PDA

View Full Version : Is there a White Sox radio station out there?

pythons007
04-03-2008, 10:13 AM
I'm not sure if this is a thread that has already been created, but I just want to know where I can get my White Sox talk. I'm an avid sports radio listener during the work day. I pretty much stick with am1000 all day, and venture over to the Score during the unlistenable Mike Tirico show at noon. What I would like to know is why don't the Sox get equal air time on the Chicago programs (Silvy and Waddle, or Mike Murphy)?

They both spend most of the time talking about the Cubs. The last couple of days its been how the Cubs might get swept, how the Cubs lineup should or shouldn't be, and who they see being a better leadoff hitter, Wood. If they do talk about the Sox, they mention something and then go right back to the Cubs and talk and nitpick about the smallest details.

When either station does talk about the Sox, it always seems to be in a negative way. Most of these radio heads are Cub fans (Murphy and Silvy) and are completly biased. On the Mike Murphy show is just annoying to listen to with all his gimmicks, stupid noices, etc. When he does talk about the Sox, or a caller wants to talk about the Sox he just turns the conversation over to the Cubs or talks over the caller. It just gets boring to hear the same thing day in and day out.

I mean, I really don't mind hearing about the Cubs but I would just like to hear an equal share about the Sox as well. Is there anybody out there that will talk about the Sox??

And I really don't like posting things like this because I don't like to complain about subjects like this. But it just gets tiresome to listen to the same thing ALL DAY LONG!

kittle42
04-03-2008, 10:34 AM
No.

hi im skot
04-03-2008, 10:52 AM
Sports talk radio is a waste of time.

Listen to Black Sabbath.

Uncle_Patrick
04-03-2008, 10:52 AM
The Score has White Sox Weekly, I believe, on the weekends during the season. I think that's the closest you're gonna get to White Sox radio. There are sports guys in town who are supposedly White Sox fans (Jonathan Hood, Dan Bernstein, Dan MacNeil, Carmen DeFalco) but the Cubs always seem to be more of a story.

FYI, you should never listen to Mike Murphy for any reason. Even the other guys at the Score think he's a moron.

CashMan
04-03-2008, 11:03 AM
FYI, you should never listen to Mike Murphy for any reason. Even the other guys at the Score think he's a moron.

This thread was brought to us, by our good friends over at Browns Chicken! It tastes better!

skobabe8
04-03-2008, 11:05 AM
I'm not sure if this is a thread that has already been created, but I just want to know where I can get my White Sox talk. I'm an avid sports radio listener during the work day. I pretty much stick with am1000 all day, and venture over to the Score during the unlistenable Mike Tirico show at noon. What I would like to know is why don't the Sox get equal air time on the Chicago programs (Silvy and Waddle, or Mike Murphy)?

They both spend most of the time talking about the Cubs. The last couple of days its been how the Cubs might get swept, how the Cubs lineup should or shouldn't be, and who they see being a better leadoff hitter, Wood. If they do talk about the Sox, they mention something and then go right back to the Cubs and talk and nitpick about the smallest details.

When either station does talk about the Sox, it always seems to be in a negative way. Most of these radio heads are Cub fans (Murphy and Silvy) and are completly biased. On the Mike Murphy show is just annoying to listen to with all his gimmicks, stupid noices, etc. When he does talk about the Sox, or a caller wants to talk about the Sox he just turns the conversation over to the Cubs or talks over the caller. It just gets boring to hear the same thing day in and day out.

I mean, I really don't mind hearing about the Cubs but I would just like to hear an equal share about the Sox as well. Is there anybody out there that will talk about the Sox??

And I really don't like posting things like this because I don't like to complain about subjects like this. But it just gets tiresome to listen to the same thing ALL DAY LONG!

Try doing some actual work and not listening to the radio for a change.

DumpJerry
04-03-2008, 11:07 AM
Nope. This is why we have WSI.

pythons007
04-03-2008, 11:10 AM
This thread was brought to us, by our good friends over at Browns Chicken! It tastes better!

Yeah, he seems like a douche with all his on air commercials and stupid noises!

CashMan
04-03-2008, 12:35 PM
Try doing some actual work and not listening to the radio for a change.

This is going to sound crazy, some people can multi task when working.

PalehosePlanet
04-03-2008, 04:15 PM

White Sox Weekly is on at 11:00 AM every Saturday morning, year round, on The Score. Most of the time it is a 2 hour show but sometimes it's longer or shorter depending on what other event might be going on.

Also, Chris Rongey always stays on the air for quite a while after our night games (the way Dave Wills used to.)

WizardsofOzzie
04-03-2008, 04:25 PM
True. For instance I'm multi taking looking busy at work while browsing WSI :D:

skobabe8
04-03-2008, 05:04 PM

I know the guy and he's not one of those people.

soxtalker
04-03-2008, 07:29 PM
I don't find the imbalance so much on the Score or am1000; they are different, but I suspect that either will lean more heavily toward whichever team is winning.

