PDA

View Full Version : Joe and Juan and John post game thread...

voodoochile
04-03-2008, 02:33 PM
Sox Win!

:supernana:

palehozenychicty
04-03-2008, 02:34 PM
:winner:

Thank the Lord!

RedHeadPaleHoser
As Guillote called them, away with the savages.

Nice work by Linebrink and BBBJ. :bandance::bandance::bandance:

white sox bill
Thats win #1....94 to go

kittle42
Wow! Three of our maligned bums win the game!

The offense looked like 2007 the last two days, but the pitching today was brilliant. Escaped with a win. Let's keep the Tigers down tomorrow.

Mr.1Dog
Fantastic...Nice outing by Danks!:bandance:

oeo
Great job by Danks, Dotel, Linebrink, Joe, and Bobby.

This team still lives on the solo homerun, which is really disappointing. Dye really needs to move to LF and play at the track.

And can we ever get Danks a victory?

KenBerryGrab
Joe! Crede!

jenn2080
04-03-2008, 02:35 PM
:bandance::bandance::bandance:

aryzner
160-2 here we come!

DaveIsHere
aaaaaahhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!

That's more like it!

cleanwsox
I'll take it! Solo shots CAN win ball games.

:bandance::bandance::bandance:

balke
/Rubs eyes in disbelief

Joe and Juan make all offense?
Danks goes nearly 7 with no trouble?
The Bullpen is effective in a close game?

Let's go Sox.

soxfan13
Feel bad for the question mark Danks. Pitches a helluva a game and again gets no love. BUT Ill take it:smile:

RedHeadPaleHoser
04-03-2008, 02:36 PM
Stoney just commented that he thinks the bullpen will be in much better shape than people think.

Let's hope so.

hi im skot
John Danks is a stud.

Sounds like the bullpen was SOLID today...always a good thing.

:bandance::dtroll::bandance:

Madvora
Danks, Dotel, Linebrink and Jenks all looked great.

We're still having a major problem with runners in scoring position though.

1st and 2nd with 2 outs = no runs
1st and 2nd with 1 out = no runs
1st and 2nd with 0 out = no runs

#1swisher
:gosox:

RockJock07
Gotta love the pitching today, they were flat out dealing. I wasn't worried about the offense today because westbrook is very good, they weren't very patient early in the game but turned it around. Danks was the man today, very impressive.

What the hell is with Jenks' facial hair, we have a white drew gooden!

Madscout
04-03-2008, 02:38 PM
Great effort by Danks. He keeps this up, this season might be a nice surprise. I don't think we need anymore proof of who should be in CF. Thanks the Alexi's offensive productionand Swisher just does a better job in LF, it is time to give Anderson his first shot at Major League pitching for the year.

SoxSpeed22
There's one.
Nice win to salvage the series with solo home runs and good overall pitching. On to Detroit.

Uncle_Patrick
Thank God for BA!:redneck

SoxRox
Bobby Jenks is turning into Burl Ives!

Gotta love the new beard.

-SoxRox

Pear-Zin-Ski
Why would you let AJ bunt? He has been damn hot the past two games....

Sad
certain people can come in off the ledge now... :rolleyes:
on to Detroit...

kevingrt
Very solid win. It's never a bad thing to win the first one run game of the year!

Woohoo, WHITE SOX WINNER!

turners56
04-03-2008, 02:39 PM
Danks pitched really well, if it wasn't for JD's bone head plays out there, he would of gotten the win.

I got really pissed when Ozzie put in Dotel against Blake again, good thing it turned out well instead of another double. Linebrink pitched very well and Jenks was lights out.

If there was one thing we learned from this series, it's we need to get some situational hitting. Whenever we have guys on the pond, it's always grounder to to short or third, all we need is a fly ball, guys are trying to do too much.

Since Detroit's already on the verge of getting swept, we need to put some more hurting on them when we get there tomorrow.

Over By There
Especially after struggles by Mark and Javy, it was a relief to see the way John pitched today... not to mention Dotel, Linebrink and Bobby nailing it down. :cool:

russ99
Awesome win! Woo Hoo!

Not to be a dark cloud, but is it too early to worry about a typical season-starting slump by Paulie yet??

BoysMom3
That was such a fun game to watch - I love it! Let's go White Sox!!!!!

cheezheadsoxfan
Man this feels so much better!:bandance:

Great pitching today. After the last two games it's very heartening.

jabrch
I miss Brandon McCarthy...

VeeckAsInWreck
04-03-2008, 02:40 PM
Awesome win! Woo Hoo!

Not to be a dark cloud, but is it too early to worry about a typical season-starting slump by Paulie yet??

3 games into the season is very early to say that anyone is in a slump.

hi im skot
So, what am I supposed to do at work now that the game's over?

ajismyhero
Why would you let AJ bunt? He has been damn hot the past two games....

Agreed, the new, skinny AJ can hit!

Sad

-SoxRox

:rolling:

cheezheadsoxfan
Awesome win! Woo Hoo!

Yes!

ksimpson14
Yes. I'm happy for my guy Joe, go ahead/GW HR sounds clutch to me.

Dye owes Danks an apology and a dinner. Kid pitched a hell of a game, deserved the win.

I am happy with the Linebrink performance, I'm still a little worried about using Dotel in a big spot though. This guy has always been shaky. Stone and Farmer were getting pretty mad on the radio side, since he kept throwing hanging breaking balls, just didn't happen to hurt him this time.

Can a brotha get a Brian Anderson start? I'm just sayin

Now I have this visual of Bobby riding on his Harley to Detroit. Can't take Bobby for granted, love the guy.

cbotnyse
04-03-2008, 02:41 PM
I didnt catch a lick of this game. glad we pulled it out.

BoysMom3
^^"Bobby Jenks really needs to cut that beard. It's really ugly!" (my 6 y.o. son)

thomas35forever
A win we badly needed. If the pitching staff can continue having games like this, they'll be fine as long as the offense is there to pick them up. That said, win number one, baby!:bandance:

cheezheadsoxfan
:rolling: I've got the same problem!

russ99
04-03-2008, 02:42 PM
Yes!

OK, No worries. We do face the back end of the Tigers rotation and their craptacular bullpen the next two days. Paulie will be OK.

When Dotel set up for Houston a few years ago, he wasn't shaky at all. He's been injured since. we should give him some slack too.

The Dude
04-03-2008, 02:43 PM
It's great to have Dye in RF. He is gold glove all the way.

