PDA

View Full Version : espn.com error?

PorkChopExpress
04-08-2008, 12:42 PM
I was just perusing the mlb page on espn.com, and the headline under rumors is "No contract talks for Konerko." I was slightly intrigued so I clicked, and on the next page it has the headline, "Konerko says contract talks a no-no," and right there next to the headline is a picture of ... Crede? It is an Insider article, so I don't know what it says, but could ESPN be that bad that they mistook Crede for Knoerko? Anyone with Insider privileges that is willing to fill me in on this article, I would appreciate it.

Scottzilla
04-08-2008, 12:47 PM
I thought this was a poll, i vote yes anyway.

areilly
04-08-2008, 12:48 PM
I was just perusing the mlb page on espn.com, and the headline under rumors is "No contract talks for Konerko." I was slightly intrigued so I clicked, and on the next page it has the headline, "Konerko says contract talks a no-no," and right there next to the headline is a picture of ... Crede? It is an Insider article, so I don't know what it says, but could ESPN be that bad that they mistook Crede for Knoerko? Anyone with Insider privileges that is willing to fill me in on this article, I would appreciate it.

SI must use the same feed/wire, as they had an identical post. It's a summary of a S-T article about how Crede's contract status won't weigh the rest of the team down the way MB and JD's did.

The source article is here:

http://www.suntimes.com/sports/baseball/whitesox/882608,CST-SPT-soxnt08.article

jackbrohamer
04-08-2008, 12:49 PM
Sounds like it's similar to a story in today's Sun Times where Konerko says it's distracting to talk about players' contract situations & he declined to comment on Crede's contract status.