The contrast I notice is between WGN and WSCR. The Cubs' flagship is always focused on the Cubs. Most of the talk show hosts talk about the Cubs. The Sox are hardly ever mentioned; sometimes the newscasters will even forget to mention the Sox score. On the other hand, WSCR spends a lot of time on both.

skottyj242
04-04-2008, 09:10 AM
Listen to the Score on Saturday mornings. They do Talking Baseball with Ryan the gay Mexican from Mancow and then they have White Sox Weekly with Brian Dalgen. (Sorry Brian, I have no idea how to spell your last name.)

turners56
04-04-2008, 10:52 AM
Listen to the Score on Saturday mornings. They do Talking Baseball with Ryan the gay Mexican from Mancow and then they have White Sox Weekly with Brian Dalgen. (Sorry Brian, I have no idea how to spell your last name.)

I thought Dalgen worked for AM 1000? I think you mean Ronge.

UofCSoxFan
04-04-2008, 11:00 AM
Mulligan and Hanley on the Score aren't bad...from 10 am to noon. Mully is a Sox fan and Hanley is a Cubs guy so its pretty balanced. I also enjoy Boers and Bernstein a lot...they actually talk a fair amount of Sox and are pretty realistic about it. If you are looking for polyana/meatball/we need Aaron Roward or more passion talk you aren't go to find it with these two, which I really appreciate. At the same time, during the Sox rough spell at the end of 2005, they were two of the few radio hosts to not panic.

skobabe8
04-04-2008, 06:49 PM
Mulligan and Hanley on the Score aren't bad...from 10 am to noon. Mully is a Sox fan and Hanley is a Cubs guy so its pretty balanced. I also enjoy Boers and Bernstein a lot...they actually talk a fair amount of Sox and are pretty realistic about it. If you are looking for polyana/meatball/we need Aaron Roward or more passion talk you aren't go to find it with these two, which I really appreciate. At the same time, during the Sox rough spell at the end of 2005, they were two of the few radio hosts to not panic.

B&B go waaay overboard with the 'fire and the passion' crap. We get it: you guys don't believe some guys try harder than others. :rolleyes:

kaufsox
04-04-2008, 11:44 PM
When it was Silvy and Carmen, it wasn't so bad, but now its all cubs all the time, unless they absolutely have to talk Sox. I just can't listen to the Score unless the game is on. Usually its the ipod:D:

MISoxfan
04-06-2008, 01:08 AM

What? All Boers and Bernstein talked about in September '05 was how we needed Griffey. How could you forget the WKRP in Cincinatti song played over and over?

Frontman
04-06-2008, 12:04 PM

You haven't had lunch yet? Need to grab something. Head on over to Browns. Get an Italian sausage, or an Italian Beef, get it together; they call it a combo.

How about

Maxwell

Street

Polish?

(Yes, I have nightmares from this man's voice and that damned read........)

Frontman
04-06-2008, 12:05 PM
B&B go waaay overboard with the 'fire and the passion' crap. We get it: you guys don't believe some guys try harder than others. :rolleyes:

But I still like them. Bersie in particular with his "baseball players don't need nicknames" rant is always good. Also his "play the damn game" rants are fun.

Especially on the Bulls "Noone can figure out how to stand in front of someone? GET IN THEIR WAY!!!!"

DickAllen72
04-06-2008, 12:59 PM
The sad thing is, Mike Murphy is the best host on the Score.

Next to North, Murphy is a genius. I won't even listen to those two jagoffs that come on after him. At least Murphy tries to act like a gentlemen.

FedEx227
04-06-2008, 01:17 PM
You haven't had lunch yet? Need to grab something. Head on over to Browns. Get an Italian sausage, or an Italian Beef, get it together; they call it a combo.

How about

Maxwell

Street

Polish?

(Yes, I have nightmares from this man's voice and that damned read........)

Get the Meatball sub... I saw it on your tie....

Frontman
04-06-2008, 02:45 PM
Get the Meatball sub... I saw it on your tie....

Thanks FedEx. I just purged that whole routine from my brain.......

:D:

we be jake
04-06-2008, 11:48 PM
Sports talk radio is a waste of time.

Listen to Black Sabbath.

lol

FedEx227
04-07-2008, 12:19 AM
Thanks FedEx. I just purged that whole routine from my brain.......

:D:

AAAAAAAAH THE MEATBALL SUUUUB WITH THE HOT MARINARA SAUCE DRIPPING ALL OVER THE PLACE!!

AAAAYYEEE YOU GOTTA GO TO BROWNS.

Okay I'm done, now 3 hours of brain cleansing.