PDA

View Full Version : John Danks: The next Mark Beuhrle?

mzh
04-09-2008, 07:56 PM
With his new cutter, could John Danks be the next Beuhrle?

EMachine10
04-09-2008, 07:57 PM
Cutter, plus pick off move...maybe. I've always thought he could play out like Buehrle one day. We'll see

oeo
04-09-2008, 07:58 PM
Danks has much better stuff than Buehrle, so he has a chance to be better. It's just a matter of putting it together, and he's only 23 so there's time.

HomeFish
04-09-2008, 07:58 PM
Beuhrle throws strikes.

BadBobbyJenks
04-09-2008, 08:07 PM
Opening Day Buehrle:redneck

Metalthrasher442
04-09-2008, 08:12 PM

hahahahaha so true.

Jurr
04-09-2008, 08:12 PM
Ewwww...glad today was a killer...I get to go to bed early. Thanks, Danks!

Parrothead
04-09-2008, 08:19 PM

Zing ! but true. I will stand by my orginal assessment of Mr. Danks.....

Danks stanks.

gogosox16
04-09-2008, 08:25 PM

Danks stanks.
give him time.

oeo
04-09-2008, 08:31 PM

Danks stanks.

That's an assessment? :?:

Billy Ashley
04-09-2008, 08:43 PM
John Danks reminds me a lot of two other talented young starters in the American League: Jon Lester of the Red Sox and Adam Loewen of Baltimore. All three had performed excellent at points in the minors at fairly young ages. All three have pitches with very good movement and all three have a tendency to walk way too many batters.

Danks has the additional problem of being a bit homer prone, but the talent, like the other two pitchers is there. It’s just a matter of whether or not any of these three can hone in on their command. Eric Bedard had similar issues at around that age. While it would be foolish to expect any of these three to pitch as well as Bedard, it should be reassuring to see that some pitchers work through it.

None of these guys will have careers worth talking about should they not limit their walks. All three of them are young pitchers any team would love a chance to roll the dice with.

oeo
04-09-2008, 08:45 PM
Danks has the additional problem of being a bit homer prone, but the talent, like the other two pitchers is there. It’s just a matter of whether or not any of these three can hone in on their command. Eric Bedard had similar issues at around that age. While it would be foolish to expect any of these three to pitch as well as Bedard, it should be reassuring to see that some pitchers work through it.

I can't see the game tonight, but tonight's game didn't sound like a typical bad Danks start. Of course, the walks are very bad, but mostly just looks like typical Twins bull**** hitting. Slap hit here, bloop hit there...suddenly they're up 7-0.

BadBobbyJenks
04-09-2008, 09:07 PM
I actually like Danks and think hes going to be very good, but the setup was there.

Frontman
04-09-2008, 09:08 PM
Plus that cold has got to be killer on pitchers who rely on grip to get their pitches over. I'm cold just watching it on tv.......

Madscout
04-09-2008, 09:09 PM
I can't see the game tonight, but tonight's game didn't sound like a typical bad Danks start. Of course, the walks are very bad, but mostly just looks like typical Twins bull**** hitting. Slap hit here, bloop hit there...suddenly they're up 7-0.
Danks didn't help himself out. He was throwing balls that were consistantly called balls, bull**** or not. The twins get bs hits, but they hurt worse when you've walked 5 batters or so.

doublem23
04-09-2008, 09:44 PM
Danks didn't help himself out. He was throwing balls that were consistantly called balls, bull**** or not. The twins get bs hits, but they hurt worse when you've walked 5 batters or so.

:dunno:

The guy's only 22. Some days you suck.

FedEx227
04-09-2008, 10:17 PM
He needs to learn how to trust his stuff a bit more, he seemed scared with a couple of there guys and didn't trust his hard-throwing stuff (cutter/fastball).

BadBobbyJenks
04-09-2008, 10:22 PM

Agreed, I think we all forget this fact when watching him.

Foulke You
04-09-2008, 10:45 PM

Heck, even Buehrle sucked on Opening Day. It happens to even the best pitchers in this game. If he strings 4 more of these type of starts in a row, then there might be a reason to worry.

Huisj
04-09-2008, 10:50 PM

Well, if he's the next Buehrle, he better go 16-8 this season. That's what MB did when he was 22.

But, it took time. Buehrle started out slow that year--he was 1-3 with a 7.04 ERA after 4 starts. At the end of May though, he caught fire and was ridiculous for the rest of the season.

Parrothead
04-09-2008, 10:57 PM
Heck, even Buehrle sucked on Opening Day. It happens to even the best pitchers in this game. If he strings 4 more of these type of starts in a row, then there might be a reason to worry.

He (Danks) was horrible last year (6 - 13 with a 5.5 ERA).....and unfortunately it will continue.

There is no way to make last year sound good, except he was injury free.

JB98
04-09-2008, 11:04 PM
He (Danks) was horrible last year (6 - 13 with a 5.5 ERA).....and unfortunately it will continue.

Again, he's 22. It's not like he's a finished product.

oeo
04-09-2008, 11:05 PM

You said you "assessed" Danks...what do you do in these "assessments," besides come up with some lame phrase?

"Unfortunately it will continue." :roflmao: - That's HomeFish-esque. Please let us all know your amazing talent assessments. You've made two posts saying he sucks and that won't change, and the only thing you mention is his rookie statistics when he should have been pitching in AAA.

So why won't he improve?

Madscout
04-09-2008, 11:24 PM

I fully agree. However, if he is the next Buehrle, he needs to realize that he is not going to K a lot of guys, and just let himself get hit, and let his defense do its job. I am sure Coop will pull him aside and straighten things out for him, but you have to be an idiot to believe that this kid is gonna go 6-14 or so with the way this lineup will hit behind him. I'm not sayin 19-6, i'm just sayin...

doublem23
04-09-2008, 11:25 PM

Absolutely. Everyone knows that MLB players peak when they're 22... It's gonna be a long, slow ride downhill from here.

Johan's Santana's 1st season produced a 2-3 record in 86 innings with a 6.49 ERA. What's your assessment of his career?

Nellie_Fox
04-09-2008, 11:28 PM
Absolutely. Everyone knows that MLB players peak when they're 22... It's gonna be a long, slow ride downhill from here.

Johan's Santana's 1st season produced a 2-3 record in 86 innings with a 6.49 ERA. What's your assessment of his career?Parrothead wants to become the new HomeFish.

IlliniSox4Life
04-10-2008, 12:09 AM
Greates bullpen ever?

Hopefully Danks works out, I'm rooting for the guy.

Parrothead
04-10-2008, 12:43 AM
Parrothead wants to become the new HomeFish.

Don't know who Homefish is and not going to look him up to find out.

Here are my problems with the Danks...

No consistency, seems to give up runs after the offense gives a lead, lack of mental toughness (can't pitch out of jams), gives up too many hits (OBA too high), walks & HRs, died in the second half last year, don't see improvement on a regular basis, 4.21 Career ERA in the minors. Maybe the umps are to blame for his bad stats.

Is that enough for everyone ? Or is Danks the second coming of former White Sox can't miss pitchers such as Scott Ruffcorn, Arron Myette, Johnny Ruffin (yes there are more but I will not go on)? At best he is Jason Bere or Jim Parque (and I would settle for that if he was a #5 starter).

I have a thought to all Danks lovers....tell me why he is the next J. Santana, M. Buerhle, or Cy Young, ect....come on convience me, like Rocky in Rocky 4, maybe I can change. But I will never understand the blind, koolaid drinking, homerism that many people have on here for players. I don't think the Sox ever had a bad guy except for Navarro and Uribe (now) reading many of the posts. It is almost as Harry Teinowitz of ESPN 1000 is posting as many people.

Konerko05
04-10-2008, 03:38 AM
Don't know who Homefish is and not going to look him up to find out.

Here are my problems with the Danks...

No consistency, seems to give up runs after the offense gives a lead, lack of mental toughness (can't pitch out of jams), gives up too many hits (OBA too high), walks & HRs, died in the second half last year, don't see improvement on a regular basis, 4.21 Career ERA in the minors. Maybe the umps are to blame for his bad stats.

Is that enough for everyone ? Or is Danks the second coming of former White Sox can't miss pitchers such as Scott Ruffcorn, Arron Myette, Johnny Ruffin (yes there are more but I will not go on)? At best he is Jason Bere or Jim Parque (and I would settle for that if he was a #5 starter).

I have a thought to all Danks lovers....tell me why he is the next J. Santana, M. Buerhle, or Cy Young, ect....come on convience me, like Rocky in Rocky 4, maybe I can change. But I will never understand the blind, koolaid drinking, homerism that many people have on here for players. I don't think the Sox ever had a bad guy except for Navarro and Uribe (now) reading many of the posts. It is almost as Harry Teinowitz of ESPN 1000 is posting as many people.

Dude... you're spouting off stats based on 139 innings pitched by a 22 year old on a crap team with no bullpen. Many players are still in single A at the age of 22.

Like someone previously mentioned... check out Johan Santana's stats as a rookie. In case you didn't know, many players struggle a little when they get called up the majors. Most of them are also older than 22.

I watched Danks pitch last season and I was not discouraged whatsoever. Unlike the other busts you mentioned, Danks actually showed promise that he can get major league hitters out consistently.

When I look at his stats I am also encouraged that he struck out 7.8 batters per 9 innings. His strikeout to walk ratio was also 2-1. Yes he has to get his hits down and work on keeping the ball inside the park, but that should improve with experience.

The guy has good stuff. He just needs to work on his approach and location. With the help of Cooper and Buehrle, I expect him to improve this season and beyond.

And no I'm not a blind, koolaid drinking homer. I have no problem admitting when the Sox have someone on the roster who lacks talent to be a major league player. Yeah I'm talking about Jerry Owens right now.

Billy Ashley
04-10-2008, 07:19 AM
This site does have a great deal of blind homerism and illogical thinking...

That said, Danks was one of the better prospects in a system that is now ranked in the top five of all of baseball only 2 years ago. He's got his issues certainly and the odds are against him ever being a good major leaguer for any significant amount of time*. However, he does have talent and can not be dismissed over struggles at 22. Will he ever cut down on his walks or home runs? I don't know, but the talent is there, not many 21 years olds strike out 150+ batters in 140 IP in AA and AAA ball.

*Before I get slammed for saying that (And I'm sure I will), please note that this is actually true of any pitcher younger than 25. Attrition rates on young arms are astounding. Betting on any young pitcher having a long and productive career rather it be Phillip Hughes, Clay Buchholz, Matt Cain, Gallardo, Joba Chamberlain, David Price, or Homer Baily (who all are much more highly regarded than Danks) is betting against the house.

That isn't to say they won't turn out, its just that the odds are against young pitchers no matter the talent level.

doublem23
04-10-2008, 07:30 AM

Oh, well thank you from coming down from Olympus and imparting your vast wisdom on all the serfs down here.

We really appreciate it.

As for Danks, as most people have pointed out, young pitchers fail far more often than they succeed (I believe Mark Prior, a few years ago, was being labeled as a near sure-bet Hall of Fame pitcher). That being said, anyone who's ready to give up on a guy whose only thrown 150 innings and is a week shy of his 23rd birthday for bouts of inconsistency is completely insane. Watch his games when he pitches well, he has big league quality stuff, shockingly he's just got to learn to pull it all together.

Taliesinrk
04-10-2008, 07:46 AM
Oh, well thank you from coming down from Olympus and imparting your vast wisdom on all the serfs down here.

We really appreciate it.

As for Danks, as most people have pointed out, young pitchers fail far more often than they succeed (I believe Mark Prior, a few years ago, was being labeled as a near sure-bet Hall of Fame pitcher). That being said, anyone who's ready to give up on a guy whose only thrown 150 innings and is a week shy of his 23rd birthday for bouts of inconsistency is completely insane. Watch his games when he pitches well, he has big league quality stuff, shockingly he's just got to learn to pull it all together.

I could be mistaken here, but I believe that you've crossed times in your analogy. The serfs didn't have much to do with Olympus and the Greeks, rather were prevelant in describing the lower classes and peasants during the Middle Ages and Elizabethan era. :cool:

daveeym
04-10-2008, 07:56 AM
Parrothead wants to become the new HomeFish.Mhmmm, ParrotFish.

balke
04-10-2008, 08:10 AM

We really appreciate it.

Buehrle's had horrible games like Danks did yesterday. I remember Garland last season gave up 11 in 2 IP. Even great pitchers find the occasional game where they can't get out of an inning.

Danks looks really good some games. I think he right now is a pitcher who really has to pitch his heart out to get a good start. Hopefully in time it'll come more naturally.

Billy Ashley
04-10-2008, 08:14 AM

We really appreciate it.

Glad to do it, thanks.