Great to see Danks and the BP pitch well. Hopefully the offense wakes up soon.

kevingrt
04-03-2008, 02:43 PM
By the way this game had all the makings of a much screw up with the missed bunt by AJ then DP by CQ. Then the gaffe in left center between Swisher and Dye. Yet Denks and Dotel did their job. Great effort by the team. Now lets sweep the Tiggers. If the Royals are able to do it we for sure as hell can!

BadBobbyJenks
04-03-2008, 02:44 PM
FIRE OZZIE!!!!!!!!!!!
Bringing in Dotel, what a moron.

MarySwiss
04-03-2008, 02:45 PM
I didnt catch a lick of this game. glad we pulled it out.
Seriously! This must've been a quick one! I came home for lunch, turned on extra innings, and it's over already!

BUT. WE. WON. :bandance::bandance::bandance:

PicktoCLick72

This team still lives on the solo homerun, which is really disappointing. Dye really needs to move to LF and play at the track.

This is just one game. I would hardly say we are living by the solo homerun.

BoysMom3
MarySwiss probably heard me yelling at my tv all the way in AZ on that Swisher and Dye move. My dog was even looking at me like - WTH?! I'm so glad we won this game!!! Feels great!!!

PatK
Why people are getting worked up about winning the game because of solo shots is beyond me.

It's not like the Sox had a whole hell of a lot of baserunners today.

DeadMoney
04-03-2008, 02:46 PM
Needed that win. :bandance:

- Props to Uribe and Crede on the HR's.
- Hell of a game by the 22 year old John Danks. He was out there fearlessly attacking the strike zone and it paid off.
- Bullpen did what they needed to do.

Win number 1!

soxfan13
04-03-2008, 02:46 PM
Seriously! This must've been a quick one! I came home for lunch, turned on extra innings, and it's over already!

BUT. WE. WON. :bandance::bandance::bandance:

Slowed down after the 5th inning. Til then it was on a hour and a half pace.

Madvora
04-03-2008, 02:47 PM
Why people are getting worked up about winning the game because of solo shots is beyond me.

They did though, They had 4 situations with a runner at 2nd and never scored anyone. That situation came up with 2 outs, 1 out an 0 outs. All resulted in 0 runs.

- EDIT - here's the situations

4th inning - Thome on 2nd with 2 outs - Konerko flies out
5th inning - AJ on 2nd with 1 out - Quentin gound out, Crede K
7th inning - Konkero on 2nd, Dye on 1st with no outs - AJ bad bunt, Quentin DP
8th inning - Anderson on 2nd, Cabrera on 1st with 1 out - Thome K, Konkero ground out.

BadBobbyJenks
04-03-2008, 02:48 PM

Come on now, you should no by now that you cant enjoy a win, you have to complain about how we won.

Oldfellah
04-03-2008, 02:49 PM
It's only one game, but I am very impressed with Danks outing!!:bandance:

hawkjt
04-03-2008, 02:50 PM
Things to like about today:

Danks came out firing strikes ..unafraid..great job johnny.
AJ has a hot bat..and tried to do the team thing by laying down a bunt with 2 on nobody out...bad bunt but I want to see more of that..even from PK and Big Jim..move runners,gang.
Joe and Juan...big clutch blasts off of a guy we have no chance against.
Bullpen was solid. Linebrink looked tough, and bobby was bobby.

Now, we have dodged an 0-3 bullet and can relax and go to Detroit and play the tigers without Cabrera(if rumors of a pulled hammy are accurate) and Granderson...ok by me..

The Sox kick ass in Detroit..we own that place..so I feel 100% better today.

voodoochile

Ump wanted to get out of Cleveland. The plate was huge all day long. He was giving 3"+ on the inside corner to RHH.

Mohoney
Overall, we outplayed them for 8 innings. Thankfully, that nightmarish 7th (both top and bottom) didn't cost us the game, even if it did cost John Danks a win that he really deserved.

The one discouraging thing: 0-8 with RISP.

Jerko
Missed most of the game but it was nice to see an "8th inning guy" go after Grady the great instead of making 30 stupid pitching moves that inning. Not saying that linebrink is the be all end all, but I like the strategy. If he's your 8th inning guy, let him go after these guys. Hope we keep that up.

DeadMoney
04-03-2008, 02:51 PM
They did though, as I posted before, they had 3 situations with runners at 1st and 2nd and never scored anyone. That situation came up with 2 outs, 1 out an 0 outs. All resulted in 0 runs.

Yep. They ended up leaving 7 runners on base.

This team has the ability to string hits together. Call me an optimist, but I believe they have the offensive talent. This win is so satisfying because it wasn't the offense that won the game, it was everything else (with the exception of a couple poor defensive plays).

D. TODD
Nice to get the first one under the belt.:bandance: Tough schedule to start the year with 3 out of the first four series head to head against the Tribe and Tigers. A opening series sweep would have been ugly.

churlish
What a game! Danks is the man.

Thanks to the inspirational play of Brian Anderson, the White Sox are ready to kick some Tigers' ass.

oeo
04-03-2008, 02:52 PM
This is just one game. I would hardly say we are living by the solo homerun.

No big hits with RISP, the last two games. Looks a lot like the last year and a half, if you ask me. They just continue to beat themselves. Hopefully things change.

Madscout
04-03-2008, 02:53 PM

13 LOB

DeadMoney
04-03-2008, 02:53 PM
Thanks to the inspirational play of Brian Anderson, the White Sox are ready to kick some Tigers' ass.

Well, at least Anderson was in. Because, as I remember, didn't the Sox lose a game in the first week of the season last year due to him sitting on the bench with a late inning lead? Which then led to everyone questioning why he was even on the roster.

voodoochile
04-03-2008, 02:54 PM
Nice to get the first one under the belt.:bandance: Tough schedule to start the year with 3 out of the first four series head to head against the Tribe and Tigers. A opening series sweep would have been ugly.

Yeah, but it's cool to open the season with games that really matter. I love that about this new schedule - the Sox open and close the season playing their divisional rivals.

34 Inch Stick

Reach in to the desk drawer for the bottle of Jack you should have hidden away for these type of emergencies.

DeadMoney
13 LOB

Technically 7 overall, but the hitters left 13 overall (which doubles up when guys get on with less than 2 outs).

churlish
04-03-2008, 02:55 PM
Well, at least Anderson was in. Because, as I remember, didn't the Sox lose a game in the first week of the season last year due to him sitting on the bench with a late inning lead? Which then led to everyone questioning why he was even on the roster.

Just having a little fun with the BA love. Ozzie used him as a defensive replacement, which IMO, is how he should be used until he proves he can be a solid offensive player.

Bucky F. Dent
04-03-2008, 02:56 PM
After three games the two best pitchers on our staff are Massett and Danks.

That's scary!!!!!!

Regardless "Sox Win! Sox Win! Holy Cow!!!!"

kaufsox
nice win. The pitching woes can be forgot, at least for one day. Come on Jose, keep those kitties down!

voodoochile
13 LOB

More like 4 but the individual players failed to drive in runners 13 times during the game.

6 hits (two left the yard)
1 BB
1 GIDP

PatK
13 LOB

i take that back then.

Between a quick meeting and a couple of phone calls, I missed some of the game and didn't catch that

gobears1987
04-03-2008, 02:57 PM
You have to hand it to Dotel for bouncing back from a rough outing. Great job to Uribe and Crede. Dank you very much John and Bobby.

Madscout
04-03-2008, 02:57 PM
After three games the two best pitchers on our staff are Massett and Danks.

That's scary!!!!!!

Regardless "Sox Win! Sox Win! Holy Cow!!!!"

Or encouraging. Javy and Buehrle are going to return to form. Stats lie sometimes, but not those stats they put up over their career.

CLR01
04-03-2008, 02:58 PM
Just having a little fun with the BA love. Ozzie used him as a defensive replacement, which IMO, is how he should be used until he proves he can be a solid offensive player.

Which can't be done until he gets at bats. And round and round we go.

Mohoney
04-03-2008, 02:59 PM

I hate to nitpick, but doesn't he need to actually get at-bats in order to prove he can be a solid offensive player?

How are these at-bats going to materialize if he's used strictly as a defensive replacement?

palehozenychicty
04-03-2008, 03:01 PM
OK, No worries. We do face the back end of the Tigers rotation and their craptacular bullpen the next two days. Paulie will be OK.

When Dotel set up for Houston a few years ago, he wasn't shaky at all. He's been injured since. we should give him some slack too.

Thus, he shouldn't have received a multi-year deal. Regardless, he got us out of trouble today.

churlish
04-03-2008, 03:02 PM
I hate to nitpick, but doesn't he need to actually get at-bats in order to prove he can be a solid offensive player?

How are these at-bats going to materialize if he's used strictly as a defensive replacement?

He will get his chance to play. Ozzie is pretty good (to a fault) of letting his bench guys get plenty of ABs, so Anderson will get his chance. He has to capitalize on it.

Jurr
04-03-2008, 03:06 PM
He will get his chance to play. Ozzie is pretty good (to a fault) of letting his bench guys get plenty of ABs, so Anderson will get his chance. He has to capitalize on it.
Yup...much like Uribe did in '04. It can happen for him. BA has a lot of talent, but hasn't lived up to it. Maybe he'll thrive with the opportunity. Better for us if he can.

rdwj
04-03-2008, 03:07 PM
Dye looked awful in the field today, but a win is a win! And what a day for Danks!!

Tip of the cap for Clutch Crede too!

Jurr
04-03-2008, 03:09 PM
Dye looked awful in the field today, but a win is a win! And what a day for Danks!!

Tip of the cap for Clutch Crede too!
The biggest question mark is going to be the back end of the rotation. 1 for 1!!:bandance:

getonbckthr
04-03-2008, 03:10 PM
Any bad calls today that I need to edit my sig?

DickAllen72
04-03-2008, 03:17 PM
Dye owes Danks an apology and a dinner. Kid pitched a hell of a game, deserved the win.

Can a brotha get a Brian Anderson start? I'm just sayin

Dye sucks in RF. He's always running into the CF and then he gives them a look like it's their fault.

This even happened a couple of times in 2006 with BA. At the time, JD was one of our big stars and BA was a rookie with an alleged attitude problem so I just gave Dye the benefit of the doubt. Now I realize that JD is the one with the problem. On opening day he collided with Ramirez, today with Swisher. And he misplayed a couple of other balls already.

So what does Ozzie do? He puts in BA as a pinch runner to be a defensive replacement.....for Swisher, the best defensive OFer that was on the field. He should have went in as a defensive replacement for Dye, with either Swisher or Quentin moving over to RF.

I'd love to see the Sox go with an outfield of Quentin, Anderson and Swisher. JD and Thome could platoon at DH. The first one who complains about it is off the team. :cool:

Madvora
04-03-2008, 03:21 PM
I'd love to see the Sox go with an outfield of Quentin, Anderson and Swisher. JD and Thome could platoon at DH. The first one who complains about it is off the team. :cool:
You would completely take Dye out of the lineup? Sorry, but I don't think that's a very good idea.

getonbckthr
04-03-2008, 03:22 PM
Dye sucks in RF. He's always running into the CF and then he gives them a look like it's their fault.

This even happened a couple of times in 2006 with BA. At the time, JD was one of our big stars and BA was a rookie with an alleged attitude problem so I just gave Dye the benefit of the doubt. Now I realize that JD is the one with the problem. On opening day he collided with Ramirez, today with Swisher. And he misplayed a couple of other balls already.

So what does Ozzie do? He puts in BA as a pinch runner to be a defensive replacement.....for Swisher, the best defensive OFer that was on the field. He should have went in as a defensive replacement for Dye, with either Swisher or Quentin moving over to RF.

You would completely take Dye out of the lineup? Sorry, but I don't think that's a very good idea.
If Quentin can prove he is healthy I would have no problem trading away Dye.

DickAllen72
04-03-2008, 03:25 PM
Where's he gonna play? :dunno:

I already said he'd platoon with Thome at DH.

If they want to keep starting Dye, I suggested weeks ago that he should come out of the game every day around the seventh inning with BA going in for defense.

In any case, I would hope whoever the hell the Sox OF coach is sits Dye down and explains to him that the CF is the captain out there and that ball was his. Maybe the Sox should hire Jimmy Piersall to work with Dye on outfield fundamentals.

esbrechtel
04-03-2008, 03:25 PM
:bandance:

DickAllen72
04-03-2008, 03:27 PM
If Quentin can prove he is healthy I would have no problem trading away Dye.
Unfortunately I believe Dye has a NTC for this season. :(:

JUribe1989
04-03-2008, 03:30 PM
Linebrink with a 1-2-3 8th inning, my absolute favorite part of the game! I'm just not used to seeing such things with the Sox since '05.

The Dude
04-03-2008, 03:30 PM
Unfortunately I believe Dye has a NTC for this season. :(:

That is the worst news I've heard this year. :whiner::whiner::whiner:

kittle42
04-03-2008, 03:32 PM
I already said he'd platoon with Thome at DH.

Find me a team that was successful platooning its 3-4 type hitters.

Jerome
04-03-2008, 03:35 PM
John Danks!

hopefully the poor hitting with RISP is not a trend that will continue

DickAllen72
04-03-2008, 03:35 PM
Find me a team that was successful platooning its 3-4 type hitters.
You're right. I guess either Dye rides the pine or we're stuck with his inadequate defense in RF not to mention him endangering our CFers.

Taliesinrk
04-03-2008, 03:38 PM
One option would be to sit JT vs. Lefties, move JD to DH, and Quentin to RF. This wouldn't be 1/2 the time, but a fair amount. Then you could move Quentin in and out of LF while putting Swisher at 1B to spell Konerko. BA would most obviously be your full-time CFer. If he struggles, use Owens there with him when he gets healthy. Send Ramirez to AAA, so that he can hit. Ozuna is your super-sub in the INF, Juan is your 2B because, as much as everyone hates it, he's hands down our best defensive 2B... and you have your team.

Oh yeah, get Hall somewhere else and bring phillips back.

D. TODD
04-03-2008, 03:40 PM
That is the worst news I've heard this year. :whiner::whiner::whiner:
Easy on the JD hate. I like how he's swingin' the bat so far, and he is not a butcher in the outfield. He had a terrible terrible first half of last season, but looked to get back in the groove after the all-star break. This is all just 1 year removed from a MVP caliber year. My only concern about him is if he remains healthy.

veeter
04-03-2008, 03:40 PM
John Danks, if he has his control, he's very, very good. Crede masacred that ball. I think ten Pepsi's came out when it slammed into the pop machine on the concourse. Great, great win.

IlliniSox4Life
04-03-2008, 03:44 PM
I didn't see any of the game, but it's awesome to hear Danks did so well. Glad we could get a W out of this trip, now let's keep em comin.

jabrch
04-03-2008, 03:44 PM
You're right. I guess either Dye rides the pine or we're stuck with his inadequate defense in RF not to mention him endangering our CFers.

Holy Bad Ideas!!!!!!!!!!!!

JD is not a terrible OF. He's not great anymore - but he's not terrible. His arm is above average still.

I have no interest in benching him just to get ABs for BA, JO, Alexie or CQ.

jabrch
04-03-2008, 03:45 PM
I didn't see any of the game, but it's awesome to hear Danks did so well. Glad we could get a W out of this trip, now let's keep em comin.

Poor kid - this is how last year started out for him too if I recall. He didn't get wins in 3 or 4 games he should have out of the chute...

TomBradley72
04-03-2008, 03:46 PM
Easy on the JD hate. I like how he's swingin' the bat so far, and he is not a butcher in the outfield. He had a terrible terrible first half of last season, but looked to get back in the groove after the all-star break. This is all just 1 year removed from a MVP caliber year. My only concern about him is if he remains healthy.

I think he'll have a very good year with the bat...but in all three games of this series...his poor defense caused some big problems.

Bucky F. Dent
04-03-2008, 03:52 PM
Add to everyone's happiness the fact that the Royals are two outs away from sweeping the Tigers.

Great Day!!!:D:

Edit: Check that, the Royals have swept the Tigers.

Taliesinrk
04-03-2008, 03:55 PM
Add to everyone's happiness the fact that the Royals are two outs away from sweeping the Tigers.

Great Day!!!:D:

Edit: Check that, the Royals have swept the Tigers.

I think that's good news... but I really don't think we need to be worrying about the Tigers. The division winner will have to go through Cleveland this year. DETs pitching will not hold.

D. TODD
04-03-2008, 03:55 PM
I think he'll have a very good year with the bat...but in all three games of this series...his poor defense caused some big problems. His range has lacked a bit on a couple of balls in the gap, but the botched fly ball with Swisher is a fluke and I'm not too concerned about that happening again, they will communicate better. He is far from a liability in right field in my opinion. Average, true, but I don't see him as a major problem in the field.

TDog
04-03-2008, 04:00 PM
Wow! Three of our maligned bums win the game!

The offense looked like 2007 the last two days, but the pitching today was brilliant. Escaped with a win. Let's keep the Tigers down tomorrow.

I was thinking the same thing. Add to that Dotel coming in and getting the big out in relief with the game on the line. Sox fans are a reactionary bunch. No doubt someone has already complained that all the Sox runs scored on solo home runs.

Apparently Dye had a rough inning defensively, but the defense otherwise appeared strong and everyone who came into pitch did a good job.

Great game.

btrain929
04-03-2008, 04:03 PM
Great effort by Danks. He keeps this up, this season might be a nice surprise. I don't think we need anymore proof of who should be in CF. Thanks the Alexi's offensive productionand Swisher just does a better job in LF, it is time to give Anderson his first shot at Major League pitching for the year.

With us facing Robertson, a lefty, hopefully your right.

It's Dankerific
04-03-2008, 04:04 PM
I wonder where the Joe haters are today. I guess in the light of day, they're forced to scurry like cockroaches.

kittle42
04-03-2008, 04:08 PM
Sox fans are a reactionary bunch....

Apparently Dye had a rough inning defensively

Yes, and now the solution of some here is to SIT DYE AND THOME in favor of more ABs from the dynamic trio of Anderson, Quentin, and eventually Owens! I didn't think there were too many people who could manage worse than Ozzie, but some of 'em post here!

HITMEN OF 77
04-03-2008, 04:08 PM
Big win, solid pitching and were on our way....

Rocky Soprano
04-03-2008, 04:10 PM
I wonder where the Joe haters are today. I guess in the light of day, they're forced to scurry like cockroaches.

They are too busy crying in their Josh Fields pillows.

spiffie
04-03-2008, 04:11 PM
Joe hit a HR. That's awesome, and I'm sure as hell glad he did. That doesn't change the fact he's not likely to do much this year, and it would probably be better for the Sox to move him to another team. But yes, he did have a hell of a hit today, so big ups to him. As long as Joe is around I hope he hits like Ted Williams. But I wouldn't want to bet my pancreas on him doing that.

hawkjt
04-03-2008, 04:17 PM
tigers got swept..their bats are slumping right now.. Sox play great at conseco and the tigers announcers mentioned that today in their game wrap-up.
As for JD...he is a hot weather vet..he never starts well..just need him to be hot by June. Jose is the key to our rotation..if he can show up this year..we have a shot to be decent.

fram40
04-03-2008, 04:17 PM
I think that's good news... but I really don't think we need to be worrying about the Tigers. The division winner will have to go through Cleveland this year. DETs pitching will not hold.

with the Royals sweeping the Tigers, maybe the division goes through KC

(is that teal?)

It's Dankerific
04-03-2008, 04:19 PM
Joe hit a HR. That's awesome, and I'm sure as hell glad he did. That doesn't change the fact he's not likely to do much this year, and it would probably be better for the Sox to move him to another team. But yes, he did have a hell of a hit today, so big ups to him. As long as Joe is around I hope he hits like Ted Williams. But I wouldn't want to bet my pancreas on him doing that.

I would bet your pancreas....

I really hope that as soon as the game was over, BA got down on his knees and profusely thanked Ozzie for his wonderful opportunity today...

spiffie
04-03-2008, 04:20 PM
I would bet your pancreas....

I really hope that as soon as the game was over, BA got down on his knees and profusely thanked Ozzie for his wondeful opportunity today...
You don't love my pancreas the way I do. You just see it as another internal organ you can toss around like it means NOTHING! You think nothing of wagering it on a guy who has barely ever shown the capacity be anything more than an average hitter.

voodoochile
04-03-2008, 04:21 PM
with the Royals sweeping the Tigers, maybe the division goes through KC

(is that teal?)

No.

It's Dankerific
04-03-2008, 04:23 PM
You don't love my pancreas the way I do. You just see it as another internal organ you can toss around like it means NOTHING! You think nothing of wagering it on a guy who has barely ever shown the capacity be anything more than an average hitter.

I believe they don't give silver slugger awards to all the average hitters.

Joe's back and he's gonna get paid _somewhere_

SoxNation05
04-03-2008, 04:27 PM
IDK but I still despise Uribe's fat ass.

TDog
04-03-2008, 04:27 PM
Yes, and now the solution of some here is to SIT DYE AND THOME in favor of more ABs from the dynamic trio of Anderson, Quentin, and eventually Owens! I didn't think there were too many people who could manage worse than Ozzie, but some of 'em post here!

As I said, Sox fans are a reactionary lot.

whitesoxfan
04-03-2008, 04:28 PM
Winning is fun. Let's try it more often against the Tiggers.

Great outing by Danks and Uribe and Crede come through for us. Hopefully the back end of the rotation can give us outings as close as to what Danks delivered today.

PalehosePlanet
04-03-2008, 04:33 PM

I didn't see the game; should JD have caught Garko's RBi double?

I thought he should have caught Sizemore's liner last night.

spiffie
04-03-2008, 04:33 PM
I believe they don't give silver slugger awards to all the average hitters.

Joe's back and he's gonna get paid _somewhere_
Well considering in the last few years such bombers as Johnny Estrada, Jack Wilson, Mark Loretta, Melvin Mora, Michael Barrett, Felipe Lopez, and Bill Mueller have won them, I'd say guys who get lucky and have one good year certainly can get them.

Jjav829
04-03-2008, 04:35 PM
Awesome outing by Danks! :bandance: Very good to see.

Kinda funny how with all the complaining about who is playing in the OF, the biggest issue through 3 games has been Dye in RF.

Swisher looked fine in center.

And hey, record when BA appears in a game: 1-0 :bandance:

cws05champ
04-03-2008, 04:35 PM
My thoughts:

- Danks looked good. His change (while leaving it up a bit more) looks better. Hopefully adding the cutter helps.
- Crede is a Pepsi Hater. He hit the Pepsi machine at the back of the concourse on his HR.
- Linebrink did his job...looked good.
- Jenks impressed me with that nasty circle change. If he has that going as well as his other stuff he'll be even more dominant.

SOX WIN!!!

voodoochile
04-03-2008, 04:36 PM
I didn't see the game; should JD have caught Garko's RBi double?

I thought he should have caught Sizemore's liner last night.

Went right off his glove just like last night. He did it a couple times in Arizona too. He's getting to the ball, but not catching it. :?:

It's Dankerific
04-03-2008, 04:37 PM
Well considering in the last few years such bombers as Johnny Estrada, Jack Wilson, Mark Loretta, Melvin Mora, Michael Barrett, Felipe Lopez, and Bill Mueller have won them, I'd say guys who get lucky and have one good year certainly can get them.

You said "didnt have the capacity". Whether it was one good year or not, thats a fair assessment of the bottom of his "capacity"

Sox are 1-0 with Lexi on the Bench!!!

Heffalump
04-03-2008, 04:44 PM
My thoughts:

- Danks looked good. His change (while leaving it up a bit more) looks better. Hopefully adding the cutter helps.
- Crede is a Pepsi Hater. He hit the Pepsi machine at the back of the concourse on his HR.
- Linebrink did his job...looked good.
- Jenks impressed me with that nasty circle change. If he has that going as well as his other stuff he'll be even more dominant.

SOX WIN!!!

I'm assuming Crede did not hit it on the fly, right?

knocko94
04-03-2008, 04:49 PM
I'm assuming Crede did not hit it on the fly, right?

You assume wrong. He nailed it. The concessions guy was scrambling.

Taliesinrk
04-03-2008, 04:49 PM

In my defense (because I assume I'm being grouped in with "some"), I don't think anyone has proposed sitting BOTH DYE AND THOME. But, given health history, Thome's relative ineffectiveness vs. LHP (minus the opener), and the desire for a more defensively sound line-up, I see nothing wrong with sitting Thome 1-2 days per week... that's all I proposed. I mean, that's essentially what Ozzie did with AJ in '05

MCHSoxFan
04-03-2008, 04:54 PM
:winner:

Thank the Lord!

You said it! Makes me feel a TON better. In 2006, we won OD. Then, we lost ring and trophy day. In 2007, last season, we lost OD, game #2, then we won game #3. Sox, in 2006 the White Sox were 1-2 in the opening series. In 2006, the White Sox were 1-2 in the opening series. Now, in 2008, the White Sox are 1-2 in the opening series. I really do feel a TON better. I alway do like winning OD if I had a choice.

