PDA

View Full Version : Grinder Bash 2008

DumpJerry
04-01-2008, 01:27 PM
Got my email yesterday. They gave me session 2 which is May 3rd, 10:00-1:00.

It's Dankerific
04-01-2008, 01:33 PM
i got 3pm-6pm

chisoxmike
04-01-2008, 02:04 PM
You know, this is a nice event and all. But, this is the third year now they've done this. Can't they come up with something else?

It's Dankerific
04-01-2008, 02:14 PM
I hope they keep doing it till I can show up =)

DumpJerry
04-01-2008, 02:16 PM
You know, this is a nice event and all. But, this is the third year now they've done this. Can't they come up with something else?
Like what? Have you suit up for a game?

Cuck the Fubs
04-01-2008, 02:21 PM
Got my email yesterday. They gave me session 2 which is May 3rd, 10:00-1:00.

See you there:bandance:

I'm in the same timeslot :D:

btrain929
04-01-2008, 02:27 PM
What goes on at the Grinder Bash?

Cuck the Fubs
04-01-2008, 02:29 PM

Everybody takes a whack at Erstad & Rowand life size pinatas :redneck

DumpJerry
04-01-2008, 02:31 PM
Kenny sits down with Sox fans one-on-one and takes copious notes of our suggestions and then promptly acts upon them.

jenn2080
04-01-2008, 02:47 PM
Maybe I will be able to go this year.

asg2003ws2005
04-01-2008, 02:47 PM
Considering that they used to do jack and ****, this is pretty good in my book.

Team's on the road, beer and food aint that expensive to procure, and they keep st holders happy.

AND they open up the clearance racks.

Jerko
04-01-2008, 02:48 PM
I've got may 2 at 5:00. Have to skip out of work early that day.

ksimpson14
04-01-2008, 02:54 PM

And what's the deal with Opening Day?

http://img147.imageshack.us/img147/2182/jerryseinfeldoa6.jpg

skottyj242
04-01-2008, 02:56 PM
No email for me yet.

asg2003ws2005
04-01-2008, 03:01 PM
look in your sox/ticketmaster ST account

chisoxmike
04-01-2008, 03:28 PM
How about they get the Resale on Stubhub working?

Jason82807
04-01-2008, 04:05 PM
I love Grinder Bash, it's my favorite season ticket perk. The only thing is I hope we get at least to go on the grass this year like 2006. In 2007 we had to stay on the warning track/sidelines

chisoxmike
04-01-2008, 04:06 PM
I love Grinder Bash, it's my favorite season ticket perk. The only thing is I hope we get at least to go on the grass this year like 2006. In 2007 we had to stay on the warning track/sidelines

Yes, but last year they let us bring beer onto the field!!!:bandance::bandance::bandance::gulp::gulp: :gulp::bandance::bandance::bandance:

chisoxmike
04-01-2008, 04:07 PM
I didn't get a e-mail about the GRINDER bash. But I did get a e-mail about GRINDER road trip.

Did I mention GRINDERS!!!!!!!! 2005!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It's Dankerific
04-01-2008, 04:12 PM
I didn't get a e-mail about the GRINDER bash. But I did get a e-mail about GRINDER road trip.

Did I mention GRINDERS!!!!!!!! 2005!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I wish i would have tagged it and saved it, but my favorite post of the last year has been whoever posted something to the effect of omg2005undertheradargrinderhighceiling

Catfish
04-01-2008, 06:16 PM
See you there:bandance:

I'm in the same timeslot :D:

I'll be at the same one and I'm looking forward to it.

Steelrod
04-01-2008, 07:44 PM
Wow!

manders_01
04-01-2008, 07:56 PM

Everybody takes a whack at Erstad & Rowand life size pinatas :redneck

Kenny sits down with Sox fans one-on-one and takes copious notes of our suggestions and then promptly acts upon them.

No really, what is it? :?:

chisoxmike
04-01-2008, 07:59 PM
No really, what is it? :?:

Its a cool event really.

On field access, access to the visitors clubhouse and both dugouts. All you can eat and drink in the patio area under right field. Access to both bullpens. Access to the media room and scout seat lounge.

Last year they had the trophy and ring you could take a picture with.

All for free.

manders_01
04-01-2008, 08:11 PM
Its a cool event really.

On field access, access to the visitors clubhouse and both dugouts. All you can eat and drink in the patio area under right field. Access to both bullpens. Access to the media room and scout seat lounge.

Last year they had the trophy and ring you could take a picture with.

All for free.

Very cool. Have fun everyone! :smile:

soxfan21
04-01-2008, 08:12 PM
I haven't received my email yet, but I also got the email about the Grinder road trip, hopefully I'll get something tomorrow.

chisoxfanatic
04-01-2008, 08:13 PM
Does anyone else find it strange they're doing it this early in the year? It's been in the middle of the summer the last two years when it's been nice and hot out. Knowing how it can be in early May in Chicago, it'll be 20 degrees with a foot of snow on the ground.

chisoxmike
04-01-2008, 08:22 PM
Does anyone else find it strange they're doing it this early in the year? It's been in the middle of the summer the last two years when it's been nice and hot out. Knowing how it can be in early May in Chicago, it'll be 20 degrees with a foot of snow on the ground.

They did it in May last year.

Actually, they split it last year. Some ST holders had theirs in May, some had theirs in July.

Perhaps they do the same this year.

roylestillman
04-01-2008, 08:47 PM
I haven't received my email yet, but I also got the email about the Grinder road trip, hopefully I'll get something tomorrow.

If this is being handled through the season ticket account manager, I'd check your "profile" I have an e-mail from a couple of years ago in there. I didn't get this year's email nor last year's. I think that may be the problem.

DumpJerry
04-01-2008, 08:59 PM
If there is a foot of snow on the ground in Chicago on May 3rd, the conditions at Grinder Bash would be the least of our worries!

itsnotrequired
04-01-2008, 10:04 PM
May 3, 10:00 AM. Meet me at the keg for some pounders.

gogosox16
04-01-2008, 10:06 PM
I've never even heard about this

soxfan21
04-02-2008, 11:21 AM
Just got an email back from my rep and she said that I am going to be going to the one in July, should be a good time.

skottyj242
04-02-2008, 11:28 AM

I think they want to do it on the weekends and they're home all of June so it has to be May or July....the same way they did it last year.

#1swisher
04-02-2008, 11:33 AM
it's a nice event. will they allow us onto the grass this year?

Cuck the Fubs
04-02-2008, 12:09 PM
May 3, 10:00 AM. Meet me at the keg for some pounders.

I'm down :bandance:

BeefyD
04-02-2008, 12:22 PM
Per the email:

An exclusive event to honor Chicago White Sox All-Star Clients. You will have access to the United Scout Seat Lounge, the visitors' clubhouse, the Fan Deck, Pontiac Fundamentals, the warning track, both dugouts and bullpens, the Miller Lite Bullpen Sports Bar and The Patio.

Enjoy appearances by a former player, Southpaw and the 2005 World Series trophy as well as an all-you-can-eat buffet featuring Cajun chicken, fried chicken, hot dogs, BBQ ribs, hamburgers, salads and unlimited beer, wine and soft drinks

So, no go on the grass... Warning track/sidelines just like last year.

Vernam
04-02-2008, 07:59 PM
This is the first time we weren't scheduled for a Saturday afternoon. Our bash this year is 5:00 to 8:00 p.m. on Friday, May 2. That works for me. :gulp:

In '06, it was about 100 degrees in July, which was uncomfortable but also a great excuse to :gulp:.

For the non STHs who asked, the bash is basically an excuse to :gulp: for free. There's reportedly free food, too, but I don't see a WSI emoticon for that. So it's all about the :gulp:

:wink:

Vernam

skobabe8
04-22-2008, 02:47 PM
My ticket account shows Grinder Tracking Event on Sun, Sept. 28 at 8:00 pm. Is this the bash???? :?:

chisoxfanatic
04-22-2008, 04:08 PM
My ticket account shows Grinder Tracking Event on Sun, Sept. 28 at 8:00 pm. Is this the bash???? :?:

Yes, and that seems like quite an odd time for it!!!

Mine's scheduled for 3 pm on the 3rd of May.

DumpJerry
04-22-2008, 04:21 PM

Yes, and that seems like quite an odd time for it!!!

Mine's scheduled for 3 pm on the 3rd of May.
September 28th is the last game of the regular season. Probably Fan Appreciation Day.

DaBears
04-23-2008, 11:15 AM

I had an awesome time last year, but kind of get your point... if you've done this once, you've seen everything your going to see!

That being said, I'm no longer a STH and would be interested in taking 2 tickets to the Grinder Bash off of someones hands... I want to take my dad, beacuse I wasnt able to bring him last year

jenn2080
04-23-2008, 11:34 AM
I havent got anything about the Grinder Bash yet.

Meixner007
04-23-2008, 11:37 AM
I had an awesome time last year, but kind of get your point... if you've done this once, you've seen everything your going to see!

That being said, I'm no longer a STH and would be interested in taking 2 tickets to the Grinder Bash off of someones hands... I want to take my dad, beacuse I wasnt able to bring him last year

Please. Who gets fed up with free food and beer? Not to mention being able to walk pretty much anywhere in the stadium once a year.

soxfan21
04-23-2008, 11:37 AM
I havent got anything about the Grinder Bash yet.

I think that chances are that you are probably going to be invited to the one in July. I didn't receive anything last month when a bunch of other people received stuff and I called my rep about it. She told me that I was invited to the one in July and no emails or changes to my sox account would be made until the date was finalized. She said that it would probably take place the last weekend in July but they did not have a date set yet.

rommel13
04-23-2008, 12:01 PM
Last weekend in July would not be good. Since i assume a fair amount of sox fans, including season ticket holders, will be making the trip to Detroit.

soxfan21
04-23-2008, 12:04 PM
I'm kinda hoping that it's the second weekend in July, right before the all-star break.

asg2003ws2005
04-24-2008, 04:51 PM
my tix came in. YAY!

itsnotrequired
04-24-2008, 05:42 PM
my tix came in. YAY!

