PDA

View Full Version : Maybe Parque should just shutup

CerberusWG
04-26-2002, 11:07 PM
1 IP 3 ER 2 HR

He was sure ready to come back to the majors!

Tragg
04-26-2002, 11:23 PM
Two things he didn't do - he didn't call himself up; he didn't insert himself into the lineup.
Howry has pitched well;
So has Glover
Asuna has been okay
Marte has done well;
So in a 2-2 tie against one of the best teams in the league, we pitch a guy who hadn't thrown a major league pitch all year and who was getting shelled in the minors.

MattSharp
04-26-2002, 11:41 PM
Originally posted by Tragg
Two things he didn't do - he didn't call himself up; he didn't insert himself into the lineup.
Howry has pitched well;
So has Glover
Asuna has been okay
Marte has done well;
So in a 2-2 tie against one of the best teams in the league, we pitch a guy who hadn't thrown a major league pitch all year and who was getting shelled in the minors.

Man that was one of the most intelligent things I have heard. I never looked at it like that....

FanOf14
04-26-2002, 11:45 PM
GRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!!!!!!!!!!!! I am not sure who I am more disappointed in...Parque (oh wait, he disgusts me), Manuel for putting Parque in, or Thomas for striking out with the bases loaded...couldn't he have at least flown out to let a run cross the plate?! I hope we can look more alive tomorrow and Sunday...

PUT PARQUE BACK WHERE HE BELONGS - IN THE MINORS!!!!!!!!!!!
:angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry:

baggio202
04-27-2002, 12:13 AM
Originally posted by Tragg
Howry has pitched well;
So has Glover
Asuna has been okay
Marte has done well;

this was step one in KW's attempt to show jimmy and everyone else...dont bruise my ego...jimmy will be out of baseball soon

Tragg
04-27-2002, 12:26 AM
Originally posted by baggio202

this was step one in KW's attempt to show jimmy and everyone else...dont bruise my ego...jimmy will be out of baseball soon

That's the thing - Parque was a reasonably effective pitcher here for a few seasons and never threw 90 mph - maybe he's washed up, maybe he isn't. But this didn't prove it and tonight wasn't the time to try to prove it.
We've seen Williams' ego with Sean Lowe (he would have probably cut him), I guess we see it with clayton batting in the 9th (i see no other explanation); and now this, I suppose.
I don't give a crap about it except when it costs us games, as it did tonight.

RedPinStripes
04-27-2002, 12:44 AM
Either KW was proving a point here with Butter , or Manuel is just an idiot!

BuehrleACE56
04-27-2002, 12:51 AM
I was unable to watch Friday night's game because i was at my girlfriend's house and she hates sports (mainly because if they're on i pay more attention to the game than her). Anyways, i saw the top of the first where we scored 2 runs and looked to be another big night from the 'O'. Then i get in the car at 11:45ish and Rooney and Farmer are talking top of 9 down 6-2. :whiner: What the hell happened? On ESPN.com it looked like Rauch was sharp and then Parque blew it big time with three runs in two crappy innings. I wanted to see him pitch as i haven't seen him before but i might be glad i missed it. How bad was he? somebody gimme something eh? I hear Biddle is doing well on rehab. You just gotta love the sideburns. He can't be worse than baby-face Parque can he?

i hope this isn't a losing streak. Bounce back with BurlyMon! :cool:

RedPinStripes
04-27-2002, 12:56 AM
Originally posted by BuehrleACE56
I was unable to watch Friday night's game because i was at my girlfriend's house and she hates sports (mainly because if they're on i pay more attention to the game than her).

It takes a while , but they get used to it dude. It took me 4 years to be able to watch a game without getting in a mini-arguement. Now my girlfriend is actually learning some of the players names! :D: She still don't understand the whole yelling at the tv stuff though. Hang in there. :D:

BuehrleACE56
04-27-2002, 01:08 AM
Women are crazy. My girl is far from sitting and watching a game with me. :angry: She won't let me have the remote when I am over because she knows it will be either Fox Sports Net (my beloved Sox) or Fox Sports World (soccer!). But maybe with time I'll get in an inning here or there. It hasn't been close to four years tho, and she'll probably be gone long before then, thus allowing me to watch sports 24/7 and shout at Jerry Manuel through the television to my heart's content. :gulp: I mean c'mon you have to let them know how you feel and shouting at the tv is how you do it. :D: Why don't women get it? sheesh. Oh the single life must be the **** huh? Sometimes you gotta love it. :cool:

Nellie_Fox
04-27-2002, 01:11 AM
Originally posted by BuehrleACE56
I was unable to watch Friday night's game because i was at my girlfriend's house and she hates sports
She either needs to get with the program, or.....