My goal on this site is to never read that stat geeks love MVP awards or that Josh Fields is a better hitter than Adam Dunn or that Scott Podesednik was an elite lead off hitter...

Anyway, the Prior comment demonstrates how little we know about baseball. Back when he came up, everyone felt his delivery was flawless. Now we know that the use of the “inverted W” is a sure fire way to tear the muscles in the shoulder apart. Just goes to show us how little we all know.

C-Dawg
04-10-2008, 08:15 AM
Watch his games when he pitches well, he has big league quality stuff....

He's had the misfortune of pitching well on days when our offense stays home, unfortunately. But the same could be said for Buehrle, too; how many times have threads here on WSI mentioned "another good outing by MB gone to waste by a poor showing by the offense"?

doublem23
04-10-2008, 08:33 AM
I could be mistaken here, but I believe that you've crossed times in your analogy. The serfs didn't have much to do with Olympus and the Greeks, rather were prevelant in describing the lower classes and peasants during the Middle Ages and Elizabethan era. :cool:

What the hell do I know? I till the fields all day.

:shrug:

doublem23
04-10-2008, 08:34 AM
He's had the misfortune of pitching well on days when our offense stays home, unfortunately. But the same could be said for Buehrle, too; how many times have threads here on WSI mentioned "another good outing by MB gone to waste by a poor showing by the offense"?

During Sunday night's game against Detroit, they put a stat up that said Mark Buehrle had the lowest run support from his team for any starter over the last 2 or 3 years, IIRC. It's a wonder he wins any games.

Billy Ashley
04-10-2008, 08:41 AM
During Sunday night's game against Detroit, they put a stat up that said Mark Buehrle had the lowest run support from his team for any starter over the last 2 or 3 years, IIRC. It's a wonder he wins any games.

I'm not so sure Buehrle is the best comp to Danks anyway. They're both lefthand sure, but Buehrle never got the K's Danks had in the minors. He was more of a refined polished pitcher. While, anyone would clearly be ecstatic if Danks were similar as Buehrle's been one of the 20 or so best starting pitchers over the past 5 years (likely better actually) the two just don't seem at that similar in terms of style.

Danks walks a lot more batters than Buehrle did, he also strikes out many many more. If Danks were to have a career similar in terms of production (IE, ERA+, IP) to Buehrle, I'd imagine he'd be like a left handed version of David Cone. That is, walks would still be an issue but his ability to miss bats would allow him to thrive despite it. Granted as you pointed out earlier, that's a big if, with any young pitcher.

doublem23
04-10-2008, 08:45 AM
That would be OK.

http://www.baseball-reference.com/c/coneda01.shtml

Billy Ashley
04-10-2008, 08:47 AM
That would be OK.

http://www.baseball-reference.com/c/coneda01.shtml

It sure would be for Danks... Again, I'm not saying his results would mirror Cone's just that he'd have a similar style of pitching.

I agree with you that it's way too early to give up on him but chances are he'll never come close to sniffing 100 wins. That's just the nature of young pitchers.

JorgeFabregas
04-10-2008, 09:41 AM
He needs to learn how to trust his stuff a bit more, he seemed scared with a couple of there guys and didn't trust his hard-throwing stuff (cutter/fastball).
He really had no stuff last night. The only thing he could get over was his fastball, and even that not so much.

ode to veeck
04-10-2008, 09:48 AM

That said, Danks was one of the better prospects in a system that is now ranked in the top five of all of baseball only 2 years ago. He's got his issues certainly and the odds are against him ever being a good major leaguer for any significant amount of time*. However, he does have talent and can not be dismissed over struggles at 22. Will he ever cut down on his walks or home runs? I don't know, but the talent is there, not many 21 years olds strike out 150+ batters in 140 IP in AA and AAA ball.

*Before I get slammed for saying that (And I'm sure I will), please note that this is actually true of any pitcher younger than 25. Attrition rates on young arms are astounding. Betting on any young pitcher having a long and productive career rather it be Phillip Hughes, Clay Buchholz, Matt Cain, Gallardo, Joba Chamberlain, David Price, or Homer Baily (who all are much more highly regarded than Danks) is betting against the house.

That isn't to say they won't turn out, its just that the odds are against young pitchers no matter the talent level.

No slamming here, a good post on a decent young pitcher with potential to blossom further. 2008 is a key year here.

