PDA

View Full Version : Cubs fans at the cell.

soxpride724
04-10-2008, 09:41 AM
So I'm at the game last night and couldn't help notice some arrogant scrubs fans at the game also (in my section). What I wanna know is, why do scrubs fans attend OUR games, with full blown scrubbie gear on mind you, and their team isn't even playing? How many Sox fans go to the urinal just to go, and sport the silver and black? I bet not many IF any at all.
:angry:

Mr.1Dog
04-10-2008, 09:46 AM
Who cares? Let them pump some revenue into the team.:scratch:

MsSoxVixen22
04-10-2008, 09:48 AM
I know it doesn't make any sense. Just figure the source and don't let it bother you. Don't even pay attention to them. They're just there to piss off the Sox fans and showing them it bothers you would just give them what they want. I will say, I wouldn't go to the Urinal dressed in full Sox gear, if the Cubs were playing the Sox or not. I went to the Urinal for a Cubs Sox game and I got harassed so that was my last visit.

soxfan21
04-10-2008, 09:48 AM
I thought that it was funny how, on Opening Day, there was some guy sitting a few rows away from me in the bleachers had a Crede jersey on and a cubs hat on. I guess that after they posted the final score of the cubs game on monday, he must have cheered or said "yes" or something because right when that score went final people started booing him and some people threw peanut shells at him. I really do not know why they come to the Cell in full blown cubs gear. I guess that some people just might want to be "that guy" who gets made fun of for an entire game or who likes to talk about all the love that the cubs get, I just really have no idea why they go to the Cell though. I never go to the urinal for cubs games and never will.

rdwj
04-10-2008, 09:49 AM
It annoys me too. Just asshats looking for attention. I've been told that some of our fans do it at Wrigley too, but the few times I've been there when the Sox weren't playing, I've never noticed it.

A.T. Money
04-10-2008, 09:51 AM
So I'm at the game last night and couldn't help notice some arrogant scrubs fans at the game also (in my section). What I wanna know is, why do scrubs fans attend OUR games, with full blown scrubbie gear on mind you, and their team isn't even playing? How many Sox fans go to the urinal just to go, and sport the silver and black? I bet not many IF any at all.

What section where you in?

Mr. Man
04-10-2008, 09:52 AM
I've worn White Sox gear to Wrigley before, even when the Sox aren't playing there. Sometimes I've gotten an earful from some douchebag and sometimes I've had decent conversation with Cub fans too.

Personally I'm tired of the "It's our park - Cub fans stay out" crud. If a Cub fan wants to go see a game at the Cell, so long as he's not a foul-mouthed or belligerent arse, it doesn't bother me.

Jerko
04-10-2008, 09:52 AM
I just shake my head and move on. They WANT the attention so ignoring them is the worst thing you can do to them.

scarsofthumper
04-10-2008, 09:55 AM
It doesn't really matter to me, they're paying their money and supporting our team. It only helps us.

skottyj242
04-10-2008, 09:56 AM
I go to Wrigley like once, maybe twice a year and I usually wear the opposing teams hat and keep and update on the Sox score through my phone.

Chicken Dinner
04-10-2008, 09:57 AM
How else are they going to learn about baseball? Lighten up Francis!

Juice16
04-10-2008, 09:58 AM
They were out in droves in 2004 after their playoff run in 2003. I remember leaving the park and they had a Go Cubs Go chant going on one of the ramps. My friend is the same way, every time I see him he is wearing Central Division Champions shirt from last year.

jenn2080
04-10-2008, 10:07 AM

I have seen plenty. Don't flatter yourself. I love that some Sox fans forget that not all Sox fans are angels.

itsnotrequired
04-10-2008, 10:08 AM
This sucked last night because it was so crowded that it was impossible to move away from anyone that was annoying.

kittle42
04-10-2008, 10:11 AM
How many Sox fans go to the urinal just to go, and sport the silver and black? I bet not many IF any at all.

I go to a fair amount of Cubs games, living only three blocks from the park. Occasionally, especially if the Sox are doing well, I wear some Sox stuff. I have done the same when I have gone to see games in St. Louis, NY, and Minnesota. I don't see what the problem is.

kittle42
04-10-2008, 10:13 AM
My friend is the same way, every time I see him he is wearing Central Division Champions shirt from last year.

They're still selling them all over outside the stadium. My first thought? Yet another celebration of futility. Simply making the playoffs is celebrated way too much in this town.

Tree Hate Me
04-10-2008, 10:15 AM
I like to wear my '84 Padres cap when I go to Wrigley. It's such a subtle dig at them that I rarely get any grief from the Cub fans.

As others have said -- the more butts in the seats, the more $$$ in the Sox coffer. The way I see it they're helping pay Uribe's salary. Bless their hearts.

soxpride724
04-10-2008, 10:17 AM
[quote=jenn2080;1848775]I have seen plenty. Don't flatter yourself. I love that some Sox fans forget that not all Sox fans are angels.

Yeah thanks I've seen plenty of them too. I only brought it up cause they were cheering on the cubs the whole game. just thought it was ignorant.

soxfan13
04-10-2008, 10:17 AM
This sucked last night because it was so crowded that it was impossible to move away from anyone that was annoying.

It also looked like that concourse was packed with a huge smoke cloud right above it:redneck

itsnotrequired
04-10-2008, 10:20 AM
It also looked like that concourse was packed with a huge smoke cloud right above it:redneck

I have upstairs seats but went downstairs and hung on the outfield concourse for a half inning or so. The entire ballpark experience was ruined for everyone.

soxfan13
04-10-2008, 10:23 AM
I have upstairs seats but went downstairs and hung on the outfield concourse for a half inning or so. The entire ballpark experience was ruined for everyone.

did you try to sneak in the overcrowded bathroom by using the exit door?:gulp:

jenn2080
04-10-2008, 10:26 AM
[quote=jenn2080;1848775]I have seen plenty. Don't flatter yourself. I love that some Sox fans forget that not all Sox fans are angels.

Yeah thanks I've seen plenty of them too. I only brought it up cause they were cheering on the cubs the whole game. just thought it was ignorant.

I have went to plenty of Cub games and watched the score of the Sox game and cheered.

russ99
04-10-2008, 10:27 AM
Actually, I'm more disgusted with the hordes of idiots wearing Red Sox gear to the Cell, when we're not playing the Carmines.

I want to yell at them, "Hey, you got the wrong color Sox on!"

At least with the Cub fans, they just don't know any better...

skottyj242
04-10-2008, 10:27 AM
did you try to sneak in the overcrowded bathroom by using the exit door?:gulp:

I cut in front of someone while they were trying to get something to eat and took my time like I didn't know what I wanted. I wanted nachos.

soxpride724
04-10-2008, 10:29 AM
Yeah I've noticed quite a few bosox fans as well.

soxfan13
04-10-2008, 10:30 AM
I cut in front of someone while they were trying to get something to eat and took my time like I didn't know what I wanted. I wanted nachos.

That happened to me on monday but I couldnt get security over cuz i was smoking in line:tongue:

alohafri
04-10-2008, 10:38 AM

A buddy of mine is a Cub fan and I will take him to games with me on occasion. He will wear some kind of beer hat or something like that. HE calls those people idiots (the ones in the Cub shirts and hats). Hats are no real big deal to me, but when they show up in their full Cubbie regalia and cheer the opposition, that is kind of a pisser.

pdimas
04-10-2008, 10:48 AM

There were a lot of obnoxious drunkards that snuck down by our seats yesterday. Probably had more to do with the park being as empty as it was than anything. The dip**** in the first row kept trying to spit on the chevy pride crew and would then look at his buddies as if to say look how funny i am.

