PDA

View Full Version : Opening day

hotshot29
04-02-2008, 08:54 AM
Hey all, when does the parking lot open on opening day? I cant wait to get tailgating! Anyone throwing a bash! lmao

soxfan21
04-02-2008, 08:56 AM
In the email that I received from my rep, the lots will open 2 1/2 hours before gametime. Last year I think that there were one or two lots open a little earlier than that. I'd say get there early and see what happens. Can't wait til next Monday :bandance:.

soxfan13
04-02-2008, 09:49 AM
They usually open one of the lots early in the morning so you can drive and park then hop the L to work. Are they still doing that this year?

Viva Medias B's
04-02-2008, 10:41 AM
In the email that I received from my rep, the lots will open 2 1/2 hours before gametime. Last year I think that there were one or two lots open a little earlier than that. I'd say get there early and see what happens. Can't wait til next Monday :bandance:.

That means a 12:35 p.m. lot opening for a 3:05 game. It seems that it should really be earlier. On Opening Day, don't the gates to the ballpark itself open two hours before gametime?

soxfan21
04-02-2008, 10:52 AM
That means a 12:35 p.m. lot opening for a 3:05 game. It seems that it should really be earlier. On Opening Day, don't the gates to the ballpark itself open two hours before gametime?

The gates to the park do open 2 hours before the game, and last year there was one lot that was open about 3 hours before the game. I know last year in a few lots, I think F and L, they were really strict and did not open those lots up until exactly 2 1/2 hours before gametime. I was just stating what the email from my rep said in it. She wrote that the parking lots won't open til 2 1/2 hours before the game.

kevingrt
04-02-2008, 11:11 AM
The gates to the park do open 2 hours before the game, and last year there was one lot that was open about 3 hours before the game. I know last year in a few lots, I think F and L, they were really strict and did not open those lots up until exactly 2 1/2 hours before gametime. I was just stating what the email from my rep said in it. She wrote that the parking lots won't open til 2 1/2 hours before the game.

There is always at least one lot open three hours before any game not just opening day. At least when I go the park it seems that way.

ILuvThatDuck
04-02-2008, 11:16 AM
Anyone know why it is a 3:05 game instead of 1:05?

pdimas
04-02-2008, 11:23 AM
I thought it was 3 hours before game time because its opening day. At any rate our car will either in line to get into the lot at 12:00 p.m. or parked in our usual tailgate spot in Lot B.

Harry Potter
04-02-2008, 11:28 AM
They usually open one of the lots early in the morning so you can drive and park then hop the L to work. Are they still doing that this year?

Yes the Park and Ride in Lot A

geraldfritz
04-02-2008, 11:29 AM
I am not sure exactly how early they will open. That is why I am taking the train, so that we wouldnt have to wait for a lot to open up. I will probably be there at about 10 am or 11 am. Waiting in line and drinking some beers while we wait for the park to open. Good times. Me and my group will be outside Gate 2 ( I believe that is the one where you can enter the bullpen Sports Bar.) I will be out there in my Kelly Wunsch jersey having a good time. Hope to see some of you guys there.

skottyj242
04-02-2008, 11:29 AM
Anyone know why it is a 3:05 game instead of 1:05?

Sunday night ESPN game.

skottyj242
04-02-2008, 11:30 AM
I thought it was 3 hours before game time because its opening day. At any rate our car will either in line to get into the lot at 12:00 p.m. or parked in our usual tailgate spot in Lot B.

I heard that they fired the whole parking staff and there is no saving spots this year.

soxfan13
04-02-2008, 11:42 AM
Sunday night ESPN game.

but the game is monday during the day:tongue::redneck:gulp:

skottyj242
04-02-2008, 11:45 AM
but the game is monday during the day:tongue::redneck:gulp:

Yes so they won't get back in Chicago until late so they gave them two more hours to hang out.

soxfan13
04-02-2008, 11:51 AM
Yes so they won't get back in Chicago until late so they gave them two more hours to hang out.

where they hanging out, Skyride?:D:

skottyj242
04-02-2008, 12:00 PM
where they hanging out, Skyride?:D:

Is that where you're going before the game?

