PDA

View Full Version : Sisco done for the year

Sockinchisox
04-09-2008, 09:28 PM
http://blogs.chicagosports.chicagotribune.com/sports_hardball/2008/04/sisco-out-for-y.html

Reconstructive left elbow surgery.

CWSpalehoseCWS
04-09-2008, 09:43 PM
Well, he can't get much worse than he already is. Hopefully he comes back strong.

jcw218
04-09-2008, 09:44 PM
Sisco had tommy john surgery monday. Story (http://chicago.whitesox.mlb.com/news/article.jsp?ymd=20080409&content_id=2508751&vkey=news_cws&fext=.jsp&c_id=cws) from White Sox

Lorenzo Barcelo
04-09-2008, 09:57 PM
As per rotoworld.com
http://rotoworld.com/content/clubhouse_news.aspx?sport=MLB&majteam=CWS

I see it was posted in Minor Obersvations...my apologies

getonbckthr
04-09-2008, 10:23 PM
Bit off topic. Do you know there are parents willing to pay big money to have their kids as freshman and sophmores get the TommyJohn surgery cause apparently you will come back better and stronger just so they can get college scholarships!

JUribe1989
04-10-2008, 12:41 AM
With Ross Gload currently hitting .345, this trade looks worse and worse by the day.

goon
04-10-2008, 12:54 AM
With Ross Gload currently hitting .345, this trade looks worse and worse by the day.

Ross Gload has no place on this team anyway.

MUsoxfan
04-10-2008, 01:01 AM

Where would he play? He wouldn't have played 1st or DH. He's not a very good OF. The best thing for Ross as a player was the trade. It's only fair to give a guy an opportunity to bloom.

Sisco has a tremendous upside and maybe the surgery will help his control. If not, then it's not a big deal.

ksimpson14
04-10-2008, 01:53 AM
Where would he play? He wouldn't have played 1st or DH. He's not a very good OF. The best thing for Ross as a player was the trade. It's only fair to give a guy an opportunity to bloom.

Sisco has a tremendous upside and maybe the surgery will help his control. If not, then it's not a big deal.

Trade him for something better. Easier to play second guessing GM, but I work a lot cheaper too

MUsoxfan
04-10-2008, 02:55 AM
Trade him for something better. Easier to play second guessing GM, but I work a lot cheaper too

Who? Who were we gonna get better? A front line reliever? A decent starter?? A decent ML ready position player? Seriously, I don't know why people tend to overvalue Sox players most of the time.

The guy was a role-player in his time with the Sox. His value is what it was. Just be happy for him that he's developing into something he NEVER would have with the Sox.

santo=dorf
04-10-2008, 06:47 AM
I never understood all the Gload love. He's Darin Erstad in his 2000 years. High BA, hacking at the plate, groundball hitter, and little power for a first baseman or corner OF. His defense in the OF was comparable to Fields', and he sucked in 2005!!!!1!

TomBradley72
04-10-2008, 10:58 AM
I never understood all the Gload love. He's Darin Erstad in his 2000 years. High BA, hacking at the plate, groundball hitter, and little power for a first baseman or corner OF. His defense in the OF was comparable to Fields', and he sucked in 2005!!!!1!

Hey Gload got the game winning hit in the first game of the season ending season series against Cleveland in '05. I think he's a decent guy to have on your bench...decent defense at 1B, good LH bat off the bench.

As far as Sisco...I think he completely sucks. His 2006 season has to be one of the worst of all time: 1-3, 7.10 ERA over 65 appearances, 1 SV in 5 SVO, 1.86 WHIP. His results with the WSox last year weren't much better.

doublem23
04-10-2008, 11:18 AM

He was a grinder. People love grinders.

Tragg
04-10-2008, 12:47 PM
He's okay for a backup. Same with Erstad. The problem was the Sox used Erstad as a starter.

I get the Astros games down here, and Cecil Cooper appears to have Ozzie's fever: he plays Erstad waaay too much, uses him as a pinch hitter, etc.

goon
04-10-2008, 01:27 PM
He's okay for a backup. Same with Erstad. The problem was the Sox used Erstad as a starter.

I get the Astros games down here, and Cecil Cooper appears to have Ozzie's fever: he plays Erstad waaay too much, uses him as a pinch hitter, etc.

Agreed. Gload is a decent player, he'll hit for a good average, plays great D at first... but seriously, where the hell does he fit in to this White Sox team? He's behind Dye, Swisher, Quentin, Anderson and maybe even Owens as an OF and behind Konerko and Swisher at 1B. I think Sisco was the appropriate acquisition for a guy like Gload. I'm glad he's doing well.

Didn't Erstad get the go ahead run in a game vs. the Cubs last week?

Tekijawa
04-10-2008, 02:11 PM
Does this mean they'll have to send McDougal down to take Andy's spot throwing batting practice to minior leaguers?

I hope so!

Boondock Saint
04-10-2008, 02:16 PM
Does this mean they'll have to send McDougal down to take Andy's spot throwing batting practice to minior leaguers?

I hope so!

Hell no! He's headed straight to the all star game this year!

...you know, because they need someone to throw for the home run derby.

Tragg
04-10-2008, 10:52 PM
Didn't Erstad get the go ahead run in a game vs. the Cubs last week?
I remember he got a big double in one game. So I checked his stats and that was his only extra base hit, as he checks in with a .636 ops and .273 obp (translates to .400 when you add guts and grind). He's struck out 5 times in 11 at bats. He isn't playing as much as I thought- he's playing every game, but just one at bat most times.