A WIN IS A WIN THOUGH! GO WHITE SOX! THE WHITE SOX WILL WIN THE SERIES VERSUS DETROIT...YEEESSS!!!!

Heffalump
04-03-2008, 04:54 PM
You assume wrong. He nailed it. The concessions guy was scrambling.

Wow, That's a bomb.

angiew
04-03-2008, 04:55 PM
OMG!!!! I can't wait to get home and watch it on tivo!! I usually try to stay far away from here if I've tivo'd a game so I can watch it without knowing the results....but hubby has already spoiled the suprise. :D: He's on nights this week so he was all excited about getting to catch a day game, and couldn't contain himself...so he called and screamed SOX WIN!! lol Sounds like Danks really came through! He was good when I saw him in Oklahoma City too.:D:

ChiSoxLifer
04-03-2008, 05:02 PM

-SoxRox

I was actually thinking he looked more like:

http://www.imaginex.co.uk/wp-content/mugatu.jpg

Soxman219
04-03-2008, 05:15 PM
I didn't catch the game. Glad to see the Sox get that first win and the Tigers lose again. Hope it continues tomorrow.:smile:

champagne030
04-03-2008, 05:16 PM
tigers got swept..their bats are slumping right now.. Sox play great at conseco and the tigers announcers mentioned that today in their game wrap-up.

Comerica Park

It's Time
04-03-2008, 05:26 PM
Considering the heat Crede and Uribe have taken (especially Joe) on this board, where are you guys now?:D:

Jurr
04-03-2008, 05:32 PM
You said it! Makes me feel a TON better. In 2006, we won OD. Then, we lost ring and trophy day. In 2007, last season, we lost OD, game #2, then we won game #3. Sox, in 2006 the White Sox were 1-2 in the opening series. In 2006, the White Sox were 1-2 in the opening series. Now, in 2008, the White Sox are 1-2 in the opening series. I really do feel a TON better. I alway do like winning OD if I had a choice.

A WIN IS A WIN THOUGH! GO WHITE SOX! THE WHITE SOX WILL WIN THE SERIES VERSUS DETROIT...YEEESSS!!!!
:?:
Love the enthusiasm, though!

sox1970
04-03-2008, 05:37 PM
Considering the heat Crede and Uribe have taken (especially Joe) on this board, where are you guys now?:D:

Right here. Still think they should move Crede, Uribe, and Dye.

mccoydp
04-03-2008, 05:45 PM
Good win today. Danks was bringing it.

Good job in the bullpen by Dotel, Linebrink, and Jenks.

Positive thought: the record is the same as it was through 3 games in 2005, just reversed. :redneck

spiffie
04-03-2008, 05:46 PM
Celebrating the Sox winning their first game of the year, right along with the rest of you. I think they should trade Crede. I still think they should. The fact that he had one big hit today doesn't change that. I'm glad he got the hit, and I'm damn glad they won.

JoeClutch24
04-03-2008, 05:51 PM
Just watched the game on my DVR. Danks was freaking brilliant (Dye is just out to get him! Uribe went yard! Joe Crede was Clutch! And the bullpen holds them hitless!!!! Sox win baby, The difference between today and yesterday was night and day

JB98
04-03-2008, 05:57 PM
This is the first time this season we have gotten a quality outing from our starting pitcher. It is also the first time this season we have won a game.

Coincidence? I think not.

Real solid work from our bullpen as well.

Are Accardo and Gregg still better than Jenks?

oeo
04-03-2008, 06:01 PM
Are Accardo and Gregg still better than Jenks?

I was never in that camp, and have always supported him. I have to say that we have all watched Jenks come a long way. From 2005, where he was just 100 mph heat, to a very, very good pitcher. He's just nasty.

The best part about it, is he's only 27.

WhiteSox5187
04-03-2008, 06:03 PM
Well, the pitching looked great tonight. But this was really a 2007 style performance offensively. Two solo shots, couldn't execute when we had a guy on second with two outs, couldn't move guys over...but inspite of it we managed to win. Let's go to Detroit and take two out of three there.

JB98
04-03-2008, 06:04 PM
I was never in that camp, and have always supported him. I have to say that we have all watched Jenks come a long way. From 2005, where he was just 100 mph heat, to very, very good pitcher. He's just nasty.

He put on a clinic in the AB against Hafner. To be honest, I thought Hafner did a helluva job, fouling off a couple real quality pitches. Bobby just kept making good pitches until Hafner swung and missed.

Bobby was a thrower when he got here. Even then, he was pretty good. Now, he has a good understanding of how to pitch. I think he is an excellent closer.

JB98
04-03-2008, 06:07 PM
Well, the pitching looked great tonight. But this was really a 2007 style performance offensively. Two solo shots, couldn't execute when we had a guy on second with two outs, couldn't move guys over...but inspite of it we managed to win. Let's go to Detroit and take two out of three there.

One point about the offense: Aside from Ozuna and Owens (when he comes back), I'd like to abandon the bunting game all together.

AJ is our hottest hitter. And he's a lousy bunter. Those two factors lead me to believe that Ozzie made the wrong call asking him to bunt in the seventh.

This isn't a small-ball team. We are what we are. Let's not try to be something we're not.

oeo
04-03-2008, 06:08 PM
He put on a clinic in the AB against Hafner. To be honest, I thought Hafner did a helluva job, fouling off a couple real quality pitches. Bobby just kept making good pitches until Hafner swung and missed.

Bobby was a thrower when he got here. Even then, he was pretty good. Now, he has a good understanding of how to pitch. I think he is an excellent closer.

That Hafner AB was great. Two years ago, Bobby would have ended up getting beat and gotten himself into some trouble. Now, he just keeps on bringing it.

btrain929
04-03-2008, 06:09 PM

Right here. We still have cheaper and just about as good in-house replacements. I hope it's only a matter of time before they are traded. Once Uribe hits normal slump that takes place the end of april. we'll have Richar or Ramirez ready to step in FT. As for Crede, we can't do much unless someone calls us and says ok we want him. Until then, good D and popups galore!

kittle42
04-03-2008, 06:10 PM

IT'S ONE GAME.

Jeez, what the hell is with everyone blowing every single little thing out of proportion around here this week?

kittle42
04-03-2008, 06:12 PM
This isn't a small-ball team. We are what we are. Let's not try to be something we're not.

But that's what the Sox do best - try to be something they're not!

JB98
04-03-2008, 06:13 PM
IT'S ONE GAME.

Jeez, what the hell is with everyone blowing every single little thing out of proportion around here this week?

Of course, I was defending Crede last night. Even if he went 0-for-4 today, I'd still be saying we should keep him. :rolleyes:

LoveYourSuit
04-03-2008, 06:22 PM
The game today was not pretty but I did love the way we closed out in the 8th and 9th inning ... 1-2-3 and 1-2-3.

I think if we can set ourselves to get the ball to pen late, we have a strong chance to be good this year.

I would have preferred the Tigers to have already won a game before this weekend, I just hope that Giant does not wake up on us.

JB98
04-03-2008, 06:23 PM
The game today was not pretty but I did love the way we closed out in the 8th and 9th inning ... 1-2-3 and 1-2-3.

I think if we can set ourselves to get the ball to pen late, we have a strong chance to be good this year.

I would have preferred the Tigers to have already won a game before this weekend, I just hope that Giant does not wake up on us.

With any luck, they'll be in a state of panic. They'll squeeze the sawdust out of their bats and continue to struggle offensively.

ilsox7
04-03-2008, 06:27 PM
IT'S ONE GAME.

This week? How about these last few years.

kittle42
04-03-2008, 06:58 PM
This week? How about these last few years.

Seriously, though. Is everything that was said about Juan Uribe immediately made wrong because he hit a HR today? Of course not - in fact, NOTHING is different.

Is every concern about Crede alleviated because of one HR today? NO.

Is concern over the pen gone because Dotel's meatballs weren't hit, and because the two guys we have who are supposed to get the job done got it done? NO.

It's three games into the season, FOJU, FOJC, and other just plain silly people. Celebrate a White Sox winner, but wait awhile before you break out your sparklers and cake to celebrate anything else.

TDog
04-03-2008, 07:23 PM
One point about the offense: Aside from Ozuna and Owens (when he comes back), I'd like to abandon the bunting game all together.

AJ is our hottest hitter. And he's a lousy bunter. Those two factors lead me to believe that Ozzie made the wrong call asking him to bunt in the seventh.

I wouldn't have bunted there. In fact, I didn't expect a bunt there. Ideally, with a late 2-1 lead and runners on first and second, I would prefer to hit and run rather than sacrifice. With Konerko on second and Pierzyinsi up, I wouldn't have hit and run either. It wasn't a combination the manager could make something happen.

I seldom like bunting a runner over from second base, and I wish hitters worked more on moving runners without bunting. But I won't label Guillen a bad manager because I disagree with one of his moves.

Tragg
04-03-2008, 07:39 PM
Super outing by Danks. I assume he looked as good as his stats.
Uribe's power is what makes him an okay hitter - for a SS (not for a 2b however).
Nice hammer by Joe Crede. I'm glad we didn't give him away.

chisox77
04-03-2008, 08:18 PM
1-2 heading into Detriot. Let's finish the first road trip at 3-3 at least!

Go White Sox!

:cool:

mealfred13
04-03-2008, 08:45 PM
Big thanks to Crede for giving me an excuse to break out this abomination. Way to go Joe!

http://www.whitesoxinteractive.com/gallery/data/7/Crede1.jpg

thomas35forever
04-03-2008, 08:58 PM
While calling a softball game today, the center and right fielders both ran into each other going for a fly ball in right-center. Who'd a thunk it?

WhiteSox5187
04-03-2008, 09:38 PM
Big thanks to Crede for giving me an excuse to break out this abomination. Way to go Joe!

http://www.whitesoxinteractive.com/gallery/data/7/Crede1.jpg
:rolling:

Railsplitter
04-03-2008, 09:52 PM
I hope to see this guy 111 more times this year:
:bandance:

peeonwrigley
04-03-2008, 09:56 PM
Just saw Crede's HR on the replay. He turned that mother around.

He also looks a little fat.

BRDSR
04-03-2008, 10:15 PM

ROCK :anderson:HARD PLACE

Are you serious? How do you expect Brian Anderson to prove he can be a solid offensive player when he is only being used as a defensive replacement? If he goes 1/13 in his first 13 at bats of the season, which only occur every third time he goes in as a defensive replacement, what has he proven or not proven?

I'm not Brian's biggest fan, but the way this organization (and apparently some of the fans) is keeping him down is unreal. If he's not getting at least a start or two per week on the White Sox, he should be traded. A decent prospect or two can be had for Brian Anderson.

kittle42
04-03-2008, 11:03 PM
If he's not getting at least a start or two per week on the White Sox, he should be traded. A decent prospect or two can be had for Brian Anderson.

In what world does a crap prospect get you a decent prospect or two?

He'll be in the minors when Owens gets back, though he may actually be better than Owens, which isn't saying much.

soxjim
04-03-2008, 11:28 PM
Enjoyed this game even with the Cleveland commentators. I was able to watch it from Kuwait. To top it off the Sox won.

ilsox7
04-04-2008, 12:44 AM
Seriously, though. Is everything that was said about Juan Uribe immediately made wrong because he hit a HR today? Of course not - in fact, NOTHING is different.

Is every concern about Crede alleviated because of one HR today? NO.

Is concern over the pen gone because Dotel's meatballs weren't hit, and because the two guys we have who are supposed to get the job done got it done? NO.

It's three games into the season, FOJU, FOJC, and other just plain silly people. Celebrate a White Sox winner, but wait awhile before you break out your sparklers and cake to celebrate anything else.

Sorry it took me a while to respond. I was out shooting off fireworks and drinking some bubbly!

Seriously though, good to see a win. I'd like 99 more, please. :D:

MISoxfan
04-04-2008, 08:17 AM
Enjoyed this game even with the Cleveland commentators. I was able to watch it from Kuwait. To top it off the Sox won.

I watched so many 2006 Sox Games eating breakfast from Arifjan, Ali Al Saleem, and KNB. Although most of what I watched wasn't live. I wish I could see them from Japan, but so far the hours just haven't lined up at all.

Tragg
04-04-2008, 08:57 AM
Are you serious? How do you expect Brian Anderson to prove he can be a solid offensive player when he is only being used as a defensive replacement? If he goes 1/13 in his first 13 at bats of the season, which only occur every third time he goes in as a defensive replacement, what has he proven or not proven?

I'm not Brian's biggest fan, but the way this organization (and apparently some of the fans) is keeping him down is unreal. If he's not getting at least a start or two per week on the White Sox, he should be traded. A decent prospect or two can be had for Brian Anderson.
He also had a good spring - if you don't play him until he proves he can play well, and you exclude the spring, means he will never play.