Elephant
04-02-2008, 12:06 PM
I plan to park around 35th and State at 1230 and head to lot B.

Jurr
04-02-2008, 12:18 PM
I'm going to the opener! I'm flying into Chicago for my third game in a week. I surely hope that this one goes better than the previous two.:(:

I really hope to see some of you guys at the park. What would be a good spot to catch y'all at the game?

soxfan13
04-02-2008, 01:16 PM
Is that where you're going before the game?

If its decent out I will hopefully be hanging out in the parking lots somewhere

roylestillman
04-02-2008, 02:19 PM

I checked with my rep. The Park and ride will be open from 6:00 AM until 9:00AM, but they usually don't let you stay with your car. We just left the cooler in the trunk, hopped the L downtown and grabbed some breakfast. and returned to the car about 3 hours before game time.

For those of you not familiar with the park and ride lot, you have to enter it off Wentworth (Which is southbound only) just north of 35th Street. Its basically Parking Lot A.

Frontman
04-02-2008, 06:30 PM
This will be my first home opener game. A co-worker has season tickets and can't go. So I snatched them up ASAP.

Anyone have any ideas for a WSI meet and greet?

salty99
04-03-2008, 10:15 AM

from sox web site:

Parking lots open three hours before the start time of the Opening Day game and two hours before the Wednesday and Thursday games. Fans holding reserved parking coupons should display the coupons prominently as they approach the ballpark.

The Wimperoo
04-03-2008, 11:39 AM
Which lot is cash parking for tailgating? We're going with a group from work, but I don't think they have any parking passes. We should be getting there around 12:30.

salty99
04-03-2008, 02:01 PM
Which lot is cash parking for tailgating? We're going with a group from work, but I don't think they have any parking passes. We should be getting there around 12:30.

F or L

Jurr
04-04-2008, 07:39 PM
This will be my first home opener game. A co-worker has season tickets and can't go. So I snatched them up ASAP.

Anyone have any ideas for a WSI meet and greet?
This needs to happen. This is my third game of the season (counting the Memphis game) and I have YET to see any WSI'ers out at any of the events!!! Let's get something going for the game on Monday.....hell, let's get something going for Sunday night before the game! I'm flyin' in from Pittsburgh early Sunday......we should get something together for the sunday night game!

Frontman
04-04-2008, 08:25 PM
This needs to happen. This is my third game of the season (counting the Memphis game) and I have YET to see any WSI'ers out at any of the events!!! Let's get something going for the game on Monday.....hell, let's get something going for Sunday night before the game! I'm flyin' in from Pittsburgh early Sunday......we should get something together for the sunday night game!

Sunday they're still in Detroi.....ah. I gotcha. Something like a sportsbar viewing of the game!

Good thinkin'.

Elephant
04-04-2008, 08:44 PM

If you go to the NE corner of lot B you'll see about a dozen of them probably. I'll be there. :shrug:

cwsfannick
04-04-2008, 10:47 PM
If you go to the NE corner of lot B you'll see about a dozen of them probably. I'll be there. :shrug:

Yep, these are pretty much the unofficial get togethers for most WSI gatherings. Look for the black White Sox Canopy, loud music and plenty of folks having a great time.

Streets
04-05-2008, 07:37 PM
How early would you all suggest getting in line for the bullpen bar??

Jurr
04-07-2008, 10:51 AM
Whooo hoooo!!! It's opening day!
I really look forward to seeing you guys today at the park.
I have reservations at the stadium club at 1:00, then I'm heading right over to the bullpen bar. Is that about the time you guys are heading there? 2:00 or so??

I can't wait!

Frontman
04-07-2008, 11:08 AM
Hope to see you all there, we're hitting the park probably around 2.

If you can't get in at the bar (if it gets too crowded or whatnot) hope you all have a great game, I'm in section 147, row 1. Going to have a Buehrle jersey on.

Let's go get 'em WHITE SOX!!!!!

itsnotrequired
04-07-2008, 12:57 PM
All right, I am off to the park. See everyone there!*

*figuratively, not literally