PDA

View Full Version : *Official* Had to End Sometime Postgame Thread

thomas35forever
04-09-2008, 10:14 PM
Screw tonight. Win tomorrow.

Blueprint1
04-09-2008, 10:15 PM
Well, that was about as bad as it gets. Let's make sure we win tomorrow.

Domeshot17
04-09-2008, 10:16 PM
poor starting pitching (Check)

Bullpen unable to contain the damage (check)

Untimely Hitting (Check)

Lets hope this team has short term memories, and can put this one behind um. Jose needs to come out and set the tone tomorrow with a fast first. One loss is okay.

Navarro's Talent
04-09-2008, 10:17 PM
Bad game.

At least, the bench got some at-bats in.

JB98
Meh. Bad pitching tonight.

It happens.

rowand33
Let's just hope the corpse of Contreras keeps us in the game tomorrow.

Thornton looked really good tonight.

chisoxmike
04-09-2008, 10:18 PM
That blew.

Win tomorrow.

MUsoxfan
I'm okay with tonight's loss. There will probably be about 10 more games this year just like this one.

chisoxmike
Dump was on TV.

BadBobbyJenks
04-09-2008, 10:19 PM
I have a short memory, but the big questions of this team will have their chance to answer tomorrow (Jose) and friday(Gavin).

WhiteSox5187
04-09-2008, 10:21 PM
Well...we looked like horse **** out there tonight. Let's put a stop to it and win tommorrow.

Viva Medias B's
04-09-2008, 10:22 PM
We looked somewhat like 2007 tonight, but let's get them tomorrow night!

cheezheadsoxfan
04-09-2008, 10:23 PM
Not pretty, but Thornton (and even Mac) looked good. Probably get rained out tomorrow, then we can go back to beating the Tigers.

mealfred13
04-09-2008, 10:23 PM
At least they didn't come back and lose 12-8 so we can cry about the bullpen letting the game get out of hand. We all knew they weren't going 160-2, so we'll have to get used to a loss here and there. I have a good feeling about Contreras tomorrow!

cheezheadsoxfan
04-09-2008, 10:25 PM
Some idiot on the post-game just called this "devastating". One game, in April?? Over-reaction goes beyond WSI.:redneck

Hendu
04-09-2008, 10:26 PM
That was ugly. Oh well, it's bound to happen. Hopefully the Twinkies got all the offense out of their system for this series.

angiew
04-09-2008, 10:27 PM
Screw tonight. Win tomorrow.

Here Here!!

Chilli Palmer
04-09-2008, 10:31 PM
Dump was on TV.

Yes he was.

SoxSpeed22
Horrible 2007 flashbacks. But a stinker like this had to happen sometime. That should also be all of Jason Kubel's RBIs for the month of April.
Also, **** the Twins.

oeo
I said it after last Wednesday's loss, and I'll say it again: tonight is alright, it's how they come back tomorrow that will show us what this team is made of. A loss like this last year would send the team into a tailspin (if they weren't already in one)...I'm again interested to see how they bounce back.

FedEx227
04-09-2008, 10:34 PM
I said it after last Wednesday's loss, and I'll say it again: tonight is alright, it's how they come back tomorrow that will show us what this team is made of. A loss like this last year would send the team into a tailspin (if they weren't already in one)...I'm again interested to see how they bounce back.

Agreed. You can lose 20-2 for all I care, if you can come back that next day and look like a different team, it's all good.

rowand33
04-09-2008, 10:35 PM
I really just HATE losing to the Twins. I hate, hate, hate the Twins.

Our Cuban better beat their Cuban tomorrow.

SoxSpeed22
04-09-2008, 10:37 PM
On a side-note, what's the record for highest combined age by the starting pitchers for a single game?

thomas35forever
04-09-2008, 10:37 PM
I really just HATE losing to the Twins. I hate, hate, hate the Twins.

Our Cuban better beat their Cuban tomorrow.
Timberwolf really just LOVES us losing to the Twins. He loves, loves, loves the Twins.

He believes our Cuban better lose to their Cuban tomorrow.

Soxfest
04-09-2008, 10:38 PM
Lets get another 4 in a row!

sox1970
04-09-2008, 10:39 PM
Lets get another 4 in a row!

