PDA

View Full Version : Fox Saturday update - game will be in HD

Fenway
04-04-2008, 01:53 PM
FOX will show every regional game in HD this year.

They haven't put up the list of what stations will have the game but White Sox - Tigers is being fed into New England instead of the Mets.

Thom Brennaman and Jose Mota will announce.

Palehose Pete
04-04-2008, 02:40 PM
Thanks for the heads-up, Fens.

Now, if only the MLB Sports Package on my Comcast Cable would broadcast its games in HD. No way am I going to pay $159 for a season's worth of games in standard def.

asg2003ws2005
04-04-2008, 02:49 PM
Thanks for the heads-up, Fens.

Now, if only the MLB Sports Package on my Comcast Cable would broadcast its games in HD. No way am I going to pay $159 for a season's worth of games in standard def.Sorry. Extra Innings in HD is a directv exclusive.

Be glad you even get it through indemand.

SoxFan78
04-04-2008, 04:39 PM
Sorry. Extra Innings in HD is a directv exclusive.

Be glad you even get it through indemand.

Some games will be in HD on Comcast, which ones though have yet to be determined.

ksimpson14
04-04-2008, 05:01 PM
InDemand does have HD games. InDemand makes up mutliple cable companies. There was a recent article that said Comcast is not going to have the HD games. I think 'not enough space' was their reason

kevingrt
04-04-2008, 06:15 PM

They haven't put up the list of what stations will have the game but White Sox - Tigers is being fed into New England instead of the Mets.

I would have pooped my pants if it wasn't in HD. Any sporting event on TV should be in HD nowadays.

DSpivack
04-04-2008, 06:37 PM

DC probably going to get Mets, so no Sox game for me tomorrow. :angry:

pudge
04-05-2008, 04:13 AM
Seattle's getting Sox/Tigers, woo hoo, can't wait to see the highly anticipated Floyd/Willis matchup!!

As for Comcast, man they suck, but frankly I think I'll spill the $159 for standard def, it's better than nothing, and I don't want to hassle with installing a satellite.

Rockin Robin
04-05-2008, 11:18 AM
UGG, I finally get a day off and the game will be blacked out on mlb.tv today.

Weak.

MarySwiss
04-05-2008, 11:22 AM

We're getting D'Backs/Rox, which at least makes sense. What bothers me is when we get something like Yankees/Orioles.

And tomorrow I get to sit back and watch the game on my big screen set in HD. Sweet, even if it does mean ESPN announcers.

Rockin Robin
04-05-2008, 11:27 AM
Oh wait Boston is getting the Sox/Tigers?

AWESOME!

Looks like laundry will wait for tomorrow.

Jjav829
04-05-2008, 01:11 PM
Chicago White Sox vs. Detroit Tigers- Thom Brennamman and Jose Mota
MARKETS INCLUDE: Boston, Chicago, Cleveland, Columbus, Dallas, Dayton, Detroit, Indianapolis, Kansas City, Louisville, Milwaukee, Minneapolis, Providence, Seattle

From Awful Announcing (http://awfulannouncing.blogspot.com/2008/04/fox-baseballs-opening-weekend.html)

ksimpson14
04-05-2008, 02:25 PM
We're getting D'Backs/Rox, which at least makes sense. What bothers me is when we get something like Yankees/Orioles.

And tomorrow I get to sit back and watch the game on my big screen set in HD. Sweet, even if it does mean ESPN announcers.

I think Arizona is getting Dodgers/Padres. Isn't the Dbacks game at night?

MarySwiss
04-05-2008, 02:31 PM
I think Arizona is getting Dodgers/Padres. Isn't the Dbacks game at night?
At night for you guys; 5 pm here. :D:

But you're right; according to the Republic, we get Dodgers/Padres and then D'Backs/Rox later.

ksimpson14
04-05-2008, 02:37 PM
oh yeah, forgot about the time zones :redface: