PDA

View Full Version : Reds moving to AZ for ST

Chicken Dinner
04-10-2008, 12:39 PM
Looks like it's so long Sarasota. Another team moving to AZ.

http://www.azcentral.com/community/swvalley/articles/2008/04/08/20080408reds0407-ON.html

SOXPHILE
04-10-2008, 01:03 PM
Wow. It seems like only yesterday, Florida had all but a handfull of teams for spring training, with only 8 teams in Arizona- the Cubs, Brewers, Angels, A's, Indians, Padres, Giants, Mariners, and then, later the Rockies and D-Backs.

TDog
04-10-2008, 01:12 PM
The East Coast teams, certainly the Florida teams, will always train in Florida. But I could see all but about eight to 10 teams training in Arizona.

I'm impressed that Arizona has done so much to not just keep the Cactus League alive, but to make it into the preferred place for teams to train in the spring. I'm sure players miss the beach, but I much prefer Arizona to Florida.

I just wish the Cactus League was so Maricopa-centric.

AZChiSoxFan
04-11-2008, 09:22 AM
The East Coast teams, certainly the Florida teams, will always train in Florida. But I could see all but about eight to 10 teams training in Arizona.

I'm impressed that Arizona has done so much to not just keep the Cactus League alive, but to make it into the preferred place for teams to train in the spring. I'm sure players miss the beach, but I much prefer Arizona to Florida.

I just wish the Cactus League was so Maricopa-centric.

Good points, except for your last one. :D:

Several years ago, I remember reading in the AZ Republic that the Cactus League was in danger of going completely under.

Nice to see what's become of the CL.