PDA

View Full Version : ATTN: SOX Army

Andy T Clown
04-05-2008, 10:18 PM
Lets vote for the SOX on this Bears site survey: :cool:
http://www.chicagobears.com/

Viva Medias B's
04-05-2008, 10:22 PM
I should point out that the Bears are allied with the Cubs against us. It has been that way for decades, dating back to when George Halas drove the Chicago Cardinals to St. Louis.

LITTLE NELL
04-06-2008, 04:50 AM
I should point out that the Bears are allied with the Cubs against us. It has been that way for decades, dating back to when George Halas drove the Chicago Cardinals to St. Louis.
I was a Cardinal fan, please explain what Halas did to drive the Cards to St. Louis. By the way I was at their last game at Soldier Field.

asg2003ws2005
04-06-2008, 07:18 AM
I was a Cardinal fan, please explain what Halas did to drive the Cards to St. Louis. By the way I was at their last game at Soldier Field.it was the bidwells.

turners56
04-06-2008, 03:09 PM

Plus the bear needs to take care of its offspring...

CLR01
04-06-2008, 03:11 PM
I voted for the Bears bcause Rexy is so damn sexy.

Viva Medias B's
04-06-2008, 04:26 PM
I was a Cardinal fan, please explain what Halas did to drive the Cards to St. Louis. By the way I was at their last game at Soldier Field.

I should point out that George Halas was not solely responsible for driving the Big Red out of Chicago, but he helped. Charles Bidwell's widow, Violet, along with her second husband, Walter Wolfner, were the main people responsible for the move. After lease negotiations with Comiskey family reached an impasse, the Big Red attempted to move the team to Dyche Stadium in Evanston. George Halas stopped them dead in their tracks by invoking an old agreement that the Cardinals would not play home games north of Madison Street without his approval. Obviously, the last thing Halas wanted was for the Cardinals to be playing at Northwestern where the Big Red could have prospered. Hence, the Big Red made the disasterous move to Soldier Field for the 1959 season. And, after that, Violet accepted a sweetheart deal from St. Louis to move the Cardinals there.

Halas wanted the Cardinals out of town because a) the cut in on his business and b) Bears road games could not be broadcast in Chicago. Usually, one team was at home and the other was on the road in a given week. The home team's game was broadcast on CBS locally while the road team's game was blacked out. Halas wanted greater exposure for his Bears and felt with the Cardinals gone he could get that with Bears road games being broadcast in Chicago.

Also, Halas was at the "helm" of a (quasi) anti-Cardinals smear campaign in the media. He rewarded sportswriters who said positive things about the Bears in conjunction with harsh and judgmental things about the Cardinals. Halas also often left off the Bears' press game pass list the names of sportswriters who dared to stick up for the Big Red.

Scottiehaswheels
04-06-2008, 04:42 PM
Also, Halas was at the "helm" of a (quasi) anti-Cardinals smear campaign in the media. He rewarded sportswriters who said positive things about the Bears in conjunction with harsh and judgmental things about the Cardinals. This kinda thing happens in Chicago? I'm SHOCKED! It's a good thing that doesn't happen anymore. :tongue:

MarySwiss
04-06-2008, 04:48 PM
I should point out that George Halas was not solely responsible for driving the Big Red out of Chicago, but he helped. Charles Bidwell's widow, Violet, along with her second husband, Walter Wolfner, were the main people responsible for the move. After lease negotiations with Comiskey family reached an impasse, the Big Red attempted to move the team to Dyche Stadium in Evanston. George Halas stopped them dead in their tracks by invoking an old agreement that the Cardinals would not play home games north of Madison Street without his approval. Obviously, the last thing Halas wanted was for the Cardinals to be playing at Northwestern where the Big Red could have prospered. Hence, the Big Red made the disasterous move to Soldier Field for the 1959 season. And, after that, Violet accepted a sweetheart deal from St. Louis to move the Cardinals there.

Halas wanted the Cardinals out of town because a) the cut in on his business and b) Bears road games could not be broadcast in Chicago. Usually, one team was at home and the other was on the road in a given week. The home team's game was broadcast on CBS locally while the road team's game was blacked out. Halas wanted greater exposure for his Bears and felt with the Cardinals gone he could get that with Bears road games being broadcast in Chicago.

Also, Halas was at the "helm" of a (quasi) anti-Cardinals smear campaign in the media. He rewarded sportswriters who said positive things about the Bears in conjunction with harsh and judgmental things about the Cardinals. Halas also often left off the Bears' press game pass list the names of sportswriters who dared to stick up for the Big Red.

Just so we're clear, Viva: Maricopa County had nothing to do with it? :tongue:

(I hope that was teal; this monitor sucks.)

asg2003ws2005
04-06-2008, 05:17 PM
Lets vote for the SOX on this Bears site survey: :cool:
http://www.chicagobears.com/
dont see no survey

DumpJerry
04-06-2008, 05:58 PM
dont see no survey
If your English writing skills match your English reading skills, it's no wonder you did not see the survey which is plain as day on the home page.