for it.

The thing to remember about Timberwolf is he thought Terry Bevington was a great manager, and he also loves Jay Mariotti. That's enough to lose all credibility IMO.

The Tiger board is pretty decent. There are some intelligent baseball fans there, and oblong does a good job of moderating IMO. Of course, you're going to have your share of idiots like Buddha and Timberdork, but what team's message board doesn't? :dunno:

UofCSoxFan
04-11-2008, 04:13 PM
Overall some level headed opinions but some interesting tidbits:

-Apparenlty Nick Swisher is a red-neck rascist?....o........k

-Kids at U.S. Cellular talk enough trash to ruin the experience for Detroit fans.

-Anything, save Hyde Park, is a warzone south of Madison St. (this from people that go to games in DETROIT).

-The Sox were too cheap to resign Magglio and that was a huge mistake, World Series not withstanding.

-Terry Bevington was a genious and run out of town by ignorant Sox Fans...oh and his bringing in a pitcher with 0 warm-ups was no big deal since the guy was being brought in to walk a guy.

-The Mag Mile (or State Street 'where all the bars are') was destroyed during the 1992 NBA finals...I was only 8 when this happened but I remember looting on the West and South Side, not somuch downtown. The only bars I know of on state street are in the Gold Coast area, and I don't really see rioting occuring there...I could be ingorant here though.

-The 2000 brawl that spurred the Sox to the playoffs and put the Tigers in a complete tailspin is a source of pride for Tigers fans

-Ozzie Guillen is both hated and loved somehow.

Jurr
04-11-2008, 04:15 PM
Timberwolf's hatred is reserved for all things Chicago. It's not just the White Sox he hates. He hates the Cubs, Bulls, Blackhawks, the Illini (although they aren't a Chicago team). I saw I think last year he was ripping the city of Chicago itself, only to have some astute and intelligent Tiger fans take him to task for it.

The thing to remember about Timberwolf is he thought Terry Bevington was a great manager, and he also loves Jay Mariotti. That's enough to lose all credibility IMO.

The Tiger board is pretty decent. There are some intelligent baseball fans there, and oblong does a good job of moderating IMO. Of course, you're going to have your share of idiots like Buddha and Timberdork, but what team's message board doesn't? :dunno:
Our site has no idiots. I'm going to sit hard and think about that statement while I photoshop Joe Randa with a Sox cap. Then I'm going to call the "KW on the phone in Phoenix" guy and ask him about investing overseas, because he is absolutely brilliant.

asindc
04-11-2008, 04:15 PM

Anyone who thinks Bevington was a good manager forfeits his right to offer an opinion on Sox baseball. Actually, I don't mind when someone doesn't like the Sox, just get your facts/analysis straight. I'm waiting for approval to chime in there as well.

As I've mentioned in other threads, I went to HS in Michigan. The Tigers fans in SW Michigan had a positive view of the Sox for the most part. For that reason, I don't dislike the Tigers like I do our other division rivals.

hi im skot
04-11-2008, 04:16 PM

-The 2000 brawl that spurred the Sox to the playoffs and put the Tigers in a complete tailspin is a source of pride for Tigers fans

:smile:

Also, I really didn't understand the accusations of racism directed at some of our guys... :?:

WhiteSox5187
04-11-2008, 04:17 PM

-Apparenlty Nick Swisher is a red-neck rascist?....o........k

-Kids at U.S. Cellular talk enough trash to ruin the experience for Detroit fans.

-Anything, save Hyde Park, is a warzone south of Madison St.

-The Sox were too cheap to resign Magglio and that was a huge mistake, World Series not withstanding.

-Terry Bevington was a genious and run out of town by ignorant Sox Fans...oh and his bringing in a pitcher with 0 warm-ups was no big deal since the guy was being brought in to walk a guy.

-The 2003 brawl that spurred the Sox to the playoffs and put the Tigers in a complete tailspin is a source of pride for Tigers fans

-Ozzie Guillen is both hated and loved somehow.
You mean 2000...for some reason I was foolishly expecting Tiger fans to be better understanding of that. As I recall Frank got drilled and then Parque threw up in and in to Dean Palmer and that started out one bit of it, but what I remembered was Fick just blind siding Foulke and giving him a black eye...I thought it was blatantly clear that the Tigers were the bad guys, but I'm a little biased.

asindc
04-11-2008, 04:18 PM
:smile:

Also, I really didn't understand the accusations of racism directed at some of our guys... :?:

The poster got many other "facts" wrong. Obviously just an uninformed rant.

UofCSoxFan
04-11-2008, 04:22 PM
2000, you're right...fixed it. I guess i just have the Tigers 2003 season on my mind for some reason :D:

Jurr
04-11-2008, 04:25 PM
2000, you're right...fixed it. I guess i just have the Tigers 2003 season on my mind for some reason :D:
Yeah..that was the moment that Hawk says "brought the team together".
I tend to believe that destroying the Indians and Yankees in four straight series made that happen.
I do remember Keith Foulke getting absolutely creamed in that fight.

Iwritecode
04-11-2008, 04:31 PM
Iwritecode got a nice shout out in their thread. Assuming that's the same as ours...

You just had to think that post would get out of hand though.

I signed up a couple of years ago when Timberwolf posted some grossly false information about somebody getting stabbed by a White Sox fan at the Humpdome.

RTI_SoxFan
04-11-2008, 04:35 PM
I signed up a couple of years ago when Timberwolf posted some grossly false information about somebody getting stabbed by a White Sox fan at the Humpdome.

Thanks for representin' your fellow WSI'ers! :gulp:<-----me in a few hours at the Cell... game #1 for the year after I was so rudely rained out yesterday.

Uncle_Patrick
04-11-2008, 04:45 PM

Do you remember the blog he had where he'd say stuff like Sox players were trying to murder opposing players on the field and he went on rant against the lollipops on US Cellular's scoreboard? That was some fun reading.

Thome25
04-11-2008, 04:46 PM

Yeah....way to jump in there IWC.

Chicken Dinner
04-11-2008, 05:25 PM
I think all White Sox fans can agree that Hawk........well, can be tough to listen too at times, especially when you put yourself in the seat of the other teams fans. But...Rod Allen ain't no winner either. :o:

DumpJerry
04-11-2008, 05:34 PM
Wow. That thread went downhill after I read it earlier today. Buddah needs to eat a whole box of high bran cereal before posting again. That guy Sheets needs to see a psychiatrist about his false memories. Disco Demolition Night was a bad thing because some guy had his Coke and a bag of chips his mommy got him and the night was ruined because there was no second baseball game to watch while devouring this delicious meal? Timberwolf is, well, Timberwolf.

It's scary who they let on the Internet today. Not like the old days.

FarWestChicago
04-11-2008, 06:28 PM
Oblong is a great guy and a great poster. He's the Motor City ma-gaga. If you don't like those two guys, there is something wrong with you. Yeah, ma's a bit of a stathead, but he's still cool. :D:

Timberwolf is just your garden variety lunatic. I don't mean that facetiously. He is quite disturbed.

Anyway, the presence of guys like Oblong, ma-gaga and the "where the hell is he now" Vic, make this a better site. :thumbsup:

WhiteSox5187
04-11-2008, 06:36 PM
Wow. That thread went downhill after I read it earlier today. Buddah needs to eat a whole box of high bran cereal before posting again. That guy Sheets needs to see a psychiatrist about his false memories. Disco Demolition Night was a bad thing because some guy had his Coke and a bag of chips his mommy got him and the night was ruined because there was no second baseball game to watch while devouring this delicious meal? Timberwolf is, well, Timberwolf.

Truth be told, I understand where that Sheets guy is coming from, in grammar school my chips and coke were taken from me every day too, I'll never forgive the heartless bastards who did it! Damn Cubs fans!!!

MarySwiss
04-11-2008, 06:37 PM

I read it this morning too, Dump. Think I'll go read the rest of it; something to do until game time.

Oblong is a great guy and a great poster. He's the Motor City ma-gaga. If you don't like those two guys, there is something wrong with you. Yeah, ma's a bit of a stathead, but he's still cool. :D:

Timberwolf is just your garden variety lunatic. I don't mean that facetiously. He is quite disturbed.

Anyway, the presence of guys like Oblong, ma-gaga and the "where the hell is he now" Vic, make this a better site. :thumbsup:

I think probably the main reason Timberwolf behaves himself--sort of--over at Motownsports is because he knows that if he didn't, Oblong would boot his sorry ass so fast it would make his head spin. He must be running out of places to post, which, considering the size of the Internet, says a lot. :tongue:

Well, anyway; looks like a whole bunch of WSIers probably just made their way onto his **** list--Timberwolf's not Oblong's--joining us wizened old-timers there.

Not that that's a bad thing, mind you! :D:

Edit: Just got to Timberwolf's first post. Guy still hasn't mastered that whole subject-verb agreement thing, I see.

Oblong
04-11-2008, 09:27 PM
West, thanks for the kind words. It really does mean a lot to me. This is by far one of the best fan sites on the net and the quality is what's kept me here.

I've seen quite a few of you joined in the thread. You are more than welcome over there on a regular basis. The MLB forum is not quite as active as the one here though. I think the best feature of our site is actually the minor league area. If that sutff interests you then I encourage you to check it out.

Huisj
04-11-2008, 10:16 PM
As I recall Frank got drilled and then Parque threw up in and in to Dean Palmer and that started out one bit of it, but what I remembered was Fick just blind siding Foulke and giving him a black eye...I thought it was blatantly clear that the Tigers were the bad guys, but I'm a little biased.

I think it was Carlos Lee who got drilled first. He got hit in the 6th by Weaver, and then Parque drilled Palmer to lead off the 7th.