PDA

View Full Version : What a weird turn of events for the Marlins' Robert Andino

Jjav829
04-02-2008, 10:51 AM
So, imagine you're a major league baseball player. You hit your first career home run. It just so happens that your first career home run is a walk-off shot in the bottom of the 10th. You're on top of the world. Suddenly you get a text message from your wife, home alone with your two young kids, indicating that someone is trying to get into your home.

That's what happened to the Marlins Robert Andino. (http://www.sun-sentinel.com/sports/sfl-flspmarspec02sbapr02,0,7030981.story)

A man knocked at the door of Andino's south Miami-Dade County home while Renee was on the phone. He repeatedly requested entry, but would not identify himself, saying only, "It's me." According to an early account of the episode that made its way back to Dolphin Stadium, the man ultimately tried to force his way in but left when police arrived.

Scary, and talk about a complete change of emotions. From euphoria to panic in a matter of minutes. Thankfully everything turned out alright.

Don't hi-jack this with political talk.

gogosox16
04-02-2008, 12:14 PM
That's scary, after feeling like nothing can stop you, you get a call saying that someones trying to break into your house....what a shame

skottyj242
04-02-2008, 12:40 PM
How would this get political?

Why would she send him a text message? Wouldn't you call someone if someone was trying to break into your home?

gogosox16
04-02-2008, 12:42 PM

Why would she send him a text message? Wouldn't you call someone if someone was trying to break into your home?
Like the police?!?!

eriqjaffe
04-02-2008, 01:00 PM
Why would she send him a text message? Wouldn't you call someone if someone was trying to break into your home?So that the potential intruder wouldn't hear her calling for help and become so upset or enraged that something really bad happened?

I'm guessing, but it seems logical.

Jjav829
04-02-2008, 01:47 PM

See the Roadhouse thread.

skottyj242
04-02-2008, 01:52 PM
See the Roadhouse thread.

I stand corrected.

soxfanatlanta
04-02-2008, 02:57 PM
What a strange night for that guy's family. I hope he does not lose focus during the games by worrying about a home invasion.

Time to get some big dogs.

gogosox16
04-02-2008, 03:00 PM
What a strange night for that guy's family. I hope he does not lose focus during the games by worrying about a home invasion.

Time to get some big dogs.

Time to bring the family to the games and get some big ass dogs