Girlfriends come and go. The White Sox are forever.

VeeckAsInWreck
04-27-2002, 01:18 AM
Originally posted by Nellie_Fox

Preach on brotha Nelly! When I first got my mail order Russian bride she ........er, :?: ......... nevermind! :D:

StepsInSC
04-27-2002, 01:22 AM
Girlfriends come and go.

Unless they never leave...and sometimes...they don't.

Mathew
04-27-2002, 01:43 AM
Originally posted by StepsInSC

Unless they never leave...and sometimes...they don't.

:bundy

D'uh no Peg.

voodoochile
04-27-2002, 01:43 AM
I didn't see the homeruns, but I actually did hear them while trying to find a spot for my car. I also heard Parque strike out the next guy on 3 pitches and he looked alright in the 7th - if unspectacular. I don't know why JM put him in, but it wasn't all bad. Parque like all pitchers is going to take time to find his groove. It was a bad decision by Manuel and Parque made a couple of mistakes - it happens. Sox kept battling and put the tying run on base with one out in the 8th with our 3rd and 4th place hitters coming up - they failed - that happens too. After giving up another run in the bottom of the 8th and watching the first two batters go down on two pitches in the top of the ninth they still managed to get the tying run to the plate. Too bad the 3rd baseman made such an amazing stab of that Lofton liner in the 8th, or the Sox maybe win this game. Yeah, it stinks to lose, it always does, but there were positives in this game and we will win more of these than we will lose.

Blame JM - he pitched Parque instead of someone else. Seemed more of the same old same old, "the world according to JM" crap if you ask me. Tie game - you pitch your best and most accomplished pitchers until you win or lose - you don't put in a guy fresh up from AAA. Just when he was looking better as a manager, he goes and does something like this...

Still, the Twins lost so the Sox are still a game in first. Rauch's stats even looked pretty good - too bad our defense let him down. Oh well, with Burly-Mon tomorrow and Ritchie on Sunday the series is still ours for the taking if we want it.

Go Sox...

uksoxfan
04-27-2002, 01:45 AM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by BuehrleACE56
[B]I was unable to watch Friday night's game because i was at my girlfriend's house and she hates sports (mainly because if they're on i pay more attention to the game than her).

Don't worry my friend, things eventually change. I've been married 22 years & my good lady wife prefers it if I watch sports, especially if I actually go to the game :smile:

Disappointed with tonights result, but let's take the next 2.

Cheers :gulp:

doublem23
04-27-2002, 09:09 AM
Originally posted by Nellie_Fox

Now that's good advice! :D:

FanOf14
04-27-2002, 12:13 PM
Hey! I am a chick and I LOVE sports!!!!! My boyfriend and I travel around the midwest for minor-league hockey (cheaper to travel and see them rather than go to a Hawks game) and I have been a Sox fan since conception!!! Anywho, I hope Biddle continues to rock in rehab so we can bring him up and send Parque where he belongs - AAA.

GO SOX (and GO WHALERS (HURRICANES))!!!!!!

charlie browned
04-27-2002, 01:40 PM
Don't worry my friend, things eventually change. I've been married 22 years & my good lady wife prefers it if I watch sports, especially if I actually go to the game

Exactly, uksoxfan--and I would submit that Sox fan-ship is a barometer not only of marriage, but of one's life journey. Personally, I found myself watching 75% of all Sox games on cable 3 years after marriage--and I had barely noticed them 2 years before.

Now I watch them (live and otherwise), listen to them, read about them (on all media), if only to stay one step ahead of my kids and to still maintain some level of fatherly omiscience over them....

YOFrankie
04-27-2002, 01:43 PM
Originally posted by FanOf14
I have been a Sox fan since conception

GO SOX (and GO WHALERS (HURRICANES))!!!!!!

Oh no, I can feel another abortion debate coming here. :D: