PDA

View Full Version : I am NOT calling for this yet...

Viva Magglio
04-27-2002, 06:22 PM
...but how long will it be until this tag becomes popular again?

:firejerry

Spiff
04-27-2002, 06:38 PM
Originally posted by ˇViva Mágglio!

It better be long, considering THE SOX ARE IN FIRST PLACE.

Oh woe is us. Cursed with such an awful team....

baggio202
04-27-2002, 06:38 PM

i like jerry manuel alot...but this is the year..at a minimum we should win this crappy division by 10 games and we have to advance atleast one playoff round...if we fail to advance in the playoffs manuekl's butt should be in a sling.. if we dont win the divison and miss the playoffs and i was owner everyone from kenny williams on down would be gone...kw, JM , gary ward, nardi ,pettis, wavin wally,..gone - gone - gone - gone - gone...

2 years ago we had the best team in the AL..im willing to give them a pass for injuries last year but no excuses this year...we play for the AL championship at a minimum or else

atleast thats what i would do...

doublem23
04-27-2002, 08:31 PM
Originally posted by Wh1teSox00

It better be long, considering THE SOX ARE IN FIRST PLACE.

Oh woe is us. Cursed with such an awful team....

My thoughts exactly.

Nellie_Fox
04-28-2002, 02:00 AM
I considered not even coming to WSI tonight, knowing there would be people out on the ledge.

Sometimes, a real serious ass-whupping is easier to get over than a close loss. This will be a test of character for the Sox. If they can put this behind them and go back to playing the solid baseball they were playing before, it will show they are a serious contender.

Fire Manuel? This team is doing better than most of us expected coming out of spring training. We knew it would be a good offensive club, but were concerned about the pitching and defense. Both have been better than we had any reason to expect. It's not time to set off the air-raid sirens yet.

Nellsin
04-28-2002, 06:55 AM
To me, the team looked utterly flat. They haven't had a day off in 16 days, including two play-plus-travel days, which is a bit tough in April when the players are still getting back into it. Oakland, a good team, has a huge breakout game against us when we've got nothing. We might lose again today, but I'll be at Comiskey on May 3 to see if we roll over for the A's at home.

doublem23
04-28-2002, 08:48 AM
Originally posted by Nellie_Fox
I considered not even coming to WSI tonight, knowing there would be people out on the ledge.

And you know LipMan is out laughing somewhere now that this outing shows why we should dump that "can't-miss-kid" Mark Buehrle for a proven starter... like Orlando Hernandez...

WinningUgly!
04-28-2002, 09:45 AM
Originally posted by doublem23

And you know LipMan is out laughing somewhere now that this outing shows why we should dump that "can't-miss-kid" Mark Buehrle for a proven starter... like Orlando Hernandez...
LOL! http://www.stopstart.fsnet.co.uk/smilie/laugh.gif

GASHWOUND
04-28-2002, 11:31 AM
Originally posted by Nellsin
To me, the team looked utterly flat. They haven't had a day off in 16 days, including two play-plus-travel days, which is a bit tough in April when the players are still getting back into it. Oakland, a good team, has a huge breakout game against us when we've got nothing. We might lose again today, but I'll be at Comiskey on May 3 to see if we roll over for the A's at home.

Looking flat is an understatement, the team looked like ***** and gave up on that game(if by fatigue or whatever)
We get shutdown by Fyre(sp)??!!What is that!?!?!
Now we have to beat Hudson just to salvage a friggin game. And then we have to go to Seattle, to play the Mariners. Sigh...We better get our f'n act together and start beating these "better" teams like OAK, Seattle, and prove we deserve to get the national coverage and the respect. The last 2 games have not proven that. Beating the 'Toons is great, but they aren't a great team to begin with.
I'm so disgusted by the Sox right now after yesterday's performance, that I actually threw a baseball that I had right through the wall in my room. Of course now I have to repair the huge hole there now, but that's besides the point. I had steam coming out of my ears and the way we lost yesterday was UNACCEPTABLE!
A team like the Devil Rays, Cubs, or Tigers lose games like that(the bottom feeders) not a first place team that's a playoff contender.
We lost by f'n 15!!! Nobody should try to sugar coat an embarrassment like that, there's no excuses for crap like that.
The Sox better play like it's the World Series today, and get their heads outta their asses.

duke of dorwood
04-28-2002, 11:58 AM
There has been a funk for 2 games. This is where a manager can motivate a team. I do not think this manager is capable of motivational outbursts, so it has to be by line-up changes, which he seldom does. The Friday night game was a concentration breakdown. Saturday was surrender.

awesomefan
04-28-2002, 01:36 PM
I'd rather see a sign calling for the firing of Kenny Williams just for the simple reason that he seems like a Big Jerk with a Huge Undeserved Ego.

baggio202
04-28-2002, 01:42 PM
Originally posted by awesomefan
I'd rather see a sign calling for the firing of Kenny Williams just for the simple reason that he seems like a Big Jerk with a Huge Undeserved Ego.

i call that the post of the year...i salute you, awesomefan :gulp:

Shammy Soso
04-28-2002, 02:22 PM
Chicago Tribune Sports:

SOX FALLING APART!

Morrissey: Im avoiding baseball because the Cubs still suck, so heres another NBA/NHL playoff colume

Cubs lose. drop to 9-god knows how many. But still go see there games because its Wrigley and if you dont your going to hell. And dont settle for that roof top crap.

BuehrleACE56
04-28-2002, 02:28 PM
The people calling for Jerry's head after two poor losses in a row are crazy. The team looked flat and ultimately sucked it up out there yesterday, but bottom line is we have been playing well until that point and we are in first place. It is true, however, that we need to win against the "good" teams in order to prove ourselves, but it's only April and we'll get another shot at them. I was as upset as anyone after yesterday's game, but I think some of us sox fans went a little overboard in our crazy rants. Now awesomefan over there had a great idea: FIRE K WILLY! KW has made some good moves/acquisitions this year so far (Lofton, Ritchie) but overall he hasn't improved our team by leaps and bounds in his time here. If we don't win our crappy division (come on we know we have the best team in the central and the only even decent competition is Cleaveland/Minnesota and that doesn't even say much) then I definately want to clean house and can Williams, Manuel (Captain Hook is so stone-faced and emotionless in the dugout that our guys look worse and worse the more we get down. We need someone who can be vocal, emotional, and motivate the team when they face adversity and before big games), Ward, Nardi (if he lasts that long), and even some of the players. We have a playoff caliber team and can get to the ALCS. If we don't then this season was a bust no matter what. BurlyMon has lost two straight. Does that worry anyone else besides me?

bc2k
04-28-2002, 05:24 PM

If it means no more nardi, then I'll take that. But Pettis earned to keep his job after the job he did with Carlos.

Daver
04-28-2002, 05:36 PM
Originally posted by bc2k

If it means no more nardi, then I'll take that. But Pettis earned to keep his job after the job he did with Carlos.

Pettis is also responsible for this teams horrible baserunning,I think I would call it a wash and fire him anyway.

MisterB
04-28-2002, 08:10 PM
Originally posted by BuehrleACE56
Captain Hook is so stone-faced and emotionless in the dugout that our guys look worse and worse the more we get down. We need someone who can be vocal, emotional, and motivate the team when they face adversity and before big games

You want fiery and emotional? I know just the guy... :D:

:garner
"Let me whip 'em into shape!"

Lisa
04-29-2002, 08:15 AM
Originally posted by bc2k

Carlos is no better than he was in 2000 before Pettis was there. And as was pointed out, the baserunning has gotten worse since Pettis took over, which is ironic since that's the VERY THING he was brought over to improve. The only reason the baserunning is better this year is because we added Lofton (and I'm pretty sure Pettis can't take credit for him) and got rid of 4-Step Shuffle Singleton. Pettis should go, as should KW and Nardi. And if Manuel doesn't get this team a division title this year, he should go too.

PANFIRECRACKER
04-29-2002, 10:10 AM
Originally posted by Nellie_Fox

Sometimes, a real serious ass-whupping is easier to get over than a close loss. This will be a test of character for the Sox. If they can put this behind them and go back to playing the solid baseball they were playing before, it will show they are a serious contender.

Fire Manuel? This team is doing better than most of us expected coming out of spring training. We knew it would be a good offensive club, but were concerned about the pitching and defense. Both have been better than we had any reason to expect. It's not time to set off the air-raid sirens yet.

Weren't the sirens set off in response to the sox winning the pennant in '59? I could endorse that kind of chaos this year!

Cheryl
04-29-2002, 11:11 AM
Originally posted by PANFIRECRACKER

Weren't the sirens set off in response to the sox winning the pennant in '59? I could endorse that kind of chaos this year!

I'm not quite the OF that some people around here are, I don't remember the sirens. I've heard the stories though. Many people thought the Commies were storming Oak Street Beach because of the sirens.

Nellie_Fox
04-29-2002, 11:23 AM
Originally posted by PANFIRECRACKER
Yes, they were. Fire Commissioner Quinn took it upon himself to order it. That's not what I was thinking when I wrote that, however. I was thinking more along the time that it's not yet time to head for the air-raid shelters.