PDA

View Full Version : BP apologzing for the kitties...

Tragg
04-08-2008, 11:24 PM
BP is all over themselves apologizing for the kittens.
AT 3-0, top dog Sheehan comes out with a full article that explains that 3 games is a "small sample size". I for one appreciated the analysis because I hadn't realized that 3 games wasn't dispositive of the entire season - until I read his piece.
At 0-7 (or perhaps 6), they trotted out another article that compared the Tigers to the Yankees dynasty of the late 50s and early 60s. You see, even those Yankee teams had the fluke bad year of 1959. Of course, the usual cavea: "none of the foregoing is to say that the 2008 Detroit Tigers are the 1959 Yankees..."

This is all about their predictions, of course (we didn't see similar efforts that the 2007 Sox were a fluke, e.g.). Yet in their zeal to maintain the credibility of their predictions, they lose credibility.

But they are worth $24 a year.

TDog
04-08-2008, 11:44 PM
... But they are worth $24 a year.

At least they didn't come up with a ridiculous statistical interpretation of the games showing they should be, maybe, 6-1. At least I assume as much. I'm guessing that as bad as the White Sox made the Tigers look Sunday, and as bad as the Tigers have looked in general, they statistically should have lost 10 games by now.

jabrch
04-08-2008, 11:48 PM
At least they didn't come up with a ridiculous statistical interpretation of the games showing they should be, maybe, 6-1. At least I assume as much. I'm guessing that as bad as the White Sox made the Tigers look Sunday, and as bad as the Tigers have looked in general, they statistically should have lost 10 games by now.

There is an 85% chance that the Sox just took 3 games from Detroit.