He certainly has "the stuff", but he has to get mentally tougher, as Garland did at a key point after Ozzie took the reins. Also, like Burly-mon, he can be very suseptible to how the strikes are called on well placed pitches, cause if he's getting squeezed they get the same problem of having to give up the BB or put one down the middle as the count fills.

turners56
04-10-2008, 04:37 PM
Danks got hit yesterday cause he wasn't throwing strikes, he seemed afraid of Morneau, Young, and Monroe. On top of that, the Twins had a great approach, you gotta tip your cap to the other team sometimes.

As for Danks being the next Buehrle...eh I see some similarities, but until John shows he can pinpoint his pitches more often and go after hitters instead of pitching around them, I don't think that's possible. With Danks' stuff, he can be much better than Mark, it's his mental make-up that's hurting him.

oeo
04-10-2008, 06:50 PM

Is that all you do is bitch about the site? This is the second time you've gone out of your way to say the posters here suck. If other sites are so much better (i.e., agree with you), then why don't you go enjoy them?

BainesHOF
04-10-2008, 07:05 PM
If you want to make the giant leap and compare Danks to Buehrle, why don't you go all the way and compare him to Warren Spahn and Steve Carlton?

Sorry, the addition of a cutter does not make Danks like Buehrle. How many pitchers in the game have a cutter? How many of those pitch like Buehrle?

I'll go on record and say Steve Stone doesn't know what he's talking about when it comes to Danks. Danks showed a bad habit of grooving pitches and giving up the long ball last year. Then he was getting rocked in his last few starts in spring training and of course he got rocked in his last start by Minnesota. His only good start recently was a very good one, and a very important one, in his first start of this regular season. But I'm going to need a lot more than one quality start before I feel that he's turned any kind of corner. He's developing a track record and it's not a good one.

Daver
04-10-2008, 07:12 PM
If you want to make the giant leap and compare Danks to Buehrle, why don't you go all the way and compare him to Warren Spahn and Steve Carlton?

Sorry, the addition of a cutter does not make Danks like Buehrle. How many pitchers in the game have a cutter? How many of those pitch like Buehrle?

I'll go on record and say Steve Stone doesn't know what he's talking about when it comes to Danks. Danks showed a bad habit of grooving pitches and giving up the long ball last year. Then he was getting rocked in his last few starts in spring training and of course he got rocked in his last start by Minnesota. His only good start recently was a very good one, and a very important one, in his first start of this regular season. But I'm going to need a lot more than one quality start before I feel that he's turned any kind of corner. He's developing a track record and it's not a good one.

Suffice it to say I am damn glad you have nothing to do with developing Sox pitching.

Elephant
04-10-2008, 07:28 PM
Dude... you're spouting off stats based on 139 innings pitched by a 22 year old on a crap team with no bullpen. Many players are still in single A at the age of 22.

Like someone previously mentioned... check out Johan Santana's stats as a rookie. In case you didn't know, many players struggle a little when they get called up the majors. Most of them are also older than 22.

I watched Danks pitch last season and I was not discouraged whatsoever. Unlike the other busts you mentioned, Danks actually showed promise that he can get major league hitters out consistently.

When I look at his stats I am also encouraged that he struck out 7.8 batters per 9 innings. His strikeout to walk ratio was also 2-1. Yes he has to get his hits down and work on keeping the ball inside the park, but that should improve with experience.

The guy has good stuff. He just needs to work on his approach and location. With the help of Cooper and Buehrle, I expect him to improve this season and beyond.

And no I'm not a blind, koolaid drinking homer. I have no problem admitting when the Sox have someone on the roster who lacks talent to be a major league player. Yeah I'm talking about Jerry Owens right now.

Good points. I would pretty much echo them.

A similar pitcher, Mark Mulder, went 9-10 with a 5.44 at age 22. The next year, 21-8.

EndemicSox
04-10-2008, 09:21 PM
As much as I'd love to see Danks become a David Cone-clone, he simply lacks the elite "stuff" that Cone had, and that type of career(multiple all-star appearences, top of the line starter, Cy-Young candidate, etc...) is probably not in the cards. I hoping Danks can provide the same thing that Mike Sirotka did in '98-00 over the next few years...if he can move beyond that, it's all gravy...

Billy Ashley
04-10-2008, 09:31 PM
As much as I'd love to see Danks become a David Cone-clone, he simply lacks the elite "stuff" that Cone had, and that type of career(multiple all-star appearences, top of the line starter, Cy-Young candidate, etc...) is probably not in the cards. I hoping Danks can provide the same thing that Mike Sirotka did in '98-00 over the next few years...if he can move beyond that, it's all gravy...

I agree, I only brought up Cone in a sense of that's the style of pitcher he is. He's not a finesse guy, he's likely always going to give up walks (like Cone) what will make the difference is if he can miss bats on a consistent basis.

Sorry if I wasn't clear. I don't mean Cone is his ceiling, Cone falls just short of being a Hall of Famer. I just mean the style of pitching. Danks ceiling may be modeled after Cone. His ceiling is likely a lot closer to a Matt Clement or a Ted Lilly. Not bad pitchers, just guys who walk a few too many.

Daver
04-10-2008, 09:33 PM
I agree, I only brought up Cone in a sense of that's the style of pitcher he is. He's not a finesse guy, he's likely always going to give up walks (like Cone) what will make the difference is if he can miss bats on a consistent basis.

Sorry if I wasn't clear. I don't mean Cone is his ceiling, Cone falls just short of being a Hall of Famer. I just mean the style of pitching. Danks ceiling may be modeled after Cone. His ceiling is likely a lot closer to a Matt Clement or a Ted Lilly. Not bad pitchers, just guys who walk a few too many.

Based on what?

Jurr
04-10-2008, 09:35 PM
I would've loved to see what insight you would've had on Johan Santana's "stuff" when the AL was knocking the young reliever/spot starter's stuff around ballparks across the country.

EndemicSox
04-10-2008, 09:40 PM
I would've loved to see what insight you would've had on Johan Santana's "stuff" when the AL was knocking the young reliever/spot starter's stuff around ballparks across the country.

It was filthy then, just as it is now, of course his command was pretty terrible, but hopefully something clicks with Danks, just as did with Johan...Danks has some good "stuff"(I think I'll stop using that word for the next week), but I'm not ready to compare him to a future ace just yet. I'm expecting Sirotka-esque pitching from Danks while he takes his lumps over the next few years, that is all...he is certainly young enough and talented enough to go beyond that level...

Nellie_Fox
04-10-2008, 09:45 PM
Is that all you do is bitch about the site? This is the second time you've gone out of your way to say the posters here suck. If other sites are so much better (i.e., agree with you), then why don't you go enjoy them?:yup:

Billy Ashley
04-10-2008, 09:56 PM
Based on what?

Same weaknesses and strengths, ie walk too many batters, while also showing the ability to rake up K's while also having 4 different pitches in his repertoire.

areilly
04-11-2008, 10:14 AM
Greates bullpen ever?

I was thinking the same thing. Funny how legendary that thread became in its scant three pages.

http://www.whitesoxinteractive.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=86957&highlight=best+bullpen+ever

Blueprint1
04-11-2008, 10:24 AM
Hey guys the guy has started two games this year. I think he has the ability to become a very good pitcher in this league. He has has one good game and one poor game. Give the guy a break hes not going to shut everyone down every time out.

BainesHOF
04-12-2008, 01:56 PM
Suffice it to say I am damn glad you have nothing to do with developing Sox pitching.

Feel free to check out my past posts regarding Danks and Floyd. So far, I've been on the money.

I hope both pitchers winding up doing well.

bafiarocks03
04-12-2008, 05:07 PM
=]]]

I like him! =]

chisoxfanatic
04-12-2008, 05:10 PM
Welcome back, Bafia!

Daver
04-12-2008, 05:18 PM
Feel free to check out my past posts regarding Danks and Floyd. So far, I've been on the money.

I hope both pitchers winding up doing well.

I really don't need to reinforce the fact that I am damn glad you have no part of developing Sox pitching.

Jerome
04-12-2008, 05:23 PM
Gavin Floyd: The next John Danks?

TheVulture
04-12-2008, 06:48 PM
Danks has much better stuff than Buehrle, so he has a chance to be better.

So do a lot of pitchers that can't touch Burls.

TheVulture
04-12-2008, 06:52 PM
I was thinking the same thing. Funny how legendary that thread became in its scant three pages.

http://www.whitesoxinteractive.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=86957&highlight=best+bullpen+ever

LuzinskiFan, the OP of that thread, never posted again on this site after that one. :(: