PDA

View Full Version : Zambrano cramps

twentywontowin
04-01-2008, 10:55 AM
Seriously, can't this guy drink some water or Gatorade? Hook him to an IV before the game?

Could it be some underlying condition? No guy should be cramping up this much. And if I'm a coach, I'm making sure my ace is going to be hydrated.

Hilarious and ridiculous.

turners56
04-01-2008, 10:56 AM
Lou Pinella doesn't need to tell his pitchers to drink water, he's too good for that.

PatK
04-01-2008, 11:02 AM
I was told during the broadcast that they blamed the cramps on Carlos playing too much guitar hero.

Somebody should buy him Rock Band, that way all his teammates could join in.

SOXPHILE
04-01-2008, 11:14 AM
Yesterday, as soon as I saw the ticker on MLB gameday that said Zambrano had left the game due to an "arm injury", I knew the story was going to be cramps again. On a cool, rainy day. Sure enough, when I got home and saw the news, I wasn't disappointed. I have never seen a pitcher get taken out of so many games due to "arm cramping" as this jackass.

skottyj242
04-01-2008, 11:34 AM
I was told during the broadcast that they blamed the cramps on Carlos playing too much guitar hero.

Somebody should buy him Rock Band, that way all his teammates could join in.

Are we labeling this injury pulling a Zamaya?

white sox bill
04-01-2008, 11:48 AM
Brain cramp maybe

Jerko
04-01-2008, 11:56 AM
last year it was too much emailing, this year it's too much guitar hero? If I'm the Brewers I'm working on Michael Barrett Boxing for the Wii or something. That'll get him out of the rotation for a while.

btrain929
04-01-2008, 01:07 PM
I'm just waiting for him to try to be a man and actually pitch thru the pain....

....which will of course result in him pulling/tearing something and being out for months. Oh well, I'd get over it.

:gulp:

tony1972
04-01-2008, 01:58 PM
Seriously, can't this guy drink some water or Gatorade? Hook him to an IV before the game?

Could it be some underlying condition? No guy should be cramping up this much. And if I'm a coach, I'm making sure my ace is going to be hydrated.

Hilarious and ridiculous.

No - he really has no control over them...besides..he only gets cramps a few days once a month..then he is fine...

WizardsofOzzie
04-03-2008, 09:18 AM
No - he really has no control over them...besides..he only gets cramps a few days once a month..then he is fine...
The Cubs have told Zambrano to up the intake of water/Gatorade and cut back on the Red Bull which apparently Zambrano enjoys. They have even gone so far as to have his sweat analyzed by the Gatorade Sports Science Institute :rolleyes:
http://www.dailyherald.com/story/?id=165493&src=152

russ99
04-03-2008, 10:08 AM
That Red Bull is some nasty stuff if taken before competing, especially if you use other sports supplements. I used to get violently ill after playing sports on Red Bull and had even worse issues the next day.

If he's been doing this for a while, I'll be interested to see if he has a drop off while trying to wean off. It also may explain why he's so hyper.

bigsoxfan420
04-03-2008, 10:11 AM
No kidding. When I saw this I thought it was July. What else does this guy have to do, get in shape and throw the damn ball. Oh, and by the way get out of the way of the infielders, idiot!

CubKilla
04-03-2008, 11:24 AM
The radio mediots were using the caffeinated drinks as an excuse yesterday for Zambrano's fist-pumping and hollaring on the mound during games.

Wonder if they're the reason why he attacks catchers also :rolleyes:

minutia
04-03-2008, 03:45 PM
The Cubs have told Zambrano to up the intake of water/Gatorade and cut back on the Red Bull which apparently Zambrano enjoys. They have even gone so far as to have his sweat analyzed by the Gatorade Sports Science Institute :rolleyes:
http://www.dailyherald.com/story/?id=165493&src=152
Wow, the last thing this dude should be drinking is Red Bull. He is crazy enough, he doesn't need to turn the knob up. Pluse, Red Bull is a bunch of chemicals. Too much of it cannot be good for anyone.

soxfan13
04-03-2008, 03:50 PM
Wow, the last thing this dude should be drinking is Red Bull. He is crazy enough, he doesn't need to turn the knob up. Pluse, Red Bull is a bunch of chemicals. Too much of it cannot be good for anyone.

Exactly and if you already have dehydration issues which Zambrano has, then caffeine is the last thing he should be pumping into his body before a game.

thomas35forever
04-03-2008, 09:19 PM
http://www.whitesoxinteractive.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=91174
Not the first time this has happened.

spiffie
04-04-2008, 05:29 PM
HA HA! It's a Zambrano has a vagina joke! :rolleyes: