PDA

View Full Version : Near melee: "Kosher dogs with" line

KenBerryGrab
04-08-2008, 02:42 PM
I've seen long lines at Opening Day before, but nothing quite like the snaking queues for kosher dogs with onions from the carts on the upper deck.

A woman in our group was gone for about an inning and a half. I honestly thought she'd left. But she came back with her kosher dog and said the cart line was insane.

When I went out to get Ken Jr. his Red Rope, I saw that line in the right-field UD stretching past two sections. One guy tried to cut in line, and he almost got decked.

I did notice the grills were a little late getting going upstairs. I had to walk almost to home plate to find someone whose onions were ready at 2:15, an hour after the gates opened.

Did anyone else experience the kosher dog kraziness?

spiffie
04-08-2008, 02:44 PM
I've seen long lines at Opening Day before, but nothing quite like the snaking queues for kosher dogs with onions from the carts on the upper deck.

A woman in our group was gone for about an inning and a half. I honestly thought she'd left. But she came back with her kosher dog and said the cart line was insane.

When I went out to get Ken Jr. his Red Rope, I saw that line in the right-field UD stretching past two sections. One guy tried to cut in line, and he almost got decked.

I did notice the grills were a little late getting going upstairs. I had to walk almost to home plate to find someone whose onions were ready at 2:15, an hour after the gates opened.

I was in Sec. 544, and between the 3rd and 4th innings I went out to grab a Kosher dog from one of the carts, and was back in my seat no more than 3-4 minutes later.

KenBerryGrab
04-08-2008, 02:47 PM
I was in Sec. 544, and between the 3rd and 4th innings I went out to grab a Kosher dog from one of the carts, and was back in my seat no more than 3-4 minutes later.

Good for you, my friend! It must have been a right field thing.

salty99
04-08-2008, 02:48 PM
i got one about half hour before the game near 520 and waited around 5 minutes.

kevingrt
04-08-2008, 02:49 PM

I was in 540 and it took 5 minutes tops. Not bad at all. They did only have one guy working though which was a bit disappointing.

Jaffar
04-08-2008, 02:51 PM
Good for you, my friend! It must have been a right field thing.

RIGHT FIELD SUCKS! RIGHT FIELD SUCKS! :redneck

sodfatherjunior
04-08-2008, 03:12 PM
you really just gotta find the right line to go to, I've noticed some rather long lines for the "one dog with" before and just kept walking to the next spot selling them and experienced a shorter line, well worth the extra walk to not wait in line.

Woofer
04-08-2008, 06:50 PM
:cool:We were also in 540, got (Brats and Koshers) food before the national anthem, and there were about 2 people in line in front of us. No probs that I saw, but the game was so exciting that we never left our seats until the game was over.

Whitesox029
04-08-2008, 08:23 PM

I don't blame anyone. It's been a long winter without Sox Park food. I'd wait in a line for an inning for one of those as long as the game's on a nearby TV or I can see the field.

HomeFish
04-08-2008, 08:49 PM
Those are some pretty good dogs; they're worth waiting in line for.

Then again, this is coming from the guy who missed Crede's go-ahead homer in Game 1 of the World Series because he was in line for a kosher dog.

ws05champs
04-08-2008, 10:16 PM
I went down for Kosher dogs 3 times yesterday and did not have to wait very long. On my first run, there was one cart in right field that I went to first and they ran out of cooked dogs so I just went to another cart. On my second run I tried the cart in right field again, and again they were out of cooked dogs. Must of had some rookies running the cart.

Kosher dogs with onions are very serious items at the park.

35th&Shields
04-08-2008, 10:37 PM
One thing that drives me nuts is that people stand in line at the stands and the line sticks out into the path of travel (perpendicular from the front of the stand). I'll never understand why they don't have people directing the fans to line up parallell to the front of the stand so there arent' big lines clogging the path of travel on the concouse. It's very weird.

elrod
04-08-2008, 11:10 PM
God I miss Chicago.

BoysMom3
04-08-2008, 11:23 PM
Oh, I just can't even wait to get to a game! That's my favorite thing ever - the kosher dog!! They're so salty and yummy!!!!!

LoveYourSuit
04-08-2008, 11:52 PM
Kosher dog best the park has to offer IMO, they should have a cart on every 3 sections minimum.

I had mine yesterday, OMG did I miss it.

StillMissOzzie
04-09-2008, 12:48 AM
I was in the UD around 556 and there was a slow Kosher dog cart there. After waiting in line for maybe 10 minutes, when I got near the cart, I was told that it'd be another 5 minutes for a Kosher dog, but the Polish were readily available. I think that between it being the first game, maybe some new employees, they need to get into a routine a bit better, learn how to gauge the demand better, and keep the line moving!

SMO
:scratch:

RustyKuntz
04-09-2008, 03:59 PM
Kosher dog best the park has to offer IMO,

Am I the only one on this board that prefers the Polish? God I love the Polish at The Cell.

Consiquently, most of my White Sox clothing has some sort of mustard stain.

kobo
04-09-2008, 04:35 PM
Am I the only one on this board that prefers the Polish? God I love the Polish at The Cell.

I love the Polish as well, I think the Polish are 10x better than the dogs. On Monday my Dad and I each grabbed a Polish and a beer before heading to our seats. It was glorious.

Walker29
04-09-2008, 05:09 PM
no doubt its not officially baseball season until I have my first Miller Lite bomber in the Bullpen Bar and my first Kosher Dog from a grill cart. The first grill by an entrance ramp is always going to have the longest lines...I was in section 540 and we got our dogs at 2:30, with no line, no waiting. My buddy and I were discussing whether or not either of us had ever tried the polish. I've always meant to, but "2 dogs with" always seems to come out of my mouth when its time to order...like some Jedi mind trick. Anybody notice/try the GREEK SAUSAGE vendor?...I think it was on the same cart as the steak pita. How about the BBQ Pulled Pork or Super Comiskey Dog ($8.25 for a dog seems like a lot). Hopefully the weather holds out for Thursday and I can knock down a couple two tree dogs.

peeonwrigley
04-09-2008, 05:16 PM

I'm with you Rusty.

Except for the stains part.

ws05champs
04-09-2008, 07:47 PM
I grew up in a Polish neighborhood with a deli a few block down that made their own Polish sausage. What they call "Polish sausage" at the park is just not what I was taught that Polish sausage is.

Stringer
04-12-2008, 04:38 AM
Had one today with onion (took about a minute to get for the folks scoring at home) and it was AWESOME.

No ketchup, just mustard

Steelrod
04-12-2008, 08:37 AM
I grew up in a Polish neighborhood with a deli a few block down that made their own Polish sausage. What they call "Polish sausage" at the park is just not what I was taught that Polish sausage is.You were taught wrong. Sox polish rules!