PDA

View Full Version : This was the game for Parque to pitch in...

Tragg
04-27-2002, 06:25 PM
I have nothing against parque - we could really use another veteran in the starting rotation if he can get his stuff back - I hope he makes it. But, like shaun lowe, you pay the price if you dare bruise the ego of Kenny Manuel.

What is it with Reinsdorf general managers? Krause insisted he was the genius behind the bulls: in the last 3 years he has done nothing but prove that he is an abject incompetent as the team hasn't improved a lick
Same thing here. The Sox exist for the purpose of assuaging the emotions and egos of kenny manuel.

baggio202
04-27-2002, 06:32 PM
Originally posted by Tragg
I have nothing against parque - we could really use another veteran in the starting rotation if he can get his stuff back - I hope he makes it. But, like shaun lowe, you pay the price if you dare bruise the ego of Kenny Manuel.

What is it with Reinsdorf general managers? Krause insisted he was the genius behind the bulls: in the last 3 years he has done nothing but prove that he is an abject incompetent as the team hasn't improved a lick
Same thing here. The Sox exist for the purpose of assuaging the emotions and egos of kenny manuel.

great points.

soxtalker
04-27-2002, 07:26 PM
Much has been made (not officially -- by fans and perhaps some sportswriters) of Sean Lowe being in the KW doghouse. We traded three other pitchers to Pittsburgh -- Fogg, K. Wells, and Guerrier. Many fans think that we paid too much, but I'm not trying to start that debate again. I'm just curious -- do we know if any of these other pitchers also were in trouble with KW? I'm particulary interesed if anyone has any insight regarding Guerrier, since he was probably the farthest from the major league roster.

Nellie_Fox
04-28-2002, 03:13 AM
Putting Parque in a game that is totally out of reach tells you nothing. You need to see what he looks like in a situation that means something. Should that have been his first appearance? Maybe not, but you have to find out eventually. What he does in a game like today's would tell you absolutely nothing.

Bmr31
04-28-2002, 04:36 AM
Originally posted by Nellie_Fox
Putting Parque in a game that is totally out of reach tells you nothing. You need to see what he looks like in a situation that means something. Should that have been his first appearance? Maybe not, but you have to find out eventually. What he does in a game like today's would tell you absolutely nothing.

Great points nellie. I just wonder if Parque should be with the sox at all.....

doublem23
04-28-2002, 09:50 AM
Originally posted by Bmr31

Great points nellie. I just wonder if Parque should be with the sox at all.....

In a word.... No.

:butter
Wahh! But then I'll have to go to IHOP and eat peanut butter and jelly sandwiches like the rest of the slobs! Wahh! Wahh!

GASHWOUND
04-28-2002, 12:47 PM
Originally posted by Nellie_Fox

Yeah, but we needed a 'mop-up' guy for this game. Instead we were forced to use Osuna, Marte, and Glover(our best 3 middle arms in the pen) in a blow-out game like this. We needed someone like parque to go 5 or so innings in a game like this instead of arms that might not be so fresh for todays game if its close.
At least he could've gotten some work in against major league hitters and show us what he's got in a "close to a starting situation' if he pitched 5 innings. So I disagree, this is a sort of game you bring in butter, in a blow out game. And if he pitched well, you could consider bringing in him in a tight ballgames. If not, we know where he belongs...in the minors, or the mop up man.

duke of dorwood
04-28-2002, 12:53 PM
We just have too many "short" guys right now. No one dependable to keep us in a game when the starter goes out early like yesterday.

GASHWOUND
04-28-2002, 01:02 PM
Originally posted by duke of dorwood
We just have too many "short" guys right now. No one dependable to keep us in a game when the starter goes out early like yesterday.

I agree, especially Osuna..he's really short :smile:

Buta guy like Barcelo would've been a good guy to bring in a game like this, but he's in the minors...Uhh, why was he sent down again?

doublem23
04-28-2002, 01:09 PM
Originally posted by GASHWOUND

Buta guy like Barcelo would've been a good guy to bring in a game like this, but he's in the minors...Uhh, why was he sent down again?

http://sports.yahoo.com/images/sports/mlb/players/5/5867/pit_bar.png

voodoochile
04-28-2002, 01:40 PM
Originally posted by doublem23

http://sports.yahoo.com/images/sports/mlb/players/5/5867/pit_bar.png

That would do it...

I also want to make a point about what Nellie said...

It may not tell you much, but it doesn't risk as much as JM did Friday night also. They should have let Parque work his way back slowly like every other pitcher they have. Throwing him into a tight game and allowing him to throw it away was the wrong thing to do, period. He could have been used in mop-up duty yesterday and then given an inning here and there in games where one team was up by 5 or more runs until he found his groove and got used to facing big league hitters again. Then when he was fully acclimatized he could have been used in closer games or allowed to make a spot start...

I am not worried about out bullpen. Tomorrow is an off day, so they all should be available today if needed. I doubt they will be as I expect both Ritchie and the offense to come out smoking today. They should be ticked off and this team plays better when it has an edge...