PDA

View Full Version : Healthiest/Unhealthiest Ballpark Snacks - Forbes

Heffalump
04-01-2008, 02:37 PM
Forbes does it again with thier insightful baseball research........

http://www.forbes.com/2008/03/25/snack-baseball-stadium-forbeslife-cx_avd_0326health_slide.html?partner=yahoosports

Fruit cup? holy crap, I thought those things were banned from baseball games?

MUsoxfan
04-01-2008, 02:50 PM
I go to the ballpark knowing full well I'm about to inject a couple thousand calories into my body.

hi im skot
04-01-2008, 02:51 PM
The last thing I'm concerned about at a ballgame is eating healthy.

twentywontowin
04-01-2008, 02:57 PM
I'm surprised they didn't say the USCF churro was toxic.

jackbrohamer
04-01-2008, 03:44 PM
Wow. A fruit cup and a salad are each healthier diet choices than barbeque and nachos. Who Knew?

:scratch:

ksimpson14
04-01-2008, 03:52 PM
Bacon hamburger in a Krispy Kreme donut bun not healthy? Who knew? :scratch:

Irishsox1
04-01-2008, 03:57 PM
Eating a couple of tacos down in one of those dank caves at old Comiskey has made me 20 times stronger than the average male!

TheVulture
04-01-2008, 04:05 PM
The last thing I'm concerned about at a ballgame is eating healthy.

And the last place I'd look for health information is Forbes.

spiffie
04-01-2008, 04:11 PM
Bacon hamburger in a Krispy Kreme donut bun not healthy? Who knew? :scratch:
I must go to a Gateway Grizzlies game now.

hi im skot
04-01-2008, 04:22 PM
And the last place I'd look for health information is Forbes.

That's weird, I've heard such great things about their ballpark reviews...

Elephant
04-01-2008, 04:50 PM
So I should eat a salad at the game? :rolleyes:

I think I bought one thing last year in 15 games, and that was a brat. I spend all my money on beer, don't really care about eating when I'm there. Beer's one thing I don't mind getting gouged on. 5 bucks for a hot dog? No thanks. I usually have a bite of something at the tailgate anyway.

PushinWeight
04-01-2008, 05:44 PM
Interesting to what some other parks are serving. Just because I go to a ball game doesn't mean I eat crap though... I try not to eat the food at all anyway, as it is a giant rip. I will have a few beers though, even though they are a rip as well, however, beer is beer though.

twentywontowin
04-01-2008, 05:55 PM
Interesting to what some other parks are serving.

Always is. A favorite of mine is PNC Park serves Quaker Steak and Lube wings. They kick ass.

Over By There
04-01-2008, 07:41 PM
So does a Lemon Chill count as a fruit cup? :wink:

I can honestly say I've never seen anyone at a ballgame eating any of the healthy selections. If you're eating a fruit cup and a sushi roll at a ballgame, you're missing the point, IMO.

itsnotrequired
04-01-2008, 08:08 PM
Eating a couple of tacos down in one of those dank caves at old Comiskey has made me 20 times stronger than the average male!

They're made of lips and *******s!

JoeClutch24
04-01-2008, 09:03 PM
I wish I could get that 3 minutes of my life back, cause that was a joke

manders_01
04-01-2008, 09:14 PM
See, now I'm definitely going to have to have pulled pork nachos on Saturday night. Oh good Lord - how am I going to make it till then? :drool:

roylestillman
04-01-2008, 10:04 PM
Wow. A fruit cup and a salad are each healthier diet choices than barbeque and nachos. Who Knew?

:scratch:

...and you had to dig into the "In-Depth" link to find that out.

On the other hand I think the Cell has some catching up to do. Bacon/Rings/Half pound Burger? I need that.

Parrothead
04-01-2008, 11:37 PM
I must go to a Gateway Grizzlies game now.

While you are there check out these items on thier menu...the deep fried slider (http://www.cnbc.com/id/17703763/site/14081545/) and "Baseball's Best Soft Pretzel." The pretzel is probably the healthiest of the three. It's a SuperPretzel marinated in Frank's Red Hot Buffalo Wing Sauce served with a slice of mozzarella cheese severed with a side of ranch or blue cheese dressing.

GATEWAY GRIZZLIES SPECIALTY ITEMS

- Baseball’s Best Soft Preztel: Consists of a J&J Snack Foods SUPERPRETZEL® that is marinated in Frank’s Red Hot Buffalo Wing Sauce and served with a slice of mozzarella cheese melted over the top of it. The soft pretzel will come with your choice of ranch or blue cheese dressing. It is available all season long.

- Chili Cheese Dog: A Farmland 8:1 hot dog smothered in chili and topped with shredded cheddar cheese. It is available all season long.

- Buffalo Chicken Sandwich: Buffalo chicken strips layered on a fresh baked bun then smothered in Swiss cheese and ranch dressing. Grilled onions are optional and it is available all season long.

- Bratchos: A diced bratwurst marinated in tangy buffalo sauce placed on top a boat of tortilla chips and nacho cheese sauce. It is available from June 19th to June 27th.

- Porksteak and Sweet Tea: A grilled porksteak smothered in barbecue sauce and served with a cup of sweet tea. It is available from July 1st to July 3rd.

- Twinkie Dog: A deep fried Twinkie is cut open and a Farmland 8:1 hot dog is deep fried then placed in the middle. It is available from July 11th to July 13th.

- Taco Dog: A deep fried Farmland 8:1 hot dog is placed in a crispy taco shell and topped with your choice of shredded cheese, sour cream, and taco sauce. It is available from July 21st to July 23rd.

- Philly Cheese Steak Nachos: Tortilla chips draped with shredded steak and topped with Cheese-Wiz. It is available from July 27th to August 4th.

- Crazy Corn: Popcorn mixed with Peanut Butter M&M’s. It is available August 19th to August 24th.

- Super Pierogies: Mrs. T’s Pierogies topped with chili, shredded cheddar cheese, and diced onions. It is available from August 29th to September 3rd.

:drool::bandance:

http://media.cnbc.com/i/CNBC/Sections/News_And_Analysis/__Story_Inserts/graphics/__FOOD/buffalo_pretzel_darren.jpg

FedEx227
04-02-2008, 12:41 PM
That Crazy Corn is right up my alley.

doublem23
04-02-2008, 01:14 PM
What team is this, where do they play, how far is it from here, and when are they home next? :o:

Over By There
04-02-2008, 02:28 PM
I think I had a mild heart attack just reading that post. :o:

russ99
04-02-2008, 03:02 PM
Thank goodness I don't have to decide between a Twinkie Dog and a Taco Dog...

We should e-mail Brooks - we need a Twinkie Dog night at the Cell.

cheezheadsoxfan
04-02-2008, 03:56 PM
These "let's fill some space" articles are getting to me. Fruit cups at a ballgame?:scratch: