PDA

View Full Version : My Bad...


voodoochile
04-28-2002, 03:56 PM
Okay, I'm willing to take my share of the blame... You see these last few days, I haven't been wearing my lucky "yin and yang" black and white earring (with the black side up).

I decided to give it a shot early in the season with the Sox struggling and they won the next 4 and 15 out of 18 or whatever it was... Today it is already on and ready for action...

Well I don't really believe my earring is the reason the Sox win and lose, it is one superstition I follow. I also never wear my Sox cap at home, but it must be within touching distance so I can rub it for luck and it must be able to "see" AND "face" the TV - the brim and Sox logo being the face.

I know others must have some quirks also, hopefully equally as goofy...

What superstitions do you folks have? (Throwing remotes is NOT a superstition :D: )

doublem23
04-28-2002, 04:03 PM
Doing pBp for Sox games at the chat... :D:

Paulwny
04-28-2002, 04:06 PM
I always have a bottle of Rolaids within reach.

Bmr31
04-28-2002, 04:14 PM
Originally posted by voodoochile
Okay, I'm willing to take my share of the blame... You see these last few days, I haven't been wearing my lucky "yin and yang" black and white earring (with the black side up).

I decided to give it a shot early in the season with the Sox struggling and they won the next 4 and 15 out of 18 or whatever it was... Today it is already on and ready for action...

Well I don't really believe my earring is the reason the Sox win and lose, it is one superstition I follow. I also never wear my Sox cap at home, but it must be within touching distance so I can rub it for luck and it must be able to "see" AND "face" the TV - the brim and Sox logo being the face.

I know others must have some quirks also, hopefully equally as goofy...

What superstitions do you folks have? (Throwing remotes is NOT a superstition :D: )

when the sox or bulls fall behind, i turn it off and check back in 10 mintues or so......it seems to work.

Paulwny
04-28-2002, 04:47 PM
Originally posted by Paulwny
I always have a bottle of Rolaids within reach.

Actually during the '59 season I made sure I always listened to a 45 record of "Ram-Bunk- Shush" by r+b organist Bill Doggett before every sox game.
I wore the record out during the WS.

Spiff
04-28-2002, 05:44 PM
Originally posted by Bmr31


when the sox or bulls fall behind, i turn it off and check back in 10 mintues or so......it seems to work.

Sorta what I do. If my team is doing well, I don't change the channel for anything. If I do change it, I have to change back, then change it again then change back again to offset it.

Bmr31
04-28-2002, 06:57 PM
Originally posted by Wh1teSox00


Sorta what I do. If my team is doing well, I don't change the channel for anything. If I do change it, I have to change back, then change it again then change back again to offset it.

Honestly, i turn it off because when my teams are doing poorly, i literally feel sick. I love the sox, but i watched almost none of this series, for health reasons. :D:

Kilroy
04-28-2002, 10:09 PM
Originally posted by Bmr31


Honestly, i turn it off because when my teams are doing poorly, i literally feel sick. I love the sox, but i watched almost none of this series, for health reasons. :D:

I have kinda the same problem. When they are down, I'm on the edge of my seat and anxious with every pitch. If one looks close and doesn't go the Sox way, I yell at the TV like I lost money or something. My wife always tells me that since I'm not enjoying the game, I should turn it off. What the hell's she talking about?
I'm enjoying the game, just not the situation.

raul12
04-29-2002, 12:20 AM
yeah, i'm sort of the same way. my wife always tells me to calm down--it doesn't matter what's going on, i'm screaming, yelling, jumping up and down, dancing...you name it. the outcome of games affects my mood. if they win, i'm pretty at-ease/happy. if they lose, i'm always a little gloomy. thank goodness i've emotionally detached myself from the bulls--i'd be in therapy.

anyways, not much dancing this weekend. that was just awful. good ole' fashioned ass-whuppin.

well, it's an off day tomorr

Bmr31
04-29-2002, 01:44 AM
Originally posted by raul12
yeah, i'm sort of the same way. my wife always tells me to calm down--it doesn't matter what's going on, i'm screaming, yelling, jumping up and down, dancing...you name it. the outcome of games affects my mood. if they win, i'm pretty at-ease/happy. if they lose, i'm always a little gloomy. thank goodness i've emotionally detached myself from the bulls--i'd be in therapy.

anyways, not much dancing this weekend. that was just awful. good ole' fashioned ass-whuppin.

well, it's an off day tomorr

ahhhh now there is a die hard sox fan!

Vsahajpal
04-29-2002, 05:07 AM
heh, great question, voodoo.

I'm like the Nomar Garciaparra of viewers.

If I'm watching in the living room, and the Cubs are winning (stop laughing...) I have to remain in the seat the rest of the game, if I get up for some reason or another, I have to go back to that seat in the same position I was seated in.

If they are losing, I have to switch seats.

Each time I cross from one room back to the living room during gameday, I cannot step on the carpet fringe.

Same songs before every game, RATM's "Wake Up" so as to wake up the Cubs' bats, and Public Enemy's "Shut Em Down" for the pitchers.

If they are in the midst of a winning streak (I said STOP LAUGHING!), I cannot change my workout routine under any circumstances, even if it means my triceps are being crushed under the weight of my brachialis, biceps, and brachioradialis muscles.

If I'm at school and have to rely on gamecast, I always use cbs sportsline. If I'm following Ryan Klesko's at-bat (for fantasy baseball purposes) in the Padres-Giants game on gamecast, and the Cubs score, I cannot under any circumstances switch back to the Cubs game until the inning is over.

It's all about the karma...

:gulp:

Lisa
04-29-2002, 09:19 AM
I don't allow my sister to watch games any more. We just realized this year that she's never been to a winning Sox game. What the hell?!?! She's like kryptonite. I wish I'd realized that before I brought her to a playoff game...

Iwritecode
04-29-2002, 10:45 AM
For a while here they kept winning every time a made pick in the PTC contest. That sure went down in flames this weekend... I even tried NOT picking anyone on Sunday. Didn't help...