PDA

View Full Version : Stadium Club for Split Season Tickets

comet2k
04-04-2008, 10:36 AM
I received an e-mail last night offering a split-season Stadium club membership for $550. I guess it's no longer sold out.

skottyj242
04-04-2008, 11:14 AM
I received an e-mail last night offering a split-season Stadium club membership for $550. I guess it's no longer sold out.

So 27 games for 550? No thanks. That's over 20 bucks a game. I wouldn't even pay that for 81 games. You're paying for the right to pay. It's not that cool.

Cuck the Fubs
04-04-2008, 11:27 AM
So 27 games for 550? No thanks. That's over 20 bucks a game. I wouldn't even pay that for 81 games. You're paying for the right to pay. It's not that cool.

Agreed.........150% :cool:

CubKilla
04-04-2008, 11:27 AM
What do you get with one of these passes?

itsnotrequired
04-04-2008, 11:30 AM
What do you get with one of these passes?

The privilage to go into the Stadium Club and spend even more money.

Jerko
04-04-2008, 11:34 AM
You do have to pay to pay, but split ST members can call and get passes for almost every game (probably not Cub games) at no extra cost. I love hanging up there after games waiting for the lots to clear out. Hell, just to be able to bypass the crowded bathrooms on the concourse some days is worth the 550 to me. Plus on normal days (non Cub, Yankee or Red Sox games), it's nice to go up there if it's 20 degrees, raining, or 100 degrees outside. I think it's worth it. Been a member for years.

comet2k
04-04-2008, 11:39 AM
You do have to pay to pay, but split ST members can call and get passes for almost every game (probably not Cub games) at no extra cost. I love hanging up there after games waiting for the lots to clear out. Hell, just to be able to bypass the crowded bathrooms on the concourse some days is worth the 550 to me. Plus on normal days (non Cub, Yankee or Red Sox games), it's nice to go up there if it's 20 degrees, raining, or 100 degrees outside. I think it's worth it. Been a member for years.

So $550 is the usual price for split seasons? Any idea what is is for a full season? With either, do you get passes for every game you have tickets for?

LoveYourSuit
04-04-2008, 11:48 AM

With already so many other premium sections in the ballpark (club level, Jim Beam, Scouts, etc), I think the Sox could provide something a bit more useful to the casual fan in that area. When the stadium was plain vanilla when opened, the Stadium Club was a big deal. Watching a game from there is horrible to begin with.

Turn that thing over to a full time sports bars, and allow operating hours to go beyond an hour past game time unlike the bullpen bar. Close it down at 2AM like normal bars around the city. Fans are desparate for a good establishment around the park.

-

Jerko
04-04-2008, 12:02 PM
So $550 is the usual price for split seasons? Any idea what is is for a full season? With either, do you get passes for every game you have tickets for?

Yes, that is the usual price. IIRC it's a grand for a full season.

Split plan = 4 passes for all the games in your package.

Full plan = 4 passes for every game, and a "master" pass as well. (can get 4 people in with that IIRC).

Jerko
04-04-2008, 12:08 PM
With already so many other premium sections in the ballpark (club level, Jim Beam, Scouts, etc), I think the Sox could provide something a bit more useful to the casual fan in that area. When the stadium was plain vanilla when opened, the Stadium Club was a big deal. Watching a game from there is horrible to begin with.

Turn that thing over to a full time sports bars, and allow operating hours to go beyond an hour past game time unlike the bullpen bar. Close it down at 2AM like normal bars around the city. Fans are desparate for a good establishment around the park.

-

I rarely use it during the games, but a lot of times I get there early and/or stay late, and it comes in handy. They renovated it this year so I'd like to see how that came out. Scout seats are great, but you can't see the field AT ALL from the scout lounge and they stop serving after the 7th inning and are not open after the game IIRC.

I agree with you on the 2nd paragraph of your post. I've always thought the bullpen bar at least should be open year round.

comet2k
04-04-2008, 12:21 PM
Yes, that is the usual price. IIRC it's a grand for a full season.

Split plan = 4 passes for all the games in your package.

Full plan = 4 passes for every game, and a "master" pass as well. (can get 4 people in with that IIRC).

Thanks. It's more than I can afford, but it sounds like a nice perk to have and a good way to treat friends and guests.

skottyj242
04-04-2008, 12:25 PM
The privilage to go into the Stadium Club and spend even more money.

Credit card only, no cash.

Law11
04-04-2008, 12:35 PM
stadium club is so over rated by some anyway. When the park first opened it was like oohhh the stadium club, now its actually once place I couldnt care less about being in unless the weather is terrible.

itsnotrequired
04-04-2008, 12:40 PM
Credit card only, no cash.

The best part about paying with a credit card is that it doesn't feel like real money.

soxfan21
04-04-2008, 05:38 PM
I received thi email as well yesterday, and was hoping that since I have the 27 game plan, which is 1/3 of a full season plan, that the cost of the Stadium Club would be 1/3 of the price of the normal Stadium Club price. If this was true I probably would get one, but not for half price.

skobabe8
04-04-2008, 07:09 PM

-

I would love for that to happen, but I bet it makes too much money still. The view sucks up there compare to other premier seating areas, but other parks have almost the exact same 'stadium club' type area in similar sections of their ballparks. I can think of Cle, Mil, Cincy off the top of my head.

LoveYourSuit
04-04-2008, 09:15 PM
I would love for that to happen, but I bet it makes too much money still. The view sucks up there compare to other premier seating areas, but other parks have almost the exact same 'stadium club' type area in similar sections of their ballparks. I can think of Cle, Mil, Cincy off the top of my head.

I think they would make a ton more money as a sports bar operating all day on game days and closing at 2AM.

The biggest mistake they made was not putting this thing on the LF corner isntead of RF. Had it been in LF you could open it year round as a sports bar on 35th street with the entrance on the corner of 35th and Wentworth right off the Dan Ryan. That would have looked very nice with some sort of Grand Entry (would remind me of the bar at Miller Park and Comerica).

asg2003ws2005
04-05-2008, 12:38 AM
In 2003, the split season Stadium Club cost was $250.

skobabe8
04-05-2008, 12:44 AM
I think they would make a ton more money as a sports bar operating all day on game days and closing at 2AM.

The biggest mistake they made was not putting this thing on the LF corner isntead of RF. Had it been in LF you could open it year round as a sports bar on 35th street with the entrance on the corner of 35th and Wentworth right off the Dan Ryan. That would have looked very nice with some sort of Grand Entry (would remind me of the bar at Miller Park and Comerica).

You think they would? I assumed with the price of just buying the membership they would come out ahead.

The 35th st. entrance would have been great, btw. I still think they should make a grand entrance there.

asg2003ws2005
04-05-2008, 01:01 AM
You think they would? I assumed with the price of just buying the membership they would come out ahead.

The 35th st. entrance would have been great, btw. I still think they should make a grand entrance there.
They apparently spent the remainder of the Us Cellular money, so it may have to wait a while longer.

soxrepublican
10-18-2008, 06:23 PM
Do you know if they will offer stadium club this year for split season tickets? I only get up there 5-6 times a year, but would love it for all 27 games.