PDA

View Full Version : Some WSI Members Have Been Emailing Ozzie

Corlose 15
04-07-2008, 06:40 AM
http://www.suntimes.com/sports/baseball/whitesox/881124,CST-SPT-ssep07.article

Apparently Ozzie fought to bring Anderson north.

He's also got some concerns about Toby Hall.

santo=dorf
04-07-2008, 06:51 AM
I'm glad he's getting the message about these two players, although not with the Mike North way of calling him racist.

Hey Ozzie, if you're going to talk about Ramirez's great ST, why not Anderson's? :?:

spawn
04-07-2008, 08:08 AM
Hey Ozzie, if you're going to talk about Ramirez's great ST, why not Anderson's? :?:
My guess is he was defending starting Ramirez, his point being he didn't start him because he's hispanic. he started him because of the spring he had.

kevingrt
04-07-2008, 10:20 AM
http://www.suntimes.com/sports/baseball/whitesox/881124,CST-SPT-ssep07.article

Apparently Ozzie fought to bring Anderson north.

He's also got some concerns about Toby Hall.

I was a big fan of the Toby Hall deal two years ago. And even with the arm injury last year I still thought he could be a solid back up catcher. I am starting to wonder though. And the fact we don't really have much in the way of catching in AA or AAA scares me as well.

Thome25
04-07-2008, 10:26 AM
I avoided posting that article because I didn't want to assume that it was WSI members who emailed Ozzie.

Even though we've seen WSI members who have posted similar sentiments to those emails, I think your title is wrong, irresponsible, and lacks hard evidence.

FedEx227
04-07-2008, 10:29 AM
I was a big fan of the Toby Hall deal two years ago. And even with the arm injury last year I still thought he could be a solid back up catcher. I am starting to wonder though. And the fact we don't really have much in the way of catching in AA or AAA scares me as well.

I think Cole Armstrong will be serviceable once he's ready to take full-time duties.

Unfortunately we're in a position where you don't bring him up to backup because he still needs to learn the position. However, when the time eventually comes to part with AJ I think he'd be a fine choice.

oeo
04-07-2008, 10:34 AM
Way to stay classy, those who are sending nasty e-mails (not saying it's anyone here). Sending an e-mail with your frustrations is one thing, calling him a 'Venezuelan piece of ****' and a racist is another. If Ozzie was a racist, he would have been fired the day he was hired.

oeo
04-07-2008, 10:38 AM
I'm glad he's getting the message about these two players, although not with the Mike North way of calling him racist.

Why didn't he mention Quentin's either? :scratch:

I swear, some of you just search for ways (and sometimes make stuff up) to defend Brian Anderson

Jurr
04-07-2008, 10:49 AM

I swear, some of you just search for ways (and sometimes make stuff up) to defend Brian Anderson
Well, the way Quentin is hitting, Anderson and Owens might as well get ready to pick out some splinters.

gobears1987
04-07-2008, 10:54 AM

Mike North has no room to even think about calling anyone a racist.

kittle42
04-07-2008, 10:54 AM
Well, the way Quentin is hitting, Anderson and Owens might as well get ready to pick out some splinters.

And I hope he keeps it up. Although the laughability of the Anderson debate would be missed when I, well, need a laugh.

Corlose 15
04-07-2008, 11:48 AM
I avoided posting that article because I didn't want to assume that it was WSI members who emailed Ozzie.

Even though we've seen WSI members who have posted similar sentiments to those emails, I think your title is wrong, irresponsible, and lacks hard evidence.

The title is in jest. I was saying that its people from WSI because I've seen posts here that both say Ozzie favors latino players and hates BA.

WhiteSox5187
04-07-2008, 12:50 PM
I once emailed Ozzie and asked him why he didn't wear stirrups anymore. Other than that, I haven't really felt compelled to offer Ozzie any advice. He seems to know what he's doing.

Irishsox1
04-07-2008, 01:02 PM
I once emailed Ozzie and asked him why he didn't wear stirrups anymore. Other than that, I haven't really felt compelled to offer Ozzie any advice. He seems to know what he's doing.

Did Ozzie get back to you with an answer?

WhiteSox5187
04-07-2008, 01:04 PM
Did Ozzie get back to you with an answer?
No, hahaha. I think it was in like August of '06 and then I emailed him again in July of '07 so I think he might have been a little pre-occupied.

santo=dorf
04-07-2008, 05:20 PM

I apologize. I thought the article mentioned something about Anderson barely making the team, not Quentin, and Ramirez having to play in the lineup because of his great spring.