PDA

View Full Version : Fukudome mania already too much?

It's Time
04-01-2008, 10:41 AM
Can you believe this? Talk about the hype machine being in full force. WOW!!:?:

oeo
04-01-2008, 10:45 AM
Not saying he won't be great, but he has the obvious advantage right now of no one having a scouting report on him, while he has a scouting report on the opposing pitchers. Whatever weaknesses he has will be exposed in time.

It's Time
04-01-2008, 10:47 AM
Not saying he won't be great, but he has the obvious advantage right now of no one having a scouting report on him, while he has a scouting report on the opposing pitchers. Whatever weaknesses he has will be exposed in time.

Great or not, the amount of coverage on him is unreal. Not just here, but nationally.

soxfan13
04-01-2008, 10:49 AM
Great or not, the amount of coverage on him is unreal. Not just here, but nationally.

As it was for the other bigger name japanese players to come over.

kittle42
04-01-2008, 10:54 AM
As it was for the other bigger name japanese players to come over.

If Fukudome were on the Sox, and he received similar coverage, no one would be whining.

skottyj242
04-01-2008, 10:54 AM

Nobody has a scouting report on him? You're telling my in this day and age pitchers are going in blindly on him? I'm calling two down on this one. The guy may turn out to be a good player and we may have to just accept that.

turners56
04-01-2008, 10:55 AM
Home runs off of Eric Gagne were very common last year. Fukudome did look pretty impressive, but I don't think it'll hold up.

soxfan13
04-01-2008, 10:57 AM
If Fukudome were on the Sox, and he received similar coverage, no one would be whining.

You aint lying :gulp: One of the biggest let downs that I recall was the bidding war for Kaz Matsui "the next Ichiro but with power" how big of a disappointment has he turned out to be , compared to the hype that is.

TomBradley72
04-01-2008, 11:00 AM
Didn't Tuffy Roades have a huge opening day once?

Fukudome is probably the real deal (unfortunately). As far as the hype machine goes....I love the Cubbie hype machine. It was especially apparent in 2004...the constant media crush puts alot of pressure on the team and eventually contributes to an annual Cubbie implosion that keeps the 100 year streak intact.

So I like it.

kittle42
04-01-2008, 11:00 AM
You aint lying :gulp: One of the biggest let downs that I recall was the bidding war for Kaz Matsui "the next Ichiro but with power" how big of a disappointment has he turned out to be , compared to the hype that is.

I just hate that every time something has anything to do with the Cubs, people act like any attention paid to it is nothing other than the usual undeserved Cub love. Hey, I hate the Cubs, too, but let's not all be silly here. If Fukudome were on the Sox and, say, went 3-3 with a game tying 3-run HR in his first U.S. game, I would be 95% sure he would have been the major headline on a day when both teams lost.

I'm just looking forward to the first game I attend in the bleachers at Wrigley this year to hear the idiotic racist remarks that will undoubtedly be hurled by some of the Cubbie faithful. Of course, I have heard similar things at the Cell depending on who's playing, so I'm not trying to stereotype anything, other than to say people make me sad.

skottyj242
04-01-2008, 11:04 AM
Home runs off of Eric Gagne were very common last year. Fukudome did look pretty impressive, but I don't think it'll hold up.

So what about what he did against Sheets? He was 3-3 with a walk. That's pretty impressive against any Major League pitching.

skottyj242
04-01-2008, 11:05 AM
I just hate that every time something has anything to do with the Cubs, people act like any attention paid to it is nothing other than the usual undeserved Cub love. Hey, I hate the Cubs, too, but let's not all be silly here. If Fukudome were on the Sox and, say, went 3-3 with a game tying 3-run HR in his first U.S. game, I would be 95% sure he would have been the major headline on a day when both teams lost.

I couldn't agree more.

soxfan13
04-01-2008, 11:05 AM

I'm just looking forward to the first game I attend in the bleachers at Wrigley this year to hear the idiotic racist remarks that will undoubtedly be hurled by some of the Cubbie faithful. Of course, I have heard similar things at the Cell depending on who's playing, so I'm not trying to stereotype anything, other than to say people make me sad.

I am with you buddy:gulp:

kittle42
04-01-2008, 11:09 AM
I couldn't agree more.

I am with you buddy:gulp:

I said a few seasons back that there is a contingency of people who wouldn't be happy unless the Sox were treated like the Cubs are and the Cubs were treated like the Sox are in the media, and that these same people wouldn't care that it would make them complete hypocrites.

Boondock Saint
04-01-2008, 11:14 AM
So what about what he did against Sheets? He was 3-3 with a walk. That's pretty impressive against any Major League pitching.

Exactly. In a game where both starters were taking guys out left and right, Fukudome was unstoppable. I don't mean to fuel the hype machine, but this hype was well deserved (for one day).

spawn
04-01-2008, 11:29 AM
The guy had 3 of the 5 Cubs hits on opening day at Wrigley, including a game tying 3-run homer in the 9th. What was supposed to happen? As someone else has said, he's earned the praise for what he did yesterday. I swear, we'll whine at just about anything.

RedHeadPaleHoser
04-01-2008, 11:29 AM
Exactly. In a game where both starters were taking guys out left and right, Fukudome was unstoppable. I don't mean to fuel the hype machine, but this hype was well deserved (for one day).

He hits a 3 run HR in his major league debut to tie the game on a national stage (ESPN).

Let's see what he does with RISP in June/July, when all the NL teams have had a chance to scout him. Let's see if he can sustain his performance and we'll see what the hype machine looks like then.

Ichiro pisses me off because of his ability to garner a hit; Fukodome hit a belt high pitch into the Wrigley seats. There's not a lot of ability to compare the two - yet.

Boondock Saint
04-01-2008, 11:40 AM
He hits a 3 run HR in his major league debut to tie the game on a national stage (ESPN).

Let's see what he does with RISP in June/July, when all the NL teams have had a chance to scout him. Let's see if he can sustain his performance and we'll see what the hype machine looks like then.

Ichiro pisses me off because of his ability to garner a hit; Fukodome hit a belt high pitch into the Wrigley seats. There's not a lot of ability to compare the two - yet.

I get all of your points, but he didn't just hit a 3 run bomb. He did everything but hit a triple against a hot-handed Ben Sheets (I know the HR was off Gagne). But if someone's already comparing him to Ichiro, that's just plain stupid.

RedHeadPaleHoser
04-01-2008, 01:16 PM
I get all of your points, but he didn't just hit a 3 run bomb. He did everything but hit a triple against a hot-handed Ben Sheets (I know the HR was off Gagne). But if someone's already comparing him to Ichiro, that's just plain stupid.

No, I agree, he had a great debut game; he's being hyped up for the 3 run HR - a few of the sports channels I was skimming last night had Ichiro/Fukodome comparisons.

ksimpson14
04-01-2008, 01:21 PM
I don't think it has that much to do with him being Japanese, by now we've had plenty of Japanese players, some mediocre, if that.

He should get props, it was a great debut, and he came up big late, just like any player around the league probably would. I'm sure some media and morons will take this as a sure sign that he's an elite player, but there's a whole season to show what he'll be. I agree with the above comments, he has an advantage now in terms of scouting

Frater Perdurabo
04-01-2008, 01:47 PM
Remember all the fawning over Jerome Walton's 30-game hitting streak? :redneck

soxfan13
04-01-2008, 01:55 PM
Remember all the fawning over Jerome Walton's 30-game hitting streak? :redneck

Yeah cuz a 30 game hit streak is not a big deal!

jenn2080
04-01-2008, 02:43 PM

You took the words out of my mouth. If he were on the White Sox people would be loving the attention.

Dan Mega
04-01-2008, 02:50 PM
You took the words out of my mouth. If he were on the White Sox people would be loving the attention.

Some (many) Sox fans have short-man syndrome (aka napoleon complex). If the Sox were getting the bulk of the coverage, they would hate it.

hi im skot
04-01-2008, 02:54 PM
Talk about a non-issue.

Frater Perdurabo
04-01-2008, 02:57 PM
Yeah cuz a 30 game hit streak is not a big deal!

I'm assuming the teal here.

My point was the Walton had a great streak. Some thought he was destined for the Hall of Fame. Now where is he? :scratch:

PatK
04-01-2008, 02:57 PM
The thing that just kind of steams me about the hype and coverage is that they are acting like he is the first Japanese player that's ever played for Chicago.

I seem to remember Iguchi winning game for the Sox in the opening series with little to no fanfare.

But we gotta remember- anything the Cubs do is going to get more attention than if the Sox do it. It's like the law of gravity- you can't beat it.

Craig Grebeck
04-01-2008, 03:00 PM
If you don't understand the difference between Fukudome and Tadahito, well, you're lost.

hi im skot
04-01-2008, 03:07 PM
The thing that just kind of steams me about the hype and coverage is that they are acting like he is the first Japanese player that's ever played for Chicago.

I seem to remember Iguchi winning game for the Sox in the opening series with little to no fanfare.

But we gotta remember- anything the Cubs do is going to get more attention than if the Sox do it. It's like the law of gravity- you can't beat it.

Iguchi wasn't a highly-touted free agrent like Fukudome. No one was getting in bidding wars over Iguchi.

doublem23
04-01-2008, 03:11 PM
If you don't understand the difference between Fukudome and Tadahito, well, you're lost.

Yeah. Tadahito has a World Series ring. :cool:

It's Dankerific
04-01-2008, 03:12 PM

Too bad Lexi didn't have the same advantage yesterday against CC....

I don't think we can discount Fukudome. he had a good game, like anyone else in the mlb that went 3-3 with a 3 run hr

Cuck the Fubs
04-01-2008, 03:23 PM
Overhyped? A bit........

However, I think when it's said and done he's a solid ballplayer.

I say .285 25 homers 90 rbi

He's not the savior as he can't pitch or close :redneck

PatK
04-01-2008, 04:00 PM

I understand the difference between the two besides one playing for the Cubs, the other the Sox.

Fukudome wasn't the first baseball player signed to a Chicago baseball team, that's all I'm saying.

There wasn't any hype when the Sox signed Shingo either, despite him being the all-time saves leader in Japan.

The Cubs signing Shingo this year almost got as much press as when the Sox signed him.

All I'm saying is that regardless, whatever the Cubs do will get more press than the Sox, and that's something that we can't change, no matter what we do. Unless it's something that could be construed as negative about the team.

swisherfan
04-01-2008, 04:12 PM
Talk to me when this guy is hitting .245 in May and Zambrano's arm is toast...........does anyone realize how bad the Cubs 'pen is? Howry, Wood, Eyre and Dempster as a starter? I know our 'pen isn't great but to annoint the Cubs as a WS contender? Not with the pitching they have...........Go Sox,

hi im skot
04-01-2008, 04:27 PM
Ugh.

It's Time
04-01-2008, 04:28 PM
Talk to me when this guy is hitting .245 in May and Zambrano's arm is toast...........does anyone realize how bad the Cubs 'pen is? Howry, Wood, Eyre and Dempster as a starter? I know our 'pen isn't great but to annoint the Cubs as a WS contender? Not with the pitching they have...........Go Sox,

How did you leave Marmol out of the equation? :o: He might be the best pen guy in baseball right now.

Howry always starts slow, then usually he pitches well.

Foulke You
04-01-2008, 04:58 PM
How did you leave Marmol out of the equation? :o: He might be the best pen guy in baseball right now.
I'd like to see Marmol do it again for a season before annointing him the best pen guy in baseball. He certainly was one of the best last year but look how young and promising Neal Cotts was in '05 for us. Cotts had a microscopic E.R.A. and was lights out too and then he melted in '06 and has yet to recover. Marmol could very well follow the same path or he could become a stud. However, one great year does not make him the best in baseball in my eyes.

MCHSoxFan
04-01-2008, 05:09 PM
Can you believe this? Talk about the hype machine being in full force. WOW!!:?:

Everbody was telling me that Fuku is a "BEAST". It is ONE game. Hell, Thomse hit 2-2 run home-runs! OVER-RATED! OVER-RATED!

santo=dorf
04-01-2008, 05:32 PM
The same could be said about Alexi Ramirez, no?

Johnnydogs
04-01-2008, 07:03 PM

Exactly. I still wish we had been able to coax him to the Cell. I believe the guy is going to be a great hitter in MLB (not necessary lots of homers but power in line drives and doubles). He can really hit and get on base. Fukudome is not Kaz Matsui and their career Japanese numbers show the differences. Fukudome was a two time batting champion, MVP, and had a career .305 BA with a .397 OBP (at least .430 OBP over the last three years). Anyway, if he were a Sox we'd all be smiling. There's no reason not to give him his due.