Same here.

ChiSoxGirl
05-01-2008, 10:09 PM
So it's supposed to storm around the time of Grinder Bash tomorrow. Is it cancelled if the weather is bad, or do they just cancel the on-field activities?

NADA SURF
05-01-2008, 10:10 PM
That's the best laugh I've had on here (and I've read all of Grebeck's stuff, too)...
But, seriously, what is Grinder Bash?

chisoxfanatic
05-01-2008, 10:27 PM
But, seriously, what is Grinder Bash?

It's a time where people get together and watch the greatest show in the history of TV that airs in back-to-back episodes at 11 and Midnight Sunday nights on the Oxygen Channel! After watching said show, you can become a TRUE "grinder." I kid you not, the show is awesome!

Nawww, it's a season ticket holder/Sox group outing goer party/event that they have every season at Comiskey. I'll be definitely taking photos with my new digital camera my boyfriend bought for me last Christmas!

NADA SURF
05-02-2008, 02:39 AM
It's a time where people get together and watch the greatest show in the history of TV that airs in back-to-back episodes at 11 and Midnight Sunday nights on the Oxygen Channel! After watching said show, you can become a TRUE "grinder." I kid you not, the show is awesome!

Nawww, it's a season ticket holder/Sox group outing goer party/event that they have every season at Comiskey. I'll be definitely taking photos with my new digital camera my boyfriend bought for me last Christmas!
You're female, right? (Not that there's anything wrong with that.)
If so, shouldn't you be a high nun instead of priest?

chisoxfanatic
05-02-2008, 10:08 AM
You're female, right? (Not that there's anything wrong with that.)
If so, shouldn't you be a high nun instead of priest?
I consider myself to be a High Modeless instead! :cool:

NADA SURF
05-02-2008, 02:29 PM
I consider myself to be a High Modeless instead! :cool:
Seems to be a bunch of really bitter young and old men on here.

voodoochile
05-02-2008, 02:33 PM
Seems to be a bunch of really bitter young and old men on here.

Hey, it's a big WWW. Plenty of places to talk Sox baseball. If we don't fit your concept of fun, then feel free to grab your hat and leave.

Maybe you can find some of those non-bitter young female models to chat with at one of the other sites...:rolleyes:

NADA SURF
05-02-2008, 09:54 PM
Hey, it's a big WWW. Plenty of places to talk Sox baseball. If we don't fit your concept of fun, then feel free to grab your hat and leave.

Maybe you can find some of those non-bitter young female models to chat with at one of the other sites...:rolleyes:
Did I strike a nerve?
I'm not the one firing up on people and calling them names on here...
I come here and suggest not signing Dye would have been a good move and you would have thought I had suggested the Sox move to Florida or something...
Suggesting Konerko be dealt after he stunk up the stadium last year was equivalent to saying he should be executed on here...
There are a lot of good guys on here, too...
But many people are angry here and I've seen many of the mods get pretty short with newcomers and people that don't know the game very well...
Take a look at a lot of recent Nellie Fox posts.
Lighten up!
This is baseball and not even all that important in life.

NADA SURF
05-02-2008, 09:55 PM

I love it here!
And I'm happy to educate and help!

voodoochile
05-02-2008, 10:25 PM
Did I strike a nerve?
I'm not the one firing up on people and calling them names on here...
I come here and suggest not signing Dye would have been a good move and you would have thought I had suggested the Sox move to Florida or something...
Suggesting Konerko be dealt after he stunk up the stadium last year was equivalent to saying he should be executed on here...
There are a lot of good guys on here, too...
But many people are angry here and I've seen many of the mods get pretty short with newcomers and people that don't know the game very well...
Take a look at a lot of recent Nellie Fox posts.
Lighten up!
This is baseball and not even all that important in life.

Nope no nerve touching, just a standard response to someone who rips on the site I and many others have spent 1000's of hours and dollars making WSI the best Sox site on the Internet. Oh and go ahead and check it out, we also have an excellent ratio of female posters on these forums compared to many sports message boards because we do such a good job of keeping the riff raff out.

I don't have a problem with you especially after exchanging PM's this afternoon, but you're the one who came here with both guns blazing. Others have earned the right to act that way, while you seem to think it's our great luck that you have deigned to trickle your wisdom down uponst us. No biggie. Sometimes people like you stick around and sometimes you stomp off in a huff. I figure you'll settle down in the long run.

redsand22
05-03-2008, 09:28 AM
Soooo, back to the Grinder Bash, I had a great time last night. Got some pics, had some food and beer. Also got a cool long sleeve camo thermal shirt for $10 and since tomorrow is my 30th, I got a Swisher Dirty30 shirt!