PDA

View Full Version : How is the Majestic Custom Shirt store?

PatK
04-07-2008, 01:47 PM
I'm going to the game Saturday and see that they now have a Majestic Custon Shirt store in the upper deck.

I may be bringing some youngsters who no doubt will want their own custom Sox shirt. Hell, I want my own shirt as well.

Can anyone tell me what the store is like? I'm having visions of the old iron-on t-shirt stores that were big in the 70s, but Sox themed.

There isn't really anything about it on the Sox site. I was hoping I could get an idea of what to expect.

#1swisher
04-07-2008, 01:50 PM
IMO your vision is dead on.

russ99
04-07-2008, 01:50 PM
If the upper deck one is anything like the lower deck one, it's pretty cool.

They have a few premade shirts (and other memorabilia) in stock, but the main focus is a t-shirt screenprinter in the shop to make custom shirts.

You pick a design and a player's name & number, then come back to pick up your order.

My only gripe is that they don't have many retro choices as far as designs go, at least not last season.

MeteorsSox4367
04-07-2008, 01:56 PM
Pat: How about this? I went to eight games last season and bought a shirt at five of the eight games (all different shirts). I think it was just the combination of my being a t-shirt geek and a diehard Sox fan.

They do have some very cool designs and you can get your favorite player's name and number on the back.

In the immortal words of Hawk, "they got a lot of my money."

russ99
04-07-2008, 01:59 PM
Pat: How about this? I went to eight games last season and bought a shirt at five of the eight games (all different shirts). I think it was just the combination of my being a t-shirt geek and a diehard Sox fan.

They do have some very cool designs and you can get your favorite player's name and number on the back.

In the immortal words of Hawk, "they got a lot of my money."

They even had Sox players recently added to the roster last year, like Logan opening week, and Richar soon after the Sox brought him up. So you should be able to get name & number of anyone on the roster.

I want Mags back
04-07-2008, 02:02 PM
its cool, but pricey

PatK
04-07-2008, 02:02 PM
I see myself spending a small fortune.

Can you get stuff put on the sleeves? Or is it just the front and back?

I still have some of my shirts from the 70s. The don't have any designs with a disco era van on it, do they?