PDA

View Full Version : Today's Line-Up

MCHSoxFan
04-07-2008, 08:31 AM
I was watching CSN SportRise and they had this thing about all of the changes to the field (Bricks, leather seats in the Bullpen Sports Bar, ST HOF, etc.) They had a shot of the scoreboard in LF. It was most likely a test. However, they did have a line-up on it. This will MOST likley be our starting line-up for today (Home Opener):

Swisher LF
Uribe 2B
Dye RF
Konerko 1B
Thome DH
AJ C
Crede 3B
Cabrera SS
Quentin CF

Now, this could have been just a test on the socreboard to see if everyting is running just fine. However, this does look like a REAL OD line-up and the shots were taken yester day at the field.

SEE YA TODAY! BTW: If you want to talk to me, I will be in 140 row 7 seats 1-2 on the 139-140 aisle. See ya!!! GO WHITE SOX!!! YEEESSS!!!

palehozenychicty
04-07-2008, 08:32 AM
Quentin in CF? :?:

oeo
04-07-2008, 08:33 AM
I was watching CSN SportRise and they had this thing about all of the changes to the field (Bricks, leather seats in the Bullpen Sports Bar, ST HOF, etc.) They had a shot of the scoreboard in LF. It was most likely a test. However, they did have a line-up on it. This will MOST likley be our starting line-up for today (Home Opener):

Swisher LF
Uribe 2B
Dye RF
Konerko 1B
Thome DH
AJ C
Crede 3B
Cabrera SS
Quentin CF

Now, this could have been just a test on the socreboard to see if everyting is running just fine. However, this does look like a REAL OD line-up and the shots were taken yester day at the field.

SEE YA TODAY! BTW: If you want to talk to me, I will be in 140 row 7 seats 1-2 on the 139-140 aisle. See ya!!! GO WHITE SOX!!! YEEESSS!!!

This won't be the lineup.

The lineup will probably look the same way as it has since Thursday (excluding Saturday).

Quentin in CF? :?:

They were showing the new attractions on SportsNite, and this was the lineup that was up on the board at the time of the taping. Means absolutely nothing. We're not going to see Quentin CF, and we definitely will not be seeing Uribe batting in the 2-slot.

Scottiehaswheels
04-07-2008, 08:33 AM
Uribe batting 2nd instead of Cabrera?

Kogs35
04-07-2008, 08:34 AM
it was a test run, that may have the right people but its the wrong lineup

Brian26
04-07-2008, 08:35 AM
That cannot be correct. One of the reasons for acquiring Cabrera was his higher OBP than Uribe, so why would Uribe get moved to the 2-hole? Quentin in CF makes no sense, and neither does two lefties hitting next to each other (Thome and AJ).

chisoxwschamps05
04-07-2008, 08:36 AM
I'm pretty sure that this isn't going to be the Opening Day lineup. Uribe batting 2nd with Orlando in the 8 hole?:scratch: Thome 5th with Dye 3rd?(I know we've done it in years past, but why change it after we've won a few in a row.:scratch: Just doesn't seem right to me.

MCHSoxFan
04-07-2008, 08:36 AM
Sorry if this is sooo wrong. It just looked real and very, very interesting.

oeo
04-07-2008, 08:38 AM
Sorry if this is sooo wrong. It just looked real and very, very interesting.

Chuck Garfein even mentioned that this likely wasn't going to be what we would see. It was just a test run. They also had the scores up from the final game last year on the out-of-town scoreboard...

What gave you the idea that it looked real? Was it Uribe batting second, or Quentin in CF?

DumpJerry
04-07-2008, 08:59 AM
On the Midnight showing of Sportsnite, Kerry Sayles said it was TEST. I repeat: A TEST. One more time: A TEST.

LoveYourSuit
04-07-2008, 09:02 AM

Swisher LF
Uribe 2B
Dye RF
Konerko 1B
Thome DH
AJ C
Crede 3B
Cabrera SS
Quentin CF

Take the TV off MUTE, they explained to you right there and then.

Over By There
04-07-2008, 09:03 AM
Man, the Ozzie haters would have a field day with that lineup.

russ99
04-07-2008, 09:58 AM
Considering Ozzie took out some of the regulars at the end of the game last night, we should have our "A" lineup in today. Plus that 3pm start helps a bit with the late night arrival.

Sox "A" Lineup:

CF - Swisher
SS - Cabrera
DH - Thome
1B - Konerko
RF - Dye
C - Pierzynski
LF - Quentin
3B - Crede
2B - Uribe

Jurr
04-07-2008, 10:00 AM
Considering Ozzie took out some of the regulars at the end of the game last night, we should have our "A" lineup in today. Plus that 3pm start helps a bit with the late night arrival.

Sox "A" Lineup:

CF - Swisher
SS - Cabrera
DH - Thome
1B - Konerko
RF - Dye
C - Pierzynski
LF - Quentin
3B - Crede
2B - Uribe
Damn, that's a scary lineup. :bandance:

btrain929
04-07-2008, 10:16 AM
Damn, that's a scary lineup. :bandance:

Plenty of defense and offense. Very balanced if I may say so myself.

I just pray Contreras will just be average this year. If he's average, we're going to be at the top of this division.

Danks I expect a great year from, and Floyd is our #5, so I don't think he can disappoint too much. 11 wins and a 5.2 ERA would be ok, even though he has the capabilities to do better.

Plus, with this team hitting a ton better and a deeper bullpen, that can only result in the wins for Buehrle and VazKKKKKuez to skyrocket.

FedEx227
04-07-2008, 10:33 AM
Man, the Ozzie haters would have a field day with that lineup.

Well come on... Uribe in the 2-hole. That's a cookie for us haters. :D:

harwar
04-07-2008, 10:33 AM
It doesn;t make sense for so many reasons but here's the most important .. "You never **** with a winning streak"

btrain929
04-07-2008, 10:41 AM
It doesn;t make sense for so many reasons but here's the most important .. "You never **** with a winning streak"

Yes.

Chicken Dinner
04-07-2008, 11:53 AM
Monday, April 7, 2008

Opening Day Lineup
Swisher, CF; Cabrera, SS; Thome, DH; PK, 1B; Dye, RF; AJ, C; Quentin, LF; Crede, 3B; Uribe, 2B. Vazquez pitching.

http://whitesoxpride.mlblogs.com/