:scratch:

Vernam
04-09-2008, 10:39 PM
My wife took a friend tonight after I got to see the opener. I was watching the game delayed on Tivo and got a call from her after they were already down 7 to whatever. "Great," I thought, "She's excited because they came all the way back." Um, no. I need to buy her some flowers or something.

Helluva a catch by Swisher in left center.

Vernam

Foulke You
04-09-2008, 10:43 PM
Well, Danks was bad tonight and that pretty much set the tone for the rest of the game. Masset also wasn't nearly as sharp as we was in Cleveland. 3 solo HRs was very 2007-ish but as others have pointed out, how they bounce back tomorrow is the important thing. Here's hoping Contreras ditches the sidearm routine he flashed in Detroit and comes out firing tomorrow. If we win 2 out of 3 against the Twinkees, I'll be a happy Sox fan.

itsnotrequired
04-09-2008, 10:45 PM
Stayed until the bitter end.

I'm cold.

Foulke You
04-09-2008, 10:46 PM

I'm cold.
I always felt that Sox fans that stick out the bitter cold in the "dog days" of April should get a coupon for a free Churro or something.:D:

JB98
04-09-2008, 10:47 PM
Gotta get Thome going soon.

Has anyone else noticed that he's killing lefties and struggling against righties so far this year?

Weird.

manders_01
04-09-2008, 10:47 PM
I was just thinking today, "Cool, we've won 5 in a row. Odds say were gonna lose sometime so when we lose, I can't get all freaked out about it." So I'm not getting all freaked out about it. :D:

whitesoxfan
04-09-2008, 10:48 PM
Well, Danks was bad tonight and that pretty much set the tone for the rest of the game. Masset also wasn't nearly as sharp as we was in Cleveland. 3 solo HRs was very 2007-ish but as others have pointed out, how they bounce back tomorrow is the important thing. Here's hoping Contreras ditches the sidearm routine he flashed in Detroit and comes out firing tomorrow. If we win 2 out of 3 against the Twinkees, I'll be a happy Sox fan.

I don't think we'll have a chance to win 2 out of 3 against them. The weather is supposed to be pretty bad in Chicago tomorrow.

Like others said, hopefully Contreras is skipped if the game is washed tomorrow.

IlliniSox4Life
04-09-2008, 11:30 PM
It's one game. The best teams in the history of the sport have lost games. Yeah, I would have preferred a win, but I'm not losing sleep over it tonight.

hi im skot
04-09-2008, 11:38 PM

I'm cold.

Same here. I can't feel my feet.

scarsofthumper
04-09-2008, 11:55 PM
It could have been 12-0...

Foulke You
04-10-2008, 12:19 AM
I don't think we'll have a chance to win 2 out of 3 against them. The weather is supposed to be pretty bad in Chicago tomorrow.

Like others said, hopefully Contreras is skipped if the game is washed tomorrow.
Very true. We may just have to settle for a split. If the weathermen are correct, 1 or 2 of the games this weekend against Detroit are also in jeopardy. Sunday's forecast calls for snow and ol' Foulke You has tickets to that one.:(: This winter just won't die...

scarsofthumper
04-10-2008, 12:20 AM
I hope Friday's game will be okay.

Cat Thief
04-10-2008, 12:29 AM
Dump was on TV.

I never met him but I thought that was him just from seeing pictures from here.

Railsplitter
04-10-2008, 06:12 AM
Let's start another five game roll.

Frontman
04-10-2008, 06:53 AM
It could have been 12-0...

Three pages in and there is no complaints about the three runs coming off of Home Runs for the Sox? Wow.

Meh, the Sox are going to lose at times. Danks looked bad, and the 'pen didn't do much better.

When the Sox lose by scores like this, I look to see how many runs did they actually score. In most games, scoring 5 runs you're either in the game or you're winning it. With this loss, I would say that the Sox pitching let them down and the loss is on their shoulders. It's hard to score 12 runs at any time, but to score 12 just to pull even?

No team can do that consistently. The Twins did better than the Sox, pure and simple. Now the Sox need to go back and get behind Jose (who hopefully will not be throwing the side-arm fastball all evening tonight.

RedHeadPaleHoser
04-10-2008, 07:00 AM
I was peeved because we relied on the long ball, and the Twins didn't.