As far as wearing Sox gear to Wrigley goes well I wear my Sox hat when I go (usually I go to the Sox Vs. Cubs games). Honestly i have gotten crap more from women than men which isn't bad becuse it usually ended up with buying each other beers and whatnot. I said the same thing to a buddy of mine who teased me for wearing a Sox hat and sure enough two pretty lasses came up and starting ribbing me. Next thing I knew he took my hat and disappeared. When I found him later he had his arm around another pretty gal. He looked over at me tossed my hat over and said thanks! :cool: All you need is an in....

skottyj242
04-10-2008, 10:51 AM
There were a lot of obnoxious drunkards that snuck down by our seats yesterday. Probably had more to do with the park being as empty as it was than anything. The dip**** in the first row kept trying to spit on the chevy pride crew and would then look at his buddies as if to say look how funny i am.

As far as wearing Sox gear to Wrigley goes well I wear my Sox hat when I go (usually I go to the Sox Vs. Cubs games). Honestly i have gotten crap more from women than men which isn't bad becuse it usually ended up with buying each other beers and whatnot. I said the same thing to a buddy of mine who teased me for wearing a Sox hat and sure enough two pretty lasses came up and starting ribbing me. Next thing I knew he took my hat and disappeared. When I found him later he had his arm around another pretty gal. He looked over at me tossed my hat over and said thanks! :cool: All you need is an in....

"Hey Delman, you're better than I am."

pdimas
04-10-2008, 10:52 AM
"Hey Delman, you're better than I am."

You were the only one in our section not slurring their insult :smile:

btrain929
04-10-2008, 10:52 AM
I went last Sunday cuz my college friend who's a Cubs fan had tix and wasn't going to charge me. It was a beautiful day outside, so I figured what the hell. While I wasn't really wearing full blown sox gear (jersey, jacket, shoes, socks, boxers, etc) lol, I had my white white sox hat on, and a black shirt that says "friends dont let friends go to wrigley." Some people noticed, some didn't. The ones who did, I told them the Cubs suck, always have, always will, and went on my way.

Scottzilla
04-10-2008, 11:13 AM
I thought that it was funny how, on Opening Day, there was some guy sitting a few rows away from me in the bleachers had a Crede jersey on and a cubs hat on. I guess that after they posted the final score of the cubs game on monday, he must have cheered or said "yes" or something because right when that score went final people started booing him and some people threw peanut shells at him. I really do not know why they come to the Cell in full blown cubs gear. I guess that some people just might want to be "that guy" who gets made fun of for an entire game or who likes to talk about all the love that the cubs get, I just really have no idea why they go to the Cell though. I never go to the urinal for cubs games and never will.

LOL i was in the same section as you. some people just starved for attention dont care if its negative or positive attention. I was hoping everyone would just ignore the idiot.

skottyj242
04-10-2008, 11:20 AM
LOL i was in the same section as you. some people just starved for attention dont care if its negative or positive attention. I was hoping everyone would just ignore the idiot.

I was there as well.

twsoxfan5
04-10-2008, 11:36 AM
I went last Sunday cuz my college friend who's a Cubs fan had tix and wasn't going to charge me. It was a beautiful day outside, so I figured what the hell. While I wasn't really wearing full blown sox gear (jersey, jacket, shoes, socks, boxers, etc) lol, I had my white white sox hat on, and a black shirt that says "friends dont let friends go to wrigley." Some people noticed, some didn't. The ones who did, I told them the Cubs suck, always have, always will, and went on my way.

See IMO that is annoying. Going to the game is fine, but wearing your gear and talking **** is exactly what annoys me about Cub fans at our stadium.

rdwj
04-10-2008, 11:48 AM
See IMO that is annoying. Going to the game is fine, but wearing your gear and talking **** is exactly what annoys me about Cub fans at our stadium.

Ya, I agree. It's being an ass and trying to bother people around you - nothing more

itsnotrequired
04-10-2008, 12:04 PM

You should have seen the jamokes that came down in the 8th. They were just straight-up swearing at Young. "**** you, you ****ing piece of ****! Your mom is a ****ing whore who sucked my ****ing dick last night!"

