PDA

View Full Version : Nice game for Ryan Sweeney tonight

JermaineDye05
04-05-2008, 12:05 AM
3-3 with an rbi against the Indians. Nice to see Ryan doing well, although I am slowly forgetting about him with the emergence of Carlos Quentin.

JermaineDye05
04-05-2008, 12:10 AM
I think I may have made a dreadful mistake and Mike Sweeney may have had those numbers :redface:. I forgot there were 2 sweeney's on the A's.

EDIT: It is Ryan who is 3-3 tonight, close call.

JGarlandrules20
04-05-2008, 01:02 AM
Wow. He ended up going 4-4. Way to go Ryan!! :smile:

FarWestChicago
04-05-2008, 07:24 AM
KW should be fired and stripped of all income the Sox ever paid him for trading this guy.

Craig Grebeck
04-05-2008, 08:06 AM
KW should be fired and stripped of all income the Sox ever paid him for trading this guy.
Who said that West? No one. Not every thread praising an ex-Sox is going to turn into some hyperbolic slobfest.

FarWestChicago
04-05-2008, 08:11 AM
Who said that West?I did.

wealz07
04-05-2008, 12:03 PM
I saw a couple of Sweeney's at-bats last night and the A's have tinkered with his stance. He's wiggling his bat now instead of it being perfectly still while he waits for the pitch. He hit two line drives to the opposite field. Rarely did he ever hit the ball with that kind of authority when he was with us.

I was begging for someone in the Sox organization to make this adjustment with him, but it never happened. Who's our minor league hitting coordinator?

oeo
04-05-2008, 12:05 PM
I saw a couple of Sweeney's at-bats last night and the A's have tinkered with his stance. He's wiggling his bat now instead of it being perfectly still while he waits for the pitch. He hit two line drives to the opposite field. Rarely did he ever hit the ball with that kind of authority when he was with us.

I was begging for someone in the Sox organization to make this adjustment with him, but it never happened. Who's our minor league hitting coordinator?

Quentin will be better than him, so it's moot. We have our corner outfielders of the future.

BTW, the only adjustment you saw was a little 'wiggle' of the bat?

Elephant
04-05-2008, 12:15 PM
I was never crazy about corner OF's with no power. Hit .320 and we'll talk.

areilly
04-05-2008, 12:57 PM
3-3 with an rbi against the Indians. Nice to see Ryan doing well, although I am slowly forgetting about him with the emergence of Carlos Quentin.

I'm not sure 2 games is a large enough sample to declare an "emergence."

getonbckthr
04-05-2008, 02:40 PM

It might be a situation where Ryan is seeing this as his final real good oppertunity to make an impact and he is now more open and borderline desperate to change and adjust.
Quentin will be better than him, so it's moot. We have our corner outfielders of the future.

BTW, the only adjustment you saw was a little 'wiggle' of the bat?
It seems minor but that wiggle could loosen him up and quicken his swing or add more balance to it.

Chicken Dinner
04-05-2008, 03:06 PM
At least it was against the tribe!! :D:

hawkjt
04-06-2008, 08:01 PM
Saw him get another single today that led to the go ahead run for the A's.
Next time up he made and out and the Indians announcer said...''finally, we get ryan sweeney out in this series''

I liked the kid and to me it might be a change in scenary or new eyes with his technique ...I think he will be successful in Oakland..he looks like a west coast player.

Grzegorz
04-06-2008, 10:34 PM
I liked the kid and to me it might be a change in scenary or new eyes with his technique ...I think he will be successful in Oakland..he looks like a west coast player.

What does a "west coast" player look like?

oeo
04-06-2008, 11:14 PM
Saw him get another single today that led to the go ahead run for the A's.
Next time up he made and out and the Indians announcer said...''finally, we get ryan sweeney out in this series''

I don't think he needed a change of scenery, he's just young. I bet he'd be doing the same here...

You act as if his career has started off like BA's.

I've always thought Sweeney would be fine, but again, we got Swisher as one of our future OFs, as well as Quentin...so losing Sweeney won't sting a bit.

FedEx227
04-07-2008, 01:24 AM
Who said that West? No one. Not every thread praising an ex-Sox is going to turn into some hyperbolic slobfest.

I suppose he just got it out of the way early.

goon
04-09-2008, 12:36 AM
Sweeney hit a triple to put the A's up tonight against the Jays. He now has 7 hits in 16 AB's for Oakland.

hawkjt
04-09-2008, 03:20 AM
Yea, the kid is ripping it up so far. I just hope he doesn't beat us too much in the future. And that he doesn't turn out to be an all-star. It's early, lets see how it goes.