PDA

View Full Version : Cubs minor league pitcher nailed with 50-game suspension

doublem23
04-03-2008, 10:41 PM
RE: Steriods.

http://www.pjstar.com/php/index.php?/sports/new_york_chiefs_pitcher_suspended_50_games_for_pos itive_steroid_test/

Have at, Cub haters!

steely712
04-04-2008, 03:34 AM
Do these idiots still think that they are going to get away with this crap? Don't they watch T.V.? Like everyday you hear someone new getting caught or accused of this stuff, how stupid are these guys?

Frontman
04-04-2008, 07:25 AM
Being a Cubs player aside; how stupid can you be considering how MLB is watching for stuff like this like a Hawk

:hawk
"Yeeeeeeeeeeuuuuuuus!"

Viva Medias B's
04-04-2008, 07:30 AM
The pitcher's name is Robert Hernandez of Pete Vonachen's Peoria Chiefs. I think I may take this further to the Cubune Headline thread.

Pods4455
04-14-2008, 10:50 AM
Sorry but minor league teams need to be testing a lot more for steroids- my ex did steroids and was a first round pick for a major league team- I know for a fact he took oral steroids durring the offseason... I even met the kid who sold them to him... he didnt go out of his way to hide it from me but since we lived in different states anyways he didnt go out of his way to NOT hide it from me either..

I know of a LOT of minor leaguers in that paticular organization (as im sure its the same in other organizations as well) who took oral steroids becuse it only stays in your system for 3 days... funny because my ex gained close to 40 lbs (and was only 6% body fat) in an offseason and is org STILL never tested him for roids--- even when he sat our nearly an entire season in High A for pulling a hammy over and over again AND back muscle spasms/tightness.

But I guess the org didnt want to waste the nearly 3 Mil they spent on him..

dumbasses.

Mohoney
04-14-2008, 04:48 PM
IIRC, Stanozolol is the steroid linked to Bonds, Clemens, and Palmeiro.

soltrain21
04-15-2008, 12:22 AM
Sorry but minor league teams need to be testing a lot more for steroids- my ex did steroids and was a first round pick for a major league team- I know for a fact he took oral steroids durring the offseason... I even met the kid who sold them to him... he didnt go out of his way to hide it from me but since we lived in different states anyways he didnt go out of his way to NOT hide it from me either..

I know of a LOT of minor leaguers in that paticular organization (as im sure its the same in other organizations as well) who took oral steroids becuse it only stays in your system for 3 days... funny because my ex gained close to 40 lbs (and was only 6% body fat) in an offseason and is org STILL never tested him for roids--- even when he sat our nearly an entire season in High A for pulling a hammy over and over again AND back muscle spasms/tightness.

But I guess the org didnt want to waste the nearly 3 Mil they spent on him..

dumbasses.

I was hoping you dated Joe Borchard, but he signed for five million. Out of curiosity, and don't give a name obviously, but is he still playing, and at what level?

I had no idea "oral steroids" existed. Is it just a pill?

rdwj
04-15-2008, 08:02 AM

Yes - they are in pill form. Those are the most common type and are also the worst ones for your body since they are digested. They are pretty hard on your liver and kidneys.

white sox bill
04-15-2008, 10:02 AM
Yes - they are in pill form. Those are the most common type and are also the worst ones for your body since they are digested. They are pretty hard on your liver and kidneys.

The oral we are speaking of is know as Winstrol, a relatively weak oral. Most orals like DBOL or Anadrol 50 are high in 17-alpha alkylated chemicals, which in high dosages, can be rather toxic to the liver.

Pods4455
04-15-2008, 11:35 AM
I was hoping you dated Joe Borchard, but he signed for five million. Out of curiosity, and don't give a name obviously, but is he still playing, and at what level?

yupp. i was staying with him over christmas break (was in college at the time) and he was going to the gym... took all his creatin shakes and protien supplements and then walked into his room where i was watching tv...pulled a bottle of pills out of his dresser and wrapped his entire hand around the bottle... i asked him what he was taking and he toldme "just vitamins"

After he left I lookedat the bottle (which he had put BACK IN THE SAME PLACE I SAW HIM GET IT OUT OF!)... and the entire lable was in Spanish.. not to mention there was a picture of a DOG on it..

I got online and googled the name of it and all these forums for anabolic steroids came up.. This was in the 06 offseason so I cant even remember the name of the pills he was taking...

And yes- he's still playing. The 06 season he spent in High-A, then that offseason he spent rehabbing.. the 07 season he spent in High-A again- and last offseason he spent @ winterball and instructs and ended up getting sent hom from both because he was in such bad shape (pulling muscles).. this season he started out in High-A and is now in AA.

He was a first rounder right out of HS-- a HUGE DEAL for a while-- all over Baseball America and what not... but he's barely mentioned anymore because he was drafter quite a while ago and hasn't made it out of AA.

Pods4455
04-15-2008, 11:43 AM
The oral we are speaking of is know as Winstrol, a relatively weak oral. Most orals like DBOL or Anadrol 50 are high in 17-alpha alkylated chemicals, which in high dosages, can be rather toxic to the liver.

the anadrol sounds realllllllly familiar--- I almost want to say thats what he was taking... i wish i could remember...i was j/so mad at him when i found out that i dont remember much else about them