Good grief...

Some other youths came down in the 7th, just to check out the front row. cwsfannick asked them as a joke if he could see their tickets. One kid turned and said "Do you mind?" and then turned back to the field.

cwsfannick = treated

cws05champ
04-10-2008, 12:11 PM
I think I'm like most people, I don't mind someone wearing a cap of another team but when it's full blown gear and they are just being annoying to other people...it's just plain stupid. If I go to a Cubs game(very rarely since I live in FL now) or another game I will wear a Sox hat, mainly because 80% of my caps are Sox hats of one kind or another.
I think it has to do with behavior more than anything. If you go to Wrigley with a Sox hat on, watch the game and not start ****, OK. Same goes for Cubs fans at Comisky. Playful banter is fine and fun, but stuff usually escalates as the :gulp: are consumed.

hi im skot
04-10-2008, 12:13 PM

You really showed them.

hi im skot
04-10-2008, 12:15 PM

I think Steve Brule needs to discuss this on his next segment.

For your health.

itsnotrequired
04-10-2008, 12:24 PM
You really showed them.

You know what, skot, I LIKE YOU!. You're not like the other people, here, in the trailer park.

Oh, don't go get me wrong. They're fine people, they're good Sox fans. But they're content to sit back, maybe watch a little Hawk and DJ on WCIU, maybe kick back a cool, Coors 16-ouncer. They're good, fine people, skot. But they don't know...what the Cub fans are doing to the soil?!

You know that Jonny Wurster kid, the kid that delivers papers in the neighborhood? He's a foreign kid. Some of the neighbors say he smokes crack, but I don't believe it. Anyway, for his tenth birthday, all he wanted was an Ozzie bobblehead. Kept bugging his old man. "Dad, get me an Ozzie bobblehead. I'll never ask for anything else as long as I live." So the guy breaks down and buys him an Ozzie bobblehead. Anyway, 10:30, the other night, I go out in my yard, and there's the Wurster kid, looking up in the tree. I say, "What are you looking for?" He says "I'm looking for my Ozzie bobblehead. "I say, "Jumping Jesus on a Pogo Stick. Everybody knows an Ozzie bobblehead sits. On a shelf. In a display case. Why the hell do you think they call it a bobblehead, anyway?" Now skot, do you think a kid like that is going to know what the Cub fans are doing to the soil?

I first became aware of this about ten years ago, the summer my oldest boy, Bill Jr. died. You know that carnival comes into town every year? Well this year they came through with a ride called The Mixer. The man said, "Keep your head, and arms, inside the Mixer at all times." But Bill Jr, he was a DAAAREDEVIL, just like his old man. He was leaning out saying "Hey everybody, Look at me! Look at me!" Pow! He was decapitated! They found his head over by the snow cone concession. A few days after that, I open up the mail. And there's a pamphlet in there. From Pueblo, Colorado, and it's addressed to Bill, Jr. And it's entitled, "Do you know what Cub fans are doing to our soil?"

Now, skot, if you look at the soil around any large US city, there's a big, mainstream Cub fan population. Des Moines, Iowa, for an example. Look at the soil around Des Moines, skot. You can't build on it; you can't grow anything in it. The government says it's due to poor farming. But I know what's really going on, skot! I know it's the Cub fans! They're in it with the aliens! They're building landing strips for Cub Martians, I swear to God!

You know what, skot, I like you. You're not like the other people, here in this trailer park.

pdimas
04-10-2008, 12:29 PM
You should have seen the jamokes that came down in the 8th. They were just straight-up swearing at Young. "**** you, you ****ing piece of ****! Your mom is a ****ing whore who sucked my ****ing dick last night!"

Good grief...

Some other youths came down in the 7th, just to check out the front row. cwsfannick asked them as a joke if he could see their tickets. One kid turned and said "Do you mind?" and then turned back to the field.

cwsfannick = treated

Dayyyyuuuummmm

hi im skot
04-10-2008, 12:38 PM
You know what, skot, I LIKE YOU!. You're not like the other people, here, in the trailer park.

I like you; call me Stuart.

itsnotrequired
04-10-2008, 12:43 PM
I like you; call me Stuart.

Remember when we got in a tan van, us two in the back? With Steve McGarrett from Hawaii-Five-O at the steering wheel? Speeding away, we slid into a parking lot and all in slow motion, these tough guys appeared. We argued and fight and one pulled a knife! He hit me in the back but I'm all right.

I'm all right...I'm all right, I'm all right...

UofCSoxFan
04-10-2008, 12:56 PM
There were like 12,000 fans there yesterday....I don't think we should deny anyone that helps fund our 5th highest in the league payroll on a school night in mid April.

I've gone to a fair amount of Cubs games, although I've only paid for a ticket when its Cubs Sox...otherwise I've gotten freebies from work or from friends. Sometimes its fun just to watch baseball. I won't go in obnoxious full sox jersey, although I will wear a cap from time to time. It kind of botherered me that Johnny Woo Woo was at the World Series in 2005 in full Cubs gear, when many Sox fans were shut out...of course a lot bothers me involving Johnny Woo Woo.

zach23
04-10-2008, 12:56 PM
Remember when we got in a tan van, us two in the back? With Steve McGarrett from Hawaii-Five-O at the steering wheel? Speeding away, we slid into a parking lot and all in slow motion, these tough guys appeared. We argued and fight and one pulled a knife! He hit me in the back but I'm all right.

I'm all right...I'm all right, I'm all right...

R.I.P Dave Blood

Everybody wants to know what gives but I know where the Tarantula lives....I know where.

eriqjaffe
04-10-2008, 01:16 PM
It kind of botherered me that Johnny Woo Woo was at the World Series in 2005 in full Cubs gear, when many Sox fans were shut out...of course a lot bothers me involving Johnny Woo Woo.Wow, you must find Ronnie Woo-Woo all kinds of irritating then.

UofCSoxFan
04-10-2008, 02:05 PM
No....I"m fine with him :D:

skottyj242
04-10-2008, 02:14 PM
I bet some Cub fans show up tonight and cause a rukus.

jenn2080
04-10-2008, 02:18 PM
I bet some Cub fans show up tonight and cause a rukus.

Maybe rooting for Prior.

TDog
04-10-2008, 02:18 PM
The Cell is a better place, certainly less toxic place, to watch a baseball game. I can't criticize anyone for going to a Sox game.

I might criticize the etiquette of some fans, but it isn't limited to Cubs fans.

twsoxfan5
04-10-2008, 02:34 PM
I think Steve Brule needs to discuss this on his next segment.

For your health.

"Don't wear White Sox shirts to Cubs games. Cause it makes people angry, ya doufus."

"I'm Dr. Steve Brule for your fashion."

hi im skot
04-10-2008, 03:20 PM
"Don't wear White Sox shirts to Cubs games. Cause it makes people angry, ya doufus."

"I'm Dr. Steve Brule for your fashion."

Brilliant.

Thread hijack: are you going to the Tim and Eric show at the Empty Bottle?

itsnotrequired
04-10-2008, 03:51 PM
Thread hijack

:rolling:

hi im skot
04-10-2008, 04:26 PM
:rolling:

I just wanted to take the majority of the blame for your malfeasance.

Demafrost
04-10-2008, 04:34 PM

I live near Wrigley and go to games occasionally (maybe 5-10 per year). Almost every single time I've gone, I've seen at least one person wearing Sox gear, whether it be a hat, a jersey, a t-shirt, a jacket. Don't pretend like it doesn't happen on the other side of town. Some people just like baseball (like me), and don't mind having to deal with the inconveniences of Wrigley Field sometimes. The only difference is, Sox fans aren't usually annoying about their presence at Wrigley and not vice versa.

However, I will say I think its stupid to wear anything other than a third party hat at a game. A Cubs cap at a Sox game? Fine. A Cubs jersey at a Sox game? Ridiculous.

kittle42
04-10-2008, 04:37 PM
However, I will say I think its stupid to wear anything other than a third party hat at a game. A Cubs cap at a Sox game? Fine. A Cubs jersey at a Sox game? Ridiculous.

This reminds me of the thread about what is appropriate to wear generally as a grown man. Who cares? Come decked out in Ronnie Woo Woo level Sox garb if that is what you normally wear to a game.

I almost always wear jerseys to games, no matter who is playing. Obviously, I'm going to wear a Sox jersey.

DumpJerry
04-10-2008, 04:41 PM
Since 1984, I've been to The Urinal only two times, both for Sox games. Sat in the CF Bleachers for one game (2004), behind 1st for the other (2006). Decked out in Sox hat, tee and jersey. At the 2004 game, I wore my Sosa Cork Co. shirt since he was still on the team.

The only comment directed towards me in either game was a guy asking me why Frank Thomas was not playing in the game (2004). I told him Frank is a DH. The guy seemed disappointed at not seeing Hurt. I was, too, because we lost that game. Coulda used him (he came in as PH and struck out).

I never caught any grief for wearing Sox stuff there. But then, I won't go there unless the Good Guys are playing.

Irishsox1
04-10-2008, 04:51 PM
I've seen it both ways many times, annoying Cubs fans at the Cell causing problems, good Cubs fans watching the game. At Wrigley, I've seen bad Sox fans looking for a fight and good Sox fans enjoying the game. This seems to be more of an individual problems with jerks, regardless of team affiliation looking for a fight.

Last year I was at a Cubs game and some wasted dude started yelling "Go Colts" thinking that this would tick people off. Nobody acknowledged him but finally someone yelled, "Yea we know Grossman sucks, what else ya got?" And the guy shut up, but then he started with "Sosa sucks" and everyone started agreeing with him. The guy was so confused he just got up and left and didn't come back.

kobo
04-10-2008, 05:44 PM

Oh, don't go get me wrong. They're fine people, they're good Sox fans. But they're content to sit back, maybe watch a little Hawk and DJ on WCIU, maybe kick back a cool, Coors 16-ouncer. They're good, fine people, skot. But they don't know...what the Cub fans are doing to the soil?!

You know that Jonny Wurster kid, the kid that delivers papers in the neighborhood? He's a foreign kid. Some of the neighbors say he smokes crack, but I don't believe it. Anyway, for his tenth birthday, all he wanted was an Ozzie bobblehead. Kept bugging his old man. "Dad, get me an Ozzie bobblehead. I'll never ask for anything else as long as I live." So the guy breaks down and buys him an Ozzie bobblehead. Anyway, 10:30, the other night, I go out in my yard, and there's the Wurster kid, looking up in the tree. I say, "What are you looking for?" He says "I'm looking for my Ozzie bobblehead. "I say, "Jumping Jesus on a Pogo Stick. Everybody knows an Ozzie bobblehead sits. On a shelf. In a display case. Why the hell do you think they call it a bobblehead, anyway?" Now skot, do you think a kid like that is going to know what the Cub fans are doing to the soil?

I first became aware of this about ten years ago, the summer my oldest boy, Bill Jr. died. You know that carnival comes into town every year? Well this year they came through with a ride called The Mixer. The man said, "Keep your head, and arms, inside the Mixer at all times." But Bill Jr, he was a DAAAREDEVIL, just like his old man. He was leaning out saying "Hey everybody, Look at me! Look at me!" Pow! He was decapitated! They found his head over by the snow cone concession. A few days after that, I open up the mail. And there's a pamphlet in there. From Pueblo, Colorado, and it's addressed to Bill, Jr. And it's entitled, "Do you know what Cub fans are doing to our soil?"

Now, skot, if you look at the soil around any large US city, there's a big, mainstream Cub fan population. Des Moines, Iowa, for an example. Look at the soil around Des Moines, skot. You can't build on it; you can't grow anything in it. The government says it's due to poor farming. But I know what's really going on, skot! I know it's the Cub fans! They're in it with the aliens! They're building landing strips for Cub Martians, I swear to God!

You know what, skot, I like you. You're not like the other people, here in this trailer park.
:rolling: Very nicely done!!!

Railsplitter
04-10-2008, 06:20 PM
My one and only trip to Wrihley, I wore a Sox cap. I didn't get much flak for it, then again, I was in front of a group of German tourists.

skobabe8
04-10-2008, 06:35 PM
http://www.thecinemasource.com/moviesdb/images/The_Break_Up%20-%208%20-%20Vince_Vaughn%20Jon_Favreau.jpg

John Favreau wore Sox gear to a cub game in The Break Up.

soxpride724
04-10-2008, 06:43 PM

Agreed. If you wanna sport your team, be it the cubs or whoever, a hat is fine, just don't get all decked out when your team isn't even in the stadium.

BTFU
04-10-2008, 07:19 PM
I have worn full sox gear at Wrigley and miller. Even when the sox are not playing.

Soxfanspcu11
04-10-2008, 07:23 PM
so long as he's not a foul-mouthed or belligerent arse, it doesn't bother me.

Yeah but honestly, what are the chances of that occurring?!?

Seriously, 9 times out of 10, the douchebags that I see at Comiskey are Loud, Annoying and coplete pieces of ****. They have to be some of the most trashy people in the world, without a doubt.

However, as others in this thread have stated, their stupidity is really something to behold. How do they not realize that they are pumping money into our team?!?!?

And on top of everything else. they don't have ANYTHING over us anymore. Specifically since a certain moment in time known as 10/26/2005.

They just look even more pathetic than EVER before!! Which, honestly, I didn't think was possible. I don't know if they can sink any lower. This could very easily be ROCK BOTTOM for them.

soxpride724
04-10-2008, 07:34 PM
I have worn full sox gear at Wrigley and miller. Even when the sox are not playing.
:D:

manders_01
04-10-2008, 08:00 PM
http://www.divxplanet.com/_covers/breakup-3.jpg

John Favreau wore Sox gear to a cub game in The Break Up.

LOL After I started reading the thread, that was the first thing that came to mind. :D:

pierzynski07
04-10-2008, 08:32 PM
However, as others in this thread have stated, their stupidity is really something to behold. How do they not realize that they are pumping money into our team?!?!?

Why would anyone care about the money from a ticket going to an "enemy team"?

itsnotrequired
04-10-2008, 09:57 PM

I wore Sox gear to a job interview once.

BTFU
04-10-2008, 10:08 PM
I wore Sox gear to a job interview once.

Hopefully it was the cubs front office. But do tell!

Soxfanspcu11
04-10-2008, 11:04 PM
Why would anyone care about the money from a ticket going to an "enemy team"?

:?:

BringBackBlkJack
04-11-2008, 08:51 AM
I went to a Braves-Cubs game here in ATL and wore my Sox hat. While I didn't hear anything from Cubs fans they sure did hear from me. The Braves won 6-0. :D:

PatK
04-11-2008, 10:07 AM
+ 10 for the Dead Milkmen references

pierzynski07
04-11-2008, 10:23 AM
:?:
My point is, they buy a ticket, and go to the game. You call it stupidity, because money is going to the team. It's anything but. If their goal was to annoy everyone that night, money well spent. The actual money made by the Sox from these "fans" is really insignificant when you look at it, especially at the cost of annoyed fans, who might come back less often due to these idiots.

Besides, this seems like the only city where a fans thinks it's stupid to visit a crosstown "rival" because it pumps money into this "rival". So childish.

hi im skot
04-11-2008, 10:37 AM
I only eat at restaurants that serve RC Cola. I refuse to pump money into the pockets of Pepsi, Coca-Cola, and Sam's Choice cola.

But I'm old fashioned...

kittle42
04-11-2008, 10:49 AM
Besides, this seems like the only city where a fans thinks it's stupid to visit a crosstown "rival" because it pumps money into this "rival". So childish.

This city is ridiculously territorial. Just ask Bill Simonson!

twsoxfan5
04-11-2008, 10:53 AM
Brilliant.

Thread hijack: are you going to the Tim and Eric show at the Empty Bottle?

**** I did not even know they were coming. When is it? I am sure it is sold out.

Stringer
04-12-2008, 03:58 AM
It really irks me when I see it

I would never wear Sox gear to Wrigley, but that only because I would never go to a game at Wrigley

LOL

bryPt
04-12-2008, 07:20 AM
I saw 3 last night, and one was an attention whore, walking around and pointing at his jersey. I do not think he made it the entire night, someone HAD to have kicked his butt. It was like he wanted it to happen.

itsnotrequired
04-12-2008, 09:01 AM
I saw 3 last night, and one was an attention whore, walking around and pointing at his jersey. I do not think he made it the entire night, someone HAD to have kicked his butt. It was like he wanted it to happen.

Hey, that was me!

WizardsofOzzie
04-13-2008, 03:42 PM
I was offered a free ticket to a Cubs game once and sported a White Sox t-shirt just to be sure nobody mistook me for a Cubs fan :smile: I didn't talk any **** and wasn't hassled much by the Cub fans. Didn't root against the Cubs and didn't root for their opponent. Just sat there, drank a few beers and enjoyed an afternoon of baseball.

Jurr
04-13-2008, 03:57 PM
I was offered a free ticket to a Cubs game once and sported a White Sox t-shirt just to be sure nobody mistook me for a Cubs fan :smile: I didn't talk any **** and wasn't hassled much by the Cub fans. Didn't root against the Cubs and didn't root for their opponent. Just sat there, drank a few beers and enjoyed an afternoon of baseball.
...and that's the way it should be. Good for you!

Chicken Dinner
04-13-2008, 04:58 PM
...and that's the way it should be. Good for you!

I agree 100%.

Navarro's Talent
04-13-2008, 05:02 PM

That pretty much describes me everytime I go to Wrigley. Many of good friends are Cubs fans, so I find myself with a fee ticket at least twice a year it seems.

Chicken Dinner
04-13-2008, 05:07 PM
That pretty much describes me everytime I go to Wrigley. Many of good friends are Cubs fans, so I find myself with a fee ticket at least twice a year it seems.

And just sit back after the game with another brew :gulp:and enjoy the "L" flag. :D:

Navarro's Talent
04-13-2008, 05:12 PM
Well, of all the times I've been to Wrigley (more than enough since the late 80s), I think the Cubs have like three wins. So, I've seen that "L" quite a few times. :D:

A few of those losses came from the Sox - the only time you will see me cheering at Wrigley.

DrCrawdad
04-13-2008, 11:55 PM
Here's my idea to completely confuse the loud-mouthed oafs at Wrigley...

Wear a 1974 Sox Santo jersey.

DrCrawdad
04-14-2008, 01:41 AM
Actually, I'm more disgusted with the hordes of idiots wearing Red Sox gear to the Cell, when we're not playing the Carmines.

I want to yell at them, "Hey, you got the wrong color Sox on!"

At least with the Cub fans, they just don't know any better...

In many cases that person wearing Red Sox gear at The Cell (at a non-Red Sox game) is a Cubbie fan in disguise, and not a true "Bawstan" Red Sox fan.

hsnterprize
04-14-2008, 04:28 AM
I few years ago, I was working for a local radio station here covering Cubs and White Sox games. One day, I was covering a Cub game, and I actually wore a Sox cap in the Cubs' locker room. And one of the people I got to shake hands with at the time was Sammy Sosa.

Chip Caray was the Cubs' announcer at the time, and when I told the other reporters in the room I was a Sox fan, he came back with "Oh, we'll convert you sooner or later." It was a funny moment, but needless to say...hell will definitely freeze over before I become a Cubs fan.

And the temperature ain't exactly dropping down there, either.