PDA

View Full Version : My Rant

Viva Magglio
04-27-2002, 05:25 PM
:angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry:
It's one thing to lose ballgames, and this will only be our second loss in a row since Seattle (if this holds up). But this is absolutely inexcusable. What the hell is going on in Oakland? I do not think I have ever seen a worse pitching performance in one inning by a White Sox pitching staff than I have this third inning of today's game. Four home runs? Than cannot be defended, not even those among you who are the most ardent apologists for whenever anything goes wrong. What the hell was wrong with Buehrle? Was he doing his Jaime Navarro routine? I know it's only one game, but I do not like this at all.

We are facing a pitcher whose ERA coming into today is over 11. The guy is not Curt Schilling for Christ's sake! Yet, most of our batters are looking like little girls in their plate appearance against this guy. I know this is only one game, but I question whether their heart is into the game when stuff like this happens.

We play an 162-game schedule, and I require our players' hearts to be into the game 162 times per season. I am not saying we will win every game with our hearts into the game, but there is not excuse for what we are seeing today. This is where I have a real problem with Jerry Manuel. Jerry is a good man and have overall done a decent job managing our team. Nevertheless, I don't think our manager lights a good enough fire under our team, especially when we face adversity. I want someone who will bitch out the team in the locker room after a game like this. We don't need a madman like Bob Knight or a short-temered nincompoop like Terry Bevington, but someone is a master psychologist that knows which buttons to push and when. I think Lou Pinella is the best example of this kind of manger.

Paulwny
04-27-2002, 05:38 PM
I don't know who said this but, I find it's often true.
"You're not as good as you look when you're winning. You're not as bad as you look when you're losing".

Kilroy
04-27-2002, 05:57 PM
Originally posted by Paulwny
I don't know who said this but, I find it's often true.
"You're not as good as you look when you're winning. You're not as bad as you look when you're losing".

Agreed. The A's are in a zone today. Like MJ was against Portland when he scored 35 in the first half. He couldn't miss. The same is true of the A's today.

The Sox kinda look like they have conceded, but they're smoking the ball, only right to defenders.

baggio202
04-27-2002, 06:16 PM
these kinda games happen even to the best of teams...you just blow them off...what pisses me off is this is our 2nd loss in a row because of moroninc managing last night..i like jerry manuel..i respect him and think he has done a very good job..but he just gave last nights game away using parque...how many people said "oh ****' last night when parque came in???..we could have won 4-2 last night had we gone to osuna instead of parque...then this would just be the 1st loss and tommorrow the rubber match..instead we have to beat their ace just not to get swept..

manuel deserves a serious ass chewing

SOXSINCE'70
04-27-2002, 06:39 PM
:firenardi

"Once again,I ask this question:
WHY THE %*$# DO i HAVE A JOB?!?!BEUHRLE AND CO.MAKE MIKE FYHRIE LOOK LIKE CURT FREAKIN' SCHILLING!!!!!
END MY MISERY.PLEASE FIRE MY ASS NOW!!!!!LENNY HAS NO IDEA WHAT HE'S DOING.HELP ME PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!!!"

Kilroy
04-27-2002, 06:43 PM
Originally posted by SOXSINCE'70
:firenardi

"Once again,I ask this question:
WHY THE %*$# DO i HAVE A JOB?!?!BEUHRLE AND CO.MAKE MIKE FYHRIE LOOK LIKE CURT FREAKIN' SCHILLING!!!!!
END MY MISERY.PLEASE FIRE MY ASS NOW!!!!!LENNY HAS NO IDEA WHAT HE'S DOING.HELP ME PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!!!"

Where were you during the win streaks? If you got nothing to say then, you should shut up now.

And be real, Nardi isn't makin Sox bats turn Fyhrie in to an all star.

CLR01
04-27-2002, 06:46 PM
Originally posted by Kilroy

Where were you during the win streaks? If you got nothing to say then, you should shut up now.

And be real, Nardi isn't makin Sox bats turn Fyhrie in to an all star.

Agreed. Buehrle just had a bad day, im sure Nardi doesnt spend a whole lot of time worrying about Buehrle. He will bounce back.