PDA

View Full Version : Tonight's Pirates/Cubs game

Jurr
04-10-2008, 09:32 PM
I witnessed an all time low tonight.
In the third inning of tonight's Pirates/Cubs game at PNC Park, I had to use the facilities. Upon entering, I received a shock. There was NOT ONE other body in that restroom at the time. I have seen baseball games at numerous stadiums anywhere from little leage to college to the minors to the pros, and I have never been in a bathroom alone at a ballpark, not even when the urinal I was using was being filled with orange Fanta after one of my tee ball games.

Weird, indeed.

DumpJerry
04-10-2008, 09:54 PM
What was the attendance? 450 people? Or have they banned beer sales there?

It was good meeting you on Opening Day, by the way.

Jurr
04-10-2008, 10:00 PM
What was the attendance? 450 people? Or have they banned beer sales there?

It was good meeting you on Opening Day, by the way.
The pleasure was all mine, brother.
I didn't get an attendance figure, but I paid 35 bucks for two tickets in row M directly behind home plate from a scalper, the beer vendors were standing out in the concourse practically begging people to buy beer, and I watched at least two hot dogs plummet haplessly to the ground when shot from the hot dog gun. When that hot dog gun sends projectiles in the air, people usually climb on top of each other to be the one to grab the tasty ammunition.
There could not have been more than 5,000 people at that park in total. Terrible.

DumpJerry
04-10-2008, 10:02 PM
The pleasure was all mine, brother.
I didn't get an attendance figure, but I paid 35 bucks for two tickets in row M directly behind home plate from a scalper, the beer vendors were standing out in the concourse practically begging people to buy beer, and I watched at least two hot dogs plummet haplessly to the ground when shot from the hot dog gun. When that hot dog gun sends projectiles in the air, people usually climb on top of each other to be the one to grab the tasty ammunition.
There could not have been more than 5,000 people at that park in total. Terrible.
Was the weather bad? I mean, you guys had God's Team in town..........:tongue:

WhiteSox5187
04-11-2008, 02:24 AM
Was the weather bad? I mean, you guys had God's Team in town..........:tongue:
Did the Penguins play tonight too? That could have kept attendance down. Also, it IS a week night in April and if it's at all cold, attendance is going to be poor anyways. But this isn't anything new for the Pirates. They'll start drawing once they start winning.

Railsplitter
04-11-2008, 06:50 AM
Little known fact: people in west Pennsylvania have unsually large bladders. :wink:

itsnotrequired
04-11-2008, 07:46 AM
I've been in upper deck bathrooms by myself several times over the past couple seasons.

:shrug:

Jurr
04-11-2008, 09:29 AM
There was no Penguins game, and this was the bathroom in the concourse right behind home plate. Very strange.

champagne030
04-11-2008, 01:08 PM
I've been in upper deck bathrooms by myself several times over the past couple seasons.

:shrug:

That's because they're all down on the concourse using lower-bowl bathrooms. :cool: