oh and IU sucks.

itsnotrequired
04-04-2008, 01:58 PM
oh and IU sucks.

:rolling:

Classic second post...

ohiosoxfan
04-04-2008, 04:23 PM
Mine worked fine here at work during spring training, but keeps coming up with error message since the regular season started. It works at home but not here. I was told that nothing was done to our network to prevent this from working. Anybody have any guesses? Thanks.

Whitesox029
04-04-2008, 04:25 PM
I started a thread on this a couple days ago and sent an e-mail to customer support and still don't have an answer. Good luck.

ohiosoxfan
04-04-2008, 04:34 PM
You're better off than I, I couldn't even locate a customer support anywhere on the site to complain to.

KenBerryGrab
04-04-2008, 05:01 PM
Mine has been great. You do need the latest version of Flash for it to work right.

soxgirl617
04-04-2008, 05:09 PM
I also can't get in at all. IT says nothing has changed on our network. (Fortunately one of the IT guys is a big baseball fan, so I always direct such inquiries to him!) This is my first season as a gameday audio subscriber, and it stinks. I am going to ask for my money back. (Yes, I have the latest version of Flash. I also downloaded the Microsoft Silverlight that the site directed us to do. Nothing.)

bacoltman
04-07-2008, 06:11 PM
We have not been able to make GameDay work ... I have finally sent the below letter to disenroll ,,, and it describes the problems we've been having:

Dear Sirs:
I have requested a refund for my audio subscription via your 866 number (after multiple calls and hours on the line with your tech support) .I meet all system requirements but have been unable to get it to run since opening day. (See tracking #'s 3719989/3720051/3652746/and3652516.)

The system requirements at the time I subscribed on March 12, 2008 were changed by MLB by the time of opening day arrived (as well as the media player options). As a result we have been unable to use Gameday since those changes. I feel that is a fraudulent practice, i.e., to sell a subscription with one set of requirements and media player options and then change it a few weeks later, making it un-operational for us (even though it would seem to us and your tech support staff we should be able to run it with the new requirements /media player on our secondary computer – see below)

Background info:

I subscribed to Gameday audio on March 12, 2008. Our main computer at home is an older PowerPC Mac (running OS X10.2.8) Our internet connection is cable.

At the time of the subscription we met the system requirements for Gameday audio to run on our Mac (using the older media player given as an option on the site) and in fact were able to listen to a couple of spring training games.

However, by the time opening day arrived we discovered MLB had changed the site and the media player options and we could no longer run it on the Mac as it required using Silverlight Media Player, which requires a higher Mac operating system than we have.

However I also have a Dell PC laptop with Widows XP / Explorer 7.0 so thought we could access it through that computer ….as it met all the new system requirements. We downloaded Silverlight and Gameday still doesn’t run. We can only get as far as logging in and then get a MLB window indicating they are “doing maintenance on the site …blah..blah… and apologize for the inconvenience”

We have had multiple lengthy calls with your tech support line all to no avail in getting it to run. We have checked everything they could think of (e.g. pop up windows are enabled, not going in through “favorites’, trying Silverlight beta, etc.)

I have since viewed numerous blogs on the internet that would indicate this type of problem is fairly pervasive.

Summary

Please consider this letter formal disenrollement from Gameday Audio subscription and please confirm a refund to our credit card. I tried E-mailing MLB though the “contact us” spot on the web site but have had no response.

Chicken Dinner
04-07-2008, 07:51 PM
Isn't there a little slot on the top of your monitor that you have to put a quarter in for each game in addition to the subscription? :D:

I want Mags back
04-07-2008, 09:01 PM
oh and IU sucks.

classy

BTFU
04-07-2008, 09:45 PM
classy

What do you expect. Just a little jab from a Boiler alum.

FoulkeFan
04-15-2008, 02:48 PM
Has anyone been able to get their Gameday audio to work? I subscribe to the soxprideclub just so I can get the audio for games when I'm at work and I haven't been able to get it to work yet this season. Last season it worked great.

I want Mags back
04-15-2008, 02:58 PM
mine is kinda working. It has terrible static, and is 3 pitches behind mlb gameday

FoulkeFan
04-15-2008, 03:05 PM
Thanks. I was able to get it going after I installed Silverlight. It does seem pretty staticky though.

Nellie_Fox
04-15-2008, 03:35 PM
Has anyone been able to get their Gameday audio to work? I subscribe to the soxprideclub just so I can get the audio for games when I'm at work and I haven't been able to get it to work yet this season. Last season it worked great.Mine's working just fine. You know, you can get just a gameday subscription for five bucks less than the Sox Pride Club membership.