SoxandtheCityTee
04-02-2008, 09:02 AM
Mike & Mike just did their 2008 MLB picks and Greenberg picked Fukodome for ROY and MVP. Too much is not enough.

rwcescato
04-02-2008, 09:08 AM

Fukudome is probably the real deal (unfortunately). As far as the hype machine goes....I love the Cubbie hype machine. It was especially apparent in 2004...the constant media crush puts alot of pressure on the team and eventually contributes to an annual Cubbie implosion that keeps the 100 year streak intact.

So I like it.

Who cares. Just dont pay attention to it. The only articles I read are the Sox in the paper anyway.
GO SOX!!!!:bandance:

rwcescato
04-02-2008, 09:10 AM
Who cares. Just dont pay attention to it. I only read the Sox articles anyway.:bandance:

soxfan13
04-02-2008, 09:44 AM
I understand the difference between the two besides one playing for the Cubs, the other the Sox.

Fukudome wasn't the first baseball player signed to a Chicago baseball team, that's all I'm saying.

There wasn't any hype when the Sox signed Shingo either, despite him being the all-time saves leader in Japan.

The Cubs signing Shingo this year almost got as much press as when the Sox signed him.

All I'm saying is that regardless, whatever the Cubs do will get more press than the Sox, and that's something that we can't change, no matter what we do. Unless it's something that could be construed as negative about the team.

Again the difference is Shingo was at the end of his career when he came over. The Sox were lucky to get what they did out of him. There was no bidding war on Shingo. As for all the press Shingo got IIRC it was little blurbs in both papers that I saw , not some big article like you suggest. IMO the reason the blurbs were bigger is because of his former team the White Sox.

spawn
04-02-2008, 09:49 AM
Mike & Mike just did their 2008 MLB picks and Greenberg picked Fukodome for ROY and MVP. Too much is not enough.
Are you serious? Now that's just ridiculous! :rolling:

PatK
04-02-2008, 10:18 AM
Again the difference is Shingo was at the end of his career when he came over. The Sox were lucky to get what they did out of him. There was no bidding war on Shingo. As for all the press Shingo got IIRC it was little blurbs in both papers that I saw , not some big article like you suggest. IMO the reason the blurbs were bigger is because of his former team the White Sox.

I'm not suggesting that there were big articles, just that the hype was about the same for both signings.

I know Fukudome is a hell of a player and had a great first game. But there are 161 left. If he goes on a tear and keeps this up for the first month or so, I can live with the hype and press.

But it's one game.

soxfan13
04-02-2008, 10:37 AM
I'm not suggesting that there were big articles, just that the hype was about the same for both signings.

I know Fukudome is a hell of a player and had a great first game. But there are 161 left. If he goes on a tear and keeps this up for the first month or so, I can live with the hype and press.

But it's one game.

Do you honestly believe the hype was the same for the Cubs signing Fukodome as it was for the Shingo signing ?:?:

Viva Medias B's
04-02-2008, 10:38 AM

After 1 game. With 161 to go. Using that logic, I guess Jim Thome is a cinch to be the AL MVP.

TomBradley72
04-02-2008, 11:19 AM
Big name player from Japan signs with a franchise in a major market, goes 3-3 in his debut, including a 3 run HR to tie the game in the bottom of the 9th at home. It was one of the biggest stories anywhere on Opening Day...Cub media bias or not.

Madscout
04-02-2008, 11:39 AM
Go with Stoney on this one. One his appearance on the score he said something like Fukedome took a lot of pitches in spring training, so scouts thought he would take a lot. So now, guys try to get ahead of him, throwing a lot of first pitch fastballs that are sure in the strikezone. A few weeks, and the scouting reports will be more accurate, but he did win a bunch of batting titles in Japan, and should be a quality player if he stays healthy.

For a hitter to do something like that in his first appearances shows one of two things, great coaching or a great baseball mind of the player. It will be interesting to see how he reacts to pitchers when the scouting reports change.

oeo
04-02-2008, 11:53 AM
Nobody has a scouting report on him? You're telling my in this day and age pitchers are going in blindly on him? I'm calling two down on this one. The guy may turn out to be a good player and we may have to just accept that.

Did I not mention that he may be great?

But no, they don't have a good scouting report on him...he just came over. It takes more than Spring Training to learn tendencies and/or weaknesses.

It's Dankerific
04-02-2008, 03:21 PM
Did I not mention that he may be great?

But no, they don't have a good scouting report on him...he just came over. It takes more than Spring Training to learn tendencies and/or weaknesses.

Except with Lexi, apparently.

oeo
04-02-2008, 03:24 PM

They don't have a good scouting report on Alexei, because they were throwing him fastball after fastball on Monday...which he can crush. For whatever reason (nerves, likely), he just couldn't get a hold of one.

cheezheadsoxfan
04-02-2008, 04:00 PM

So I like it.
Never thought of it that way. So it may be a good thing?

russ99
04-02-2008, 05:36 PM
Fku-dome is 0-3 with 2 strikeouts today. One game doesn't make a player into All-Star.

Typical Cubbie over-hype.

hi im skot
04-02-2008, 05:40 PM
Fku-dome is 0-3 with 2 strikeouts today. One game doesn't make a player into All-Star.

Typical Cubbie over-hype.

Two early April games doesn't exactly determine a season, though.

PatK
04-02-2008, 05:42 PM

Which is too bad, because I would really like to see the Tigers and Cubs go 0-162

russ99
04-02-2008, 05:47 PM

Absolutely my point. He could have a very good season, but a homer on opening day won't turn him into the next Willie Mays.

Foulke You
04-02-2008, 05:53 PM
Which is too bad, because I would really like to see the Tigers and Cubs go 0-162
Indeed! :cool:

TDog
04-02-2008, 05:55 PM
Absolutely my point. He could have a very good season, but a homer on opening day won't turn him into the next Willie Mays.

Willie Mays didn't get a hit in his first 12 major league at bats, so that's how much better Dukedom is going to be than Willie Mays.

I'm just glad Harry Ca ray isn't alive to be part of this. Between his hatred for Asians and his inability to pronounce unusual names, the Cubs would be in trouble.

ksimpson14
04-02-2008, 06:10 PM

Except that one is coming from a league that is probably the equivalent of AA baseball in the US, and probably has no business starting yet...

The Dude
04-02-2008, 06:19 PM

This is a perfectly written post. The first paragraph is very typical of many here on this site.

Unfortunately, the 'stereotype' racist remarks will fly. That is a guarantee and is very unfortunate.

kittle42
04-02-2008, 06:27 PM
This is a perfectly written post. The first paragraph is very typical of many here on this site.

Unfortunately, the 'stereotype' racist remarks will fly. That is a guarantee and is very unfortunate.

I was in the RF bleachers and came the closest I have ever come in my life to a fight when these frat-ish idiots wouldn't let up with "Fagglio" during a Sox/Cubs game at The Shrine. [Note: This was before the Historic Bud Light Bleachers] Stupid fans upset me.

DrCrawdad
04-02-2008, 11:44 PM
Overhyped? A bit........

However, I think when it's said and done he's a solid ballplayer.

I say .285 25 homers 90 rbi

He's not the savior as he can't pitch or close :redneck

Too high on the HR. I say .285 and 17 HR.

peeonwrigley
04-02-2008, 11:54 PM
Stupid fans upset me.

It goes without saying, but if the above quote is true you should really stay away from Crosstown games.

I went to two in '06, that was enough for a lifetime.

JB98
04-03-2008, 12:03 AM
It goes without saying, but if the above quote is true you should really stay away from Crosstown games.

I went to two in '06, that was enough for a lifetime.

I typically sell my crosstown tickets. Watching baseball with Cubs fans is a fate worse than death.

SoxandtheCityTee
04-03-2008, 09:26 AM
Are you serious? Now that's just ridiculous! :rolling:

Yep, heard it with my own two ears.

PatK
04-03-2008, 09:59 AM
I'm just glad Harry Caray isn't alive to be part of this. Between his hatred for Asians and his inability to pronounce unusual names, the Cubs would be in trouble.

Harry hated Asians? :scratch:

If Harry was still around, I imagine a record number of FCC violations.

russ99
04-03-2008, 10:02 AM

While some racist remarks from the Wrigley faithful is probably inevitable, especially after the track record of how they treated Jacque Jones, I think they'll first taunt him with the swear word/phrase easily made from part of his last name.

