PDA

View Full Version : Ohhh my....

bryPt
04-07-2008, 02:45 PM
I just overheard a fellow employee (who just so happens to be an a-typical cub fan) giving directions to another employee on how to get to US Cellular for the home opener today:

"I would take I-55 to Midway and park in Midway's lot, then jump on the train to Sox Park. The parking at the park is horrible and you have to park on the street most of the time."

I am not kidding.

Rockin Robin
04-07-2008, 02:52 PM
Yeah because parking at the McDonalds on Clark St. for a Cubbies game is a dream.

Who needs parking lots?

Chicken Dinner
04-07-2008, 03:04 PM
Who needs parking lots?

WSI...:D:

moochpuppy
04-07-2008, 03:18 PM
Probably has never been south of the Eisnehower.

Give that poor guy this:

Parking
Day of game cost to park at U.S. Cellular Field Lots is $17 (2006). Fans paying cash may park in lots E, F or L.
Exit I-94 (Dan Ryan Expressway) from either direction at 35th street.
From the north, go straight on Wentworth to 37th street. Turn right on 37th street. Follow parking personnel's instructions into the parking lots.
From the south, turn left onto 35th street and follow over expressway. Turn left onto Wentworth. Go straight on Wentworth to 37th street. Turn right on 37th street. Follow parking personnel's instructions into the parking lots.
Note: In the event that the 35th street exit is temporarily closed due to heavy traffic, please follow these alternate instructions.
From the north, exit at 39th street and turn right onto 39th street. Follow signs for alternate routes to Sox Parking.
From the south, exit at 31st street and turn left onto 31st street. Follow 31st street over the expressway and turn left onto Wentworth. Go straight on Wentworth to 37th street. Turn right on 37th street. Follow parking personnel's instructions into the parking lots.

Now here is Wrigley's

Parking
The Cubs operate and supervise a parking lot located at 1126 W. Grace St. Parking passes can be purchased through the mail or in person at the Wrigley Field box office.

Parking around Wrigley Field is heavily restricted. In some areas close to Wrigley Field parking is not allowed on the streets without a resident permit sticker showing on your car's windshield. During night games there is no parking allowed on any of the streets in the Wrigleyville area without a resident permit sticker showing on your car's windshield.

Several businesses around Wrigley Field sell parking on gameday. However parking anywhere around Wrigley Field is tough anytime. Your best option is to use public transportation by taking the CTA Red Line Train to the Addison stop.

Hmm....which one would be easier?

bryPt
04-07-2008, 03:44 PM
Actually, it was a female.

SoxNation05
04-07-2008, 04:32 PM
Well that explains why the directions were so terrible.

moochpuppy
04-07-2008, 04:33 PM

Was she giving or receiving?

voodoochile
04-07-2008, 04:34 PM
Well that explains why the directions were so terrible.

Yes, because women always suck at giving directions...:rolleyes:

Get a clue...

nysox35
04-07-2008, 06:25 PM
Was she giving or receiving?

This is just too easy...:D:

kaufsox
04-08-2008, 12:28 AM
I just overheard a fellow employee (who just so happens to be an a-typical cub fan) giving directions to another employee on how to get to US Cellular for the home opener today:

"I would take I-55 to Midway and park in Midway's lot, then jump on the train to Sox Park. The parking at the park is horrible and you have to park on the street most of the time."

I am not kidding.

That's hilarious. I always park on the street and it is ten times easier around USC than Wrigley.

bryPt
04-08-2008, 07:39 AM
What is worse? She was giving directions to another cub fan, so this cub fan and 3 other cub fans could sit in a luxury suite at the home opener of the Sox. Nothing like 4 cub fans taking tickets away from Sox fans. Let's see what they say about the park and game today. Any bets they didn't even watch it?

Madscout
04-08-2008, 11:59 AM
What is worse? She was giving directions to another cub fan, so this cub fan and 3 other cub fans could sit in a luxury suite at the home opener of the Sox. Nothing like 4 cub fans taking tickets away from Sox fans. Let's see what they say about the park and game today. Any bets they didn't even watch it?

Probably had their six beers, 3 hot dogs, and nachos, and left in the sixth.

bryPt
04-08-2008, 12:59 PM
They did leave early. One said it was an awesome game and much more exciting than any game she has been at in Wrigley. She liked the fireworks and said the stadium was way better than wrigley. There is hope yet.

scarsofthumper
04-10-2008, 10:57 AM
Isn't parking $22 now this year?

soxfan13
04-10-2008, 11:14 AM
Isn't parking $22 now this year?

Yes it is.