PDA

View Full Version : *Official* Sox Offense and Bulpen get it done

gogosox16
04-04-2008, 04:16 PM
great game by the offense and great job by the bulpen:bandance:

MushMouth
04-04-2008, 04:17 PM
That makes for a niiiice Friday afternoon. Good to see Linebrink and Dotel pitch well!

RedHeadPaleHoser
04-04-2008, 04:17 PM
Linebrink - Awesome!!!

AJ - go after that batting title!

JD - game saving catch!!

Tigers - 0-4!!!! :D:

:bandance::bandance::bandance::bandance:

gogosox16
04-04-2008, 04:18 PM
great game, and it makes it even better for our bulpen do so well and also having Detroit 0-4:bandance:

pdimas
Our starting pitching is starting to make me a little nervous. But it is nice to see us produce offensively for the most part.

doublem23
Back to work, everyone!

Uncle_Patrick
Great job by the bullpen and AJ!

stl_sox_fan
Love the win. Would have liked not using so much of the pen today with Floyd going tomorrow.

hi im skot
:winner

JUribe1989
04-04-2008, 04:19 PM
0-4

CHUMPS!

Great to see Linebrink pitching so well, I love him in the 8th inning.

Mr.1Dog
Good stuff!!! Here's to you AJ.:gulp: Keep working for that batting title.

itsnotrequired
AJ is da man

gogosox16
04-04-2008, 04:20 PM
I See .400 batting average for AJ this

BadBobbyJenks
We are so not even close to being in the same league as Detroit....

I love having a bullpen.

Mr.1Dog

Care to finish that sentence? :redneck

StrTrkker
04-04-2008, 04:21 PM
AJ...You sooooo good. Way to go guys...Lets get another win tomorrow.:bandance:

hawkjt
AJ in postgame interview...hang in there with Jose..he pitched better as the game went along...nice teammate AJ!

AJ says he is always a horrible starter but not so far this year...all good,AJ.

13 hits...I like that.

Time to feast on Willis and verlander and then on to the twins newbies.

russ99

Doesn't A.J. and Kenny have some kind of running gag about A.J. winning the batting title?? :D:

gogosox16
Care to finish that sentence? :redneck
year:tongue:

doublem23
Love the win. Would have liked not using so much of the pen today with Floyd going tomorrow.

I would think the only guys who are truly unavailable for tomorrow's game are Jenks and Linebrink. Logan hadn't thrown since Opening Day and Dotel only faced one batter yesterday.

Masset, Thornton, and *ugh* MacDougal are all OK to go tomorrow, too.

WhiteSox5187
04-04-2008, 04:22 PM
THAT is winning ugly. Great job by the bullpen, best bullpen ever? and good job by the offense. THe only real offensive snag was that base running blunder by Crede. And Jose looked just awful. Just awful.

RockJock07
Really nice job by the bullpen, if we can get the starters to pitch a little longer, and then have Dotel, Linebrink, Jenks close it out then things may be ok.

I still think Crede is an assclown, bad baserunning, but a great game all around today, I'm really impressed by this team.

Come on Gavin tomorrow!

SouthSideSid
He looked in great shape in Spring and it looks like that is carrying over to the season.

I'll drink to that.:gulp:

LoveYourSuit
winning day baseball makes my evenings so much better, I FEEL GOOD !

gogosox16
04-04-2008, 04:23 PM
winning day baseball makes my evenings so much better, I FEEL GOOD !
makes me not have to moan about losing all day

turners56
I was surprised Jose could make it past the 5th, he looks like 1st half 2005 Jose all over again, at least he's not 2007 Jose.

Now on the good note, Quentin looked great, AJ is hitting the crap out of the ball, the middle of the lineup is producing, Dotel and Linebrink are looking like great signings, and Swisher is drawing walks like a mad-man. I just want to see Cabrera get some more hits in clutch situations, he hasn't done that yet. I love the defense, but he needs to do better at the plate.

hawkjt
Only a game and a half behind those royals...not dead yet.

Seriously, opening day would be even better with a winning streak..go get'em gavin and MB...

russ99
04-04-2008, 04:24 PM
I would think the only guys who are truly unavailable for tomorrow's game are Jenks and Linebrink. Logan hadn't thrown since Opening Day and Dotel only faced one batter yesterday.

Masset, Thornton, and *ugh* MacDougal are all OK to go tomorrow, too.

Linebrink? He had 2 quick outings and nothing the 2 games before. He should be able to go tomorrow or Sunday.

I hope Ozzie saves Dotel to close things out tomorrow.

btrain929
:hawk "I looooove spelling errors in the title of game-winning threads on WSI!"

Navarro's Talent
And that's a White Sox winner!

Great to see the bullpen pitch well today. Logan gets his first win of the year.

The hitting was good. If AJ were to win the batting title, that would be one heck of a great surprise.

It was not a great outing for Contreras, but I'm not 100% worried yet. Even Mark had a bad game this week, so let's see where Jose is after a few more starts.

gogosox16
Only a game and a half behind those royals...not dead yet.

Seriously, opening day would be even better with a winning streak..go get'em gavin and MB...
it would be great to come home 4-2.....people would be going crazy (well I would just for us doing so well against the teams that are suppose to be the top in the Central)

SOXPHILE
04-04-2008, 04:25 PM
AAAH .500 ! Been so long I hardly knew ye' !

Jjav829
04-04-2008, 04:26 PM
Nice to see the offense come alive today. A.J. is really locked in. Quentin looks good at the plate. It's nice to see the bullpen get the job done.

Back to .500. :bandance::D:

hi im skot
04-04-2008, 04:26 PM

Hey now, he was in a hurry to get his post count up. :cool:

kevingrt
04-04-2008, 04:27 PM
Almost all positives, minus some suspect starting pitching, going into the weekend. I luve it. And there isn't many things better then watching the Tiggers falter early.

Sox83Kid
04-04-2008, 04:27 PM
A.J. was on fire today! It was good to see Paulie get something going too.

Two in a row--WOO HOO!! :bandance::bandance:

PatK
04-04-2008, 04:28 PM
It was not a great outing for Contreras, but I'm not 100% worried yet. Even Mark had a bad game this week, so let's see where Jose is after a few more starts.

Same here.

Remember, it was cold out there.

Plus, he throwing sidearm most of the time. If he can get out of that habit, I don't think we need to worry.

goon
04-04-2008, 04:29 PM
Logan
Dotel
Linebrink
Jenks

Do we actually have a bullpen?...and an offense? Let's see if they can keep it up, but I like the energy.

cheezheadsoxfan
04-04-2008, 04:29 PM
Way to go AJ. Hope I can see Dye's catch on a highlight reel. Going to the home opener, can't wait!:bandance:

gogosox16
04-04-2008, 04:30 PM
Hey now, he was in a hurry to get his post count up. :cool:
you know I was.:tongue:

areilly
04-04-2008, 04:31 PM
AAAH .500 ! Been so long I hardly knew ye' !

308 days to be exact. I feel so full of...what's the opposite of losing?

Wining?

No, not that far from losing.

Less losing?

Yeah!

[/Simpsons reference]

turners56
it would be great to come home 4-2.....people would be going crazy (well I would just for us doing so well against the teams that are suppose to be the top in the Central)

Better yet, Detroit would be 0-6. Wait until ESPN showcases the supposed #1 team on paper of 2008 on Sunday Night Baseball.

Heffalump
I would just like to say that if Ozzie starts Hall for AJ for any of the games over the weekend, he needs a beatdown.......AJ is absolutely killing the ball!

IlliniSox4Life
04-04-2008, 04:32 PM
Only caught part of the game, but it looked pretty good. AJ looks great to start the season. It's also hard to judge a pitcher based on their first outing. Hopefully it was just a bad start by Jose and he settles down a bit now that the season has started, but who knows.

gogosox16
04-04-2008, 04:32 PM
Better yet, Detroit would be 0-6. Wait until ESPN showcases the supposed #1 team on paper of 2008 on Sunday Night Baseball.
And their 0-5 at the time and about to be 0-6:bandance:

JohnTucker0814
04-04-2008, 04:33 PM

Our Bullpen has only had one loss... that's why it's spelled with only 1 "l"

bigsoxfan420
From what I could tell (watching via gamecast) the bulpen did a great job to recover from a bad Contreras start. I hope he can shape up for the long hall. I did get to see the first couple innings and he did throw some good pitches (when it was on, his cutter look devistating).

DickAllen72
AJ in postgame interview...hang in there with Jose..he pitched better as the game went along...nice teammate AJ!

AJ says he is always a horrible starter but not so far this year...all good,AJ.

13 hits...I like that.

Time to feast on Willis and verlander and then on to the twins newbies.

AJ is a winner. One of the most imortant and under-rated players on the Sox the past few seasons.

Great win!

Two questions I have: Why was Contreras dropping down with his arm slot so much today? I watched the game on TV and it seemed obvious to me but I didn't hear Hawk or DJ mention it at all. Can anyone who listened to the radio tell us if Stone or Farmer noticed this? Contreras is lights out when he stays over the top and gets in trouble the more he drops down. Is he injured or is it all mental?

Secondly, I always thought Orlando Cabrera was an excellent if not above average fielder at SS. Has his performance dropped off, is he always a slow starter, or am I just spoiled from watching Uribe at SS the past few years?

Anyway, "Let's Go White Sox!" :gulp:

gogosox16
04-04-2008, 04:34 PM
Our Bullpen has only had one loss... that's why it's spelled with only 1 "l"
Thank you:smile:

hi im skot
04-04-2008, 04:34 PM
you know I was.:tongue:

:redneck

Cuck the Fubs
04-04-2008, 04:36 PM
Nice game all the way around:smile:

turners56
04-04-2008, 04:37 PM
And their 0-5 at the time and about to be 0-6:bandance:

No they're 0-4, but with Gavin "Cy against Detroit" Floyd going tomorrow, it wouldn't surprise me for them to be 0-5 by the time Sunday comes around.

russ99
04-04-2008, 04:37 PM
Secondly, I always thought Orlando Cabrera was an excellent if not above average fielder at SS. Has his performance dropped off, is he always a slow starter, or am I just spoiled from watching Uribe at SS the past few years?

Yes, Cabrera's an excellent SS. Maybe it's adjusting to a new team, but he has been a bit off in the early going. Maybe the early-season cold weather could be a factor too. He has been playing out west the last few years.

And he's from the Southside.... Columbia. :D:

Swisher's been a bit off as well, but the walks help.

SoxSpeed22
04-04-2008, 04:38 PM
AJ continues his hot streak.
The bullpen holds down the Tigers lineup.
Linebrink is a very nice change from the Sox bullpen last year, he throws strikes and gets people out.
2 game winning streak, let's keep it up.

gogosox16
04-04-2008, 04:39 PM
No they're 0-4, but with Gavin "Cy against Detroit" Floyd going tomorrow, it wouldn't surprise me for them to be 0-5 by the time Sunday comes around.
Someone was saying that ESPN would could be showing a team that they predicted to win it all to be 0-5 by Sunday and I was saying that we would make them 0-6 after the game Sunday

gogosox16
04-04-2008, 04:40 PM
Yes, Cabrera's an excellent SS. Maybe it's adjusting to a new team, but he has been a bit off in the early going. Maybe the cold weather could be a factor too. He has been playing out west the last few years.

And he's from the Southside.... Columbia. :D:

Swisher's been a bit off as well, but the walks help.
give them time, they will be fine

russ99
04-04-2008, 04:41 PM
give them time, they will be fine

Yep. Way too early. Like my Konerko comment yesterday.

DickAllen72
04-04-2008, 04:41 PM
Yes, Cabrera's an excellent SS. Maybe it's adjusting to a new team, but he has been a bit off in the early going. Maybe the cold weather could be a factor too.
I hope that's it. I advocated that the Sox trade for him early on. When they made the deal for Garland I was pleased because even though I hated to see Garland go, I thought Cabrera was just the kind of player they needed.

So far, and I know it's very early, he doesn't look anything like the player I always thought he was. I hope it's just the cold weather or that he is just a slow starter.

pdimas
04-04-2008, 04:43 PM
AJ is a winner. One of the most imortant and under-rated players on the Sox the past few seasons.

Great win!

Two questions I have: Why was Contreras dropping down with his arm slot so much today? I watched the game on TV and it seemed obvious to me but I didn't hear Hawk or DJ mention it at all. Can anyone who listened to the radio tell us if Stone or Farmer noticed this? Contreras is lights out when he stays over the top and gets in trouble the more he drops down. Is he injured or is it all mental?

Anyway, "Let's Go White Sox!" :gulp:

Stoney did mention it as he had before. (He had said before that Jose looked like he was going to be better coming out of Spring Training because he wasn't throwing the ball sidearm style as much as last year.) Right after Stoney said something Jose throw the ball over the top for a strike.

turners56
04-04-2008, 04:43 PM
I hope that's it. I advocated that the Sox trade for him early on. When they made the deal for Garland I was pleased because even though I hated to see Garland go, I thought Cabrera was just the kind of player they needed.

So far, and I know it's very early, he doesn't look anything like the player I always thought he was. I hope it's just the cold weather or that he is just a slow starter.

John Danks is the next Jon Garland.

TDog
04-04-2008, 04:48 PM
AJ is a winner. One of the most imortant and under-rated players on the Sox the past few seasons. ...

As someone who has suggested the White Sox need a better catcher, I have to agree. I haven't been giving him enough credit.

As the plate, catchers usually fall off later in the season after the grind of catching during the hot summer wears them down. That is why it's important to have a good defensive backup catcher, preferably one that can hit a little bit -- ideally a Ron Karkovice.

RTI_SoxFan
04-04-2008, 04:59 PM
I've taken an unexpected hiatus from WSI the past 2 weeks. My company has implemented a ban on all "sports" websites I'm guessing due to March Madness. We were only allowed 10 minute increments at a time for 60 minutes per day. It's hard to read all the great posts and comment on them all in a ten minute span.

I had to follow games on another chatsite because apparently they aren't a "sports" site but it just wasn't the same. Actually it was very similar in Crede and Uribe bashing... :D:

Anyways, I'm glad to be back as the "ban" has been lifted (I think) and extremely happy to see back to back White Sox winners.

GO SOX! Bring out the brooms!

SOXPHILE
04-04-2008, 05:06 PM
308 days to be exact. I feel so full of...what's the opposite of losing?

Wining?

No, not that far from losing.

Less losing?

Yeah!

[/Simpsons reference]

Homer : "heh heh heh...who won ? The losers ?...

Bart: "Ummm, no dad, they actually lost."

Homer: "Heh heh heh...Losers !"

chisox77
04-04-2008, 05:06 PM
Keep it going, White Sox. Keep winning games any way possible. Offense was great today, and the bullpen was strong.

Good job today!

:cool:

MCHSoxFan
04-04-2008, 05:07 PM
AJ is da man

Yes! Yes he is! I loved him since April 4, 2005!

SOX WIN! YEEESSS!!! ALSO, THE TIGERS ARE 0-4!!! YEESSS!!!

2008 TIGERS=2003 TIGERS?!?! :D:

AnkleSox
04-04-2008, 05:08 PM
Damn feels good to win two in a row. Feels like we haven't done that since the first half of 06 :smile:

Hendu
04-04-2008, 05:08 PM
Awesome job again by the bullpen. Not so much by Jose, but all that matters is we came out in the end.

mccoydp
04-04-2008, 05:17 PM
Good win today...great hitting by AJ, Dye, Konerko, and the HR by Quentin.

Jose needs to ride the pine, but the bullpen did do a great job.

Keep the wins coming!

kittle42
04-04-2008, 05:30 PM

We're going to be saying this all year. Just fill in X for the pitcher's name.

btrain929
04-04-2008, 05:35 PM

I think he has a lot more potential to be a greater SP than Jon Garland. No teal.

Railsplitter
04-04-2008, 05:39 PM
5 RBI from Crede. Now, more hits with guys on base.

:bandance::bandance:

thomas35forever
04-04-2008, 05:44 PM
Keep it up, AJ! The more our rivals dispise you, the better.:redneck

gogosox16
04-04-2008, 05:53 PM
Keep it up, AJ! The more our rivals dispise you, the better.:redneck
Just Don't let Vincette Padilla every catch you on the streets:redneck

JB98
04-04-2008, 06:04 PM
Winning ugly!

It wasn't the cleanest game in the world, but we were able to keep the Tigers down. Let's kick some sand in their faces tomorrow!

HomeFish
04-04-2008, 06:06 PM
Winning ugly!
Let's kick some sand in their faces tomorrow!

Um, have you seen the pitching matchup? Gavin Floyd v. the D-Train? It's laughably loopsided in Detroit's favor. I don't care what Gavin did in September during garbage time, or what troubles Willis has had during spring training, it's still scrub v. stud.

JB98
04-04-2008, 06:12 PM
Um, have you seen the pitching matchup? Gavin Floyd v. the D-Train? It's laughably loopsided in Detroit's favor. I don't care what Gavin did in September during garbage time, or what troubles Willis has had during spring training, it's still scrub v. stud.

Willis was garbage all last year. We can win.

oeo
04-04-2008, 06:12 PM

Willis is a stud? Willis can't throw a ****ing strike. Please, HomeFish, stop embarassing yourself.

gobears1987
04-04-2008, 06:15 PM
I missed the middle innings due to class, but I was pleased with what I saw. Jose was getting squeezed so I won't give him too much crap. I want to see him bounce back.

gobears1987
04-04-2008, 06:17 PM
I See .400 batting average for AJ thisBut Homefish's graph said AJ will hit .180 this year.

DeadMoney
04-04-2008, 06:21 PM
I love day game W's. It makes the rest of the day that much better.

And, I'd like to say tht Ozzie isn't getting enough credit (and I will hold my breath that this remains). The same lineup has been trotted out there day after day (allowing for a rhythm to be established), and the bullpen has defined roles. We haven't seen any of the Lefty/Lefty or Righty/Righty matchup **** yet and that's GREAT (because I always hated that to begin with).

Winning vs. Detroit: Always Fun.

gobears1987
04-04-2008, 06:27 PM

Yes and AJ will bat .180 this year and .150 next year. Afterall, your stupid graph said so.:rolleyes:

churlish
04-04-2008, 06:31 PM
Yes and AJ will bat .180 this year and .150 next year. Afterall, your stupid graph said so.:rolleyes:

Trade him now.

chisoxfanatic
04-04-2008, 06:31 PM
I had this one on Gamecast while I was at work for a while. This team has owned Detroit the last few years, so it's nice for them to continue the trend into this year. Beating Detroit is fun...and it drives those guys at Motownsports crazy...lol!

AJ's having a great start out of the gate. Great for him!

Jurr
04-04-2008, 07:07 PM
I absolutely LOVE the way we're seeing the Sox bridge Dotel and Linebrink to the 9th. Linebrink looked awesome today.

Contreras was having trouble with his pace and his grip all friggin' day, and that was scaring me. Hopefully the weather had something to do with it. He kept missing the forkball high or he'd throw it in the dirt. He's HAS to stop with the laboring. He just takes way too long to get into the next pitch, and that is very unlike what he was doing in that window from late '05 through the middle of '06. I wonder if his conditioning is something to question.

AJ apparently decided that he needs another All Star appearance this year. Holy jeez. :bandance:2 down - 94 more to go, boys!!!!!

Jurr
04-04-2008, 07:09 PM
Willis was garbage all last year. We can win.
Add in the fact that it will be his first start in the AL. He'll be all sorts of geeked. I doubt he'll last 6 innings.

Patrick134
04-04-2008, 07:26 PM

Willis is a stud only if he can time travel to 2005 before gametime. Take away his 22-10 record in 2005, and his career record is a studly 46-44. That's not even saying Floyd is better by any means, but to call Willis a stud at the present time is insane.

MarySwiss
04-04-2008, 07:28 PM
Yes! Yes he is! I loved him since April 4, 2005!

SOX WIN! YEEESSS!!! ALSO, THE TIGERS ARE 0-4!!! YEESSS!!!

2008 TIGERS=2003 TIGERS?!?! :D:

Wait a second! Aren't they scheduled to play the Cubs in the 2008 World Series? :tongue:

JB98
04-04-2008, 07:57 PM
Willis is a stud only if he can time travel to 2005 before gametime. Take away his 22-10 record in 2005, and his career record is a studly 46-44. That's not even saying Floyd is better by any means, but to call Willis a stud at the present time is insane.

Dontrelle Willis in 2007: 10-15, 5.17 ERA
Jose Contreras in 2007: 10-17, 5.57 ERA

We shouldn't "fear" Willis anymore than our opponents fear Contreras.

turners56
04-04-2008, 08:00 PM
I missed the middle innings due to class, but I was pleased with what I saw. Jose was getting squeezed so I won't give him too much crap. I want to see him bounce back.

Robertson was squeezed even more, the home plate umpire's strike zone was jumping around all day.

turners56
04-04-2008, 08:06 PM

Willis = no stud. He's pitched in Florida, one of the most spacious pitcher's parks in baseball. Now, he's coming into Comerica, another pitcher's park. However, it's the American League, with big bad designated hitters instead of a pitcher hitting .100. I doubt he can go back to the 22-10 Dontrelle Willis. He'll end up with 15 wins because of the team he plays for, but don't expect him to have a pleasant ERA.

Patrick134
04-04-2008, 08:09 PM

Great point. Also take into account that Willis was in the NL facing pitchers at bats and all around weaker offenses.

SoxxoS
04-04-2008, 08:12 PM
Carlos Quentin could be "that guy" that explodes and help lead this team to the playoffs - Every team has that guy that comes out of nowhere - Look no further than 2005 Sox with Hermansen, Jenks, Cotts, Politte, Scotty Pods...Hopefully Quentin and someone else can step up...Danks? Floyd? What happens if one of them takes not just a baby step, but a HUGE step? That is the kind of stuff that wins titles.

Lets keep it going tomorrow - Make the kittens 0-5 and really start worrying.

cws05champ
04-04-2008, 08:27 PM
Great point. Also take into account that Willis was in the NL facing pitchers at bats and all around weaker offenses.

Great to see the offense score late. I wonder if Thome will get the day off against Willis tomorrow and allow BA to play in CF, Quentin in LF and Swisher at 1B?

doublem23
04-04-2008, 08:38 PM

:darkclouds:

http://www.baseball-reference.com/w/willido03.shtml

Please, enlighten us.

MarySwiss
04-04-2008, 08:48 PM
Carlos Quentin could be "that guy" that explodes and help lead this team to the playoffs - Every team has that guy that comes out of nowhere - Look no further than 2005 Sox with Hermansen, Jenks, Cotts, Politte, Scotty Pods...Hopefully Quentin and someone else can step up...Danks? Floyd? What happens if one of them takes not just a baby step, but a HUGE step? That is the kind of stuff that wins titles.