I'm avoiding Crosstown (at least at Sox park) for the forseeable future. It was fun at first, but lately it's been like they unlock all the asylums and rehab centers and give them all Cubs hats and Sox/Cub tickets. I have no difficulty going to Wrigley to act like an ass and return the favor.

kittle42
04-03-2008, 11:33 AM
I have no difficulty going to Wrigley to act like an ass and return the favor.

Then you're only feeding the beast, the media's perception of Sox fans, and being a bit hypocritical.

scarsofthumper
04-08-2008, 11:24 PM
I think once Fukudome gets adjusted to playing in the MLB he'll be an all-star.

Now will he be an all-star in a Cubs uni? I highly doubt it.

JermaineDye05
04-08-2008, 11:57 PM

Why not? He'll be getting a ****load of votes from Cubs fans, and fans in Japan. I don't see why he wouldn't make the allstar game this season if he puts up decent numbers.

BadBobbyJenks
04-09-2008, 12:38 AM
I wonder what people would be saying about Swisher if he was in a cubs uniform. Oh my god the guy walks 3 times and all of a sudden hes the greatest thing ever! Do you see that goatee he grew SO RIDICULOUS!!!!!:angry: Can we stop hearing every cubs teamate tell me how awesome this guy is and how its such a family over there....and so on

soltrain21
04-09-2008, 12:40 AM
I wonder what people would be saying about Swisher if he was in a cubs uniform. Oh my god the guy walks 3 times and all of a sudden hes the greatest thing ever! Do you see that goatee he grew SO RIDICULOUS!!!!!:angry: Can we stop hearing every cubs teamate tell me how awesome this guy is and how its such a family over there....and so on

I'm confused. Are you explaining Swisher or Fukudome?

chaerulez
04-09-2008, 01:15 AM

He's not going to be an All Star within four years?

Viva Medias B's
04-09-2008, 08:11 AM
One thing I noticed is that whenever Fukudome takes the field or gets a hit, the TV shows Cub fans in the bleachers bowing before him in literal religious worship. That is all you need to know about them.

PatK
04-09-2008, 11:11 AM
My g/f was at the game Sunday and said there were countless fools wearing Kamakaze headbands and dressed in kimonos bowing and dowing karate chops in the air when he was batting.

kittle42
04-09-2008, 11:36 AM
My g/f was at the game Sunday and said there were countless fools wearing Kamakaze headbands and dressed in kimonos bowing and dowing karate chops in the air when he was batting.

The bartenders at some of the local spots all wear rising sun bandanas, too.

Then again, we had a gong.

PatK
04-09-2008, 12:15 PM
Then again, we had a gong.

And we got ripped on for that, didn't we?

Droso5
04-09-2008, 12:25 PM
Eh, not all that much from what my hazy memory can recall. Didn't Shingo actually like the gong during his intro music?

I will say, for the record of course, that kamakazi (spelling) headbands, kimonos and karate chops are a bit much. But then again those fans are probably drunk, stupid or both.

BadBobbyJenks
04-09-2008, 12:45 PM
I'm confused. Are you explaining Swisher or Fukudome?

What many would be saying about Swisher if he were a cub

Droso5
04-09-2008, 01:39 PM
Well that's the psychology and mental states of fans of, really, any team out there. It just gets amplified by the message boards and the fact that Chicago, with it's north and south sides, is a very unique case. And us, as Sox fans, just flat out hate the cubs and our local media....that doesnt help either.

kittle42
04-09-2008, 01:58 PM
What many would be saying about Swisher if he were a cub

Yeah - some here would be calling his beard "gay" or something ****ing stupid like that.

Deal with it, kids. If jackasses in the RF bleachers at the Cell were doing this if the Sox signed Fukudome, a bunch of you would find it endearing.

If Swisher was on the Cubs and got everyone going on this beard thing, you'd rip it like like you did with Matt Clement.

It's just like politics.

jdm2662
04-09-2008, 02:00 PM
Yeah - some here would be calling his beard "gay" or something ****ing stupid like that.

Deal with it, kids. If jackasses in the RF bleachers at the Cell were doing this if the Sox signed Fukudome, a bunch of you would find it endearing.

If Swisher was on the Cubs and got everyone going on this beard thing, you'd rip it like like you did with Matt Clement.

It's just like politics.

Personally, I find the beards hideous.

However, if the likes of Jenks and Swisher keep producing, and the team keeps winning, they can wear speedos for all I care.