PDA

View Full Version : Indians - Angels Game

ilsox7
04-08-2008, 01:10 AM
Great game tonight. Angels blow a 2-1 lead in the 9th. They have won 161 games in a row when leading after 8. It's now 4-2 and Borowski is pitching to Toriiiiii. Bases loaded and one out.

ilsox7
04-08-2008, 01:11 AM
Walk-off grand slam for Toriiiii.

Joe Borowski is the biggest reason why I think Cleveland will have some major problems this year. He had a horseshoe up his ass all of 2007.

04-08-2008, 01:12 AM
Turned that on in time for a

WALK OFF GRAND SLAM

ilsox7
04-08-2008, 01:13 AM
This is my first day as a subscriber to the Extra Innings package. I am incredibly happy I decided to pony up the cash!

whitesoxfan
04-08-2008, 01:14 AM
Walk-off grand slam for Toriiiii.

Joe Borowski is the biggest reason why I think Cleveland will have some major problems this year. He had a horseshoe up his ass all of 2007.

He's had a horseshoe up his ass for his entire career.

ilsox7
04-08-2008, 01:17 AM
He's had a horseshoe up his ass for his entire career.

It's one of the reasons I questioned everyone counting the Sox out this year. Detroit and Cleveland do not have lights out pitching. That means that we can compete simply with offense. If we get the pitching, we have a very good chance of winning this division. The Indians are going to lose a significant number of games b/c of their bullpen/Borowski, especially in a division with some potent offenses.

Mr. White Sox
04-08-2008, 01:34 AM
It's one of the reasons I questioned everyone counting the Sox out this year. Detroit and Cleveland do not have lights out pitching. That means that we can compete simply with offense. If we get the pitching, we have a very good chance of winning this division. The Indians are going to lose a significant number of games b/c of their bullpen/Borowski, especially in a division with some potent offenses.

Their bullpen, aside from Borowski, actually isn't bad at all. It's their decision to use Borowski as their closer that is so puzzling. Having Joe Bo as a 7th inning guy, Perez as the 8th and Betancourt in the 9th makes more sense to me. That said, none of those guys has gotten off to a good start this year, aside from Perez (sort of). A mediocre year from the 'pen means this could be a much tighter race than people thought.

Jjav829
04-08-2008, 07:51 AM
I had to laugh watching that game because it was the same exact at-bat as Crede. Bases loaded, Borowski misses with an offspeed pitch while trying to nail the outside corner. 1-0 pitch he comes in with a fastball and it's crushed to the left field foul pole.

Madscout
04-08-2008, 11:32 AM
Their bullpen, aside from Borowski, actually isn't bad at all. It's their decision to use Borowski as their closer that is so puzzling. Having Joe Bo as a 7th inning guy, Perez as the 8th and Betancourt in the 9th makes more sense to me. That said, none of those guys has gotten off to a good start this year, aside from Perez (sort of). A mediocre year from the 'pen means this could be a much tighter race than people thought.

That's what is wierd with all these predictions. You don't hear **** about how Detroit has injuries in thier bullpen, or that cleveland has had struggles in thier's. Granted it is such a crapshoot every year, but the Sox went out and got two quality veteran arms this year. All I've heard mentioned about them is how big thier contracts are.

btrain929
04-08-2008, 12:59 PM

It'll be interesting if they go with Betancourt as closer over Borowski. He is a dynamite set-up man. If he can pitch the same when the game is on the line in the 9th, that's gonna really suck.

Here's to hoping CLE sticks with JoBlo the entire year.

The Immigrant
04-08-2008, 01:08 PM
Here's to hoping CLE sticks with JoBlo the entire year.

They'll give Adam Miller a try at closer at some point. He can't stay healthy as a starter so they're hoping the lighter workload will suit him well.