PDA

View Full Version : 1983 Division Clincher

300bowler
04-07-2008, 12:42 PM
Hey Sox fans,

Just wanted to bring your attention to a new video on the wonderful website fuzzymemories.tv. It is the bottom of the ninth inning of the 1983 Division Clincher and includes the locker room celebration as well. I have to say it's Awesome!:gulp:"MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM Beer!" Homer Simpson

mrwag
04-07-2008, 09:22 PM
Very cool!

What's with Hawk's sweater? ROFL

Lip Man 1
04-07-2008, 10:04 PM
Fuzzy also has up now the home movies I sent him from June 1972. Harry's in the center field bleachers, Dick Allen hits his famous Taco Game home run, Harry interview's Bobby Murcer before the game and lots of fan shots.

Lip

JoeClutch24
04-07-2008, 10:21 PM
My English teacher that thinks he knows everything thought the Sox sucked in 83

VeeckAsInWreck
04-08-2008, 11:03 AM
Fuzzy also has up now the home movies I sent him from June 1972. Harry's in the center field bleachers, Dick Allen hits his famous Taco Game home run, Harry interview's Bobby Murcer before the game and lots of fan shots.

Lip

Hey Lip,

I saw that on Fuzzy's site, that was some very cool footage. Thanks for sharing that with us.

hsnterprize
04-09-2008, 01:10 AM
I was 11 years old when I saw this event. Thanks for letting us know about this footage. It was the first time in my lifetime a major Chicago team (other than the Sting, who won the NASL "Soccer Bowl" in 1981 and another NASL championship in 1984) won a championship of any kind. The sad thing is...I remember watching CBS "The NFL Today" shortly before the series vs. Baltimore, and everyone on the set (i.e., Brent Musberger, Irv Cross, and Phyllis George) picked the Sox to win except Jimmy "The Greek" Snyder. Jimmy said the Orioles would beat the White Sox despite the Sox winning 99 games back in 1983. And wouldn't you know it...he was right.

Curse you Tito Landrum...curse you!!!!!

It was great to see fans running on the field to celegrate back then. It was common for fans to fun on the field and celebrate a championship won at home until the early 90's. I'd seen this in Los Angeles, New York, Boston, and other cities almost all the time. I felt it was about time a Chicago team gave its fans a chance to do that here, and thank God...the White Sox did just that.