Lets keep it going tomorrow - Make the kittens 0-5 and really start worrying.
Not only 0-5 but 0-5 against teams in their division. Sure it's early, but as everyone says, you have to beat the teams in your division.

JB98
04-04-2008, 08:48 PM
Great to see the offense score late. I wonder if Thome will get the day off against Willis tomorrow and allow BA to play in CF, Quentin in LF and Swisher at 1B?

He's going to get Ozuna and Hall in tomorrow. I would like to see Thome get some days off against lefties too. We need to try to keep Big Jim healthy for the whole year.

However, if Thome sits, I would DH Jermaine Dye and put Quentin in RF. JD battled injuries to his legs last year, and he's lost a little defensively. I'm more worried about JD than Paulie. Konerko can still play 150 games at 1B, IMO.

oeo
04-04-2008, 08:50 PM
Willis = no stud. He's pitched in Florida, one of the most spacious pitcher's parks in baseball. Now, he's coming into Comerica, another pitcher's park. However, it's the American League, with big bad designated hitters instead of a pitcher hitting .100. I doubt he can go back to the 22-10 Dontrelle Willis. He'll end up with 15 wins because of the team he plays for, but don't expect him to have a pleasant ERA.

I doubt he gets 15 wins. I bet he'll end up on the DL at some point in the year.

Dan Mega
04-04-2008, 08:51 PM
I doubt he gets 15 wins. I bet he'll end up on the DL at some point in the year.

Agreed on both counts.

sullythered
04-04-2008, 08:53 PM
Boy, our offense is waaaaaaay better than it was last year already. We didn't score 8 until the end of April last year, and we've already done it twice in four games.

And I had no idea how good Scott Linebrink could look. He throws, like, seven different pitches effectively.

Tragg
04-04-2008, 08:54 PM
Willis has had 1 year out of 5 in which he can be called a "stud". A couple of others were really good, none of which were his last 2.
We need to sweep these guys just like KC did. We're playing them when they are playing poorly, so let's take full advantage. And they may not be that great anyway - their pitching isn't the best and never has been and they have a lot of older players.

How did Quentin look at the plate? Obviously the results were good. I'm really excited about him.

whitesoxfan
04-04-2008, 08:55 PM

Well said.

Willis is THE most overrated pitcher in all of baseball. Period.

Craig Grebeck
04-04-2008, 08:59 PM
Pleeeeeeease Carlos Quentin keep playing like this so I don't have to watch Owens roll the ball to 2nd base all season.

Oldfellah
04-04-2008, 09:00 PM
And that's a WHITE SOX WINNER!!!!:bandance::bandance:

BadBobbyJenks
04-04-2008, 09:00 PM

No he will be better than Garland.

Tragg
04-04-2008, 09:04 PM
Pleeeeeeease Carlos Quentin keep playing like this so I don't have to watch Owens roll the ball to 2nd base all season.
It should be obvious....Ozzie would have to wait 3 years for Owens to have a day like Quentin did.

JB98
04-04-2008, 09:06 PM
Willis has had 1 year out of 5 in which he can be called a "stud". A couple of others were really good, none of which were his last 2.
We need to sweep these guys just like KC did. We're playing them when they are playing poorly, so let's take full advantage. And they may not be that great anyway - their pitching isn't the best and never has been and they have a lot of older players.

How did Quentin look at the plate? Obviously the results were good. I'm really excited about him.

Quentin was aggressive at the plate today. I wasn't real fond of the acquisition at first, but he's starting to grow on me. Liked what I saw in spring training, and he has been good these last two games.

I think he's going to be a good hitter for the Sox.

Soxman219
04-04-2008, 09:22 PM

Screw the Batting title, how about MVP! Let's win the series tomorrow!:bandance:

MCHSoxFan
04-04-2008, 10:13 PM
Wait a second! Aren't they scheduled to play the Cubs in the 2008 World Series? :tongue:

Ha! Nice! :D: Since the 2008 Winter Meetings I said that the 2008 American League Central Division will be between the White Sox and the Indians. Why, you may ask? THEY ARE THE MOST BALANCED TEAMS IN THE DIVISION. Detroit is really ALL about OFFENSE. Hell! They are not even doing that good enough. That, in my mind, is why they are 0-4 now. See, if you have some good pitching, you do not have to rely on the offense so much.

A TIGERS/WORLD SERIES...NO! I DO NOT THINK SO! WELL, UNLESS THAT IS YOU HAVE SOME REALLY OLD VIDEO TAPES (LIKE FROM '08...1908...!). :D:

MCHSoxFan
04-04-2008, 10:15 PM

Well, it may be different because Dillis was in the NL. NO DH. Thome is a BETTER hitter than Zabrano!!! :D:

FarWestChicago
04-04-2008, 11:01 PM
Rough day for the resident WSI Genius GM's.

itsnotrequired
04-04-2008, 11:08 PM
Rough day for the resident WSI Genius GM's.

George: Anyway, as I was lying in the puddle, I think I may have found a way for us to get Bonds and Griffey, and we wouldn't have to give up that much.

Steinbrenner: Well, don't tell it to me George, tell it to the new Assistant to the General Manager.

George: I didn't get the job?

Steinbrenner: Well, once you were dead, we couldn't just sit on our hands. We had to make a move...

BoysMom3
04-04-2008, 11:27 PM
That was such a great game! Very satisfying to watch. I have to admit I was nervous, even with a 3 run lead though, because both teams continued to hit, hit, hit, every inning. Let's keep it up!!!!:bandance::bandance:

hawkjt
04-04-2008, 11:39 PM
Twinkies beat KC so no undefeated teams left in MLB.

Sox are 1 game out of first...I knew KC would not go 162-0.

jcw218
04-05-2008, 12:58 AM
Cleveland Jndjans lost to the Oakland A's by the score of 6-3. Sox are tied for 2nd 1 game out of 1st.

Oblong
04-05-2008, 11:59 AM
I'm taking donations of tarps, bed spreads, and anything else that you think would help save the lives of those Tiger fans who are jumping out of windows. Not that I care they're leaving, more room for me at the ballpark, but I'd at least like to make sure they're ok.

:whiner:

If Jason grilli were released, do you think any team would pick him up? I've been wondering since mid 2006 why this guy is on a ML team. Konerko said they had to get to him early in the count because he has good stuff.

:scratch:

Don't patronize us Paulie. Just admit it. You guys perked up when you saw him trotting out there to start the seventh. I shut my radio off. I knew the game was over.

JB98
04-05-2008, 01:12 PM
I'm taking donations of tarps, bed spreads, and anything else that you think would help save the lives of those Tiger fans who are jumping out of windows. Not that I care they're leaving, more room for me at the ballpark, but I'd at least like to make sure they're ok.

:whiner:

If Jason grilli were released, do you think any team would pick him up? I've been wondering since mid 2006 why this guy is on a ML team. Konerko said they had to get to him early in the count because he has good stuff.

Don't patronize us Paulie. Just admit it. You guys perked up when you saw him trotting out there to start the seventh. I shut my radio off. I knew the game was over.

If the Tigers released Grilli, someone would pick him up. I don't think it would be a contending team, however.

I think your club is going to win its fair share before all this is over, but I have to seriously question whether the Tigers can get to the playoffs, and win in the playoffs, with that bullpen.

You guys need Rodney and Zumaya back in the worst way.

champagne030
04-05-2008, 01:27 PM

I didn't think he'd last this long in the league after the Sox cut him loose. I think Paulie is just being nice since I saw him and Grilli out together on more than one occasion. Grilli went back home and was actually serviceable the past two years out of the Tigers' bullpen.

JB98
04-05-2008, 06:40 PM

5-3 Sox!

Eat it, loser!