When the team that has him finds him less valuable than utility player Mack or declining slap hitter Erstad, don't expect other teams to pay much value. He won't bring much in trade right now. Although t's not that unusual for good talent to struggle for a year or so, much of the decline in value is driven by Ozzie and to a lesser extent Kenny.

ode to veeck
04-04-2008, 09:07 AM
whoooo hooooo

dickallen15
04-04-2008, 09:35 AM
On the same day the much maglined Joe Crede hits a game winning homer, WSI future 1st ballot HOFer, Josh Fields goes 0-4 with 3 strikeouts and an error in AAA.

Jurr
04-04-2008, 10:05 AM
On the same day the much maglined Joe Crede hits a game winning homer, WSI future 1st ballot HOFer, Josh Fields goes 0-4 with 3 strikeouts and an error in AAA.
Oh, come off it. We're lucky to have both. No need for the head to head comparisons. :D:

kittle42
04-04-2008, 10:54 AM

Though I have also been guilty of it, has there ever been this much hyperbole about players at WSI before? Maybe after the Garcia trade.

dickallen15
04-04-2008, 10:57 AM
Oh, come off it. We're lucky to have both. No need for the head to head comparisons. :D:
I just threw it out there because if it was the opposite, we would have heard about it.

voodoochile
04-04-2008, 10:58 AM
Though I have also been guilty of it, has there ever been this much hyperbole about players at WSI before? Maybe after the Garcia trade.

No, things have definitely jumped to the next level of hyperbole in both directions.

Every prospect is either HOF worthy or sure to be the suckiest suck who ever sucked and if Ozzie likes the player, the guy should just tatoo ISuck on his forehead as far as many people at WSI are concerned.

kittle42
04-04-2008, 11:04 AM
No, things have definitely jumped to the next level of hyperbole in both directions.

Every prospect is either HOF worthy or sure to be the suckiest suck who ever sucked and if Ozzie likes the player, the guy should just tatoo ISuck on his forehead as far as many people at WSI are concerned.

It's getting downright silly. While a few people have called Fields "our future," I doubt there are many who think he's the next Brooks Robinson, or even really a consistent all-star, for that matter.

It does suck that the level of discourse here has sunk to where people seem to actually be rooting against certain Sox players just to see their points proven. No one will admit it, but I really think some are.

I think Anderson blows. But every time he comes up, I want him to succeed. He's a White Sox. Same with Uribe, MacDougal, Floyd, Masset, Owens, Richar, Contreras, and everyone else I think is pretty much trash.

voodoochile
04-04-2008, 11:10 AM
It's getting downright silly. While a few people have called Fields "our future," I doubt there are many who think he's the next Brooks Robinson, or even really a consistent all-star, for that matter.

It does suck that the level of discourse here has sunk to where people seem to actually be rooting against certain Sox players just to see their points proven. No one will admit it, but I really think some are.

I think Anderson blows. But every time he comes up, I want him to succeed. He's a White Sox. Same with Uribe, MacDougal, Floyd, Masset, Owens, Richar, Contreras, and everyone else I think is pretty much trash.

I agree and the funny thing is people who want Fields playing and Crede traded are mostly doing so because they assume Crede will be gone next year and want to see Fields get a chance to develop in the majors.

There aren't many people who think Crede sucks (though his bat has been called average by some) it's just like it or not, he's probably moving on, so why not give the next guy (who has shown promise) his chance?

jabrch
04-04-2008, 11:31 AM

I totally agree with that. Well said

kittle42
04-04-2008, 12:00 PM
There aren't many people who think Crede sucks (though his bat has been called average by some) it's just like it or not, he's probably moving on, so why not give the next guy (who has shown promise) his chance?

Exactly. Crede doesn't suck. He's great defensively, and good offensively. But as soon as you start backing the keeping of a player, it's like "that guy hits .400 with 70HR and the other option hits .100 with 0 HR."

Very odd.

Jurr
04-04-2008, 12:02 PM
I agree and the funny thing is people who want Fields playing and Crede traded are mostly doing so because they assume Crede will be gone next year and want to see Fields get a chance to develop in the majors.

Again, well said.
I very much worry about Crede's back holding up to the rigors of a 162 game (and hopefully more) schedule. His glove has always been solid, and we know he comes through in the clutch. Will he stay healthy and productive? That's the big question.

Fields' numbers translate to a 30 homer/100 RBI clip, and he still hasn't played enough major league baseball to really develop plate discipline. If he learns to up his average a tad, we're looking at something special.

I wish there was a way to get 'em both on the field without hurting the roster, but that's just not possible unless Thome goes down with an injury.

FedEx227
04-04-2008, 12:06 PM

It's gotten very, very annoying.

I like Josh Fields, over Crede, he showed some nice power = 1st ballot Hall of Famer.

Brian Anderson should get playing time = Willie Mays

I like Richar over Uribe, I'm sick of Uribe = Richar is better than Joe Morgan.

kittle42
04-04-2008, 01:04 PM
It's gotten very, very annoying.

I like Josh Fields, over Crede, he showed some nice power = 1st ballot Hall of Famer.

Brian Anderson should get playing time = Willie Mays

I like Richar over Uribe, I'm sick of Uribe = Richar is better than Joe Morgan.

What's great in all these debates is the only one where we're talking about even decent players in is Crede v. Fields, and talent-wise, it's probably a toss-up right now.

spiffie
04-04-2008, 01:09 PM
What's great in all these debates is the only one where we're talking about even decent players in is Crede v. Fields, and talent-wise, it's probably a toss-up right now.
That's what allows the debate to be so heated and so given to hyperbole. The only ones in there who are really known quantities are Uribe and Crede, and even Crede has the "he was just busting out when he got injured" thing happening. Right now all these guys are blank slates, and we can project anything onto them. BA's fans see a future .300 hitter with power and a gold glove. Josh Fields conjures visions of a 40 HR hitter. Danny Richar could eventually be Robinson Cano. Anything is possible until they fail to be great. So pick your side and assume the best about your pick, and the worst about the other.

Except if you like Uribe. Then go get your head checked :wink:

jabrch
04-04-2008, 02:18 PM
Exactly. Crede doesn't suck.

I don't really think any of these guys suck. I think you can make a reasonable arguement depending on what evidence you choose to use that any of them are below average, average or above average. I don't think you can call any of them great, or say any of them suck, if you are really being fair...

I just hope whomever is on the field plays well.