PDA

View Full Version : Yankee Stadium

peeonwrigley
04-09-2008, 11:16 AM
Planning to check out this dump next month while in NY, I guess its got some history. Looking at a map of this thing is like solving a Rubik's cube. What are the best seating options (I've already been warned against their bleachers)? Price isn't a huge obsticle, but nothing crazy.

jenn2080
04-09-2008, 11:39 AM
DO NOT SIT IN THE UPPER DECK

We just bought tickets for a game in September. They were in $85 but face was $60 so it was not that bad. The seats we got were between 3rd and left in the lower level.

itsnotrequired
04-09-2008, 11:41 AM
Planning to check out this dump next month while in NY, I guess its got some history. Looking at a map of this thing is like solving a Rubik's cube. What are the best seating options (I've already been warned against their bleachers)? Price isn't a huge obsticle, but nothing crazy.

I was in the bleachers a few seasons ago. Other than the no alcohol policy, the seats were fine.

NU Nish 13
04-09-2008, 11:59 AM
Try checking out the Tier Box MVP or Loge Box MVP seats...sometimes you can get good deals for under face value on StubHub if their opponent is subpar...although with it being the last season of Yankee Stadium and all, I wouldn't count on it.

I think I sat in Tier Box MVP seats last summer and had amazing seats behind the plate. (it's still technically upper deck, but I thought they were fantastic)

MUsoxfan
04-09-2008, 12:34 PM
I actually quite enjoyed my visit to Yankee Stadium. I had great seats in the UD (but they were only 3 or 4 rows up even with 3B). I recommend getting there early to check things out and be prepared to walk many, many ramps.

DeadMoney
04-09-2008, 12:39 PM
DO NOT SIT IN THE UPPER DECK

Completely Agree. The steepness there rivals the Cell, but with their upper deck being MANY more rows, I'd say it's worse.

http://www.baseballpilgrimages.com/american/yankee2.jpg

C-Dawg
04-09-2008, 12:58 PM
I sprung for some $60-something tickets in Section M9, which was in the lower level behind the Yankees on-deck circle. Outstanding seats. There was a place right behind us on the concourse that sold cookies, and the smell of chocolate cookies baking lingered the whole game.

By the way, check out how badly faded some of the Yankee Stadium blue seats look. Ours probably would have wound up just as bad had we not switched to green.

LITTLE NELL
04-09-2008, 02:36 PM
Was lucky enough to see a game at Yankee Stadium in 1965 before the make over, that was the real Yankee Stadium of Ruth, Gehrig, Dimaggio, Mantle and Berra.
I will always remember that facade of the roof,it was classic. Left Center field was death valley,461ft if I remember right. Down the lines it was 296 to right field pole and 301 to the left field pole.

Elephant
04-09-2008, 02:50 PM
Completely Agree. The steepness there rivals the Cell, but with their upper deck being MANY more rows, I'd say it's worse.

http://www.baseballpilgrimages.com/american/yankee2.jpg

The slope is the same, but yeah when there are more rows it's much more intimidating. Now that the Cell's UD is smaller, it doesn't feel steep to me whatsoever.

Just looking at Yankee Stadium's layout, the sightlines must be just terrible in the upper deck, especially down the lines. The upper deck is right on top of the field, so major chunks of the outfield must be out of your viewing range.

Hendu
04-09-2008, 10:00 PM
I'm probably going to the 5/23 game against Seattle. On StubHub, Loge box tickets in 512 are going for $50-60.

DSpivack
04-09-2008, 10:42 PM
I'm probably going to the 5/23 game against Seattle. On StubHub, Loge box tickets in 512 are going for $50-60.

I'm likely going sometime that weekend with a friend from Brooklyn.