PDA

View Full Version : KW threatens to sue Canseco

Fenway
04-06-2008, 01:27 PM
The Sun Times this morning has harsh words from KW

http://www.suntimes.com/sports/baseball/whitesox/879787,CST-SPT-sside06.article

Jose tells WEEI this morning...."I hope Kenny is stupid enough to sue. He knows I have proof."

goon
04-06-2008, 01:33 PM
http://sportswrap.berecruited.com/wp-content/uploads/2007/06/jose.jpg

Does anyone know where I can get this shirt?

DickAllen72
04-06-2008, 01:48 PM
Talk about biting the hand that fed you. KW gave Canseco a break by letting him back into the major leagues when no one else wanted him.

So Jose injected Maggs with steroids and the GM was supposed to know? I don't buy it. Jose and Maggs could have been butt buddies for all I know, but how is that KW's fault? Is he supposed to know everything his players do?

There certainly was not evidence by increased size and stats that steroids were prominantly used by Sox players in 2001.

MarySwiss
04-06-2008, 01:54 PM
Talk about biting the hand that fed you. KW gave Canseco a break by letting him back into the major leagues when no one else wanted him.

So Jose injected Maggs with steroids and the GM was supposed to know? I don't buy it. Jose and Maggs could have been butt buddies for all I know, but how is that KW's fault? Is he supposed to know everything his players do?

There certainly was not evidence by increased size and stats that steroids were prominantly used by Sox players in 2001.

Yeah, but I really hope KW just lets it drop now. He didn't run and hide from Canseco's remarks, and that's good enough. Canseco no doubt welcomes any excuse that keeps fanning the flames and gives him more publicity. Don't give him one, Kenny.

DickAllen72
04-06-2008, 02:03 PM
Yeah, but I really hope KW just lets it drop now. He didn't run and hide from Canseco's remarks, and that's good enough. Canseco no doubt welcomes any excuse that keeps fanning the flames and gives him more publicity. Don't give him one, Kenny.
I agree with you 100%. The last thing KW, the Sox or us Sox fans need is for KW and the Sox to be dragged down into this crap and have all the negative publicity while the real culprits enjoy the distraction.

Over By There
04-06-2008, 02:04 PM

Canseco has proved to be one of the few players out there that have been honest about steroids, but he's still pathetic. Don't know if anyone at WSI posted this when it came out, but there was a good piece on Deadspin about him written by Pat Jordan. Worth a read.

Chasing Jose (http://deadspin.com/372409/chasing-jose-by-pat-jordan)

Fenway
04-06-2008, 02:09 PM
Canseco has proved to be one of the few players out there that have been honest about steroids, but he's still pathetic. Don't know if anyone at WSI posted this when it came out, but there was a good piece on Deadspin about him written by Pat Jordan. Worth a read.

Chasing Jose (http://deadspin.com/372409/chasing-jose-by-pat-jordan)

A Boston columnist unloads on him as well

Too much juice for Jose
As usual, his lack of defense is a real joke
(http://www.bostonherald.com/sports/columnists/view.bg?articleid=1084946&srvc=sco&position=4)

jabrch
04-06-2008, 02:15 PM
Talk about biting the hand that fed you.

I'm surprised Kenny is getting into it with Jose. Canseco has lots of dirt on lots of players. I don't see any upside to this for Williams. That said, keeping quiet has never been his strong suit.

I'm not concerned much about this. I'm much more concerned about what goes on between the white lines.

chisox77
04-06-2008, 02:23 PM
Whether it serves him well or not, KW will always respond to things of this nature. I don't think he can help it. It's part of who he is. He believes in hitting back, even harder, no matter how inappropriate and petty it may seem to others.

:cool:

Scottiehaswheels
04-06-2008, 02:46 PM
Whether it serves him well or not, KW will always respond to things of this nature. I don't think he can help it. It's part of who he is. He believes in hitting back, even harder, no matter how inappropriate and petty it may seem to others.

:cool:It's a direct slam on our organization/team? How is that petty? If someone takes it as truth, it casts a pall over our organization... Sorry I don't see how it can be considered petty. Especially since this in an org. trying to fight for the hearts and $ of many Chicagoans and others who live outside the area...

Brian26
04-06-2008, 03:34 PM
Argh, sorry to see Kenny make one of the most common grammatical mistakes in that Sun-Times article...

Kenny said...''I could care less what Canseco says."

DickAllen72
04-06-2008, 03:44 PM

:cool:
In this case It's not petty.

Anyway, I admire Kenny for not taking any **** from anyone.

santo=dorf
04-06-2008, 04:01 PM
Argh, sorry to see Kenny make one of the most common grammatical mistakes in that Sun-Times article...

Kenny is always right. I suppose you could do better Mr. Internet English professor.

I was bothered by that too, but didn't want to be the one that quoted the article. :tongue:

gogosox16
04-06-2008, 04:14 PM
Canseco is such a jack ass and I can't believe he had anything to do with the Whitesox and what an (Mod Edit: Just type the word - that's why we have filters in the first place) trying to get other players in trouble

LoveYourSuit
04-06-2008, 04:24 PM
Canseco is such a jack ass and I can't believe he had anything to do with the Whitesox and what an ass hole trying to get other players in trouble

I have to disagree. Although for his best interest to sell books and publicity, Jose was the only guy to rat on this entire faternity. He opened up a can of worms that no one had the balls to do so.

And Kenny just needs to let it go. Worry about our team and let this thing go. He was doing a great job at it until now. Any little dirt Jose has on our team he can take public and people will believe it because of the track record on some of Canseco's facts.

I was thinking this the other day, does Canseco fear for his life when out in public?

It's Dankerific
04-06-2008, 04:30 PM
I was thinking this the other day, does Canseco fear for his life when out in public?

If that story about him not drinking the coffee left for him at a book signing unless he knew exactly who made it was true, it seems like he DOES fear for his life.

ksimpson14
04-06-2008, 06:37 PM
sigh, I listened to a little sports radio this morning, after both baseball shows finally stopped their Cubs talk, this subject was the only Sox talk I heard. Blood could be on a lot of GM's hands right now, pretty much every GM in the league, do people really care anymore?

ksimpson14
04-06-2008, 06:37 PM
If that story about him not drinking the coffee left for him at a book signing unless he knew exactly who made it was true, it seems like he DOES fear for his life.

I would think he should, but then I don't know why he's out and about doing book signings

DickAllen72
04-06-2008, 07:06 PM

I've always refrained from commenting on this one but since I'm bored waiting for the game to start.....

The proper phrase of course is "I couldn't care less..." when the point is to that one does not care much at all about the topic.

However, if one is using sarcasm, then one can say, sarcastically, "I could care less!" and the meaning is the same.

Viva Medias B's
04-06-2008, 09:05 PM
KW surely will be surrounded by media tomorrow on this issue alone. It will be interesting to see what he says.

Gremlin3
04-07-2008, 12:01 AM
I've always refrained from commenting on this one but since I'm bored waiting for the game to start.....

The proper phrase of course is "I couldn't care less..." when the point is to that one does not care much at all about the topic.

However, if one is using sarcasm, then one can say, sarcastically, "I could care less!" and the meaning is the same.

Kenny speaks in teal