PDA

View Full Version : Bullpen Sports Bar

PicktoCLick72
04-07-2008, 11:29 PM
I know I should know this information but I have never been to the Bullpen Sports Bar and was planning on going there for the game on Saturday. Does anyone know the prices, ticket access, and any other vital information, /my gratitude cannot be expressed.

Sorry, this is probably not the right forum. Mods, if wrong, please move.

chisoxfanatic
04-07-2008, 11:32 PM
You do not have to purchase tickets to be inside the bar. You just have to show your ID to prove you're 21 or over. But, if you want to have a picnic table on the upper level, be ready to wait by Gate 2 for at least a couple of hours, as you'll want to be one of the first ones in line to get into the ballpark. You'll need to get a wristband, which costs $15 (from what I recall a couple of years ago). It can be purchased at the Mai Tai stand to your right as you enter the Bullpen Sports Bar.

PicktoCLick72
04-08-2008, 12:24 AM
Is there a group limit?

kittle42
04-08-2008, 01:53 AM
Is there a group limit?

No, but as people said, if you want out on the track, better get there way before gates open. Personally, I don't think it's worth it, especially if you can get a lower deck ticket anyway.

RustyKuntz
04-08-2008, 12:23 PM
Boy, do I miss that first season of the Bullpen Bar.

Back then, I don't think anybody knew how to get to the darn thing. Cuz I would just buy an Upper Deck ticket, stroll down there any time and watch the game from the field.

No wrist bands, no extra price, no waiting.

Now I just go there after the game to have a beer and wait for the traffic to die down.

Streets
04-08-2008, 07:13 PM
You do not have to purchase tickets to be inside the bar. You just have to show your ID to prove you're 21 or over.

How do you get into the stadium to do so??

I lucked out yesterday getting two stickers to sit down below, met a lady who knew the bartender... otherwise I would have wasted an 1 hour and 15 minutes standing outside of gate two. Was not wanting to go to the upper deck with that wind yesterday...

C-Dawg
04-08-2008, 07:29 PM
Now I just go there after the game to have a beer and wait for the traffic to die down.

They continue to serve after "last call" everywhere else? I might have to take advantage of that; its been a few years since I've been into the BP bar but if they continue to serve after the game maybe I'll stop in and let the CTA Red Line crowd die down a little before I walk over there.

kittle42
04-08-2008, 08:17 PM
They continue to serve after "last call" everywhere else? I might have to take advantage of that; its been a few years since I've been into the BP bar but if they continue to serve after the game maybe I'll stop in and let the CTA Red Line crowd die down a little before I walk over there.

They keep serving for 45-60 mins after the game.

champagne030
04-08-2008, 08:17 PM
Is there a group limit?

No, but as people said, if you want out on the track, better get there way before gates open. Personally, I don't think it's worth it, especially if you can get a lower deck ticket anyway.

I agree that it's kind of a waste to pay the extra, especially if you already have a lower deck seat.

Now, you might be thinking of my plan and that's if I'm not going to bag the game I will certainly be taking a seat in the bar if the forecast of drizzle and 40 holds true. It could be pretty crowded if the weather is that ****ty.

jcw218
04-08-2008, 08:33 PM
The extra charge applies to the two levels of tables that are in front of the right field seats. There is no charge to sit outside at what would be field level as far as I know. There is a capacity limit to the outside seating however.

DumpJerry
04-08-2008, 08:52 PM
How do you get into the stadium to do so??
Gate 2

chisoxfanatic
04-08-2008, 09:11 PM
How do you get into the stadium to do so?
With your GAME ticket! There's no extra ticket you need to get into the BPSB.

Streets
04-09-2008, 07:29 AM
With your GAME ticket! There's no extra ticket you need to get into the BPSB.

No kidding! The earlier post said you do not have to purchase tickets to enter the BPSB.... My bad for misreading that as "no need for a ticket at all."