PDA

View Full Version : Comcast: Games now OnDemand

ksimpson14
04-01-2008, 01:56 AM
Heard this in the broadcast, thought I'd pass it along with its own thread.

The CSN games are now available OnDemand on Comcast (either channel 999, or just go through regular onDemand and pick 'Get Local', 'Chicago Sports', and then there's 'Comcast SportsNet'

I think this is really great. Now if I'm going to miss a game live, I don't have to worry about DVR space or when the replay is going to be. Kudos to both Comcast and the Sox!

It's Dankerific
04-01-2008, 04:05 AM
That is pretty cool, I dream of the day where that can be done from any part of the country.

btrain929
04-01-2008, 11:59 AM
Heard this in the broadcast, thought I'd pass it along with its own thread.

The CSN games are now available OnDemand on Comcast (either channel 999, or just go through regular onDemand and pick 'Get Local', 'Chicago Sports', and then there's 'Comcast SportsNet'

I think this is really great. Now if I'm going to miss a game live, I don't have to worry about DVR space or when the replay is going to be. Kudos to both Comcast and the Sox!

Will it archive all the games for the entire year? Like lets say Javy throws a no-hitter tomorrow. When it's September, will I be able to rewatch that game?
Will it cost anything?

ksimpson14
04-01-2008, 12:23 PM
Will it archive all the games for the entire year? Like lets say Javy throws a no-hitter tomorrow. When it's September, will I be able to rewatch that game?
Will it cost anything?

It will be 'free' if you have digital cable, but I really have no idea on how long they'll archive them. I would guess they'd clear some out after some time period

bigsoxfan420
04-01-2008, 12:26 PM
I have RCN and the OnDemad is only mediocre. We don't have any broadcast channels and no Howard Stern:(:.

asg2003ws2005
04-01-2008, 12:30 PM
pregame was on there yesterday.