PDA

View Full Version : Gene Honda

MCHSoxFan
04-06-2008, 09:25 AM
Because he usually does the NCAA Men's Championship game, will he be doing PA tomorrow? I hope he is. Opening Day is just NOT the same without him. Hell, any other game without him sucks. Not only is he GREAT and the other guy (forgot his name) just SUCKS!!! He is also actually very, very nice and very, very funny. Over the years, we have become good friends. This also due to the fact that I want to work up there is the video board room.

If anybody, thanks so much and see you tomorrow!

GO SOX...YEEESSS!!!

Chilli Palmer
04-06-2008, 09:30 AM
Gene will be in San Antonio tomorrow and will miss the opener, in the past Tom Shaer has filled in.

MCHSoxFan
04-06-2008, 09:32 AM
Gene will be in San Antonio tomorrow and will miss the opener, in the past Tom Shaer has filled in.

Man! Today and OD already are some-what suck. We better win! :angry:

Chilli Palmer
04-06-2008, 09:41 AM
Man! Today and OD already are some-what suck. We better win! :angry:

You know Prozac is available for those who qualify.

tick53
04-06-2008, 09:53 AM
Honda good and all but I don't see what difference it makes. I don't go to games to hear the house announcer. I go to watch a baseball game.

HomeFish
04-06-2008, 09:55 AM
Gene Honda wasn't at Opening Day 2005 and that turned out pretty OK.

Frontman
04-06-2008, 12:16 PM
Honda good and all but I don't see what difference it makes. I don't go to games to hear the house announcer. I go to watch a baseball game.

It's just that his voice is so associated with seeing Home Games. If the Sox come home with a winning record, I'm pretty sure most of us won't even notice who's on the house mike.....

http://www.sportznutz.com/columns/fan_speaks_out/images_2/pic_mike_north.jpg
"What if I was up dere, Front?"

Ok, maybe I would care then.

And sell my tickets.

If I could find a buyer.

:wink:

ksimpson14
04-06-2008, 05:32 PM

I find it very noticeable.

And it was a real shame on Ring Day, hearing Shaer announce all the players and everything, wasn't what it could've been

chisoxmike
04-06-2008, 10:07 PM
Gene Honda wasn't at Opening Day 2005 and that turned out pretty OK.

2005!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! GRINDERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Shaer sucks.

LoveYourSuit
04-06-2008, 10:26 PM
4-2 Sox and the Gene Honda thread has so much tension.....Geez!

Frontman
04-06-2008, 10:45 PM
Sox fans going at each other over Gene?

Thank God noone brought up Nancy's lack of playing night games.......

:hawk

"Dagummit, Front. Why'd you have to go and do that? MERCY!"