PDA

View Full Version : Jerry Manuel

MarqSox
04-27-2002, 09:31 PM
We're in first place, yet some people are criticizing Manuel like we were in last. Cut him some slack.

danman31
04-27-2002, 10:34 PM
Whoa! Back it up here. The Sox have lost 2 games in a row, what the hell is so bad about that? Even Seattle lost 2 games in a row last year(as did Arizona), so why is it such a bad thing?

MarqSox
04-27-2002, 10:42 PM
Originally posted by danman31
Whoa! Back it up here. The Sox have lost 2 games in a row, what the hell is so bad about that? Even Seattle lost 2 games in a row last year(as did Arizona), so why is it such a bad thing?

I agree completely... but there's a number of people on the board who seem to feel otherwise. I just wanted to confirm that the majority isn't crazy, which the early results seem to support.

MattSharp
04-28-2002, 12:01 AM
First place or not, Manuel makes dumb decisions, decisions that could really hurt a team in the playoffs....

doublem23
04-28-2002, 08:53 AM
For God's sake, we're in first place!

foulkesfan11
04-29-2002, 08:02 AM
Originally posted by MattSharp
First place or not, Manuel makes dumb decisions, decisions that could really hurt a team in the playoffs....

I agree. I seem to recall when the season just started that many of us wanted Jerry fired. I don't believe that we're in first place because of him. I think he's lucky that we have a good team. He is always outmanaged by the west coast teams. Just wait til Seattle comes to town and Pinella runs circles around him again. You'll see.

:firejerry