After turning the game off and watching the highlights, the Twins took opportunities against Danks we didn't get against them.

Hopefully the rain can hold off and we get tonight's in and take 2 of 3.

harwar
04-10-2008, 07:02 AM
I think they need a better screener to help the ranger out.
I have a hard time even listening to the post-game show anymore because of some of these calls that he has to take.
It is so rare to hear someone who is intelligent and articulate call in.

turners56
04-10-2008, 07:09 AM
I don't know if you guys noticed or not, the Sox are 0-2 on WCIU this year. Both terrible blowout losses.

The Twins were really in "Twins" mode yesterday. They hit the ball hard twice off Danks in the 2.1 innings he pitched, now that's smart and cheap hitting. That's the Twins for ya, as long as Ron is there, it's not gonna change.

Frontman
04-10-2008, 07:17 AM
I was peeved because we relied on the long ball, and the Twins didn't.

Scoring 8 of the 12 runs off of Grand Slams isn't long ball?

Yes, the Twins "piranha-ed" their way on base, but a timely ground ball double play would of gotten the Sox out of those situations with minimal damage. The Twins launched two home runs; gaining 8 runs off of them. Seems to me that they got the win based on the long ball as well.

Frontman
04-10-2008, 07:21 AM
I think they need a better screener to help the ranger out.
I have a hard time even listening to the post-game show anymore because of some of these calls that he has to take.
It is so rare to hear someone who is intelligent and articulate call in.

Not just his show, but man; we've have some really stupid commentary by Sox fans this week.

On Saturday's White Sox Weekly; quote "The cheapest ticket dat dey sell for da Home Opener dis 50 bucks." I found that amazing, as I paid 40 for mine. Must of been lucky I guess......

"You guys need to get Jerry Reisndorf on da air and have him answer to da fans why dey haven't signed Joe Crede yet. Dey charge 7 bucks a beer and still refuse to sign Crede to a long-term deal....." (Again, I must of been in the discount section, as beer was 6.50.)

"Dis team is horrid" (the same guy who called in Monday, claiming the Sox were headed to the post-season. But last night calling to say Ozzie/Kenny/Paulie/Jerry/Thome/etc should be fired/released/selling the team......)

Is it just me, or have the vocal Sox fans (or the one's with time on their hands to call radio shows) just getting dumber?

MsSoxVixen22
04-10-2008, 08:04 AM
I was bummed I didn't get to see the game last nite but it sounds like the only thing I missed was Danks getting lit up like a Christmas tree. Hopefully he won't let it get to him and he'll come out strong his next time out. I'd rather have these bad outings now than later. If this crappy weather can hold off, let's come back w/a win tonite boys! JC needs to have a good outing and forget that side arm ****!

Droso5
04-10-2008, 08:31 AM
Not just his show, but man; we've have some really stupid commentary by Sox fans this week.

On Saturday's White Sox Weekly; quote "The cheapest ticket dat dey sell for da Home Opener dis 50 bucks." I found that amazing, as I paid 40 for mine. Must of been lucky I guess......

"You guys need to get Jerry Reisndorf on da air and have him answer to da fans why dey haven't signed Joe Crede yet. Dey charge 7 bucks a beer and still refuse to sign Crede to a long-term deal....." (Again, I must of been in the discount section, as beer was 6.50.)

"Dis team is horrid" (the same guy who called in Monday, claiming the Sox were headed to the post-season. But last night calling to say Ozzie/Kenny/Paulie/Jerry/Thome/etc should be fired/released/selling the team......)

Is it just me, or have the vocal Sox fans (or the one's with time on their hands to call radio shows) just getting dumber?

I know, The Ranger takes an awful beating by the most ignorant of, not just Sox fans, but baseball fans in-general. It can be just painful to listen to as well. So many ledge jumpers pining for players of years past followed by insane ramblings that the Ranger tries to sort through and make sense of while he is anchored to live radio.

They do need better screeners so that post game show can at least have some semblence of a coherent conversation. The callers seem to be manic depressives who have a wile love/ hate overreation affair with their favorite team. Say, wasn't there a thread out there that was dedicated to giving Rongey his due? Hmmmmmmmm......

Chicken Dinner
04-10-2008, 09:18 AM
So Toby Hall is the only position player without a hit this season? :yup:

Frontman
04-10-2008, 09:24 AM
So Toby Hall is the only position player without a hit this season? :yup:

If AJ has anything to say about it, he's not going to get that many chances.

spiffie
04-10-2008, 09:35 AM
Last night I got in the car with the intention of driving down to see the game. Then a little voice said "Don't do it! This will be a bad night!" I am glad I saved my money for a warmer, and hopefully better, night.

Sucks to lose, get em tomorrow. But damn it all I hate the Twins. I'm getting to where I would root for the Cubs or Red Sox against the Twins if they ever met in the playoffs.

TomBradley72
04-10-2008, 10:05 AM
AJ breaking up the double play even though we were getting blown out was a very good sign. Hard nosed baseball during a blow out on a cold April night...a very good sign.

hi im skot
04-10-2008, 10:14 AM
AJ breaking up the double play even though we were getting blown out was a very good sign. Hard nosed baseball during a blow out on a cold April night...a very good sign.

Totally. The crowd was going crazy for that move.

I loved it.

Thome_Fan
04-10-2008, 11:16 AM
I know, The Ranger takes an awful beating by the most ignorant of, not just Sox fans, but baseball fans in-general. It can be just painful to listen to as well. So many ledge jumpers pining for players of years past followed by insane ramblings that the Ranger tries to sort through and make sense of while he is anchored to live radio.

They do need better screeners so that post game show can at least have some semblence of a coherent conversation. The callers seem to be manic depressives who have a wile love/ hate overreation affair with their favorite team. Say, wasn't there a thread out there that was dedicated to giving Rongey his due? Hmmmmmmmm......

Did anyone hear the deranged caller saying that his grandma had more control of her bladder than Danks did of his pitches? It was ridiculous, but I have to admit, I laughed pretty hard at that comparison. Definitely wasn't expecting it.

mccoydp
04-10-2008, 11:21 AM
This game blew chunks.

Here's hoping that Grandpa sets a good tempo today on the mound, and the Sox win the series.

DumpJerry
04-10-2008, 01:09 PM
Dump was on TV.

Yes he was.

I never met him but I thought that was him just from seeing pictures from here.
My cell phone went nuts in the 8th as people were calling and texting me. I only wished it was a Comcast game so I could have Tivoed the rebroadcast.

Oh well, maybe next time.....

Regarding the game, you know it's a bad game when the highlight was picking off the runner in the top of the 1st inning.:rolleyes:

Bob G
04-10-2008, 02:04 PM
This now makes 4 bad games from our starting pitchers - of which we lost 3. The starters need to improve or KW will need to find some help.

jcw218
04-10-2008, 02:32 PM
Scoring 8 of the 12 runs off of Grand Slams isn't long ball?

Yes, the Twins "piranha-ed" their way on base, but a timely ground ball double play would of gotten the Sox out of those situations with minimal damage. The Twins launched two home runs; gaining 8 runs off of them. Seems to me that they got the win based on the long ball as well.

Actually the twins only had one homerun accounting for 4 runs. the other five run inning was single that scored one, walk w/ bases loaded, single with bases loaded, double that scored two.

jcw218
04-10-2008, 02:38 PM
This now makes 4 bad games from our starting pitchers - of which we lost 3. The starters need to improve or KW will need to find some help.

Every pitcher will have bad games now and then. The season's only eight games old. If this continues to be the norm where our starters are having bad outings, then yes, help is needed.

hi im skot
04-10-2008, 03:22 PM

This season is over.

Blow it up, Kenny.

:redneck

cheezheadsoxfan
04-10-2008, 03:25 PM
Did anyone hear the deranged caller saying that his grandma had more control of her bladder than Danks did of his pitches? It was ridiculous, but I have to admit, I laughed pretty hard at that comparison. Definitely wasn't expecting it.
That was the same fool who called the loss "devastating". Rongey got rid of him real quick.

ChiSoxGirl
04-10-2008, 09:27 PM
That was the same fool who called the loss "devastating". Rongey got rid of him real quick.

I was laying in bed when I heard this guy and laughed out loud at him, and not because he was funny. I just thought it was hysterical how Rongey cut him off mid-sentence! :bandance: