PDA

View Full Version : Concerning Ozzie's Ejection Yesterday

kevingrt
04-08-2008, 02:47 PM
Does it seem like every time Phil Cuzzi is behind the plate Ozzie will get ejected? That has to be at least the third or fourth time Ozzie has been ejected with Cuzzi behind the plate.

And by the way Cuzzi has one of the bottom three worst strike zones in the game.

BTFU
04-08-2008, 02:57 PM
Does it seem like every time Phil Cuzzi is behind the plate Ozzie will get ejected? That has to be at least the third or fourth time Ozzie has been ejected with Cuzzi behind the plate.

And by the way Cuzzi has one of the bottom three worst strike zones in the game.

Yes I think Cuzzi and Ozzie don't get along to well, and it is probably to do with that horrible strike zone he has.

hawkjt
04-08-2008, 03:18 PM
You have to wonder if Cuzzi just pulls out his ''special '' strike zone for Ozzie...otherwise he would be kicking managers out thru out the league..maybe he is but I doubt it.

If nothing else he has rabbit ears...first hint of a complaint from Ozzie and boom...he gawn.

Cuzzi is an arse.

JoeClutch24
04-08-2008, 09:37 PM
Those were awful calls yesterday

TheGipper
04-08-2008, 10:07 PM
During Ozzie's press conference he made the comment that if he said what he was thinking he'd be gone for a couple of days and he didn't want to do that to his team. He than said he didn't want to talk anymore about that guy because he wasn't worth it.

Ozzie knows that Cuzzi is trying to push his bottons, plus after throwing Ozzie out he had **** eating grin on this face as he watched him leave. Definately personal towards Ozzie. Karma's a bitch though and he'll get his.

JermaineDye05
04-08-2008, 10:10 PM
On the ejection yesterday, I thought that pitch WAS a strike to Pauly. Looked like it when they showed it from the side angle. I think what Ozzie was mostly pissed about was that Javy wasn't getting the high strike or wide zone like the Twins were. We still won though, which is all that matters.

chisoxfanatic
04-08-2008, 10:13 PM
Cuzzi's taking Hunter Wendlestadt's spot here as far as Sox screwers. It's great that their bats made up for the horrible calls at the plate.

dickallen15
04-08-2008, 10:18 PM
The thing that got me was the umpire removing his mask looking for trouble from the White Sox dugout. Ozzie did the right thing by not backing down.

kevingrt
04-08-2008, 10:21 PM
On the ejection yesterday, I thought that pitch WAS a strike to Pauly. Looked like it when they showed it from the side angle. I think what Ozzie was mostly pissed about was that Javy wasn't getting the high strike or wide zone like the Twins were. We still won though, which is all that matters.

I think it was more a culmination of a couple factors not just the called strike to PK. I think out of anyone Thome had the biggest gripe with Cuzzi and his zone and he let Cuzzi hear it.

mzh
04-08-2008, 10:29 PM
Yeah, ozzie doesn't get along with phil cuzzi. And jerry crawford. and half of the other umpires in the mlb. he just has some anger problems. but the calls still weren't too great.

gobears1987
04-08-2008, 10:56 PM
You have to wonder if Cuzzi just pulls out his ''special '' strike zone for Ozzie...otherwise he would be kicking managers out thru out the league..maybe he is but I doubt it.
Cuzzi has a fairly consistent strike zone. There was some controversy over it in the 05 NLCS when he ejected Jim Edmonds. He is still an asshat and has a horrible zone.

It isn't worth the consequences, but I'd love to see Bobby miss high next time Cuzzi is behind the plate. Just make sure AJ ducks. *evil laugh* OK, I don't really want to see the Sox do that, but if anyone deserves it, Cuzzi does.

itsnotrequired
04-09-2008, 07:04 AM
Along the same vein, does a manager still get credit for a win/loss if they are ejected?

Frater Perdurabo
04-09-2008, 07:13 AM
It isn't worth the consequences, but I'd love to see Bobby miss high next time Cuzzi is behind the plate. Just make sure AJ ducks. *evil laugh* OK, I don't really want to see the Sox do that, but if anyone deserves it, Cuzzi does.

Ahh, the "Disappearing Catcher" trick. :redneck

I'm in favor of a large strike zone, but when a single umpire calls an inconsistent zone and then deliberately tries to provoke a player/team/manager, he simply deserves to be fired.

Seriously, why does MLB tolerate and continue to employ umpires who clearly and obviously allow their own agendas to dictate their work?

I understand that umpires are human beings and cannot be completely objective. But they MUST be fair. Tolerating this lack of fairness calls into question the legitimacy of the sport.

sox1970
04-09-2008, 10:18 AM
Along the same vein, does a manager still get credit for a win/loss if they are ejected?

Yes. They also get credit even if they're serving a suspension.

Hokiesox
04-09-2008, 10:27 AM
Ahh, the "Disappearing Catcher" trick. :redneck

I'm in favor of a large strike zone, but when a single umpire calls an inconsistent zone and then deliberately tries to provoke a player/team/manager, he simply deserves to be fired.

Seriously, why does MLB tolerate and continue to employ umpires who clearly and obviously allow their own agendas to dictate their work?

I understand that umpires are human beings and cannot be completely objective. But they MUST be fair. Tolerating this lack of fairness calls into question the legitimacy of the sport.

We can be objective. It's unhuman to think we won't make mistakes. BIG difference.

Cuzzi's not good though

Zook 'Em
04-09-2008, 01:37 PM
The thing that got me was the umpire removing his mask looking for trouble from the White Sox dugout. Ozzie did the right thing by not backing down.Yep.

Cuzzi is such a prick. That smug look when he tossed Ozzie, and subsequently when the fans booed every pitch that didn't go our way- and I hate bitching about balls and strikes, but it wasn't going both ways- was really pissing me off.

CleeFan101
04-09-2008, 03:21 PM
To be fair I remember a few times Blackburn got screwed on a call too, like when he threw a curve that should of been a strikeout to Cabrera. It just seemed he was getting a lot of high pitches called strike and Vazquez at times seemed to be squeezed.

Rocky Soprano
04-09-2008, 03:26 PM
We can be objective. It's unhuman to think we won't make mistakes. BIG difference.

Cuzzi's not good though

You're an MLB Ump?